Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• otter said:
    No emails at all!
    did I lose again?
    I didn’t read the rules correctly, I put in GA for Philly, Philly, and Baltimore.  
    I live in Pittsburgh, 
    does anyone think leg 2 will happen?
    Just putting in for GA you had very long odds.
    There was no GA only option....
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    otter said:
    No emails at all!
    did I lose again?
    I didn’t read the rules correctly, I put in GA for Philly, Philly, and Baltimore.  
    I live in Pittsburgh, 
    That is why the odds were long!
  • otterotter Posts: 760
    otter said:
    No emails at all!
    did I lose again?
    I live in Pittsburgh, 
    My ADD f’d me again 
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • otter said:
    No emails at all!
    did I lose again?
    I live in Pittsburgh, 
    That is why the odds were long!
    Not at all
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    bbiggs said:
    I recall the 2020 tour shows having at or near 100% odds for Reserved, even in 2nd, 3rd priority selections.  Not all shows, but many, including some pretty high demand shows like St. Louis and Denver.  I don't recall if Nashville remained that high, but it was definitely up there.  The point is that the priority system seemed to work better at distributing the tickets more evenly than today's system.  Either that or they were getting more 10C tickets at that point, despite the notion that we're currently getting more 10C tickets than ever before.  
    They specifically stated in 2018, 2020, and 2023 that they had acquired a larger allotment of 10C tickets than ever before. I saw no mention of that for this tour.
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    BSully said:
    tdawe said:
    Sarava said:
    I feel bad for the people that struck out. Now, if they chose not to select P2 in shows that that was an option, then that failure is on them. That's looking at many of the Vegas strikeouts mostly.

For the east coast - it feels like there's less complaints than usual. But there always are people that miss out and that sucks. Unless they start doing 4 or 5 MSG show runs - there probably isn't a better solution.
    When people hit GA to both Philly shows and others are shutout all together there is an issue
    I’ve been trying to stay out of this over the last few days, but I agree with this. People who got shut out of multi-show cities while others hit both have a right to be pissed. Clearly they had the technical means to impose a one-show-only rule for MSG, so they probably should have also done so for Philly at least, and maybe also the stadiums, Seattle and Vegas (I haven’t been following it that closely).

I guess the flip side is: the only reason I can fathom for them not limiting the non-NY cities is that they thought they had enough tickets to meet the demand. Clearly they were wrong, but it does appear to be true that since 2020, they’ve gotten way more seats for us than they ever did in the past (everyone who’s been referencing their long tenure in the club surely remembers the days when MSG shows had single-digit lotto odds). I don’t know what connection - if any - there is between the club getting more tickets and TM running the lotto (and of course, there’s no excuse in 2024 for Ticketmaster not to be able to run a lottery with priorities or other constraints), but it does seem to me that we’re better off as a group than we used to be. I know that’s not much of a comfort to people who lost this year (or the people who claim to never have won ever), but hopefully you’ll get ‘em next year.
    I agree and I said it earlier myself. This is way better than the days of sitting at your computer at 10am (assuming you aren't stuck at work) and mashing F5 for hours on end.

But, I also agree that the system is far from perfect. It's painful to see people so happy about getting 6 GA shows when your shut out of everything and I tend to believe with as much money as ticketmaster makes, they can afford a system that could call some of that into effect to make it a more "even" draw across the board.

However, with that being said. I'm excited for those that get to attend multiple shows and I will find a way into the building somehow!
    In some aspects it’s worse than F5 because then you might have had to F5 for a day, but now there’s going to be people F5ing fan2fan for months.
  • TL56865TL56865 Posts: 32
    Long time 10C member since 94. Lapsed in 98 and reestablished in 00. I put in for GA for Philly N1. It's the singular request I made and I was lucky to get it. 

Been to about 25 shows since 1995 and so excited to take my 13 year old daughter, who has fallen in love with PJ all on her own. Reliving the music with her for the last few months has been awesome and I can't wait to get into the pit with her!
  • bootleg said:
    BSully said:
    tdawe said:
    Sarava said:
    I feel bad for the people that struck out. Now, if they chose not to select P2 in shows that that was an option, then that failure is on them. That's looking at many of the Vegas strikeouts mostly.

For the east coast - it feels like there's less complaints than usual. But there always are people that miss out and that sucks. Unless they start doing 4 or 5 MSG show runs - there probably isn't a better solution.
    When people hit GA to both Philly shows and others are shutout all together there is an issue
    I’ve been trying to stay out of this over the last few days, but I agree with this. People who got shut out of multi-show cities while others hit both have a right to be pissed. Clearly they had the technical means to impose a one-show-only rule for MSG, so they probably should have also done so for Philly at least, and maybe also the stadiums, Seattle and Vegas (I haven’t been following it that closely).

