Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    GA/P1 - feels like its own GA only option.  The GA pit is a different color.
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Correct

It is possible that the Reserved P1 in option one refers to the seats on the floor, while the Reserved P1 in option two refers to the sections in the lower bowl of the arena (with Reserved P2 being the sections in the upper bowl of the arena).

I speculated earlier that there were no doubt people who did not choose all three options and that this would result in better chances of those people being shut out, and this thread is proving that assertion right. People may have had different reasons for not checking all three boxes. Some preferred getting no ticket to getting a ticket in P2. Some did not read the instructions. Some did not understand the instructions. Some did not believe the instructions. Whatever the reason, the result is that some people who would have gotten tickets if they had selected all three options ended up not getting tickets.
    Reasonable response. I agree that the instructions were confusing or perhaps illogical, but I followed them anyway. My 2 shows had only the first 2 options. I chose both options and got Reserved for both shows. 
    Just to be clear, because you're using the word "agree"-- I don't think the instructions were confusing or illogical. I thought they were clear, and so did both of the other club members I talked to before submitting my requests.
    Do these two people have the same chance of getting drawn for P1 seats? Yes/no and why?

Person A: Checked GA/P1 and did not draw GA
    Person B: Checked GA/P1 & P1 and did not draw GA
    No, they don't have the same odds. Person A was only in one drawing. Person B was in two drawings. The first drawing filled out GA and the floor seats. The second drawing filled out the lower bowl seats.
    Pure speculation. Nothing in the sign up page indicated any distinction between the two "P1 Reserved" options. 
  • YieldwaukeeYieldwaukee Posts: 126
    edited February 21
    you all crack me up.  Thanks for providing some entertainment behind this. 

As someone who went 0-fer on the two Philly shows, while yes I'm disappointed (and Monday was quite mad, ask my wife), it's not the end of the road.  Plenty of time to find tickets.  

Also, guess I sold my soul for the PJ lottery as we won the DMB lottery for both Camden shows in July, to the delight of wife.  

At least you got DMB tickets. I apparently burnt up all my good karma on my niece's 5th grade state basketball tournament.
    I do agree with the rest also... I'm shutout and it is far from the end of the road. I will find tickets.
    Good luck on your hunt!
    Post edited by Yieldwaukee on

2014 - Milwaukee
    2016 - Fenway N1
    2018 - Wrigley N1
    2022 - Oakland N1
    2023 - St Paul N1
    2024 - Wrigley N2
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    BF25394 said:
    kaw753 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    How do you know that this person only put in for these ten shows?
    Oh no, maybe they went 10/12 or 10/14. Poor them. Yet I am supposed to accept this system as fair when my wife and I both went 0-4
    Fairness can be measured by opportunity, or by outcome. It's clear where you stand on that. Meanwhile, there have been two instances reported in the lottery thread of people going ten-for-ten. This one would make three, if they were indeed ten-for-ten.
    I went 8 for 10 (7 P1 and 1 GA in Missoula) and one of the two I missed was the night I couldn't get at MSG. The thing is all I really wanted was 1 or 2 GA where I could swap with a ticket buddy on the other night (LA, LV, MSG, or Philly). So, I didn't actually get the tickets I wanted despite winning the lottery 8 times.
    So you went 8-for-9 then? Why would you give yourself an 0-for-1 when you didn't have an at-bat?

By the way, I'm not sure this will thrill the people who got shut out-- that there are people going for, and getting tickets, to shows that they don't even want to attend, but just want to use the tickets to barter with.

I mean, does this surprise anyone?  People have been buying multiples of every piece of merch possible for years as future trade fodder...

With the current ticket system, this was always the logical conclusion.  As long as you have the available funds to "invest" (i.e. lock up) in PJ tickets, it makes sense.

With ticket prices fixed in most locations, the F2F transfer system, the outrageously high demand, bots scooping up anything available to resell unethically however the can..... as long as you have a pair of tickets to any North American PJ show, you're not going to lose your money. Why not scoop up extras as trade fodder?

