Options

Potential Ticketmaster Draw Issues

Comments

• Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 829
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

It's not just GA. If someone put it for GA/P1 seats to both shows for a US city EXCLUDING NYC (i.e. Vegas, LA, Chicago, Philly and Boston or Seattle) they were ALMOST positively given the same results for each show in the same city. It is city specific. This did not occur for those entering 1 Wrigley show and 1 Philly show, etc... This did not appear to occur in Vancouver, Likely due to TM Canada handling it rather than US TM.

@mookieblalock - the pool already seems to be skewed due to people failing to read the information I was looking for. Or my inability to communicate it thoroughly. I was not iso feedback from those who entered a single show in Vegas and a show in Missoula. Strictly both shows of 1 city. 

So, if selected for GA in LA 1, they also were nearly guaranteed GA night 2
    If given P1 for Wrigley 1, they were also going to recieve P1 for Wrigley 2

Example:
    Person A  put in request for GA/P1 for 6 shows
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

What we are seeing as "random" results:
    LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

^^^^^^ This directly above. I have never seen this many doulbe GA, that are repeated. This seems off. Then, if looking around, you see a lot of people were also shut out of both shows for one city. Also, in very high numbers. It appears to be a new and weird pattern, specific to the recent draw. 

There’s a poll on the front page that doesn’t line up with any of your cherry picked anecdotal evidence. Something like 8% of people got double GA in the same city. 92% didn’t.
    Speaking of cherry picking, yet another reminder that the root complaint is not strictly regarding GA. It is about the percentage of people receiving the exact same choice for show 2 in city x as they did for show 1. Regardless of what Jimmy got drawn (or denied) for LA, he was (almost) automatically going to get the same selection for night 2 in LA.

This is the one example I saw where someone got a N2 GA after a N1 P1. I'm sure there are others, but there should be a lot more 'splits' than 'sames' especially with GA in cities with 2 shows. Something is funky with the double GA's in 2 show US cities (and maybe doubles in general).

But if there is a glitch like you're describing then this guy should not have pulled these seats. 
    Agreed, but this is one example (with no proof) whereas plenty of evidence to suggest the draw did not go as planned.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,529
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

It's not just GA. If someone put it for GA/P1 seats to both shows for a US city EXCLUDING NYC (i.e. Vegas, LA, Chicago, Philly and Boston or Seattle) they were ALMOST positively given the same results for each show in the same city. It is city specific. This did not occur for those entering 1 Wrigley show and 1 Philly show, etc... This did not appear to occur in Vancouver, Likely due to TM Canada handling it rather than US TM.

@mookieblalock - the pool already seems to be skewed due to people failing to read the information I was looking for. Or my inability to communicate it thoroughly. I was not iso feedback from those who entered a single show in Vegas and a show in Missoula. Strictly both shows of 1 city. 

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

^^^^^^ This directly above. I have never seen this many doulbe GA, that are repeated. This seems off. Then, if looking around, you see a lot of people were also shut out of both shows for one city. Also, in very high numbers. It appears to be a new and weird pattern, specific to the recent draw. 

There’s a poll on the front page that doesn’t line up with any of your cherry picked anecdotal evidence. Something like 8% of people got double GA in the same city. 92% didn’t.
    It's 12%, and that percentage is extremely high for double GA
    Thats literally 1/8 people
    Not counting people who chose not to answer the poll so as not to undermine the system that helped them 

What?!?
    The intent of the poll was obviously to see if a disproportionate number of people scored double GAs in the same city. The lucky ones who benefited from the glitch (if one exists) may have been reluctant to answer because a full tally might show that something was clearly off 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,580
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Speaking of cherry picking, yet another reminder that the root complaint is not strictly regarding GA. It is about the percentage of people receiving the exact same choice for show 2 in city x as they did for show 1. Regardless of what Jimmy got drawn (or denied) for LA, he was (almost) automatically going to get the same selection for night 2 in LA.

