Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,338
    RS65573 said:
    I liked the F5 days. For Philly in 09 I F5'd for 5 days to get all 4 shows.

Since then, it has been a scratch and claw to get 2-3 a tour.

This tour I went all out and went for 10 shows. I got all 10.

Sometime on this run will be my 100th. I have to do some digging and figure it out, but as a fanclub member since 1994, I could not be more excited.

The only GA I pulled was both Chicago. IMO they likely did something wrong for that to happen so many times.

F5ing for five days sounds a lot worse than whatever the scratching and clawing entails.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    I only put in for Wrigley 1 and 2...but nothing....odd
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    back to business...anyone have a Sac seating chart?
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    GA/P1 - feels like its own GA only option.  The GA pit is a different color.
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Correct

It is possible that the Reserved P1 in option one refers to the seats on the floor, while the Reserved P1 in option two refers to the sections in the lower bowl of the arena (with Reserved P2 being the sections in the upper bowl of the arena).

I speculated earlier that there were no doubt people who did not choose all three options and that this would result in better chances of those people being shut out, and this thread is proving that assertion right. People may have had different reasons for not checking all three boxes. Some preferred getting no ticket to getting a ticket in P2. Some did not read the instructions. Some did not understand the instructions. Some did not believe the instructions. Whatever the reason, the result is that some people who would have gotten tickets if they had selected all three options ended up not getting tickets.
    Reasonable response. I agree that the instructions were confusing or perhaps illogical, but I followed them anyway. My 2 shows had only the first 2 options. I chose both options and got Reserved for both shows. 
    Just to be clear, because you're using the word "agree"-- I don't think the instructions were confusing or illogical. I thought they were clear, and so did both of the other club members I talked to before submitting my requests.
    Do these two people have the same chance of getting drawn for P1 seats? Yes/no and why?

Person A: Checked GA/P1 and did not draw GA
    Person B: Checked GA/P1 & P1 and did not draw GA
  • Looking for the Vegas seating chart :) 
    SHZA said:
    PJammin' said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    Been reading the comments of this thread and I've come to a conclusion. And this is coming from a long time member and someone who lost out on shows in my hometown this go around. I really hope some prominent 10c organizers or even some band members read some of the comments on this thread. Not to come together and find a solution on how to impossibly make everyone happy about this ticket lottery. Nooo, but to realize they are missing the mark on a future merch idea............. you win some, you lose some people. Some of you are acting like entitled whiny little babies. Get over it already
    Well, that’s fine and dandy, but I don’t think any Ten Club member should strikeout on their own home show if they live there and are in the club. People flying in shouldn’t have preference over someone who actually lives in the city. It just seems jacked up that you can’t get a ticket in your own backyard. 🤷‍♂️ 
    So, the people that have NEVER had a home show and have to travel to every show are to be considered less than deserving of a seat.  Hmmm, yeah no.  Be happy that you COULD get a home show that's more than some of us can even hope for.
    I didn’t say that, but people that live in that city should be able to get a Ten Club ticket to a show in their own backyard. There would still be tickets left. They have done that in the past with club shows. LOCALS FIRST!
    Not feasible. How many 10c members are in the NYC metro area? Enough to fill MSG several times over I'd imagine 
    They're playing two shows, with a one-show fan-club ticket limit. MSG seats about 19,000. I doubt there are more than 38,000 Ten Club members in metro NYC, which is home to about six percent of the U.S. population. That would extrapolate to over 600,000 members overall in the U.S. all else being equal. Even accounting for a disproportionate number of members being in the NYC area, it doesn't add up. And we know that a significant portion of the membership is overseas.
  • pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Correct

It is possible that the Reserved P1 in option one refers to the seats on the floor, while the Reserved P1 in option two refers to the sections in the lower bowl of the arena (with Reserved P2 being the sections in the upper bowl of the arena).

I speculated earlier that there were no doubt people who did not choose all three options and that this would result in better chances of those people being shut out, and this thread is proving that assertion right. People may have had different reasons for not checking all three boxes. Some preferred getting no ticket to getting a ticket in P2. Some did not read the instructions. Some did not understand the instructions. Some did not believe the instructions. Whatever the reason, the result is that some people who would have gotten tickets if they had selected all three options ended up not getting tickets.
    Reasonable response. I agree that the instructions were confusing or perhaps illogical, but I followed them anyway. My 2 shows had only the first 2 options. I chose both options and got Reserved for both shows. 
    Just to be clear, because you're using the word "agree"-- I don't think the instructions were confusing or illogical. I thought they were clear, and so did both of the other club members I talked to before submitting my requests.
    Do these two people have the same chance of getting drawn for P1 seats? Yes/no and why?

