Options

Potential Ticketmaster Draw Issues

Comments

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,529
    You people are all cherry picking. You choose to only pay attention to the people who got GA to multiple shows rather than all of the people who did not. 

End of story. 
    This. If it fits the conspiracy narrative it must be true!

I do agree that getting multiple GAs in the same city is pretty rare. Odds wise it probably shouldn't happen. 

However, basing it off a few people on a message board doesn't make it true. A lot of members, and I'd bet the majority don't come here. We have no idea how it went for them. 
    Saying it's only a few people on a message board also doesn't make it untrue. Limited data is inherently cherry-picked. We can only draw inferences based on the limited number of people who have announced their results. Regardless, the suspicions are there and are prevalent enough that they can't just be waved away by saying that they haven't been proven as true. If 10c/TM shed some light on the process, those suspicions could either be disproven or confirmed. But I'm not holding my breath.  
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 829
    edited February 20
    SHZA said:
    You people are all cherry picking. You choose to only pay attention to the people who got GA to multiple shows rather than all of the people who did not. 

End of story. 
    This. If it fits the conspiracy narrative it must be true!

I do agree that getting multiple GAs in the same city is pretty rare. Odds wise it probably shouldn't happen. 

However, basing it off a few people on a message board doesn't make it true. A lot of members, and I'd bet the majority don't come here. We have no idea how it went for them. 
    Saying it's only a few people on a message board also doesn't make it untrue. Limited data is inherently cherry-picked. We can only draw inferences based on the limited number of people who have announced their results. Regardless, the suspicions are there and are prevalent enough that they can't just be waved away by saying that they haven't been proven as true. If 10c/TM shed some light on the process, those suspicions could either be disproven or confirmed. But I'm not holding my breath.  
    Also, a lot of these same people said the same things in last year's lottery....and we all know how that turned out.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Last year was a mess. No doubt about it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

End of story. 
    I'm not cherry picking, I'm pointing out how this new system is unfair
    Is it really unfair? Or is it unfair because it didn't work for you. Saying it multiple times loudly doesn't make it so
    Yes I stand by the fact that this system allows for unfair outcomes 
    How many times have you been shutout in your lifetime?
    Multiple, but I knew based on my selections that was a likely outcome.

Let me guess, you hit a bunch of shows this drawing and therefore love this system? 
    I was lucky this time. And last time. Doesn't change the fact that I go in knowing its a lottery. I've also been shut out multiple times. Therefore I go in with those expectations. And for those times that i did lose? I never cried or claimed conspiracy.  
  • Options

End of story. 
    I'm not cherry picking, I'm pointing out how this new system is unfair
    Is it really unfair? Or is it unfair because it didn't work for you. Saying it multiple times loudly doesn't make it so
    Yes I stand by the fact that this system allows for unfair outcomes 
    How many times have you been shutout in your lifetime?
    Multiple, but I knew based on my selections that was a likely outcome.

Let me guess, you hit a bunch of shows this drawing and therefore love this system? 
    I was lucky this time. And last time. Doesn't change the fact that I go in knowing its a lottery. I've also been shut out multiple times. Therefore I go in with those expectations. And for those times that i did lose? I never cried or claimed conspiracy.  
    I didn't cry conspiracy. I'm just stating this version of the lottery is bad
  • Options
    SP218311SP218311 Boston, MA Posts: 171
    There is also likely some bias around who reports their lottery results.  Winning GA for multiple nights = excitement and posting on message boards/social media.  Losing out on multiple shows = disappointment and posting on message boards/social media.  Also there is significant "operator error" for those who think they lost, when in fact they just did not follow directions.  Those who fall in the middle (as well as just a vast majority of 10C members) are not inclined to take the time to provide their results.  As an example, I entered for both Fenway shows, but only won P1 Reserved for night 2 (shutout of night 1).  Didn't really feel inclined to brag or complain about it, but I do like data so I wanted to add my results to the mix.
    1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    Based on the general results it seems like, yes, there was some kind of glitch. I say this due to the number of multiple show multiple GA winners vs. people who got shut out completely. That really should not happen statistically. Will it be significant enough for 10 Club to do anything about it? That remains to be seen. They acknowledged the problems much earlier last time and did their best to remedy where possible, but I think the problem in this draw is more subtle and for those of us who got no shows, we may just need to move on to TM.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,059
    Based on the general results it seems like, yes, there was some kind of glitch. I say this due to the number of multiple show multiple GA winners vs. people who got shut out completely. That really should not happen statistically. Will it be significant enough for 10 Club to do anything about it? That remains to be seen. They acknowledged the problems much earlier last time and did their best to remedy where possible, but I think the problem in this draw is more subtle and for those of us who got no shows, we may just need to move on to TM.
    With priority and seniority issues last year it was very obvious something was wrong. Something like this will be impossible to prove one way or another unless TM just comes out and says whoopsie. It is not like they will come out and show proof how their system works properly. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    With priority and seniority issues last year it was very obvious something was wrong. Something like this will be impossible to prove one way or another unless TM just comes out and says whoopsie. It is not like they will come out and show proof how their system works properly. 
    And imagine the uproar from people who thought they had GA for the whole tour only to have it snatched away. Which I don't think would be right either . . .  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,059
    SHZA said:
    PJNB said:
    And imagine the uproar from people who thought they had GA for the whole tour only to have it snatched away. Which I don't think would be right either . . .  
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 760
    How do we know we lost for sure?  I didn’t get any email.  Am I out?