This is the one example I saw where someone got a N2 GA after a N1 P1. I'm sure there are others, but there should be a lot more 'splits' than 'sames' especially with GA in cities with 2 shows. Something is funky with the double GA's in 2 show US cities (and maybe doubles in general).

But if there is a glitch like you're describing then this guy should not have pulled these seats. 
    Agreed, but this is one example (with no proof) whereas plenty of evidence to suggest the draw did not go as planned.

With no proof?  Where's the proof for any of this?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

I threw out one theory on why there are so many double GA's, and yes, this goes against that. It doesn't change that there are way too many GA/GA's being reported vs P1/GA (or GA/P1) on 2 show US cities. It shouldn't be anywhere close to 50/50 if it truly was a totally separate draw for each show.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Not counting people who chose not to answer the poll so as not to undermine the system that helped them 

What?!?
    The intent of the poll was obviously to see if a disproportionate number of people scored double GAs in the same city. The lucky ones who benefited from the glitch (if one exists) may have been reluctant to answer because a full tally might show that something was clearly off 

You've made a lot of rational and intelligent points in this thread.  But theorizing that the reason the results of the poll don't meet your assumptions is because people are purposely skewing the poll is wandering off into conspiracy theory territory. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

We're this persons tickets drawn today after the issue became known and possibly corrected?  I did see this post a short bit ago. It is literally the only example of such an occurrence. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

There’s no evidence of this.
    Lol....okay.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    edited February 20
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

What?!?

You've made a lot of rational and intelligent points in this thread.  But theorizing that the reason the results of the poll don't meet your assumptions is because people are purposely skewing the poll is wandering off into conspiracy theory territory. 
    I'm not saying the results don't meet my assumptions. 1 in 8 (12%) seems high even if there's no skewing whatsoever. I'm just pointing out that there's also a rational reason that number might be low. Not unlike how people feel motivated to call customer service after a negative experience. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

shockingly low. After reading this thread, I was convinced it was 7/8 people pulled double GA, the remainder who didn’t are in this thread.

A lot of the discussion in the lottery results thread was based on fans winning four shows in the most difficult cities, NY PHIL(2) and Baltimore, either GA or P1. The chances of that, assuming odds of winning one of these shows is around ten to twenty percent, are well below one percent for four shows. I’ll agree P2 the odds are probably much better,but that’s not what the discussions were responding to. Doing that anywhere else, no big deal, doing that in the NE, is stunning.

What is unfair is the band should drop our priority after we win our first show, giving all more fans a chance to win at least one show, instead of many shut out and some winning a big handful. It’d be so simple to do, yet they can’t be bothered.

I only put in for MSG because I’m not sure which city I want to travel to, and I am prepared to pay at least triple face for msg if I am shut out of the TM presale, so no sour grapes here (same cost as traveling out of town) , just noting that seeing many fans hit the equivalent of a straight flush is stunning.
  • Options
    edited February 20
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

I threw out one theory on why there are so many double GA's, and yes, this goes against that. It doesn't change that there are way too many GA/GA's being reported vs P1/GA (or GA/P1) on 2 show US cities. It shouldn't be anywhere close to 50/50 if it truly was a totally separate draw for each show.

You're drawing conclusions from an incomplete amount of data.  It's all anecdotal.  And you're dismissing the data that doesn't fit your conclusion. 
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Options
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

What?!?

Well, 4 people did actually vote for the "what is a Pearl Jam" option. Including the most staunch not believer of anything amiss here
     Clearly that skews the pool.

Then there is another person who is really arguing the point that anything was wrong with the drawing. That person didn't vote in the pool. That person got 2 GA for both shows in 2 cities and P1 for both shows in another city. Coincidence, I know.
  • Options
    We all could have won GA if Mike Pence would just do the right thing.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    *taps mic*

is this thing on?

