Potential Ticketmaster Draw Issues

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

It's not just GA. If someone put it for GA/P1 seats to both shows for a US city EXCLUDING NYC (i.e. Vegas, LA, Chicago, Philly and Boston or Seattle) they were ALMOST positively given the same results for each show in the same city. It is city specific. This did not occur for those entering 1 Wrigley show and 1 Philly show, etc... This did not appear to occur in Vancouver, Likely due to TM Canada handling it rather than US TM.

@mookieblalock - the pool already seems to be skewed due to people failing to read the information I was looking for. Or my inability to communicate it thoroughly. I was not iso feedback from those who entered a single show in Vegas and a show in Missoula. Strictly both shows of 1 city. 

So, if selected for GA in LA 1, they also were nearly guaranteed GA night 2
    If given P1 for Wrigley 1, they were also going to recieve P1 for Wrigley 2

Example:
    Person A  put in request for GA/P1 for 6 shows
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

What we are seeing as "random" results:
    LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

^^^^^^ This directly above. I have never seen this many doulbe GA, that are repeated. This seems off. Then, if looking around, you see a lot of people were also shut out of both shows for one city. Also, in very high numbers. It appears to be a new and weird pattern, specific to the recent draw. 

There’s a poll on the front page that doesn’t line up with any of your cherry picked anecdotal evidence. Something like 8% of people got double GA in the same city. 92% didn’t.
    It's 12%, and that percentage is extremely high for double GA
    Thats literally 1/8 people
    Not counting people who chose not to answer the poll so as not to undermine the system that helped them 

What?!?
    The intent of the poll was obviously to see if a disproportionate number of people scored double GAs in the same city. The lucky ones who benefited from the glitch (if one exists) may have been reluctant to answer because a full tally might show that something was clearly off 

You've made a lot of rational and intelligent points in this thread.  But theorizing that the reason the results of the poll don't meet your assumptions is because people are purposely skewing the poll is wandering off into conspiracy theory territory. 
    Well, 4 people did actually vote for the "what is a Pearl Jam" option. Including the most staunch not believer of anything amiss here
     Clearly that skews the pool.

Then there is another person who is really arguing the point that anything was wrong with the drawing. That person didn't vote in the pool. That person got 2 GA for both shows in 2 cities and P1 for both shows in another city. Coincidence, I know.
    The only thing I’m a staunch believer in is data, which you still have none of. You thinking I voted in that poll to skew the numbers somehow is just another tin foil conspiracy. Maybe there was a glitch, but nobody in this thread has presented any actual meaningful data to substantiate this. 

CM189191 said:
    *taps mic*

is this thing on?

10C & Ticketmaster could easily shed some light on this.  A little transparency would go a long way.  

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,534
    nicknyr15 said:
    For me personally, F2F makes not getting tickets in the lottery way more stressful. I don’t have the time or patience to sit in front of a computer and hope to get a F2F ticket. Bring back reselling. I know it’s not a popular opinion but with the secondary market I’m way more confident I can get into shows. I can pick and chose, be patient or just splurge if I have to. My time is more valuable honestly. 
    All the major platforms will have resale available if you decide to go that route. 

Funny, for me the availability of F2F makes the lottery pretty meaningless. I know I'm not getting good lottery seats with a 5xx,xxx number and have never hit GA in lottery but F2F has delivered. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

It's not just GA. If someone put it for GA/P1 seats to both shows for a US city EXCLUDING NYC (i.e. Vegas, LA, Chicago, Philly and Boston or Seattle) they were ALMOST positively given the same results for each show in the same city. It is city specific. This did not occur for those entering 1 Wrigley show and 1 Philly show, etc... This did not appear to occur in Vancouver, Likely due to TM Canada handling it rather than US TM.

@mookieblalock - the pool already seems to be skewed due to people failing to read the information I was looking for. Or my inability to communicate it thoroughly. I was not iso feedback from those who entered a single show in Vegas and a show in Missoula. Strictly both shows of 1 city. 

