Options

Ticket prices. This is not for you (the fans).

Comments

• Options
    BudTBudT Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Posts: 58
    SHZA said:
    BudT said:
    To some people the band can't do anything wrong. PJ Premium is horseshit but I just bought a pair for almost $1,3000 and they are above 100 level. I know I don't have to pay it, but otherwise I'm way up top for almost as much money or I don't go. 
    $1,300 for a pair of tickets that are worse than I would get with my 10c #.  25 years in the club for them to gouge me with the equivalent of scalped tickets, tickets that used to be fan club tickets every tour. I'm probably checking out after this tour but I needed to finally hit my 50th show. There aren't enough tickets, but there really aren't enough for the 10c sale when they save those seats pulled out to be legally scalped to their fans. Tell me I'm an asshole for paying that much but they gave me no choice.
    Your choice was to wait and see how the market adjusts in the six months until the show. There will be other opportunities for tickets. 
    All your comments are telling people it's their fault and this is all normal. Is this Tim from 10c burner account?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,492
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why aren’t they selling behind stage msg??? That’s ridiculous. 

Because they need to sell the high priced tickets first. Having backstage tickets available would decrease demand!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    edited February 25
    BudT said:
    SHZA said:
    BudT said:
    To some people the band can't do anything wrong. PJ Premium is horseshit but I just bought a pair for almost $1,3000 and they are above 100 level. I know I don't have to pay it, but otherwise I'm way up top for almost as much money or I don't go. 
    $1,300 for a pair of tickets that are worse than I would get with my 10c #.  25 years in the club for them to gouge me with the equivalent of scalped tickets, tickets that used to be fan club tickets every tour. I'm probably checking out after this tour but I needed to finally hit my 50th show. There aren't enough tickets, but there really aren't enough for the 10c sale when they save those seats pulled out to be legally scalped to their fans. Tell me I'm an asshole for paying that much but they gave me no choice.
    Your choice was to wait and see how the market adjusts in the six months until the show. There will be other opportunities for tickets. 
    All your comments are telling people it's their fault and this is all normal. Is this Tim from 10c burner account?
    What's not normal? Tickets sold like crazy. The market says the prices probably still aren't high enough.

Edit: Wait you willingly paid 1300 for a pair and now you're mad about it?
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    The biggest issue now is that the best seats on the house no longer applies. There are some examples of people getting similar seats as in the past but it seems that’s not the norm. My friend has 167xxxx. His seats were normally the section next to the stage or 2 sections over. For Vegas 2 he is across from the stage in the back. I got shut out for my shows (93xxx) but for the Chicago shows last year I was 2 rows behind the pit for one show, and 4 rows behind the pit for the other. I was always side stage 6-12 rows up. Where have these seats gone? I don’t see many people pulling these. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    BudT said:
    SHZA said:
    BudT said:
    What's not normal? Tickets sold like crazy. The market says the prices probably still aren't high enough.

Of course I'm mad about it. THESE TICKETS SHOULD HAVE BEEN 10C TICKETS. That's what it boils down to, we should've had a shot at these tickets in the lottery.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    We are in agreement so not sure if we are having a debate or not =). The real travesty of this pricing/ticketing system is not so much the higher prices or TM's marketing techniques, but the removal of the best seats from the 10C sale. 
    This 100%
  • Options
    BudT said:
    pjl44 said:
    BudT said:
    SHZA said:
    BudT said:

Of course I'm mad about it. THESE TICKETS SHOULD HAVE BEEN 10C TICKETS. That's what it boils down to, we should've had a shot at these tickets in the lottery.
    It really is never good enough
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    BudT said:
    Everyone’s argument is F2F is great but you have to sit on there constantly and get a little lucky. Even if you time it with someone 
     that can go wrong. Yes there are some opportunities but not great ones. Plus the tickets on F2F aren’t going to be great this time around. Lots of undesirable tickets are going to get put up.
  • Options
    I got shut out of 1 of the 2 shows I wanted and I have 6ish months to figure it out but what I am certainly not doing is impulsively paying $650 a seat
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
    Get_Right said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Because they need to sell the high priced tickets first. Having backstage tickets available would decrease demand!
    Really? I don’t think anything will decrease demand for the two msg shows. 
  • Options
    Tickets that are good and reasonably priced aren't going to start appearing as the show gets closer. If you've gone to any shows the last few tours, in a high demand market you know that. It's not going to happen.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    nicknyr15 said:
    Get_Right said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I think this is the first time ever that they haven't sold seats behind the stage for msg or philly.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Get_Right said:
    nicknyr15 said:

