Comments

• Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,357
    scurtis said:
    RK50065 said:
    scurtis said:
    RK50065 said:
    scurtis said:
    I applied for two nights in Vegas. As did my brother in law. We were going to go with the wives. It stung at first that he got both nights and I got nothing. But then it stung even more when I saw people getting like 6,9,10 shows; including both nights to Vegas.

I’m sure I can figure out how to get tickets another way. But 10C isn’t some small, grassroots fan club. It’s a big business that does (I am assuming) 100’s of millions of dollars in revenue every year. I don’t feel these outcomes are acceptable coming from a big business like this. 
    I have a very easy solution for you...lol...
    haha. I regret complaining. There are bigger issues in life, I lost my perspective.

all good. I didn't consider it complaining (or anything more than what everyone else says). also, I wasn't suggesting for you to quit the club...but leave the wives at home and enjoy the shows with your bro-in-law!
    Haha that would be funny. “Sorry hon, SC didn’t get tickets so him and I are going”.
    It's the obvious solution LOL
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

It's not just GA. If someone put it for GA/P1 seats to both shows for a US city EXCLUDING NYC (i.e. Vegas, LA, Chicago, Philly and Boston or Seattle) they were ALMOST positively given the same results for each show in the same city. It is city specific. This did not occur for those entering 1 Wrigley show and 1 Philly show, etc... This did not appear to occur in Vancouver, Likely due to TM Canada handling it rather than US TM.

@mookieblalock - the pool already seems to be skewed due to people failing to read the information I was looking for. Or my inability to communicate it thoroughly. I was not iso feedback from those who entered a single show in Vegas and a show in Missoula. Strictly both shows of 1 city. 

So, if selected for GA in LA 1, they also were nearly guaranteed GA night 2
    If given P1 for Wrigley 1, they were also going to recieve P1 for Wrigley 2

Example:
    Person A  put in request for GA/P1 for 6 shows
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

What we are seeing as "random" results:
    LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

^^^^^^ This directly above. I have never seen this many doulbe GA, that are repeated. This seems off. Then, if looking around, you see a lot of people were also shut out of both shows for one city. Also, in very high numbers. It appears to be a new and weird pattern, specific to the recent draw. 

There’s a poll on the front page that doesn’t line up with any of your cherry picked anecdotal evidence. Something like 8% of people got double GA in the same city. 92% didn’t.
    Speaking of cherry picking, yet another reminder that the root complaint is not strictly regarding GA. It is about the percentage of people receiving the exact same choice for show 2 in city x as they did for show 1. Regardless of what Jimmy got drawn (or denied) for LA, he was (almost) automatically going to get the same selection for night 2 in LA.

This is the one example I saw where someone got a N2 GA after a N1 P1. I'm sure there are others, but there should be a lot more 'splits' than 'sames' especially with GA in cities with 2 shows. Something is funky with the double GA's in 2 show US cities (and maybe doubles in general).

But if there is a glitch like you're describing then this guy should not have pulled these seats. 
    I threw out one theory on why there are so many double GA's, and yes, this goes against that. It doesn't change that there are way too many GA/GA's being reported vs P1/GA (or GA/P1) on 2 show US cities. It shouldn't be anywhere close to 50/50 if it truly was a totally separate draw for each show.

You're drawing conclusions from an incomplete amount of data.  It's all anecdotal.  And you're dismissing the data that doesn't fit your conclusion. 

Me: 1/5
    Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied
    MSG 2 - eligible for draw since I lost n1, won GA

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

the above is not anecdotal. I changed the names, it’s not me for sure, the first one is what we’d expect for such in demand cities, 1 for 4 (msg counts as one), but the one win is a huge one, msg GA. Notoriously difficult.

then the spouse goes four for four in the four toughest draws? which has to be a tiny fraction of one percent (assuming a 10-20% chance to win one NE Show)

then remaining two family members go four for five, which on its own is way under one percent. I left off their friend, who was one for two, not bad.

its very possible we are being toyed with, because to have all these under one percent hits in the same family… time to go to Vegas, baby.