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

^^^^^^ This directly above. I have never seen this many doulbe GA, that are repeated. This seems off. Then, if looking around, you see a lot of people were also shut out of both shows for one city. Also, in very high numbers. It appears to be a new and weird pattern, specific to the recent draw. 

There’s a poll on the front page that doesn’t line up with any of your cherry picked anecdotal evidence. Something like 8% of people got double GA in the same city. 92% didn’t.
    Speaking of cherry picking, yet another reminder that the root complaint is not strictly regarding GA. It is about the percentage of people receiving the exact same choice for show 2 in city x as they did for show 1. Regardless of what Jimmy got drawn (or denied) for LA, he was (almost) automatically going to get the same selection for night 2 in LA.

This is the one example I saw where someone got a N2 GA after a N1 P1. I'm sure there are others, but there should be a lot more 'splits' than 'sames' especially with GA in cities with 2 shows. Something is funky with the double GA's in 2 show US cities (and maybe doubles in general).

But if there is a glitch like you're describing then this guy should not have pulled these seats. 
    I threw out one theory on why there are so many double GA's, and yes, this goes against that. It doesn't change that there are way too many GA/GA's being reported vs P1/GA (or GA/P1) on 2 show US cities. It shouldn't be anywhere close to 50/50 if it truly was a totally separate draw for each show.

You're drawing conclusions from an incomplete amount of data.  It's all anecdotal.  And you're dismissing the data that doesn't fit your conclusion. 

Me: 1/5
    Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied
    MSG 2 - eligible for draw since I lost n1, won GA

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

the above is not anecdotal. I changed the names, it’s not me for sure, the first one is what we’d expect for such in demand cities, 1 for 4 (msg counts as one), but the one win is a huge one, msg GA. Notoriously difficult.

then the spouse goes four for four in the four toughest draws? which has to be a tiny fraction of one percent (assuming a 10-20% chance to win one NE Show)

then remaining two family members go four for five, which on its own is way under one percent. I left off their friend, who was one for two, not bad.

its very possible we are being toyed with, because to have all these under one percent hits in the same family… time to go to Vegas, baby.

(edit, there were many like this, but this was the big one)

The original post also had someone who was 1-for-2 as you note. I see five people whose success rates were 100, 100, 67, 50 and 20. It's not a perfect distribution, but it's a pretty broad distribution especially for such a small sample size. It's exactly the kind of broad distribution a random draw should generate.
    If all those success rates are for the four shows in the high demand NE region, they are all WAY above statistical expectations, based on prior tours.

I am changing my answer to @on2legs - that example of a family’s success is not anecdotal. It is verifiable, if they chose to share the evidence. I am not saying I want them to do that, just that it is provable . 

There is someone who hit all this on 1 account 
    Portland
    Seattle n1
    Seattle n2
    MSG N2
    Philly 1 GA
    Philly 2 GA
    Boston 1 GA
    Boston 2 GA

I believe their only miss was Baltimore
    This has happened in the prior tour lotteries.  Even with priority people have hit on 10 shows.  Check those threads.  
    Not 10 shows where 7 are high demand. Not GA to 4 high demand shows. 
    Your complaints mirror the complaints from every prior tour.  I get the sting of being shut out.  I've been there on prior tours and Ed solo tours.  And I've never won GA for any show ever. Win some. Lose some. 
    Except they don't, in previous tours if wouldn't have been possible to win GA both nights in Philly on 1 account. It wouldn't have been possible to win MSG+ both Philly nights and both Seattle nights om one account.

If you played your entry correctly you could hit it big, sure; but usually this meant hitting a bunch of less in demand shows. Not 5 shows in the northeast+ 2 in Seattle in one drawing 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,585
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Speaking of cherry picking, yet another reminder that the root complaint is not strictly regarding GA. It is about the percentage of people receiving the exact same choice for show 2 in city x as they did for show 1. Regardless of what Jimmy got drawn (or denied) for LA, he was (almost) automatically going to get the same selection for night 2 in LA.