People will not buy the $1000 seats if there are $200 rear stage seats available. I am guessing they might be on sale in a month or two.
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    edited February 25
    Looks like the $600 premiums for upper bowl philly night 2 have gone down to $480...so that's promising.   I don't get the premiums though, if you are gonna do premiums you'd figure those seats would ALL be in one or two of the best sections of the arena enticing the buyer to spend that kind of money.  Who is gonna buy a premium ticket in the nose bleeds for 600 when the seat RIGHT next to them cost $175.. very odd the seating assignments for these premium tickets.   Also do these tickets get you anything else a standard ticket doesn't?
    Post edited by GetRight13 on
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    As of last night I wasn't able to even view seats without a code, never mind buy. To confirm...some shows have rear stage seating and others do not? I had wondered if they have a new stage setup that would block out the rear.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    AA295481AA295481 Posts: 101
    edited February 25
    I drew a line in 2016, when tickets were $85 and would not pay a dime over, I never in a millon years thought that 8 years later, they would be over $200 a ticket
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219
    edited February 25
    nicknyr15 said:

Million dollar question as they did sell backstage for Seattle. Those of us with codes in the site at 10.15 am on the onsale date got royally screwed.

And we need an answer from the club why so many won 3 or 4 NE indoor shows. These tickets are as difficult as ever to get yet some wine four times? Impossible.

• Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 73
    Once again, the only reason you are seeing these crazy high priced dynamic priced tickets is because PEOPLE ARE NOT BUYING THEM.

If these tickets had been the regular flat price they would have sold immediately and then you wouldn't see ANY tickets available and people would bitch about that. More people want tickets than there are tickets available.

I was extremely lucky to go 4/4 in my 10C requests. We needed additional seats for Sacramento and I was waitlisted but my friend got into the non 10C presale. By the time he got in, there were like 3k people in line ahead of him. He was able to pull some 100 level $175 tickets towards the back but by the time he added them to his cart they were gone. We ended up with 200 level near the front on Stone's side.

Yes, it sucks that they sell these dynamically priced tickets but it is what it is. There would still be lots of 10C members shut out of the sales if they didn't do this. My guess is they have grown the 10C substantially in the last 20 years and there's not enough tickets to go around.

I'd be curious to know how much 10C members would be willing to pay per/year to be guaranteed tickets for at least one show (or more) per year. Would that solve the problem for some people?
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Million dollar question as they did sell backstage for Seattle. Those of us with codes in the site at 10.15 am on the onsale date got royally screwed.

And we need an answer from the club why so many won 3 or 4 NE indoor shows. These tickets are as difficult as ever to get yet some wine four times? Impossible.

Clearly it is possible and you will never get an answer. And if you thought that the verified sale was anything but a bait and switch then you may not have gone through it before. If you do not score 10C tix, then you will have to work to find a decent seat at a fair price.  At least in the high demand markets.  I am thinking it will be easy to get tix for the markets in less demand once we get closer to the shows. 
  • Options
    efroten2 said:
    Once again, the only reason you are seeing these crazy high priced dynamic priced tickets is because PEOPLE ARE NOT BUYING THEM.

If these tickets had been the regular flat price they would have sold immediately and then you wouldn't see ANY tickets available and people would bitch about that. More people want tickets than there are tickets available.

I was extremely lucky to go 4/4 in my 10C requests. We needed additional seats for Sacramento and I was waitlisted but my friend got into the non 10C presale. By the time he got in, there were like 3k people in line ahead of him. He was able to pull some 100 level $175 tickets towards the back but by the time he added them to his cart they were gone. We ended up with 200 level near the front on Stone's side.

Yes, it sucks that they sell these dynamically priced tickets but it is what it is. There would still be lots of 10C members shut out of the sales if they didn't do this. My guess is they have grown the 10C substantially in the last 20 years and there's not enough tickets to go around.

I'd be curious to know how much 10C members would be willing to pay per/year to be guaranteed tickets for at least one show (or more) per year. Would that solve the problem for some people?
    Hey good comment but take a closer look at our NE indoor draw comments. Something is very wrong with how they did the draw. These tickets are as difficult as ever to get, yet many won three and four shows. 

Many of PJs policies drive up prices far higher then comparable bands like the foos…selling half the venue at deflated prices, guaranteeing 80% off for senior member prime seats, non transferable seats…all of these policies drive up broker prices and then PJ turns around and drives up their own PJPremium prices.

