Options

Potential Ticketmaster Draw Issues

LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
edited February 20 in The Porch
I know there’s been discussion in a lot of the ticket threads about this, so I thought I would just start a thread. (Sorry if one already exists!) I think Ticketmaster may have messed up the draw again. If someone put in for GA in a city with two shows, it seems like they automatically got GA for both nights. I cannot find one single person who put in for “GA or Reserved” for both nights, but only got GA for one night. I also think when some people were selected for GA it was potentially applied to multiple cities. Having such a high number of people getting GA for 6, 7 8… and even 9 shows is unheard of.

There are also an inordinate amount of people who got shut out for both nights in one city. So, if they put in for “GA or Reserved” but didn’t get GA… I don’t think they were added back into the draw for reserved seats for either night. People who selected “Reserved” in addition to “GA and Reserved” (whether P1 or P2) were probably okay. But those who thought they would be okay with just selecting “GA and Reserved” were not included in the general seated draw, therefore not getting either night. 

I don’t think this applies to MSG, as you couldn’t win both nights. I also don’t think it applies to Vancouver BC, which I think was done by Ticketmaster Canada (who may have done the draw correctly).

Thoughts? 

EDITED to ADD: Just an FYI, my ticketbuddy and I did just fine in the draw, at least one of us got most of the shows we put in for. So, we're okay. I started this post simply because of the observation of how many people got won double GA's for one city. And then how many people won double GA's for one city, multiple times. (And due to the number of people who were shut out for both nights in one city.) This wasn't intended as a "bitch and moan" or "10c can't get anything right" thread. In fact, IMO 10c handled the draw way better than TM has since TM has taken it over. This was just to talk about something a lot of people had noticed. 
"Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
Post edited by LukinTimer on

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure anything particular was messed up. I did see some posts where people hit GA one night of 2. 

But for someone to be able to be shutout of 4 or 5 choices while someone else got tickets for all of those same shows, makes this a bad system. 
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,181
    edited February 20
    86% of multi show ticket applicants for the same city from this board did not receive GA x 2 (poll can be found on this page). 

I swear most on this board have never taken an introduction to statistics course.
    Post edited by mookieblalock on
  • Options
    86% of multi show ticket applicants for the same city from this board did not receive GA x 2 (poll can be found on this page). 

I swear most on this board have never taken an introduction to statistics course.
    I did and understand how probabilities and distribution work. But that doesn't change the fact that this new system sucks
  • Options
    edited February 20

I did and understand how probabilities and distribution work. But that doesn't change the fact that this new system sucks
    You made a dedicated post asserting that 100% of dual show applicants for a single city got GA x 2, and when I point you to a poll that suggests that number is in fact only 14%, your response is that doesn’t change anything? Did I get that right?
  • Options

You made a dedicated post asserting that 100% of dual show applicants for a single city got GA x 2, and when I point you to a poll that suggests that number is in fact only 14%, your response is that doesn’t change anything? Did I get that right?
    Please learn how to read and get back to me. Who is the author of this thread?
  • Options

My mistake, but you did respond to my initial question that was directed to the thread starter. The lack of mobile access right now, makes it difficult to navigate this site on a phone.
  • Options

My mistake, but you did respond to my initial question that was directed to the thread starter. The lack of mobile access right now, makes it difficult to navigate this site on a phone.
    That we can agree on, they need to fix mobile viewing!
  • Options

Okay, but how many people have responded to the poll? And do we know that the people who got GA for one night, put in for both nights? I am not sure about how the poll was worded etc. 

So, you don’t think there is an inordinately high amount of people who were selected for GA for both nights in cities with two shows? I mean, if not… okay. I just have never seen GA allotments like this before. I read a thread on Facebook were every single person who who got GA for Fenway said they got Fenway GA for both nights. Not one person responded saying they only got it for one night (having requested for both nights that is). 
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options

I am the author of this thread. Feel free to take your shots at me. 
  • Options

Okay, but how many people have responded to the poll? And do we know that the people who got GA for one night, put in for both nights? I am not sure about how the poll was worded etc. 

So, you don’t think there is an inordinately high amount of people who were selected for GA for both nights in cities with two shows? I mean, if not… okay. I just have never seen GA allotments like this before. I read a thread on Facebook were every single person who who got GA for Fenway said they got Fenway GA for both nights. Not one person responded saying they only got it for one night (having requested for both nights that is). 
    Someone got GA to 9 shows yesterday.

I also saw someone who got GAx2 to Philly amd Boston. Those are long odds
  • Options
    Yeah, that is what I mean. I know people who got GA for 6-8 shows. GA’s for both nights in one city, multiple times.  