This is the one example I saw where someone got a N2 GA after a N1 P1. I'm sure there are others, but there should be a lot more 'splits' than 'sames' especially with GA in cities with 2 shows. Something is funky with the double GA's in 2 show US cities (and maybe doubles in general).

But if there is a glitch like you're describing then this guy should not have pulled these seats. 
    I threw out one theory on why there are so many double GA's, and yes, this goes against that. It doesn't change that there are way too many GA/GA's being reported vs P1/GA (or GA/P1) on 2 show US cities. It shouldn't be anywhere close to 50/50 if it truly was a totally separate draw for each show.

You're drawing conclusions from an incomplete amount of data.  It's all anecdotal.  And you're dismissing the data that doesn't fit your conclusion. 

Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

the above is not anecdotal. I changed the names, it’s not me for sure, the first one is what we’d expect for such in demand cities, 1 for 4 (msg counts as one), but the one win is a huge one, msg GA. Notoriously difficult.

then the spouse goes four for four in the four toughest draws? which has to be a tiny fraction of one percent (assuming a 10-20% chance to win one NE Show)

then remaining two family members go four for five, which on its own is way under one percent. I left off their friend, who was one for two, not bad.

its very possible we are being toyed with, because to have all these under one percent hits in the same family… time to go to Vegas, baby.

The original post also had someone who was 1-for-2 as you note. I see five people whose success rates were 100, 100, 67, 50 and 20. It's not a perfect distribution, but it's a pretty broad distribution especially for such a small sample size. It's exactly the kind of broad distribution a random draw should generate.
    If all those success rates are for the four shows in the high demand NE region, they are all WAY above statistical expectations, based on prior tours.

I am changing my answer to @on2legs - that example of a family’s success is not anecdotal. It is verifiable, if they chose to share the evidence. I am not saying I want them to do that, just that it is provable . 

Portland
    Seattle n1
    Seattle n2
    MSG N2
    Philly 1 GA
    Philly 2 GA
    Boston 1 GA
    Boston 2 GA

This has happened in the prior tour lotteries.  Even with priority people have hit on 10 shows.  Check those threads.  
    Not 10 shows where 7 are high demand. Not GA to 4 high demand shows. 
    Your complaints mirror the complaints from every prior tour.  I get the sting of being shut out.  I've been there on prior tours and Ed solo tours.  And I've never won GA for any show ever. Win some. Lose some. 
    Except they don't, in previous tours if wouldn't have been possible to win GA both nights in Philly on 1 account. It wouldn't have been possible to win MSG+ both Philly nights and both Seattle nights om one account.

If you played your entry correctly you could hit it big, sure; but usually this meant hitting a bunch of less in demand shows. Not 5 shows in the northeast+ 2 in Seattle in one drawing 
    The complaints were the same from people who were shut out - namely that the system was broken and needed to be changed.  Win some. Lose some. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    RK50065 said:
    scurtis said:
    I applied for two nights in Vegas. As did my brother in law. We were going to go with the wives. It stung at first that he got both nights and I got nothing. But then it stung even more when I saw people getting like 6,9,10 shows; including both nights to Vegas.

I’m sure I can figure out how to get tickets another way. But 10C isn’t some small, grassroots fan club. It’s a big business that does (I am assuming) 100’s of millions of dollars in revenue every year. I don’t feel these outcomes are acceptable coming from a big business like this. 
    I have a very easy solution for you...lol...
    Post of the thread!  B)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 129
    edited February 21
    PB11041 said:
    Get_Right said:
    If you look hard enough you can find a pattern anywhere. Statistics are malleable. The data set of people posting here and on facebook is not representative of all members. Yes, the system could be improved to prevent some members getting 7 shows while others got shut out. A limit on the number of shows or requests might prevent those unfair results. And I agree that TM has has been less than reliable in the past. 10C ticketing has always had one issue or another, it is what it is. I have always had decent luck by picking what I think are tickets that have a lower demand, like P2 for MSG instead of GA.
    stop making sense, everyone here wants to find a loophole in the space time continuum that will grant them GA to every show they want to go to.
    Ridiculous comment - I recieved Reserved for Portland, Vancouver 1 and Vancouver 2. I've made not one complaint about those results. In fact, I have applauded TM Canada for their actual random drawing. My complaint has never even been about any of the single show cities nor has it been GA exclusive. My concern is the frequency with which someone selected (or shut out) for show 1 of a city (regardless of their seat assignment - GA, P1 or P2) was also guaranteed to recieve the same seat assignment (or also be shut out) of show #2 in the same city. 
    This happened time and again for Seattle, LA, Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston and Philly. 