For the record: I did not enter any draws with this in mind. 
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    GA/P1 - feels like its own GA only option.  The GA pit is a different color.
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Correct

It is possible that the Reserved P1 in option one refers to the seats on the floor, while the Reserved P1 in option two refers to the sections in the lower bowl of the arena (with Reserved P2 being the sections in the upper bowl of the arena).

I speculated earlier that there were no doubt people who did not choose all three options and that this would result in better chances of those people being shut out, and this thread is proving that assertion right. People may have had different reasons for not checking all three boxes. Some preferred getting no ticket to getting a ticket in P2. Some did not read the instructions. Some did not understand the instructions. Some did not believe the instructions. Whatever the reason, the result is that some people who would have gotten tickets if they had selected all three options ended up not getting tickets.
    Reasonable response. I agree that the instructions were confusing or perhaps illogical, but I followed them anyway. My 2 shows had only the first 2 options. I chose both options and got Reserved for both shows. 
    Just to be clear, because you're using the word "agree"-- I don't think the instructions were confusing or illogical. I thought they were clear, and so did both of the other club members I talked to before submitting my requests.
    Do these two people have the same chance of getting drawn for P1 seats? Yes/no and why?

Person A: Checked GA/P1 and did not draw GA
    Person B: Checked GA/P1 & P1 and did not draw GA
    Should have the same chance of getting P1 but you never know.  If someone messes up the coding you could end up skewing the lotto odds.  Like what if they then accidentally gave person B 2 entries in the P1 lotto.

Same theory with the same city GA/GA.  Did something in the coding somehow improve your odds of getting GA for night 2 if you got GA for night 1.  It wasn’t a guarantee like how some had suspected but did it somehow give you an extra ball in the lottery?  An extra 10 balls?  Looking at pictures at some of the venues the GA looks very limited so pulling back to back GA should be extremely rare.
  • Yieldwaukee said:

At least you got DMB tickets. I apparently burnt up all my good karma on my niece's 5th grade state basketball tournament.

I do agree with the rest also... I'm shutout and it is far from the end of the road. I will find tickets.

Good luck on your hunt!
    Thank you!  Hopefully the hunt starts tomorrow with getting the email saying I got access to the sale on Friday.  If not, F2F or the boards it is.  Have been very fortunate from the F5 days, guess I was due for a struggle.
    5/26/06 - Camden, NJ -- 10/31/09 - Phila, PA -- 10/21/13 - Phila, PA -- 10/22/13 - Phila, PA -- 04/28/16 - Phila, PA -- 04/29/16 - Phila, PA -- 09/14/22 - Camden, NJ
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    SHZA said:
    PJammin' said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    Been reading the comments of this thread and I've come to a conclusion. And this is coming from a long time member and someone who lost out on shows in my hometown this go around. I really hope some prominent 10c organizers or even some band members read some of the comments on this thread. Not to come together and find a solution on how to impossibly make everyone happy about this ticket lottery. Nooo, but to realize they are missing the mark on a future merch idea............. you win some, you lose some people. Some of you are acting like entitled whiny little babies. Get over it already
    Well, that’s fine and dandy, but I don’t think any Ten Club member should strikeout on their own home show if they live there and are in the club. People flying in shouldn’t have preference over someone who actually lives in the city. It just seems jacked up that you can’t get a ticket in your own backyard. 🤷‍♂️ 
    So, the people that have NEVER had a home show and have to travel to every show are to be considered less than deserving of a seat.  Hmmm, yeah no.  Be happy that you COULD get a home show that's more than some of us can even hope for.
    I didn’t say that, but people that live in that city should be able to get a Ten Club ticket to a show in their own backyard. There would still be tickets left. They have done that in the past with club shows. LOCALS FIRST!
    Not feasible. How many 10c members are in the NYC metro area? Enough to fill MSG several times over I'd imagine 

Tootsie Pop Owl  Licks One Two Three The World May Never Know  Tootsie  pop Funny signs Scrapbook images

10C & Ticketmaster could easily shed some light on this.  A little transparency would go a long way.  

• yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    shep said:
    BF25394 said:
    kaw753 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    How do you know that this person only put in for these ten shows?
    Oh no, maybe they went 10/12 or 10/14. Poor them. Yet I am supposed to accept this system as fair when my wife and I both went 0-4
    Fairness can be measured by opportunity, or by outcome. It's clear where you stand on that. Meanwhile, there have been two instances reported in the lottery thread of people going ten-for-ten. This one would make three, if they were indeed ten-for-ten.
    I went 8 for 10 (7 P1 and 1 GA in Missoula) and one of the two I missed was the night I couldn't get at MSG. The thing is all I really wanted was 1 or 2 GA where I could swap with a ticket buddy on the other night (LA, LV, MSG, or Philly). So, I didn't actually get the tickets I wanted despite winning the lottery 8 times.
    So you went 8-for-9 then? Why would you give yourself an 0-for-1 when you didn't have an at-bat?

By the way, I'm not sure this will thrill the people who got shut out-- that there are people going for, and getting tickets, to shows that they don't even want to attend, but just want to use the tickets to barter with.

I mean, does this surprise anyone?  People have been buying multiples of every piece of merch possible for years as future trade fodder...

With the current ticket system, this was always the logical conclusion.  As long as you have the available funds to "invest" (i.e. lock up) in PJ tickets, it makes sense.

With ticket prices fixed in most locations, the F2F transfer system, the outrageously high demand, bots scooping up anything available to resell unethically however the can..... as long as you have a pair of tickets to any North American PJ show, you're not going to lose your money. Why not scoop up extras as trade fodder?

For the record: I did not enter any draws with this in mind. 
    This is especially true in states where resale of tickets is permitted. Given that MSG is the most sough after market, and resale is allowed, once people do it for this show, they might as well do it for all. At worst, people just put the tickets on F2F and get their money back.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    Can someone explain to me how stub hub has 100s of tickets to shows in cities where the tickets are non-transferable? 
  • My apologies if this is a repeat question. Is the Ten Club still doing the special lottery where random people get chosen for row 2 and 10? They used to do that, do they still do that? Thanks.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    My apologies if this is a repeat question. Is the Ten Club still doing the special lottery where random people get chosen for row 2 and 10? They used to do that, do they still do that? Thanks.
    Went away with GA. It had been used at Fenway in 2016 and 2018, but there is GA there now too. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    My apologies if this is a repeat question. Is the Ten Club still doing the special lottery where random people get chosen for row 2 and 10? They used to do that, do they still do that? Thanks.

No, that was for when they didn't have a GA pit in North America. Since they brought back the 10C pit, there has been no need for that lottery for the seated rows.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I think I forgot to sign up for the Ticketmaster PJ premium this Friday. What other options besides aftermarket would be suggested to score tickets and how do these work? Apologies, somewhat a newbie.  
  • Ok thanks much.
  • at this point i would say it would be nice to go ahead and get the rejection email, just for closure's sake. i know i didn't win and have moved on, but .... don't give me hope. don't leave it out there. just tell me it's over lmfao 
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Posts: 461
    edited February 21
    JimmyV said:
    Went away with GA. It had been used at Fenway in 2016 and 2018, but there is GA there now too. 
    I was one of the lucky ones that won 2nd row at N2 Fenway 2016...and for that they can have my membership dues for as long as they ask.
    One of the most amazing nights I've ever had.