(edit, there were many like this, but this was the big one)

The original post also had someone who was 1-for-2 as you note. I see five people whose success rates were 100, 100, 67, 50 and 20. It's not a perfect distribution, but it's a pretty broad distribution especially for such a small sample size. It's exactly the kind of broad distribution a random draw should generate.
    If all those success rates are for the four shows in the high demand NE region, they are all WAY above statistical expectations, based on prior tours.

I am changing my answer to @on2legs - that example of a family’s success is not anecdotal. It is verifiable, if they chose to share the evidence. I am not saying I want them to do that, just that it is provable . 

In statistics, you need at least a sample size of 30 to have any validity, so 4 doesn’t cut it…but I’m sure you already knew that.

You don’t believe in the state lottery?

If the lotto were this easy we’d all be millionaires.

lets assume historical show odds apply here for the NE (8 to 30%) and fans are being honest about their results.

go ahead and calculate the likelihood of hitting these four shows with these estimated odds, which are based on when they used to release:

NY 8%

Ph 20%

Ph 20%

Balt 30%

it’s not a sample size, its a probability calculation, based on specific mathematics. And not only have there been many instances of fans hitting this trifecta,  one family had it done twice. They should play the lotto.

I have no problem paying quadruple face for msg (as that’s the cost of traveling out of town to catch a show), this is how they decided to allocate shows and drive demand, the NE never gets enough, even when we get seven shows. But when a band takes over ticketing it’d be nice to have some visibility in the process.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,894
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

It's not just GA. If someone put it for GA/P1 seats to both shows for a US city EXCLUDING NYC (i.e. Vegas, LA, Chicago, Philly and Boston or Seattle) they were ALMOST positively given the same results for each show in the same city. It is city specific. This did not occur for those entering 1 Wrigley show and 1 Philly show, etc... This did not appear to occur in Vancouver, Likely due to TM Canada handling it rather than US TM.

@mookieblalock - the pool already seems to be skewed due to people failing to read the information I was looking for. Or my inability to communicate it thoroughly. I was not iso feedback from those who entered a single show in Vegas and a show in Missoula. Strictly both shows of 1 city. 

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

^^^^^^ This directly above. I have never seen this many doulbe GA, that are repeated. This seems off. Then, if looking around, you see a lot of people were also shut out of both shows for one city. Also, in very high numbers. It appears to be a new and weird pattern, specific to the recent draw. 

There’s a poll on the front page that doesn’t line up with any of your cherry picked anecdotal evidence. Something like 8% of people got double GA in the same city. 92% didn’t.
    It's 12%, and that percentage is extremely high for double GA
    Thats literally 1/8 people
    Not counting people who chose not to answer the poll so as not to undermine the system that helped them 
    You're giving people way too much credit for being Machiavellian. I didn't answer the poll because multiple answers applied to me and I could only choose one option in the poll.
    Just answer it in the best way you can. You hit GA for 2 nights in 2 different cities, no? Clearly, answer the double GA.
    No, I hit GA for two nights in two cities and P1 for two nights in two other cities.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Speaking of cherry picking, yet another reminder that the root complaint is not strictly regarding GA. It is about the percentage of people receiving the exact same choice for show 2 in city x as they did for show 1. Regardless of what Jimmy got drawn (or denied) for LA, he was (almost) automatically going to get the same selection for night 2 in LA.

This is the one example I saw where someone got a N2 GA after a N1 P1. I'm sure there are others, but there should be a lot more 'splits' than 'sames' especially with GA in cities with 2 shows. Something is funky with the double GA's in 2 show US cities (and maybe doubles in general).

But if there is a glitch like you're describing then this guy should not have pulled these seats. 
    I threw out one theory on why there are so many double GA's, and yes, this goes against that. It doesn't change that there are way too many GA/GA's being reported vs P1/GA (or GA/P1) on 2 show US cities. It shouldn't be anywhere close to 50/50 if it truly was a totally separate draw for each show.