If you recieved GA for show 1 in any of those cities, you were nearly guaranteed to recieve GA for show 2 of that same city. If you recieved P1 for show 1 of any of those cities, you were nearly a lock to recieve P1 for show 2. In fact, I don't believe there were any reports of a person receiving GA for show 2 of a city after receiving P1 for the 1st show of that same city. 0. Something wasn't random about this drawing. I'm not saying it was on a huge scale like in 2023. I'm not asking for a redraw. I'm not suggesting that I must get, or deserve, GA for any show. But I'm not ignoring that something was clearly amiss with the seat assignments for ticket buyers in both shows of the same cities.
    This appears from the limited results we have to go from to be very accurate.   I find it hard to fathom that there were actually two separate draws for GA for each night of a 2 show city or rather that they were treated independent of one another. 
    Post edited by mookieb14 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Have we still been unable to find someone in the U.S. draw who got GA for night 2 after getting P1 for night 1? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    RK50065 said:
    scurtis said:
    I applied for two nights in Vegas. As did my brother in law. We were going to go with the wives. It stung at first that he got both nights and I got nothing. But then it stung even more when I saw people getting like 6,9,10 shows; including both nights to Vegas.

I’m sure I can figure out how to get tickets another way. But 10C isn’t some small, grassroots fan club. It’s a big business that does (I am assuming) 100’s of millions of dollars in revenue every year. I don’t feel these outcomes are acceptable coming from a big business like this. 
    haha. I regret complaining. There are bigger issues in life, I lost my perspective.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,069
    DM302403 said:
    wiscojam said:
    mpedone said:
    wiscojam said:

There are also an inordinate amount of people who got shut out for both nights in one city. So, if they put in for “GA or Reserved” but didn’t get GA… I don’t think they were added back into the draw for reserved seats for either night. People who selected “Reserved” in addition to “GA and Reserved” (whether P1 or P2) were probably okay. But those who thought they would be okay with just selecting “GA and Reserved” were not included in the general seated draw, therefore not getting either night. 

Thoughts? 

If said person only selected "GA or Reserved", that's on them. It was pretty clear all should be selected for best chance
    It literally says this is the instructions, I pulled it directly: "Select GA Pit / Reserved for your best chance of getting tickets."

That would lead one to believe that if they selected "GA or Reserved" they wouildn't then need to also select just "Reserved."  

It "literally" says Select all options below. For Vegas, there were 3 options to select. not sure about other venues
    Wrigley Field had two options.

GA/Reserved P1
    Reserved P1

I selected both options just because it did say selecting multiple seat locations it would increase your chances of getting tickets.
    I only looked at wrigley and have been so confused about the P1 and P2 thing. So P2 wasn't a thing here? Makes sense why I didn't know what they were talking about. 
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    mace1229 said:
    DM302403 said:
    wiscojam said:
    mpedone said:
    wiscojam said:

There are also an inordinate amount of people who got shut out for both nights in one city. So, if they put in for “GA or Reserved” but didn’t get GA… I don’t think they were added back into the draw for reserved seats for either night. People who selected “Reserved” in addition to “GA and Reserved” (whether P1 or P2) were probably okay. But those who thought they would be okay with just selecting “GA and Reserved” were not included in the general seated draw, therefore not getting either night. 

Thoughts? 