10C & Ticketmaster could easily shed some light on this.  A little transparency would go a long way.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

You're drawing conclusions from an incomplete amount of data.  It's all anecdotal. 
    I'm making observations, and threw out a possible theory, on the only data available. If you don't think the number of double GA's is odd, fair enough. Maybe all the 'split-tickets' aren't reporting that here. There is plenty of time between now and the shows, and I hope more people read (carefully) and respond to that poll. I find it interesting more than anything. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    Keep in mind that only a small percentage of members actually post here or on facebook. We are not seeing anything close to the whole picture. Yes, the process could be improved, and yes TM has made major mistakes in the past. It is is an imperfect system, and truthfully, it always has been.
    Agreed, but it should be a representative sample 

Not really.  Negative experiences are much more likely to be reported than positive ones.  How many times do you call customer service just to say everything was great?
    Seems that people who hit the jackpot want to crow about that as much as the losers want to complain. Maybe the middle of the road results are underreported 
    This. I'm one who never mentioned what I got. It's about what I expected, but not quite what I'd hoped and better than I feared. No point in me really talking about it. 
    Me too. Wasn’t sure going 1/3 in the NE warranted discussion.
  • Options
    edited February 20
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

You're drawing conclusions from an incomplete amount of data.  It's all anecdotal.  And you're dismissing the data that doesn't fit your conclusion. 

Me: 1/5
    Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied
    MSG 2 - eligible for draw since I lost n1, won GA

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

the above is not anecdotal. I changed the names, it’s not me for sure, the first one is what we’d expect for such in demand cities, 1 for 4 (msg counts as one), but the one win is a huge one, msg GA. Notoriously difficult.

then the spouse goes four for four in the four toughest draws? which has to be a tiny fraction of one percent (assuming a 10-20% chance to win one NE Show)

then remaining two family members go four for five, which on its own is way under one percent. I left off their friend, who was one for two, not bad.

its very possible we are being toyed with, because to have all these under one percent hits in the same family… time to go to Vegas, baby.

(edit, there were many like this, but this was the big one)

• Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    0/2 nights in Chicago here .. What can you do.. TM and then F2F i guess ...
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

the above is not anecdotal. I changed the names, it’s not me for sure, the first one is what we’d expect for such in demand cities, 1 for 4 (msg counts as one), but the one win is a huge one, msg GA. Notoriously difficult.

then the spouse goes four for four in the four toughest draws? which has to be a tiny fraction of one percent (assuming a 10-20% chance to win one NE Show)

then remaining two family members go four for five, which on its own is way under one percent. I left off their friend, who was one for two, not bad.

its very possible we are being toyed with, because to have all these under one percent hits in the same family… time to go to Vegas, baby.

What you wrote is exactly the definition of anecdotal.  Literally.

• Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    mpedone said:
    wiscojam said:

There are also an inordinate amount of people who got shut out for both nights in one city. So, if they put in for “GA or Reserved” but didn’t get GA… I don’t think they were added back into the draw for reserved seats for either night. People who selected “Reserved” in addition to “GA and Reserved” (whether P1 or P2) were probably okay. But those who thought they would be okay with just selecting “GA and Reserved” were not included in the general seated draw, therefore not getting either night. 

Thoughts? 

If said person only selected "GA or Reserved", that's on them. It was pretty clear all should be selected for best chance
    It literally says this is the instructions, I pulled it directly: "Select GA Pit / Reserved for your best chance of getting tickets."

That would lead one to believe that if they selected "GA or Reserved" they wouildn't then need to also select just "Reserved."  

It "literally" says Select all options below. For Vegas, there were 3 options to select. not sure about other venues
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 760
    wiscojam said:
    mpedone said:
    wiscojam said:

There are also an inordinate amount of people who got shut out for both nights in one city. So, if they put in for “GA or Reserved” but didn’t get GA… I don’t think they were added back into the draw for reserved seats for either night. People who selected “Reserved” in addition to “GA and Reserved” (whether P1 or P2) were probably okay. But those who thought they would be okay with just selecting “GA and Reserved” were not included in the general seated draw, therefore not getting either night. 