Answer should be yes. In reality we have no idea
    kaw753 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    How do you know that this person only put in for these ten shows?
    Oh no, maybe they went 10/12 or 10/14. Poor them. Yet I am supposed to accept this system as fair when my wife and I both went 0-4
    Fairness can be measured by opportunity, or by outcome. It's clear where you stand on that. Meanwhile, there have been two instances reported in the lottery thread of people going ten-for-ten. This one would make three, if they were indeed ten-for-ten.
    I went 8 for 10 (7 P1 and 1 GA in Missoula) and one of the two I missed was the night I couldn't get at MSG. The thing is all I really wanted was 1 or 2 GA where I could swap with a ticket buddy on the other night (LA, LV, MSG, or Philly). So, I didn't actually get the tickets I wanted despite winning the lottery 8 times.
    So you went 8-for-9 then? Why would you give yourself an 0-for-1 when you didn't have an at-bat?

By the way, I'm not sure this will thrill the people who got shut out-- that there are people going for, and getting tickets, to shows that they don't even want to attend, but just want to use the tickets to barter with.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    bbiggs said:
    I recall the 2020 tour shows having at or near 100% odds for Reserved, even in 2nd, 3rd priority selections.  Not all shows, but many, including some pretty high demand shows like St. Louis and Denver.  I don't recall if Nashville remained that high, but it was definitely up there.  The point is that the priority system seemed to work better at distributing the tickets more evenly than today's system.  Either that or they were getting more 10C tickets at that point, despite the notion that we're currently getting more 10C tickets than ever before.  
    They specifically stated in 2018, 2020, and 2023 that they had acquired a larger allotment of 10C tickets than ever before. I saw no mention of that for this tour.
    I'll need to go back to look, but that was the idea behind nosebleeds being sold to 10C fans last year, was it not?  "More tickets than ever before means some 10C seats will be in the furthest and upper most parts of the arenas."  I'm paraphrasing.
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    I'm always skeptical of things like this. It's pretty easy to fake this. 
    Stop it. I've seen people I trust who hit 9-10 shows 
    Newfie and I have finally found common ground. Thinking that people are lying or faking screenshots is just another conspiracy theory.
    Finally! Let's have a beer in celebration. 
    No way. I'm attending these shows with a phalanx of bodyguards who are going to have your picture and SHZA's picture to make sure you can't get close enough to shiv me.
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

That's what I'm getting at. I don't have a major beef with the process but I would not call it totally clear or logical.
    edited February 21
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

No, they don't have the same odds. Person A was only in one drawing. Person B was in two drawings. The first drawing filled out GA and the floor seats. The second drawing filled out the lower bowl seats.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
  • BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    Newfie and I have finally found common ground. Thinking that people are lying or faking screenshots is just another conspiracy theory.
    No way. I'm attending these shows with a phalanx of bodyguards who are going to have your picture and SHZA's picture to make sure you can't get close enough to shiv me.
    What shows are you attending 🤣
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

That's what I'm getting at. I don't have a major beef with the process but I would not call it totally clear or logical.
    Agree with this.  The check multiple options instructions could have been explained better, but... I wasn't taking any chances and checked all three boxes for all my picks.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    What shows are you attending 🤣
    Um, only shows in Europe. Definitely not any shows in North America...
  • BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

No, they don't have the same odds. Person A was only in one drawing. Person B was in two drawings. The first drawing filled out GA and the floor seats. The second drawing filled out the lower bowl seats.
    That makes 0 sense. Drawings should be

1. GA- All people who selected Ga/p1
    2. P1- All people who selected Ga/p1 who didn't get GA + people who selected p1
    3. P2- All people who selected p2 who didn't win GA or P1
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I recall the 2020 tour shows having at or near 100% odds for Reserved, even in 2nd, 3rd priority selections.  Not all shows, but many, including some pretty high demand shows like St. Louis and Denver.  I don't recall if Nashville remained that high, but it was definitely up there.  The point is that the priority system seemed to work better at distributing the tickets more evenly than today's system.  Either that or they were getting more 10C tickets at that point, despite the notion that we're currently getting more 10C tickets than ever before.  
    They specifically stated in 2018, 2020, and 2023 that they had acquired a larger allotment of 10C tickets than ever before. I saw no mention of that for this tour.
    I'll need to go back to look, but that was the idea behind nosebleeds being sold to 10C fans last year, was it not?  "More tickets than ever before means some 10C seats will be in the furthest and upper most parts of the arenas."  I'm paraphrasing.
    Yes. That's pretty much what they said.
    BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

I'm just telling you that Person B had better odds because they were in two drawings. Whether doing it that way makes sense is a different question.
  • BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

if it wasn't/isn't this, i'm not really sure what we are doing here lol. there's so much being speculated on that we simply will not ever know, because TM ain't telling us a damn thing, they don't care, but if this isn't how the drawings work, well... what even is the point
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    No worries, I'm not the violent type. All talk 
  • BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

I'm just telling you that Person B had better odds because they were in two drawings. Whether doing it that way makes sense is a different question.
    Why were they in 2 draws? That make 0 sense
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 829
    BF25394 said:
    kaw753 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    How do you know that this person only put in for these ten shows?
    Oh no, maybe they went 10/12 or 10/14. Poor them. Yet I am supposed to accept this system as fair when my wife and I both went 0-4
    Fairness can be measured by opportunity, or by outcome. It's clear where you stand on that. Meanwhile, there have been two instances reported in the lottery thread of people going ten-for-ten. This one would make three, if they were indeed ten-for-ten.
    I went 8 for 10 (7 P1 and 1 GA in Missoula) and one of the two I missed was the night I couldn't get at MSG. The thing is all I really wanted was 1 or 2 GA where I could swap with a ticket buddy on the other night (LA, LV, MSG, or Philly). So, I didn't actually get the tickets I wanted despite winning the lottery 8 times.
    So you went 8-for-9 then? Why would you give yourself an 0-for-1 when you didn't have an at-bat?