If said person only selected "GA or Reserved", that's on them. It was pretty clear all should be selected for best chance
    It literally says this is the instructions, I pulled it directly: "Select GA Pit / Reserved for your best chance of getting tickets."

That would lead one to believe that if they selected "GA or Reserved" they wouildn't then need to also select just "Reserved."  

It "literally" says Select all options below. For Vegas, there were 3 options to select. not sure about other venues
    Wrigley Field had two options.

GA/Reserved P1
    Reserved P1

I selected both options just because it did say selecting multiple seat locations it would increase your chances of getting tickets.
    I only looked at wrigley and have been so confused about the P1 and P2 thing. So P2 wasn't a thing here? Makes sense why I didn't know what they were talking about. 
    You are correct.  It was GA or P1 and P1 Only.  I selected GA or P1 thinking I did not need to select P1 Only.  Not sure if I made a mistake or not, but I did not get tix or hear i have yet.  If this was my mistake, so be it.  If I was supposed to select both, I guess that is my fault but I thought selecting GA or P1 would enter me in the lottery for any ticket in the house.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 894
    edited February 21
    scurtis said:
    RK50065 said:
    scurtis said:

haha. I regret complaining. There are bigger issues in life, I lost my perspective.

all good. I didn't consider it complaining (or anything more than what everyone else says). also, I wasn't suggesting for you to quit the club...but leave the wives at home and enjoy the shows with your bro-in-law!
  • Options
    10LordsALeaping10LordsALeaping Posts: 171
    edited February 21
    I am 0 for 5.  At most, I would have won 4, since I put in for both Philly, MSG and Baltimore. 
    It is what it is.  It would have been nice to land at least one show, especially my hometown venue. 
  • Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 295
    CM189191 said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Not counting people who chose not to answer the poll so as not to undermine the system that helped them 

What?!?
    The intent of the poll was obviously to see if a disproportionate number of people scored double GAs in the same city. The lucky ones who benefited from the glitch (if one exists) may have been reluctant to answer because a full tally might show that something was clearly off 

You've made a lot of rational and intelligent points in this thread.  But theorizing that the reason the results of the poll don't meet your assumptions is because people are purposely skewing the poll is wandering off into conspiracy theory territory. 
    Well, 4 people did actually vote for the "what is a Pearl Jam" option. Including the most staunch not believer of anything amiss here

Then there is another person who is really arguing the point that anything was wrong with the drawing. That person didn't vote in the pool. That person got 2 GA for both shows in 2 cities and P1 for both shows in another city. Coincidence, I know.
    The only thing I’m a staunch believer in is data, which you still have none of. You thinking I voted in that poll to skew the numbers somehow is just another tin foil conspiracy. Maybe there was a glitch, but nobody in this thread has presented any actual meaningful data to substantiate this. 

CM189191 said:
    *taps mic*

is this thing on?

10C & Ticketmaster could easily shed some light on this.  A little transparency would go a long way.  

What's the incentive for TM and 10C to wade into this debate? It's not like they've had trouble finding people willing to submit entries into any of the lotteries.
    09/04/93 * 07/19/98 * 11/05/00 * 05/30/03 * 09/02/05 * 09/04/05 * 09/05/05 * 09/07/05 * 07/21/06 * 07/22/06 * 04/02/08 (eV) * 04/03/08 (eV) * 09/21/09 * 09/22/09 * 09/25/09 * 07/15/11 (eV) * 09/25/11 * 12/04/13 * 08/10/18 * 05/04/24 * 05/06/24
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,894
    JimmyV said:
    Have we still been unable to find someone in the U.S. draw who got GA for night 2 after getting P1 for night 1? 
    No, we haven't. There are examples of this in the lottery results thread.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    I'm curious if those who got shut out didnt choose JUST the reserved seating option. Originally I chose just the GA or Reserved but then checked both boxes. Buddy of mine who only chose the GA or Reserved option got shut out of both Vegas shows. I got both..
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,222
    JR86440 said:
    I'm curious if those who got shut out didnt choose JUST the reserved seating option. Originally I chose just the GA or Reserved but then checked both boxes. Buddy of mine who only chose the GA or Reserved option got shut out of both Vegas shows. I got both..
    I chose both those options for Seattle and got shut out of both shows.