You're drawing conclusions from an incomplete amount of data.  It's all anecdotal.  And you're dismissing the data that doesn't fit your conclusion. 

Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

the above is not anecdotal. I changed the names, it’s not me for sure, the first one is what we’d expect for such in demand cities, 1 for 4 (msg counts as one), but the one win is a huge one, msg GA. Notoriously difficult.

then the spouse goes four for four in the four toughest draws? which has to be a tiny fraction of one percent (assuming a 10-20% chance to win one NE Show)

then remaining two family members go four for five, which on its own is way under one percent. I left off their friend, who was one for two, not bad.

its very possible we are being toyed with, because to have all these under one percent hits in the same family… time to go to Vegas, baby.

The original post also had someone who was 1-for-2 as you note. I see five people whose success rates were 100, 100, 67, 50 and 20. It's not a perfect distribution, but it's a pretty broad distribution especially for such a small sample size. It's exactly the kind of broad distribution a random draw should generate.
    If all those success rates are for the four shows in the high demand NE region, they are all WAY above statistical expectations, based on prior tours.

I am changing my answer to @on2legs - that example of a family’s success is not anecdotal. It is verifiable, if they chose to share the evidence. I am not saying I want them to do that, just that it is provable . 

There is someone who hit all this on 1 account 
    Portland
    Seattle n1
    Seattle n2
    MSG N2
    Philly 1 GA
    Philly 2 GA
    Boston 1 GA
    Boston 2 GA

I believe their only miss was Baltimore
    This has happened in the prior tour lotteries.  Even with priority people have hit on 10 shows.  Check those threads.  
    Not 10 shows where 7 are high demand. Not GA to 4 high demand shows. 
    Your complaints mirror the complaints from every prior tour.  I get the sting of being shut out.  I've been there on prior tours and Ed solo tours.  And I've never won GA for any show ever. Win some. Lose some. 
    Except they don't, in previous tours if wouldn't have been possible to win GA both nights in Philly on 1 account. It wouldn't have been possible to win MSG+ both Philly nights and both Seattle nights om one account.

If you played your entry correctly you could hit it big, sure; but usually this meant hitting a bunch of less in demand shows. Not 5 shows in the northeast+ 2 in Seattle in one drawing 

Some people refuse to consider alternatives to their way of thinking. They’ve seen winners post going five for five in Vegas or LA or London or wherever. They are not willing to pause for a second and realize how much more difficult it is to win tickets in these specific NE cities. It’s just easy for them to say, I’ve seen this before

They’d rather just chalk it up to complaining because it’s easier for them to process than to think specifics about the history of these specific shows/cities

id hope that fans who chose to reply to me pay attention to detail. They should note, not once am I including Fenway in this discussion because that’s a huge venue with two shows. Hitting that twice .probably has better odds

but msg (once) and Philly three for three? Add in tiny venue Baltimore? cmone, that’s gotta be a probability of somewhere around 0.01% and the band should at least be posting odds or giving some visibility since they control how we get tickets
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied

Spouse, 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Family, 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Family,2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

There is someone who hit all this on 1 account 
    Portland
    Seattle n1
    Seattle n2
    MSG N2
    Philly 1 GA
    Philly 2 GA
    Boston 1 GA
    Boston 2 GA

I believe their only miss was Baltimore
    This has happened in the prior tour lotteries.  Even with priority people have hit on 10 shows.  Check those threads.  
    No one got 4 GA's through the previous system with priority. Something happened with the double GA's in 2 show cities. You should not see this many double GA's over splits, the sample size is big enough to note this.
    My friend got four GAs in the 2020 lottery.
  • Options
    I went 1/7.

Checked all the boxes but only pulled Vegas N1 P1.
    Got nada for Vegas N2, MSG's, Philly 2x, or Boston 2x.