I guess the flip side is: the only reason I can fathom for them not limiting the non-NY cities is that they thought they had enough tickets to meet the demand. Clearly they were wrong, but it does appear to be true that since 2020, they’ve gotten way more seats for us than they ever did in the past (everyone who’s been referencing their long tenure in the club surely remembers the days when MSG shows had single-digit lotto odds). I don’t know what connection - if any - there is between the club getting more tickets and TM running the lotto (and of course, there’s no excuse in 2024 for Ticketmaster not to be able to run a lottery with priorities or other constraints), but it does seem to me that we’re better off as a group than we used to be. I know that’s not much of a comfort to people who lost this year (or the people who claim to never have won ever), but hopefully you’ll get ‘em next year.
    I agree and I said it earlier myself. This is way better than the days of sitting at your computer at 10am (assuming you aren't stuck at work) and mashing F5 for hours on end.

But, I also agree that the system is far from perfect. It's painful to see people so happy about getting 6 GA shows when your shut out of everything and I tend to believe with as much money as ticketmaster makes, they can afford a system that could call some of that into effect to make it a more "even" draw across the board.

However, with that being said. I'm excited for those that get to attend multiple shows and I will find a way into the building somehow!
    In some aspects it’s worse than F5 because then you might have had to F5 for a day, but now there’s going to be people F5ing fan2fan for months.
    I'm already doing that for Indy, lol
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    Been reading the comments of this thread and I've come to a conclusion. And this is coming from a long time member and someone who lost out on shows in my hometown this go around. I really hope some prominent 10c organizers or even some band members read some of the comments on this thread. Not to come together and find a solution on how to impossibly make everyone happy about this ticket lottery. Nooo, but to realize they are missing the mark on a future merch idea............. you win some, you lose some people. Some of you are acting like entitled whiny little babies. Get over it already
    Well, that’s fine and dandy, but I don’t think any Ten Club member should strikeout on their own home show if they live there and are in the club. People flying in shouldn’t have preference over someone who actually lives in the city. It just seems jacked up that you can’t get a ticket in your own backyard. 🤷‍♂️ 
    So, the people that have NEVER had a home show and have to travel to every show are to be considered less than deserving of a seat.  Hmmm, yeah no.  Be happy that you COULD get a home show that's more than some of us can even hope for.
    I didn’t say that, but people that live in that city should be able to get a Ten Club ticket to a show in their own backyard. There would still be tickets left. They have done that in the past with club shows. LOCALS FIRST!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    edited February 21
    PJammin' said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    Been reading the comments of this thread and I've come to a conclusion. And this is coming from a long time member and someone who lost out on shows in my hometown this go around. I really hope some prominent 10c organizers or even some band members read some of the comments on this thread. Not to come together and find a solution on how to impossibly make everyone happy about this ticket lottery. Nooo, but to realize they are missing the mark on a future merch idea............. you win some, you lose some people. Some of you are acting like entitled whiny little babies. Get over it already
    Well, that’s fine and dandy, but I don’t think any Ten Club member should strikeout on their own home show if they live there and are in the club. People flying in shouldn’t have preference over someone who actually lives in the city. It just seems jacked up that you can’t get a ticket in your own backyard. 🤷‍♂️ 
    So, the people that have NEVER had a home show and have to travel to every show are to be considered less than deserving of a seat.  Hmmm, yeah no.  Be happy that you COULD get a home show that's more than some of us can even hope for.
    I didn’t say that, but people that live in that city should be able to get a Ten Club ticket to a show in their own backyard. There would still be tickets left. They have done that in the past with club shows. LOCALS FIRST!
    I can't really get on board with that sentiment when they're playing 25 cities on a world tour. They are clearly a destination/travel band at this point, and if they're gonna force people into traveling then that can't mean also rewarding people who happen to live near a show too. FWIW I struck out in Detroit 2014 which is probably the last time I'll ever get a 'local' show too. That's just how lotteries work, sadly.
    Post edited by BV84003 on
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    The band is quite generous with shows in my home town and I am not on board with favoring people with certain addresses. I had to scramble for tixx for the 2nd day the last couple of arena runs. It is what it is - people like to travel.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    When it says select all options for better chances… you select all boxes!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • BV84003 said:
    PJammin' said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    I can't really get on board with that sentiment when they're playing 25 cities on a world tour. They are clearly a destination/travel band at this point, and if they're gonna force people into traveling then that can't mean also rewarding people who happen to live near a show too. FWIW I struck out in Detroit 2014 which is probably the last time I'll ever get a 'local' show too. That's just how lotteries work, sadly.
    Agreed! Holt? I grew up in Lansing, small world :) 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    This. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    BV84003 said:
    PJammin' said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    Very! Also grew up (and work) in Lansing lol. Grand Ledge and MSU alum here. I never flew too far from the coop haha
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    100%
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Except that's not what it said. "Multiple seat preferences," not "all options."
  • BV84003 said:
    BV84003 said:
    PJammin' said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    Very! Also grew up (and work) in Lansing lol. Grand Ledge and MSU alum here. I never flew too far from the coop haha
    Yeah, I went to Everett class 96: old. My s/o is an MSU alum: Go Green! Moved to GR/Allendale over the last 6 years after putting in time in Florida: UCF. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    PJammin' said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    Not feasible. How many 10c members are in the NYC metro area? Enough to fill MSG several times over I'd imagine 
  • PJeffPJeff Posts: 13
    It would be nice if they could somehow do a weighted draw where the each show you get chosen for reduces the odds that you get picked for subsequent draws. That should help reduce the instances of some people getting 7 shows and some getting shut out.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    PJeff said:
    It would be nice if they could somehow do a weighted draw where the each show you get chosen for reduces the odds that you get picked for subsequent draws. That should help reduce the instances of some people getting 7 shows and some getting shut out.
    You mean like picking your priorities ;)