• Options
    FWIW

Same 10C acct, selected 1 x GA for both Vegas shows. Scored both! (did not select both boxes)
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 631
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

You're giving people way too much credit for being Machiavellian. I didn't answer the poll because multiple answers applied to me and I could only choose one option in the poll.
    Just answer it in the best way you can. You hit GA for 2 nights in 2 different cities, no? Clearly, answer the double GA.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

Portland
    Seattle n1
    Seattle n2
    MSG N2
    Philly 1 GA
    Philly 2 GA
    Boston 1 GA
    Boston 2 GA

No one got 4 GA's through the previous system with priority. Something happened with the double GA's in 2 show cities. You should not see this many double GA's over splits, the sample size is big enough to note this.
  • Options
    edited February 21
    PB11041 said:
    Get_Right said:
    If you look hard enough you can find a pattern anywhere. Statistics are malleable. The data set of people posting here and on facebook is not representative of all members. Yes, the system could be improved to prevent some members getting 7 shows while others got shut out. A limit on the number of shows or requests might prevent those unfair results. And I agree that TM has has been less than reliable in the past. 10C ticketing has always had one issue or another, it is what it is. I have always had decent luck by picking what I think are tickets that have a lower demand, like P2 for MSG instead of GA.
    stop making sense, everyone here wants to find a loophole in the space time continuum that will grant them GA to every show they want to go to.
    Ridiculous comment - I recieved Reserved for Portland, Vancouver 1 and Vancouver 2. I've made not one complaint about those results. In fact, I have applauded TM Canada for their actual random drawing. My complaint has never even been about any of the single show cities nor has it been GA exclusive. My concern is the frequency with which someone selected (or shut out) for show 1 of a city (regardless of their seat assignment - GA, P1 or P2) was also guaranteed to recieve the same seat assignment (or also be shut out) of show #2 in the same city. 
    This happened time and again for Seattle, LA, Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston and Philly. 

If you recieved GA for show 1 in any of those cities, you were nearly guaranteed to recieve GA for show 2 of that same city. If you recieved P1 for show 1 of any of those cities, you were nearly a lock to recieve P1 for show 2. In fact, I don't believe there were any reports of a person receiving GA for show 2 of a city after receiving P1 for the 1st show of that same city. 0. Something wasn't random about this drawing. I'm not saying it was on a huge scale like in 2023. I'm not asking for a redraw. I'm not suggesting that I must get, or deserve, GA for any show. But I'm not ignoring that something was clearly amiss with the seat assignments for ticket buyers in both shows of the same cities.
    Yep, I did see one person report the N2 GA after N1, but only 1 thus far. I don't see how anyone rationally can look at the info we have and say, "Yep, nothing there to see". The amount of double GA's in a single city doesn't make sense. There's nothing to do about it now, and I don't think anyone is advocating for anything to be done about it for this tour. But do we really want this to be the way it is going forward? Not that we have any say in it, but shouldn't we want more GA variety in 2 show stands in the future? I don't even care about GA!! 

edit: I also think it is important to separate the 'getting shut out' vs. 'going 10 for 10' debate. That was bound to happen with the current no priority system and some people opting out of P2 option. The double GA's in a single city is a noticeable oddity that stands out even in the limited data set we have. You shouldn't have more double GA's than not. Maybe more people will vote and that will change. But some people voted for the split and in their response they aren't from the same city shows or same account and others aren't voting who have reported hitting double GA's.
    Post edited by BloodMeridian80 on
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    I made the mistake of registering on Ticketmaster thinking it was the ten club lottery. Am devastated. Anyone else on here make the same mistake? Is there any way ten club could help? 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,526
    I do not think we have seen more double GAs than not.  More people got shut out than people who got double GAs. I just think people need to accept the fact that if you select GA/P1 you might get shut out for northeast shows since those tickets are in the highest demand and are in the most popular markets. They should have applied the MSG rule to any city with two shows, especially in the northeast, and hopefully they will next time around. It is tough for TM and the band to agree to this as it slows down ticket sales.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    RyGuy said:
    CM189191 said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

What?!?