Still, happy to get one show and will figure out a way into the others.......
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,222
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Not counting people who chose not to answer the poll so as not to undermine the system that helped them 
    You're giving people way too much credit for being Machiavellian. I didn't answer the poll because multiple answers applied to me and I could only choose one option in the poll.
    Just answer it in the best way you can. You hit GA for 2 nights in 2 different cities, no? Clearly, answer the double GA.
    No, I hit GA for two nights in two cities and P1 for two nights in two other cities.
    So 8 shows - 4 GA  and 4 P1 ? Congrats!!

• Options
    edited February 21
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Actually, ten shows. 5 GA and 5 P1. For once, everything came up Milhouse.

(Flinches in anticipation of blows raining down...)
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

No wonder you are so adamantly trying to defend this system 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,534
    BF25394 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Through Machiavellian machinations like not answering the damn poll  =)
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,943
    I made the mistake of registering on Ticketmaster thinking it was the ten club lottery. Am devastated. Anyone else on here make the same mistake? Is there any way ten club could help? 
    Nope, not a thing they'll do.  You're not the first to do this and won't be the last.  Happens more times than I can count each time the Verified Fan registration has been a thing.  Countless posts about how "confusing" the process is.  Weirdly the original email and page for entering the lotto/verified fan had step by step instructions for each but people still get confused.  Makes things entertaining around here.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

No. It has nothing to do with that. I didn't complain about the system in prior years when I did not have the same luck. I didn't complain about ticket prices before the lottery was run. I've never complained about people without my seniority getting tickets, or getting better tickets. I view all of this as a privilege. If I never get to see Pearl Jam again, I have no complaints. If I had been skunked by this system, I would have moved on to the next option for getting tickets on Friday. I also deliberately chose not to try for tickets to the highest-demand shows even though I am originally from New York and have no expenses other than flights when I travel there, and have traveled back there to see the band many times, including eight shows at MSG.

Moreover, I am not "defending" the system. I have consistently refrained from opining about the fairness of the system. There are a lot of different ways to define fair, and I'm not interested in those subjective arguments. What I have been doing is not "defending" the system, but refuting the false or unsupported assertions of people suggesting that the system generated unexpected or "fishy" results. The system generated exactly the random range of outcomes that it should have given that inputs were not differentiated in any way with respect to priority or seniority. I have also been trying to point out that some people shot themselves in the foot by either ignoring the instructions or not believing them.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Through Machiavellian machinations like not answering the damn poll  =)
    My scheme is beginning to unravel...
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 631
    BF25394 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Congrats but yeah something was definitely off with the allocation if you hit half GA.   If it was only one person you could say yeah that’s just an outlier, but it’s multiple people.  There wouldnt be that many outliers.
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    edited February 21
    I am starting to think the more shows you submitted, then you were stacked at the top of the distribution for every lotto and it just ran from the top and the fewer shows you had the more toward the bottom your chances. Tickets run out if run that way every time for people trying to hit a smaller number of shows. That seems to be what some people are saying is they only picked a few shows and got nothing. Should be the opposite of that if thats how they did it. Doesn't really matter now but 10 Club membership feeling less necessary for people who only want to do a local or couple of shows if that's the case.
    Post edited by Ledbetterdays on
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    I am starting to think the more shows you submitted, then you were stacked at the top of the distribution for every lotto and it just ran from the top and the fewer shows you had the more toward the bottom your chances. Tickets run out if run that way every time for people trying to hit a smaller number of shows. That seems to be what some people are saying is they only picked a few shows and got nothing. Should be the opposite of that if thats how they did it. Doesn't really matter now but 10 Club membership feeling less necessary for people who only want to do a local or couple of shows if that's the case.
    I'm not sure it's that simple. I went 2 for 7, a friend who requested 8 shows got 6 (really 6/7 because one was MSG) including double GAs for LV and Seattle.  
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    There's so much tinfoil in this thread.
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    Something else that stands out... the 2 Vancouver BC shows do not appear to have the same level of Double GA's awarded. Presumbably TM Canada and TM US were following the same rule/guidelines for the draw. So, why do we see such a large discrepancy in the awarding of double GA tickets?