• GlowGirl said:
    PJeff said:
    You mean like picking your priorities ;)

Lmao
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,338
    SCH said:
    BF25394 said:
    SCH said:
    4 friends of mine. 20 years each in fan club . none on us  get MSG.. we get lottery than seniority but wtf tenclub.
     meanwhile " I signed up last month and got 10 shows" there  must be a better algorithm next time
    You acknowledge that seniority does not have anything to do with being selected in the lottery, but then you ask the Ten Club WTF because you and your friends did not get tickets despite your long tenure in the club while a fictional club member who signed up last month got ten shows. You realize that this is completely illogical, right?
    Spread the wealth ... that's the point.. there's no fiction on fan members ,  .. there's no illogical ... if you win the first two then you chances go down on the next etc ... simple ... but whatever 
    There is no actual fan club member that I am aware of-- maybe they're on Facebook-- that signed up last month and got ten shows. That's why I described them as fictional.

You're still missing the point. You expressed exasperation with the Ten Club for not enforcing seniority priorities that have never existed and were not in place for this lottery. The system has never taken seniority into account with respect to whether a person gets tickets.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    How do you know that this person only put in for these ten shows?
    Oh no, maybe they went 10/12 or 10/14. Poor them. Yet I am supposed to accept this system as fair when my wife and I both went 0-4
    Fairness can be measured by opportunity, or by outcome. It's clear where you stand on that. Meanwhile, there have been two instances reported in the lottery thread of people going ten-for-ten. This one would make three, if they were indeed ten-for-ten.
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    GA/P1 - feels like its own GA only option.  The GA pit is a different color.
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Correct

It is possible that the Reserved P1 in option one refers to the seats on the floor, while the Reserved P1 in option two refers to the sections in the lower bowl of the arena (with Reserved P2 being the sections in the upper bowl of the arena).

I speculated earlier that there were no doubt people who did not choose all three options and that this would result in better chances of those people being shut out, and this thread is proving that assertion right. People may have had different reasons for not checking all three boxes. Some preferred getting no ticket to getting a ticket in P2. Some did not read the instructions. Some did not understand the instructions. Some did not believe the instructions. Whatever the reason, the result is that some people who would have gotten tickets if they had selected all three options ended up not getting tickets.
    Reasonable response. I agree that the instructions were confusing or perhaps illogical, but I followed them anyway. My 2 shows had only the first 2 options. I chose both options and got Reserved for both shows. 
    Just to be clear, because you're using the word "agree"-- I don't think the instructions were confusing or illogical. I thought they were clear, and so did both of the other club members I talked to before submitting my requests.
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    I'm always skeptical of things like this. It's pretty easy to fake this. 
    Stop it. I've seen people I trust who hit 9-10 shows 
    Newfie and I have finally found common ground. Thinking that people are lying or faking screenshots is just another conspiracy theory.
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    PJammin' said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJammin' said:
    I appreciate your passion.
    LOCALS FIRST!
    Sounds like a rallying cry from a bad 80's movie where the outside developer is trying to buy our ski hill.
    What is next in the illegal discrimination?  Nobody over six foot tall or maybe no red heads. 
    Please try to be happy that you get opportunities for a local show at all.  I'm sure you can figure out a way to get in the door and still sleep in your own bed.  Have patience and persistence to match your passion and you will get in.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • At this point I’m waiting for my rejection email. So disappointing to see people get multiple shows and I can’t get one 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 829
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    How do you know that this person only put in for these ten shows?
    Oh no, maybe they went 10/12 or 10/14. Poor them. Yet I am supposed to accept this system as fair when my wife and I both went 0-4
    Fairness can be measured by opportunity, or by outcome. It's clear where you stand on that. Meanwhile, there have been two instances reported in the lottery thread of people going ten-for-ten. This one would make three, if they were indeed ten-for-ten.
    I went 8 for 10 (7 P1 and 1 GA in Missoula) and one of the two I missed was the night I couldn't get at MSG. The thing is all I really wanted was 1 or 2 GA where I could swap with a ticket buddy on the other night (LA, LV, MSG, or Philly). So, I didn't actually get the tickets I wanted despite winning the lottery 8 times.
  • BF25394 said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    I'm always skeptical of things like this. It's pretty easy to fake this. 
    Stop it. I've seen people I trust who hit 9-10 shows 
    Newfie and I have finally found common ground. Thinking that people are lying or faking screenshots is just another conspiracy theory.
    Finally! Let's have a beer in celebration.