It’s highly irregular. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662
    edited February 20
    This is complete sour grapes having been shut out of both Fenway GAs, but if they can limit one MSG show per person, I can’t help but think they could limit 1 GA draw per person, at least per city. 
    Like I said though… it’s sour grapes… In the end I’m happy with what I got… who knows how many years this band has left in them? I’m also happy for good people I know who got multiple GAs. 
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    I'm not going to lie. After seeing all the double GA's in Vegas....when I got GA for Wrigley 1, my thought was, ok if my cc dings again, it will be GA again. And it did and it was. I saw the patterns developing based on posts people were making.

My luck didn't spread to the other 3 shows I put in for. Like most, I was shut out of both MSG's. And for Vegas 2, I got the lowest option of P2 seating. So if I hadn't selected P2, as it seems most didn't based on hardly anyone posting that they got P2, I believe I would have been shut out of Vegas as well.
  • Options
    edited February 20
    Yeah, I just think something may be off. There is an incredibly high amount of double GA’s for one city, and double shut outs for one city. It’s easier to see with the GA’s because they’re so hard to get. Getting shut out? Unfortunately, not that hard. 😉 
    Post edited by LukinTimer on
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,952
    Seems like their algorithm sucks. TM and sucking- try to name a more iconic duo! 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    I don't know if there was an issue yesterday or not, but I think everyone is right to ask questions given what happened last year. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,515
    Just stop.....
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,952
    Just stop.....
    So how many GA did you get? Lol
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    How many other times does TM run this lottery?  PJ only?

Would explain a few things if so: cost increase to offset this algorithm. We know TM won’t do it for free. Errors/patterns/issues. It’s being used as a 1-off so why make it perfect?
  • Options
    I know there’s been discussion in a lot of the ticket threads about this, so I thought I would just start a thread. (Sorry if one already exists!) I think Ticketmaster may have messed up the draw again. If someone put in for GA in a city with two shows, it seems like they automatically got GA for both nights. I cannot find one single person who put in for “GA or Reserved” for both nights, but only got GA for one night. I also think when some people were selected for GA it was potentially applied to multiple cities. Having such a high number of people getting GA for 6, 7 8… and even 9 shows is unheard of.

There are also an inordinate amount of people who got shut out for both nights in one city. So, if they put in for “GA or Reserved” but didn’t get GA… I don’t think they were added back into the draw for reserved seats for either night. People who selected “Reserved” in addition to “GA and Reserved” (whether P1 or P2) were probably okay. But those who thought they would be okay with just selecting “GA and Reserved” were not included in the general seated draw, therefore not getting either night. 

I don’t think this applies to MSG, as you couldn’t win both nights. I also don’t think it applies to Vancouver BC, which I think was done by Ticketmaster Canada (who may have done the draw correctly).

Thoughts? 

My daughter won GA for Vancouver 1, and P1 for Vancouver 2
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 829
    edited February 20
    Removal of GA-only option and then priority (because it was too confusing for TM and 10C) was supposed to eliminate these conspiracy theories.  
    Post edited by AmishGuy91 on
  • Options
    You people are all cherry picking. You choose to only pay attention to the people who got GA to multiple shows rather than all of the people who did not. 

End of story. 
  • Options
    You people are all cherry picking. You choose to only pay attention to the people who got GA to multiple shows rather than all of the people who did not. 

End of story. 
    I'm not cherry picking, I'm pointing out how this new system is unfair
  • Options
    One thing to keep in mind. Both here and on Facebook, there are people complaining this morning who never actually entered the lottery. They registered for Verified Fan and thought that was the lottery, or they went to add a show on the last day and cancelled out all their previous picks. Not saying that describes any of you, but it does happen each year. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    One thing to keep in mind. Both here and on Facebook, there are people complaining this morning who never actually entered the lottery. They registered for Verified Fan and thought that was the lottery, or they went to add a show on the last day and cancelled out all their previous picks. Not saying that describes any of you, but it does happen each year. 
    I entered the lottery, trust me, have my confirmation 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    I believe you. I think most people who spend time here probably did. Facebook is another story. 

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802

End of story. 
    10C & Ticketmaster could easily shed some light on this.  A little transparency would go a long way.  

Right now, they're encouraging people to register for as many shows as possible and sort it all out later. 

I don't want to be a Pearl Jam ticket broker.  I just want 10C tix for the shows I plan to attend.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    I believe you. I think most people who spend time here probably did. Facebook is another story. 
    True that
  • Options

End of story. 
    Ever since the 10c did away with the postcard system, every method they have utilized to sell tickets has been deemed “unfair” by people on the boards. And it will never change. Ever.
  • Options

End of story. 
    Ever since the 10c did away with the postcard system, every method they have utilized to sell tickets has been deemed “unfair” by people on the boards. And it will never change. Ever.
    Listen I understood the priority system and how to use it. If I selected a high demand show as my top priority and didnt win, that was on me. I could almost guarantee a win or 2 if I set my priorities right. This complete randomness is asinine.