Frankly, this make the large amount of Double GA's even more strange. It doesn't look like it happened in Canada, so that would lead one to believe the draw was done differently in the US. 

Again, these are just observations, but they are observations that are based on an aggregate of information. If you do enough research, you see what a large number of people are sharing with regard to GA tickets, etc. 

"Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    bootleg said:
    BF25394 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Congrats but yeah something was definitely off with the allocation if you hit half GA.   If it was only one person you could say yeah that’s just an outlier, but it’s multiple people.  There wouldnt be that many outliers.
    No. There are tens of thousands of people entered in the lottery. "Multiple people" having outlier success is not evidence of something being off. It's evidence that a random system produced random outcomes, which will include some people getting all of their requests.

Also, I did not hit GA in the highest-demand shows. I did not even try for those shows. My odds of getting GA were better than they were for people putting in for New York, Philadelphia, Boston or Chicago.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,526
    CM189191 said:
    RyGuy said:
    CM189191 said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

What?!?
    The intent of the poll was obviously to see if a disproportionate number of people scored double GAs in the same city. The lucky ones who benefited from the glitch (if one exists) may have been reluctant to answer because a full tally might show that something was clearly off 

You've made a lot of rational and intelligent points in this thread.  But theorizing that the reason the results of the poll don't meet your assumptions is because people are purposely skewing the poll is wandering off into conspiracy theory territory. 
    Well, 4 people did actually vote for the "what is a Pearl Jam" option. Including the most staunch not believer of anything amiss here
     Clearly that skews the pool.

Then there is another person who is really arguing the point that anything was wrong with the drawing. That person didn't vote in the pool. That person got 2 GA for both shows in 2 cities and P1 for both shows in another city. Coincidence, I know.
    The only thing I’m a staunch believer in is data, which you still have none of. You thinking I voted in that poll to skew the numbers somehow is just another tin foil conspiracy. Maybe there was a glitch, but nobody in this thread has presented any actual meaningful data to substantiate this. 

CM189191 said:
    *taps mic*

is this thing on?

10C & Ticketmaster could easily shed some light on this.  A little transparency would go a long way.  

What's the incentive for TM and 10C to wade into this debate? It's not like they've had trouble finding people willing to submit entries into any of the lotteries.

26 Stat. 209, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1–7

Do you have the CFR cite on that statute? 
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 651
    edited February 21
    e songs and who we saw.(sorry if I’ve goLukinTimer said:
    86% of multi show ticket applicants for the same city from this board did not receive GA x 2 (poll can be found on this page). 

I swear most on this board have never taken an introduction to statistics course.
    I did and understand how probabilities and distribution work. But that doesn't change the fact that this new system sucks
    You made a dedicated post asserting that 100% of dual show applicants for a single city got GA x 2, and when I point you to a poll that suggests that number is in fact only 14%, your response is that doesn’t change anything? Did I get that right?
    Please learn how to read and get back to me. Who is the author of this thread?
    I am the author of this thread. Feel free to take your shots at me. 
    Re:your standard comment at the bottom of each post-about the U2 shirted fan-Holy F*#k that was amazing-yes it sure was. That one hourish PJ set, our first live just blew us away at Aloha Stadium but we did know most of songs and who we were seeing. (Interesting thread sorry if I’ve gone  off topic)
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    SHZA said:
    I'm not sure it's that simple. I went 2 for 7, a friend who requested 8 shows got 6 (really 6/7 because one was MSG) including double GAs for LV and Seattle.  
    I am sure its not but you would factor in each show's popularity and what type of seats you selected. Will never know most likely if it went off as desired or way off. Either way they sold their tickets.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 631
    BF25394 said:
    bootleg said:
    BF25394 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

No. There are tens of thousands of people entered in the lottery. "Multiple people" having outlier success is not evidence of something being off. It's evidence that a random system produced random outcomes, which will include some people getting all of their requests.