CM189191 said:
    *taps mic*

is this thing on?

What's the incentive for TM and 10C to wade into this debate? It's not like they've had trouble finding people willing to submit entries into any of the lotteries.

26 Stat. 209, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1–7
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    sbifonesbifone Posts: 3
    edited February 21
    Has anyone else had the issue of not hearing Yea or nay for their Tickets?  Something seems out of sorts, I usually hear either way (mostly nay).  But I haven’t received anything after my show selection confirmation email.

Not looking promising for my LA, NY and Boston picks.
    Post edited by sbifone on
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    I do not think we have seen more double GAs than not.  More people got shut out than people who got double GAs. I just think people need to accept the fact that if you select GA/P1 you might get shut out for northeast shows since those tickets are in the highest demand and are in the most popular markets. They should have applied the MSG rule to any city with two shows, especially in the northeast, and hopefully they will next time around. It is tough for TM and the band to agree to this as it slows down ticket sales.
    There has been more 2 GA's over P1/GA splits in the growing poll thread. 2 GA's in a 2 show city should be pretty rare, probably around 1% to 4% if each show was completely random and a single show lottery yields a 10%-20% GA result (that may be a high estimate).
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,069
    RyGuy said:
    CM189191 said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

What?!?

CM189191 said:
    *taps mic*

is this thing on?

No incentive for TM. But I assume 10c likes collecting our dues every year. If tickets become too difficult to get or seats become too crappy, I imagine fewer will renew if thats the case.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 631
    JimmyV said:
    There are examples of it.  I think the more plausible scenario might be that if you got GA for night 1 you may have had increased odds of getting GA for night 2.  I also have a theory on what could cause something like this.  Because they were not allowing you to be eligible for both nights of MSG, they had to put something in place to prevent it.  Sometimes when you change the coding it has unintended consequences.  So while it may prevent 2 nights at MSG what if it somehow added extra eligibility to the N2 of other two city shows?  Kind of like adding an extra ping pong ball in the lottery for everyone who got GA on N1.  Again just a theory.
  • Options
    jbaker67jbaker67 Posts: 352
    edited February 21
    sbifone said:
    Has anyone else had the issue of not hearing Yea or nay for their Tickets?  Something seems out of sorts, I usually hear either way (mostly nay).  But I haven’t received anything after my show selection confirmation email.
    Seeing folks posting in another thread that the confirmation/rejection emails have started to roll out for Vancouver.
    Post edited by jbaker67 on

2000: Camden 9/1 2003: Camden 7/5, Hershey 2004: Reading 2006: Camden 5/28 2008: Camden 6/19, 6/20 2009: Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 2012: Philadelphia 2016: Philadelphia 4/28, New York City 5/2 2018: Seattle 8/8, 8/10 2019: Innings Fest 2021: Sea.Hear.Now, Ohana 2022: Baltimore, Camden, Louisville, St. Louis 2023: Saint Paul 8/31, 9/2

• Options
    DM302403DM302403 Posts: 10
    I made the mistake of registering on Ticketmaster thinking it was the ten club lottery. Am devastated. Anyone else on here make the same mistake? Is there any way ten club could help? 
    I did the same thing thinking it was for the 10C tickets and left it like that. Luckily 10C sent a reminder email the following day about how to register with the club for those tickets and I registered for that as well. Luckily received Reserved P1 for both nights at Wrigley.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    RK50065 said:
    scurtis said:
    RK50065 said:
    scurtis said:

all good. I didn't consider it complaining (or anything more than what everyone else says). also, I wasn't suggesting for you to quit the club...but leave the wives at home and enjoy the shows with your bro-in-law!
    Haha that would be funny. “Sorry hon, SC didn’t get tickets so him and I are going”.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."