By the way, I'm not sure this will thrill the people who got shut out-- that there are people going for, and getting tickets, to shows that they don't even want to attend, but just want to use the tickets to barter with.
    I didn't put in for any shows I don't want to attend. I was hoping to score one pair of GA for LA/LV (swap with a buddy here on the other night), do Missoula, and then maybe do two on the East Coast for whatever show I got swapping with a buddy on the other night. It seemed like a hopeful and unrealistic goal given I have gone 0-fer in lotteries before.

Does anyone have a better idea on how to get GA? I would love to hear it.
  • Anyways who is going to be in the PIT with me on opening night?
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    There's nothing to suggest that the GA/P1 combo was ONLY for floor seating.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin' said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    Been reading the comments of this thread and I've come to a conclusion. And this is coming from a long time member and someone who lost out on shows in my hometown this go around. I really hope some prominent 10c organizers or even some band members read some of the comments on this thread. Not to come together and find a solution on how to impossibly make everyone happy about this ticket lottery. Nooo, but to realize they are missing the mark on a future merch idea............. you win some, you lose some people. Some of you are acting like entitled whiny little babies. Get over it already
    Well, that’s fine and dandy, but I don’t think any Ten Club member should strikeout on their own home show if they live there and are in the club. People flying in shouldn’t have preference over someone who actually lives in the city. It just seems jacked up that you can’t get a ticket in your own backyard. 🤷‍♂️ 
    So, the people that have NEVER had a home show and have to travel to every show are to be considered less than deserving of a seat.  Hmmm, yeah no.  Be happy that you COULD get a home show that's more than some of us can even hope for.
    I didn’t say that, but people that live in that city should be able to get a Ten Club ticket to a show in their own backyard. There would still be tickets left. They have done that in the past with club shows. LOCALS FIRST!
    Not feasible. How many 10c members are in the NYC metro area? Enough to fill MSG several times over I'd imagine 
    They're playing two shows, with a one-show fan-club ticket limit. MSG seats about 19,000. I doubt there are more than 38,000 Ten Club members in metro NYC, which is home to about six percent of the U.S. population. That would extrapolate to over 600,000 members overall in the U.S. all else being equal. Even accounting for a disproportionate number of members being in the NYC area, it doesn't add up. And we know that a significant portion of the membership is overseas.
    Are you going to make each member attend solo or do they get a pair? Nitpicking my estimate aside, you don't dispute that it would be infeasible for 10c to guarantee each local member tickets to the show, which is the point. Especially with MSG's pre-existing policy denying the club any tickets in he prime lower bowl sections. 
    BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

You believe the P1 seats in "GA/P1" and the P1 seats in "P1" are different pools of tickets?
    BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

Exactly. My theory is that selecting GA/P1 and P1 both gives you 2 ping pong balls in the P1 draw if you miss GA. I have no idea how else it improves your odds otherwise.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

if it wasn't/isn't this, i'm not really sure what we are doing here lol. there's so much being speculated on that we simply will not ever know, because TM ain't telling us a damn thing, they don't care, but if this isn't how the drawings work, well... what even is the point

This. All of this. We have no idea how any of this worked. We speculate and assume, but really, we have no idea. That is a problem... No, that's not the right word. It's frustrating. The truth is that Ticketmaster doesn't care or want to give transparency into their process, and why would they? We keep buying tickets. Them being transparent would just lead to more headaches for them. We can complain all we want (and many have been), but it falls on deaf ears.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • you all crack me up.  Thanks for providing some entertainment behind this. 

As someone who went 0-fer on the two Philly shows, while yes I'm disappointed (and Monday was quite mad, ask my wife), it's not the end of the road.  Plenty of time to find tickets.  

Also, guess I sold my soul for the PJ lottery as we won the DMB lottery for both Camden shows in July, to the delight of wife.  
    5/26/06 - Camden, NJ -- 10/31/09 - Phila, PA -- 10/21/13 - Phila, PA -- 10/22/13 - Phila, PA -- 04/28/16 - Phila, PA -- 04/29/16 - Phila, PA -- 09/14/22 - Camden, NJ
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yes. That's pretty much what they said.
    Okay.  I guess I overlooked the fact they may have abandoned the concept of "more tickets than ever before" this tour.  What they did not abandon was the potential for nosebleed seats though.  That part was made clear.