Thoughts? 

If said person only selected "GA or Reserved", that's on them. It was pretty clear all should be selected for best chance
    It literally says this is the instructions, I pulled it directly: "Select GA Pit / Reserved for your best chance of getting tickets."

That would lead one to believe that if they selected "GA or Reserved" they wouildn't then need to also select just "Reserved."  

It "literally" says Select all options below. For Vegas, there were 3 options to select. not sure about other venues
    I totally missed that.  Bummer 
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    DM302403DM302403 Posts: 10
    wiscojam said:
    mpedone said:
    wiscojam said:

Thoughts? 

Wrigley Field had two options.

GA/Reserved P1
    Reserved P1

I selected both options just because it did say selecting multiple seat locations it would increase your chances of getting tickets.
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    DM302403 said:
    wiscojam said:
    mpedone said:
    wiscojam said:

Thoughts? 

GA/Reserved P1
    Reserved P1

I selected both options just because it did say selecting multiple seat locations it would increase your chances of getting tickets.

i selected both options as well
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,893
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

You're giving people way too much credit for being Machiavellian. I didn't answer the poll because multiple answers applied to me and I could only choose one option in the poll.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

What you wrote is exactly the definition of anecdotal.  Literally.

I said we could be toyed with. I’d hope fans aren’t fibbing on a forum to upset others. Unless they release odds or present some transparency we’ll never know.

I can’t recall a previous tour where a bunch of fans  decided to significantly misrepresent their lottery results. Maybe there was and I missed it.
  • Options
    DM302403 said:
    wiscojam said:
    mpedone said:
    wiscojam said:

Thoughts? 

GA/Reserved P1
    Reserved P1

It says “multiple seat preferences.” Selecting p1 after selecting GA/p1 is selecting the same exact seat preference. Had you picked p2 you’d have selected multiple seat preferences.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

What?!?

Well, 4 people did actually vote for the "what is a Pearl Jam" option. Including the most staunch not believer of anything amiss here
     Clearly that skews the pool.

Then there is another person who is really arguing the point that anything was wrong with the drawing. That person didn't vote in the pool. That person got 2 GA for both shows in 2 cities and P1 for both shows in another city. Coincidence, I know.
    I'm glad that you recognize the coincidence because I've been on this board for as long as it has existed and I've never complained about prior lotteries where I was not as lucky as I was this time. But some luck is also the residue of design. I selected all available options to maximize my chances, per the instructions. And I forewent trying to get tickets to the shows that have the highest demand.
  • Options
    edited February 20
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

The original post also had someone who was 1-for-2 as you note. I see five people whose success rates were 100, 100, 67, 50 and 20. It's not a perfect distribution, but it's a pretty broad distribution especially for such a small sample size. It's exactly the kind of broad distribution a random draw should generate.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

You're giving people way too much credit for being Machiavellian. I didn't answer the poll because multiple answers applied to me and I could only choose one option in the poll.
    That's a bit dramatic. I don't think it's outlandish that winners saw the post and decided not to dignify a "sour-grapes" poll with a response. Regardless, you validated my point that the figure may be understated, if not the reason 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

That's a bit dramatic. I don't think it's outlandish that winners saw the post and decided not to dignify a "sour-grapes" poll with a response. Regardless, you validated my point that the figure may be understated, if not the reason 
    You literally suggested that they would not take the poll so as not to "undermine the system that helped them," and then when I say that people are not that Machiavellian, you say they did not take the poll because it is sour grapes. I give up.
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538

It says “multiple seat preferences.” Selecting p1 after selecting GA/p1 is selecting the same exact seat preference. Had you picked p2 you’d have selected multiple seat preferences.
    Yeah, that is how I read it as well. And were there was a "GA or Reserved P1" and "Reserved P2" option, we put in for both of those options. 

But, that doesn't mean that didn't potentially mess htings up. It just depends on how they did the draw. 
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