Its the worst ticketing fiasco in the concert industry.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,476
    BudT said:
    SHZA said:
    BudT said:
    I don't know who that is. If you bought $1,300 tickets, that was a choice you made. No one forced you. Sadly, it is normal for ticket prices to be inflated initially and for ticketmaster to create an artificial sense of scarcity to induce people to overpay. These are standard ticketmaster sales tactics. Prices often (not always) decline after the initial sale.  
  • Options
    efroten2 said:

Hey good comment but take a closer look at our NE indoor draw comments. Something is very wrong with how they did the draw. These tickets are as difficult as ever to get, yet many won three and four shows. 

Many of PJs policies drive up prices far higher then comparable bands like the foos…selling half the venue at deflated prices, guaranteeing 80% off for senior member prime seats, non transferable seats…all of these policies drive up broker prices and then PJ turns around and drives up their own PJPremium prices.

Its the worst ticketing fiasco in the concert industry.
    I agree that something seems off with the seating assignments/draws. I was one of those people who got lucky and went 3/4 for GA tickets which is super weird. I remember seeing the Vegas posts about people getting GA for both nights and I was like WTF?? Then my confirmations starting coming in and I got GA for Missoula and both Wrigley shows, seating for Sacrament.

I've said it before, my biggest issue is that 10C seats are being pushed back further than ever due to TM getting some of the best seats now. I also think the pricing needs to be more staggered based on seating location. They also seem to have gone back to seating more 10C members towards the back of the floor instead of on the sides which are clearly better seats. I remember in 2003 in Chicago/United Center I was in the second to last row of the floor on the outside aisle/stone's side and those were the worst 10C seats I've ever had. The next tour is when they started putting more people on the sides and that was awesome. On the following tours at the United Center I was always in the 200s on Stone's side closer to the stage, those were great. Last year at the United Center I was off the floor but all the way in the back of the 100s which I would take any day over floor seats but still worse than previous years.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,725
    BudT said:
    Tickets that are good and reasonably priced aren't going to start appearing as the show gets closer. If you've gone to any shows the last few tours, in a high demand market you know that. It's not going to happen.
    Really? I got a pair of seats 4 rows behind the pit left center on the aisle for Camden at face value the day of the show. You're absolutely wrong. Patience is key with the current ticketing system.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    BudT said:
    SHZA said:
    BudT said:
    I don't know who that is. If you bought $1,300 tickets, that was a choice you made. No one forced you. Sadly, it is normal for ticket prices to be inflated initially and for ticketmaster to create an artificial sense of scarcity to induce people to overpay. These are standard ticketmaster sales tactics. Prices often (not always) decline after the initial sale.  

Hey I love reading your comments over the years and your optimism helped me put a hold on a Baltimore hotel hopin that a f2f will open up there, or a premium for under $300. But I do not believe this f2f strategy works for NE indoor shows. Yet I still have that hotel hold!!

As I’ve been typing alot the last day, we need to change the narrative, it’s not TM that drives up prices, it’s the specific PJ policies that drive prices higher than any other act that I can find besides Taylor.  Their policies limit supply and expand demand, which  skyrocket broker prices, then they use that data to skyrocket PJPremium prices. 
  • Options
    Lifted said:
    BudT said:
    Really? I got a pair of seats 4 rows behind the pit left center on the aisle for Camden at face value the day of the show. You're absolutely wrong. Patience is key with the current ticketing system.

This is true.  There are always fans that buy tix and cannot go. I had no less than 10 offers for MSG tix the last time around.  You can find tix to almost all shows.  72-24 hrs before a show, they start dropping. You just have to wait until that time.
  • Options
    Lifted said:
    BudT said:

I was lucky at Camden but I still checked TM a million times. Prices were constantly over $700 for six months (they never budged, how is that a fair market if they don’t budge for six months??) and even morning and early PM day of the show. Only a small sliver of fans can wait until late afternoon to buy same day tickets.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,476
    jdopj said:
    SHZA said:
    BudT said:
    Everyone’s argument is F2F is great but you have to sit on there constantly and get a little lucky. Even if you time it with someone 
     that can go wrong. Yes there are some opportunities but not great ones. Plus the tickets on F2F aren’t going to be great this time around. Lots of undesirable tickets are going to get put up.
    F2F is one option. There are also additional standard ticket drops. Unsold premiums will become standards. People on the board may have extras. True, it may take some time and effort. But that doesn't mean that there's no choice but to spend $1,300 for tickets. 