Post edited by The Camaros Hood on
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    I think I forgot to sign up for the Ticketmaster PJ premium this Friday. What other options besides aftermarket would be suggested to score tickets and how do these work? Apologies, somewhat a newbie.  
    Anyone can buy PJ Premium. No sign-up/code needed. The verified fan sale on Friday is what you needed to sign up for to get the opportunity to purchase face value tickets. If you missed out on that, you can always get tickets thru the F2F exchange.
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    My guess is that the GA/P1 option is an entirely different set of seats: the GA Pit and select seats. The P1 option is a set of 10Club seats and people have an option to pick this only if they don't want GA as some people don't have the capacity or desire to stand all the time. I'm thinking people are overthinking this. They say clearly that if you pick both, you'll have a better overall chance. With that said, people are going to complain no matter what they do. Is there some kind of unfair glitch or messed up algorithm in this ticket selection? Maybe. But what can we do? It's Ticketmaster. Ultimately, they are doing their best to maximize profit. The band is probably doing their best to maintain some semblance of priority tickets for it's fan club members. I'm sure behind the scenes it's a shit show. Enjoy reality the best you can. I scored N1 and N2 P1 for Wrigley and I'm expecting to be slightly disappointed at the seating, but I know I will have a blast anyway!
  • My apologies if this is a repeat question. Is the Ten Club still doing the special lottery where random people get chosen for row 2 and 10? They used to do that, do they still do that? Thanks.

They even have section and seat numbers on there as well? I dont get it?
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    edited February 21
    JimmyV said:
    I was one of the lucky ones that won 2nd row at N2 Fenway 2016...and for that they can have my membership dues for as long as they ask.

Same here, but in 2018. Almost the same spot, too. Didn't get any Ed picks, but got a bunch of Mike's. Got to feel important for a night. :)
    Post edited by mpedone on
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    JimmyV said:

Awesome! That night was probably the best of the Fenway shows, too. Great pic. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I think I forgot to sign up for the Ticketmaster PJ premium this Friday. What other options besides aftermarket would be suggested to score tickets and how do these work? Apologies, somewhat a newbie.  
    Anyone can buy PJ Premium. No sign-up/code needed. The verified fan sale on Friday is what you needed to sign up for to get the opportunity to purchase face value tickets. If you missed out on that, you can always get tickets thru the F2F exchange.
    Thanks friend! 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    PD279656 said:
    Can someone explain to me how stub hub has 100s of tickets to shows in cities where the tickets are non-transferable? 
    Brokers have figured out how to evade the transfer restrictions
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352

They even have section and seat numbers on there as well? I dont get it?

No, that was in the past before they introduced the GA pit.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    So, on Friday when the pre-sale opens, do you have to buy tickets to one show at a time or do they give you the chance to do multiples?

Is that even worth trying?
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • If I remember right, you pick the show you want to buy tickets to and then go into a virtual waiting room where you see how many people are in front of you before you get to buy. If it is this same set up, it would be one show at a time. I feel it would be very difficult to get two shows.

2014 - Milwaukee
    2016 - Fenway N1
    2018 - Wrigley N1
    2022 - Oakland N1
    2023 - St Paul N1
    2024 - Wrigley N2
    Yeah, if that's the case, I will just shoot for the one show I want the most then.

• The only other piece of advice I have regarding Friday's sale, I have had better success using the Ticketmaster mobile app than a laptop. Might be just a coincidence but thought I would put it out there.

2014 - Milwaukee
    2016 - Fenway N1
    2018 - Wrigley N1
    2022 - Oakland N1
    2023 - St Paul N1
    2024 - Wrigley N2
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    BSully said:
    Yeah, if that's the case, I will just shoot for the one show I want the most then.

If it were me, I would try for a show I don’t want. At least that way when I can’t buy tickets, I won’t be so disappointed. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    As far as people asking about rejection emails, based on past experience I would expect to receive by tonight a summary email saying which requests were fulfilled and unfulfilled.  For the most part everyone already knows how they did but the “unfulfilled” report gives closure.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    yosi said:
    BSully said:

If it were me, I would try for a show I don’t want. At least that way when I can’t buy tickets, I won’t be so disappointed. 
    That's an interesting thought there.

Low expectations is the secret to a happy life! That's what I always say.