I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,214
    jwhjr17 said:
    It's a completely separate draw for each and every show.  The results of any other show have zero bearing on who is selected.  There is no fair/unfair.  As long as you're actually in the draw and not just registered for Verified Fan, everyone has the same chance of being selected.  Unless a recap of final results using the full spectrum of winners vs. entries etc. for each show is released, speculating based on a small subset of results reported by members online will never represent what happened. The complaining and conspiracy theories are fun to read though.  Carry on.

**Edit MSG only shows where result of another show mattered as you could only win for one of the MSG shows**
    It is supposed to be a completely separate draw for each and every show - but do you think that is what actually happened. Last year there were several mistakes that TM made with the lottery draw and assigning seats - so trust in their competence to do this correctly is not a given.

• Options
    It just feels like I could do a better job of ticket allocation with a Microsoft Excel spreadhseet then how this goes down every tour. If it's not one thing its another. 
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 350
    So no more equal opportunity to win tickets. Tickets need to be distributed based on equity. I think everyone can get behind that. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I agree with you. I think it was way too obvious last time and this is much harder to pinpoint what exactly they did. Maybe people got bulk shows, maybe once they won they were favored by the algo, maybe they just got non-mathematically possibly lucky. All of this just goes to the point that doing all of these shows in bulk causes problems. Go back to priority listing. No one wants to be a Pearl Jam ticket broker, so lets not go down the route of everyone just choosing all options for all shows. Give members a 3 show max. Allocate those, then open it up.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    I think there’s a happy middle somewhere in the future. Use only first priority, and then random draw for all other shows. Since the two-show-same-city format is becoming the norm, then only allow someone to win GA for one of the two shows in the same city, but still be able to be drawn for seats. But what has happened, happened. They can’t take away shows from anyone who won already. I also find it insane people got shut out of Wrigley with P1 going all the way up to the grandstands behind the poles.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,445
    otter said:
    How do we know we lost for sure?  I didn’t get any email.  Am I out?

I wouldn’t give up hope until you get your final confirmation on Wednesday.  There were issues with banks etc.  they fixed one members issue so maybe others will get looked at as well.  Hang on till tomorrow.  Good luck 

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    PJNB said:
    I agree with you. I think it was way too obvious last time and this is much harder to pinpoint what exactly they did. Maybe people got bulk shows, maybe once they won they were favored by the algo, maybe they just got non-mathematically possibly lucky. All of this just goes to the point that doing all of these shows in bulk causes problems. Go back to priority listing. No one wants to be a Pearl Jam ticket broker, so lets not go down the route of everyone just choosing all options for all shows. Give members a 3 show max. Allocate those, then open it up.

Unfortunately, unless we all stop going to shows, Ticketmaster has zero incentive to change anything.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,060
    PJNB said:
    I find TM to be a very honest and fair organization. I expect a statement any minute now. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,060
    mpedone said:
    PJNB said:

Unfortunately, unless we all stop going to shows, Ticketmaster has zero incentive to change anything.
    If we stop going to shows, TM has more tickets to charge premium for. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,512
    Keep in mind that only a small percentage of members actually post here or on facebook. We are not seeing anything close to the whole picture. Yes, the process could be improved, and yes TM has made major mistakes in the past. It is is an imperfect system, and truthfully, it always has been.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Keep in mind that only a small percentage of members actually post here or on facebook. We are not seeing anything close to the whole picture. Yes, the process could be improved, and yes TM has made major mistakes in the past. It is is an imperfect system, and truthfully, it always has been.
    Agreed, but it should be a representative sample 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,580
    Get_Right said:

Not really.  Negative experiences are much more likely to be reported than positive ones.  How many times do you call customer service just to say everything was great?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:

Not really.  Negative experiences are much more likely to be reported than positive ones.  How many times do you call customer service just to say everything was great?
    Seems that people who hit the jackpot want to crow about that as much as the losers want to complain. Maybe the middle of the road results are underreported 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:

I've seen all types of results reported, I do every lottery. Comparing this to customer service is false equivalency.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:

Seems that people who hit the jackpot want to crow about that as much as the losers want to complain. Maybe the middle of the road results are underreported 

I'm sure middle of the road results are under reported.  But I would consider middle of the road or 50/50 results in the lottery to be a success. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    Get_Right said:
    online sampling would almost never be representative without very manicured curation, at its core it over compensates towards people who are heavy users of social media and online forums, which at its absolute best represents about 15-20% of demographic segments.  Then add a situation that is highly contentious like a ticket draw you are going to over compensate for people who are constantly online either sharing every success or every failure looking for validation.  Online sampling is the land of confirmation bias and nutpicking. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:

I've seen all types of results reported, I do every lottery. Comparing this to customer service is false equivalency.

Negative experiences will always draw a more passionate response. 

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:

Negative experiences will always draw a more passionate response. 
    Agree with that 
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,765
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:

This. I'm one who never mentioned what I got. It's about what I expected, but not quite what I'd hoped and better than I feared. No point in me really talking about it. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.