Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    GA/P1 - feels like its own GA only option.  The GA pit is a different color.
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Correct

It is possible that the Reserved P1 in option one refers to the seats on the floor, while the Reserved P1 in option two refers to the sections in the lower bowl of the arena (with Reserved P2 being the sections in the upper bowl of the arena).

I speculated earlier that there were no doubt people who did not choose all three options and that this would result in better chances of those people being shut out, and this thread is proving that assertion right. People may have had different reasons for not checking all three boxes. Some preferred getting no ticket to getting a ticket in P2. Some did not read the instructions. Some did not understand the instructions. Some did not believe the instructions. Whatever the reason, the result is that some people who would have gotten tickets if they had selected all three options ended up not getting tickets.
    Reasonable response. I agree that the instructions were confusing or perhaps illogical, but I followed them anyway. My 2 shows had only the first 2 options. I chose both options and got Reserved for both shows. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • know1 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    I'm always skeptical of things like this. It's pretty easy to fake this. 
    Stop it. I've seen people I trust who hit 9-10 shows 
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,923
    So what is the consensus for today?  Rejection emails or a small chance you got tickets.
  • EB218946 said:
    So what is the consensus for today?  Rejection emails or a small chance you got tickets.
    Rejection 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    The GA thing is weird. Feel bad for anyone who successfully entered the lottery and still came up empty. Good luck with verified Fan, and with fan to fan there will be tickets around. This is the most shows they've played in years. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Got GA for Wrigley on 8/29 and P1 for 8/31. I don’t remember what P1 is, if anyone can help me out. I think it’s reserved somewhere lower level-ish?
    8/17/98 Noblesville, IN; 9/6/98 Knoxville, TN; 4/21/03 Lexington, KY; 6/24/03 Columbus, OH; 10/2/04 Toledo, OH; 6/14/08 Bonnaroo; 5/7/10 Noblesville, IN; 9/22/12 Atlanta, GA; 10/1/14 Cincinnati, OH; 10/3/14 St. Louis, MO; 6/11/16 Bonnaroo; 4/26/16 Lexington, KY; Chicago 8/18/18: Chicago 8/20/18; St. Louis 9/18/22
  • JWindmill said:
    Got GA for Wrigley on 8/29 and P1 for 8/31. I don’t remember what P1 is, if anyone can help me out. I think it’s reserved somewhere lower level-ish?
    It's any seats outside of pit
  • JimmyV said:
    The GA thing is weird. Feel bad for anyone who successfully entered the lottery and still came up empty. Good luck with verified Fan, and with fan to fan there will be tickets around. This is the most shows they've played in years. 
    I'll still get in, just annoyed 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    Sarava said:
    I feel bad for the people that struck out. Now, if they chose not to select P2 in shows that that was an option, then that failure is on them. That's looking at many of the Vegas strikeouts mostly.

For the east coast - it feels like there's less complaints than usual. But there always are people that miss out and that sucks. Unless they start doing 4 or 5 MSG show runs - there probably isn't a better solution.
    When people hit GA to both Philly shows and others are shutout all together there is an issue
    I’ve been trying to stay out of this over the last few days, but I agree with this. People who got shut out of multi-show cities while others hit both have a right to be pissed. Clearly they had the technical means to impose a one-show-only rule for MSG, so they probably should have also done so for Philly at least, and maybe also the stadiums, Seattle and Vegas (I haven’t been following it that closely).

I guess the flip side is: the only reason I can fathom for them not limiting the non-NY cities is that they thought they had enough tickets to meet the demand. Clearly they were wrong, but it does appear to be true that since 2020, they’ve gotten way more seats for us than they ever did in the past (everyone who’s been referencing their long tenure in the club surely remembers the days when MSG shows had single-digit lotto odds). I don’t know what connection - if any - there is between the club getting more tickets and TM running the lotto (and of course, there’s no excuse in 2024 for Ticketmaster not to be able to run a lottery with priorities or other constraints), but it does seem to me that we’re better off as a group than we used to be. I know that’s not much of a comfort to people who lost this year (or the people who claim to never have won ever), but hopefully you’ll get ‘em next year.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • JWindmill said:
    Got GA for Wrigley on 8/29 and P1 for 8/31. I don’t remember what P1 is, if anyone can help me out. I think it’s reserved somewhere lower level-ish?
    It's any seats outside of pit
    Thank you. I thought there was an option that didn’t include the 200 level plus outfield seats. Been there before and it wasn’t great. 
    8/17/98 Noblesville, IN; 9/6/98 Knoxville, TN; 4/21/03 Lexington, KY; 6/24/03 Columbus, OH; 10/2/04 Toledo, OH; 6/14/08 Bonnaroo; 5/7/10 Noblesville, IN; 9/22/12 Atlanta, GA; 10/1/14 Cincinnati, OH; 10/3/14 St. Louis, MO; 6/11/16 Bonnaroo; 4/26/16 Lexington, KY; Chicago 8/18/18: Chicago 8/20/18; St. Louis 9/18/22
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    tdawe said:
    Sarava said:
    I feel bad for the people that struck out. Now, if they chose not to select P2 in shows that that was an option, then that failure is on them. That's looking at many of the Vegas strikeouts mostly.

For the east coast - it feels like there's less complaints than usual. But there always are people that miss out and that sucks. Unless they start doing 4 or 5 MSG show runs - there probably isn't a better solution.
    When people hit GA to both Philly shows and others are shutout all together there is an issue
    I’ve been trying to stay out of this over the last few days, but I agree with this. People who got shut out of multi-show cities while others hit both have a right to be pissed. Clearly they had the technical means to impose a one-show-only rule for MSG, so they probably should have also done so for Philly at least, and maybe also the stadiums, Seattle and Vegas (I haven’t been following it that closely).