Re F2F, it's not for everyone but there are great opportunities if you work at it. I wound up with GA for all 9 shows last year after getting nothing in the lottery. Sure there will be lots of undesirable tickets but definitely some good ones too. You don't necessarily have to be on it constantly. At first it will be slow but the week of the show you could probably score something good within a few hours. 
  • Options
    KJ228171 said:
    efroten2 said:
    bootleg said:
    My thought is there was likely some negotiation that had to take place to be able to get as many fanclub tickets as possible.  Ticketmaster has been trying to wrestle back fan club allotments for the past 20 years.  Almost all of the venues are in business with Ticketmaster so you can just say give us every seat or we’ll play somewhere else.  It didn’t work out great when they tried that on the No Code tour.  So they have to negotiate.  TM prob says we will give you this many fan club tix but we want 10% to be PJ premium and so they sign off on it.  By all accounts it seems like a ton of the best tix are still going to fan club members.

Now the standard pricing I think could use a little work.  Who knows what goes into determining the price but I think they could alleviate some of the issues by having more pricing tiers.  A GA ticket should cost more than one on the back of the floor or lower bowl.  An upper deck ticket should cost less.  So split that into 4 or more tiers.  Make GA 250 a ticket, Front lowers 200, back lowers 150, upper deck 100 etc… however the math ends up working out.  Let people pick which levels they are comfortable paying up to and whatever level you end up getting in the lotto that’s what you pay.  I think a lot of people didn’t pick P2 as an option in the drawing because either 1 they didn’t want to pay almost the same price for an upper deck ticket as a GA ticket or 2 because they just assumed they would find a better ticket in the regular or fan to fan sale and it could become difficult to offload a P2 ticket if the demand wasn’t high enough because you can’t sell for a loss.  F2F is a nice option to have but should also be able to let people sell for less than what they paid if the demand for their show isn’t as high as others.
    I've often wondered if they have to do some sort of deal with TM in order secure enough fanclub seats per show. Does any other band have a similar fanclub structure to PJ?

And I totally agree they should start staggering the prices based on seat location. It shouldn't be almost $200 for upper desk AND up front.

U2, GnR, and Iron Maiden to name a few. Rage Against the Machine doesn't have a fan club but did everything they could to keep the vast majority of the prices down even if it meant they had to let a small percent go dynamic pricing.
    GNR

https://www.gunsnroses.com/subscribe

U2

https://www.u2.com/subscribe

Iron Maiden

https://merch.ironmaiden.com/products/fan-club

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,645
    BudT said:

It's happened. It happened in 2022, even at MSG day of, and it happened in 2023.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    KJ228171 said:
    efroten2 said:
    bootleg said:
    My thought is there was likely some negotiation that had to take place to be able to get as many fanclub tickets as possible.  Ticketmaster has been trying to wrestle back fan club allotments for the past 20 years.  Almost all of the venues are in business with Ticketmaster so you can just say give us every seat or we’ll play somewhere else.  It didn’t work out great when they tried that on the No Code tour.  So they have to negotiate.  TM prob says we will give you this many fan club tix but we want 10% to be PJ premium and so they sign off on it.  By all accounts it seems like a ton of the best tix are still going to fan club members.

Now the standard pricing I think could use a little work.  Who knows what goes into determining the price but I think they could alleviate some of the issues by having more pricing tiers.  A GA ticket should cost more than one on the back of the floor or lower bowl.  An upper deck ticket should cost less.  So split that into 4 or more tiers.  Make GA 250 a ticket, Front lowers 200, back lowers 150, upper deck 100 etc… however the math ends up working out.  Let people pick which levels they are comfortable paying up to and whatever level you end up getting in the lotto that’s what you pay.  I think a lot of people didn’t pick P2 as an option in the drawing because either 1 they didn’t want to pay almost the same price for an upper deck ticket as a GA ticket or 2 because they just assumed they would find a better ticket in the regular or fan to fan sale and it could become difficult to offload a P2 ticket if the demand wasn’t high enough because you can’t sell for a loss.  F2F is a nice option to have but should also be able to let people sell for less than what they paid if the demand for their show isn’t as high as others.
    I've often wondered if they have to do some sort of deal with TM in order secure enough fanclub seats per show. Does any other band have a similar fanclub structure to PJ?

And I totally agree they should start staggering the prices based on seat location. It shouldn't be almost $200 for upper desk AND up front.

U2, GnR, and Iron Maiden to name a few. Rage Against the Machine doesn't have a fan club but did everything they could to keep the vast majority of the prices down even if it meant they had to let a small percent go dynamic pricing.
    GNR

https://www.gunsnroses.com/subscribe

U2

https://www.u2.com/subscribe

Iron Maiden

https://merch.ironmaiden.com/products/fan-club

Are there any other bands that seat their fanclub members based on seniority?