Also, I did not hit GA in the highest-demand shows. I did not even try for those shows. My odds of getting GA were better than they were for people putting in for New York, Philadelphia, Boston or Chicago.
    A majority of people who put in for 2 show cities got the same results N2 as N1 (over 70% in the poll) -> that is odd. Getting back to back GA's for same city, which is more common result than split GA/P1's in the poll, when thousands of people entered GA is odd. Something odd happened with the same city shows. We should, as a community, want to avoid this in the future.
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 760
    I can’t believe they are making me wait for the email
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    As someone who does not feel any sting at all for losing my one very long shot at Philly 1, I have read a few comments in this thread that have convinced me to finally drop out of 10C altogether. 

As some have pointed out, that with face value F2F available now, it's not worth it to pay for the so-called "privilege" of maybe, just maybe, winning $200 shitty seats. F2F has, for me at least, made Ten Club irrelevant.

• Options
    As someone who does not feel any sting at all for losing my one very long shot at Philly 1, I have read a few comments in this thread that have convinced me to finally drop out of 10C altogether. 

As some have pointed out, that with face value F2F available now, it's not worth it to pay for the so-called "privilege" of maybe, just maybe, winning $200 shitty seats. F2F has, for me at least, made Ten Club irrelevant.

Fair take. IF you can get tix via F2F. That hasn't been all that easy IMO
  • Options
    GW2553GW2553 AMORICA Posts: 68
    Could it be?(Oak Island Voice) someone willing to spend several grand got priority over someone willing to spend a couple of hundred bucks?

• Options
    edited February 22
    BF25394 said:
    bootleg said:
    BF25394 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Example:
    LA 1
    LA 2
    Vegas 1
    Vegas 2
    Wrigley 1
    Wrigley 2

LA 1 - GA
    LA 2 - GA
    Vegas 1 - P1 Reserved
    Vegas 2 - P1 Reserved 
    Wrigley 1 - GA
    Wrigley 2 - GA

Let’s stop this commentary with simple math and some common sense estimates. 

Let’s say philly has 1000 GA ticket winners and the odds are 8% to win a second one. So how many total winners are likely to win GA both shows? Simple mathematics probability. You say Some?

Ok, you are right, 80 total winners of GA twice in Philly . 

And that same person won Baltimore, let’s say that’s 30% to get in the building. We are down to 24 possible winners. Now let’s  add msg at 10%, probability tells us we are likely to have 2 winners hitting four in demand shows using simple probability and estimates based on past tours.

One family did this twice if we are to believe the veracity of the claim. We are talking probably hundreds of millions to one the chance that happens twice in the same family. And many others matched it. The math doesn’t add up, many many people are “outliers” when probability tells us it should happen once or twice.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

Fair take. IF you can get tix via F2F. That hasn't been all that easy IMO
    Last tour I put my St. Paul ticket on F2F about two weeks before the show. There were multiple dozens listed, plus there were still many, many seats for general sale through Ticketmaster at that point. I was worried my ticket wouldn't sell. It took about 48 hours for it to be picked up. 

I really don't think PJ is in as "high demand" as we here would believe. Certain markets, yes, for sure I would not argue that for the major cities. But they don't sell out everywhere. That could be why they've limited their gigs to select places on this tour. Maybe they don't want to play to empty seats and they know from their own market research where they can't sell out so they're just not going there. Heck, it appears they're now begging club members to go to Jeff's home state of Montana. For some reason they couldn't even give away all their lottery tickets on the first draft. Tell me there wasn't something wrong with that.
  • Options
    edited February 22
    Even for Chicago last year it wasn't difficult to get in the building via F2F. Many people were having to sell at a loss on stubhub. Part of the reason is that they charge basically the same price for the best and worst seats. GAs and lower bowl sections near the stage always get snatched up quickly on F2F, but $175 upper level seats tend to sit for awhile. 
    Post edited by SHZA on