I guess the flip side is: the only reason I can fathom for them not limiting the non-NY cities is that they thought they had enough tickets to meet the demand. Clearly they were wrong, but it does appear to be true that since 2020, they’ve gotten way more seats for us than they ever did in the past (everyone who’s been referencing their long tenure in the club surely remembers the days when MSG shows had single-digit lotto odds). I don’t know what connection - if any - there is between the club getting more tickets and TM running the lotto (and of course, there’s no excuse in 2024 for Ticketmaster not to be able to run a lottery with priorities or other constraints), but it does seem to me that we’re better off as a group than we used to be. I know that’s not much of a comfort to people who lost this year (or the people who claim to never have won ever), but hopefully you’ll get ‘em next year.
    I’m not so sure we are better off. I don’t recall this many people getting shutout for ballparks in 2018. I got tickets for both Wrigleys and Fenways that year. The only other shows was the Seattle shows.
  • ruthm23ruthm23 Posts: 1
    Has anyone received an email stating they didn't receive tickets?  I have a feeling that I screwed up during the registration process.  Ugh!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    ruthm23 said:
    Has anyone received an email stating they didn't receive tickets?  I have a feeling that I screwed up during the registration process.  Ugh!
    no one has posted that they've received a rejection notice of of now.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    tdawe said:
    Sarava said:

Good points.   They also need to sell out nearly every show to maintain leverage with TM, so whenever there is a question it's probably better for future bookings and rates to piss off a few 10cers than risk breaking the streak in places like Philly and Chicago.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    jdopj said:
    tdawe said:
    Sarava said:

I’m not so sure we are better off. I don’t recall this many people getting shutout for ballparks in 2018. I got tickets for both Wrigleys and Fenways that year. The only other shows was the Seattle shows.
    I think they cut a tremendous deal for the 2018 ballpark shows and had a boatload of the ticket allotment set aside for 10C. Probably because they didn't have to deal with TM and dealt with MLB instead.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    tdawe said:
    Sarava said:

I agree and I said it earlier myself. This is way better than the days of sitting at your computer at 10am (assuming you aren't stuck at work) and mashing F5 for hours on end.

But, I also agree that the system is far from perfect. It's painful to see people so happy about getting 6 GA shows when your shut out of everything and I tend to believe with as much money as ticketmaster makes, they can afford a system that could call some of that into effect to make it a more "even" draw across the board.

However, with that being said. I'm excited for those that get to attend multiple shows and I will find a way into the building somehow!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I liked the F5 days. For Philly in 09 I F5'd for 5 days to get all 4 shows.

Since then, it has been a scratch and claw to get 2-3 a tour.

This tour I went all out and went for 10 shows. I got all 10.

Sometime on this run will be my 100th. I have to do some digging and figure it out, but as a fanclub member since 1994, I could not be more excited.

The only GA I pulled was both Chicago. IMO they likely did something wrong for that to happen so many times.

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    ...part of the problem right here^
  • GW2553GW2553 Posts: 80
    Someone mentioned picking up the actual tickets at Will Call.  Lets go back to that!!  Anyone remember that 2003 Vegas line.  That was a hoot.

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Ya mine looks like that, an unexpected $6k later. Not complaining. Just CRAZY.
    GW2553 said:
    Someone mentioned picking up the actual tickets at Will Call.  Lets go back to that!!  Anyone remember that 2003 Vegas line.  That was a hoot.

I remember standing in line in Cincy in 06 for that... it was fun and it was my first experience meeting PJ fans (not in Indy) and it was a beautiful day outside.
    I remember wearing my red Given to Fly shirt too. No clue why I remember that I can't remember what my wife wore when she left for work this morning. :)
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    GW2553 said:

That sucked - back when tiks were better the earlier you got them.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• EB218946 said:
    Staying positive for today, also took Friday off. I'm going to see Pearl Jam one way or another. Positive! Positive!
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    At least I scored Neil Young tickets with no issues. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    I need to check in to AA after this whine festival.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    jdopj said:
    tdawe said:
    Sarava said:

2018 had will call. We now have a system that people can just put in for all shows whether they want to go or not and see what they hit.
    EB218946 said:
    Staying positive for today, also took Friday off. I'm going to see Pearl Jam one way or another. Positive! Positive!
    At this point, I don't think any more tickets will be given out. So, it rejection letters and thankfully I'm working from home on Friday!
  • otterotter Posts: 760
    No emails at all!
    did I lose again?
    I didn’t read the rules correctly, I put in GA for Philly, Philly, and Baltimore.  
    I live in Pittsburgh, 
    does anyone think leg 2 will happen?
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    I recall the 2020 tour shows having at or near 100% odds for Reserved, even in 2nd, 3rd priority selections.  Not all shows, but many, including some pretty high demand shows like St. Louis and Denver.  I don't recall if Nashville remained that high, but it was definitely up there.  The point is that the priority system seemed to work better at distributing the tickets more evenly than today's system.  Either that or they were getting more 10C tickets at that point, despite the notion that we're currently getting more 10C tickets than ever before.  
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    otter said:
    No emails at all!
    did I lose again?
    I didn’t read the rules correctly, I put in GA for Philly, Philly, and Baltimore.  
    I live in Pittsburgh, 
    does anyone think leg 2 will happen?
    Just putting in for GA you had very long odds.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16