Options

Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    jburden007jburden007 Battle Ground, WA Posts: 14
    Hello everyone! 
    If I didn’t get my ten club tickets to the shows I wanted to go to, is there a way to buy from a fellow member? If they don’t want theirs that is? 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited February 24
    BF25394 said:
    I'm sure the band is aware of the prices that were set. What I was questioning was that the band is micromanaging prices like the purported 50-euro price drop.

I have no idea... I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if at least a member or two of the band feel an interest in how the shows are selling, and are in the loop. I know that if I were them, I'd be VERY interested about being unable to sell tickets for the European shows, so therefore it wouldn't be surprising if they were talking to a staff member about the situation and stuff. Sales that poor are kind of a big deal. This is their main job after all. From what I've gathered from interviews, they don't just step back and pay no attention to what is going on with the business of the band. Not to mention that it has a direct connection to how much money they will make. I really haven't met a human so far who isn't interested in that. That said, I'm sure it is someone else who works for them who is actually making shit happen. Like, no, Jeff isn't on the phone with someone at ticketmaster discussing tix prices, LOL.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I received an email confirming for N2 Chicago, but still no further followups on location.  Anyone get theirs for this show yet?
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 369
    edited February 25
    BB111227 said:
    I received an email confirming for N2 Chicago, but still no further followups on location.  Anyone get theirs for this show yet?
    Email the support address. I had that issue with Vegas N1 and they had to fix something on their side for the seat assignment to come through. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,394
    BB111227 said:
    Check your Ticketmaster account. They should be viewable in there.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    goldenegg said:
    BB111227 said:
    Email the support address. I had that issue with Vegas N1 and they had to fix something on their side for the seat assignment to come through. 
    Poncier said:
    BB111227 said:
    Oh boy, I did both and support just sent me to the PJ faq link.  Tickets are not in my account either, but I did get the confirmation email.  Officially concerned.
  • Options
    evilkimmelevilkimmel Washington State Posts: 8
    chalon said:
    I'm not mad at the cost. I'm still mad I balked at paying to see Temple of the Dog at the Paramount. I just do not understand why they gave me access to Portland. I should have just not mentioned it and just asked for Seattle. Again, this is all my fault as I was a member from 1994-2010 and "things" happen and I did not rejoin until last year. Anyway, I'll just keep asking about the F2F thing. I go to shows by myself so I should be able to find one closer to the show date. For now, I have to finish student-teaching before I can go at all! 
    There was no priority for the 10C tickets, so getting Portland had no impact on you not getting Seattle. Seattle was just much higher demand since it’s their home town and the last shows on the leg.

Also seniority doesn’t matter for getting selected — it only matters if you are selected for seats, seniority gives you better seats.
    Wait. You mean the band I've followed since "Alive" was available in select cases of Coca-Cola, is from Seattle, a city I lived in for 20 years before I came to Eastern WA two years ago to finish school? You're kidding me! I am pretty sure since Portland is closer to me and I put it down as another option, that is why it was offered to me. Which, I may still go to! And more to my point, I was just unfamiliar with the process, gatekeeper. And I am aware that seniority gets you better seats....or did you not see the part where I was a FAN CLUB MEMBER IN THE EARLIER YEARS! (Go to the Tampa 2000 bootleg, when Sleight of Hand starts, that's me yelling "YES!") 

Jesus man, you could have just said "Good luck and wait for the F2F to open!". 

What I am really wondering is, it's MAY!!! Why are they not playing Safeco or Qwest???? (That is what they are called. I do not care what they are called now.)
  • Options
    evilkimmelevilkimmel Washington State Posts: 8
    Hello everyone! 
    If I didn’t get my ten club tickets to the shows I wanted to go to, is there a way to buy from a fellow member? If they don’t want theirs that is? 

I'm trying to navigate that myself. I'll try to update as I get more information. This is my "Graduation Gift" to myself (I haven't been back to Seattle in 2 years and it was Night 2 in 2018 where I thought "Wait. Maybe I should go back to school and be a teacher finally." so, this would bring it full circle as I get my degree in June! Good luck! 
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    edited February 25
    chalon said:
    I'm not mad at the cost. I'm still mad I balked at paying to see Temple of the Dog at the Paramount. I just do not understand why they gave me access to Portland. I should have just not mentioned it and just asked for Seattle. Again, this is all my fault as I was a member from 1994-2010 and "things" happen and I did not rejoin until last year. Anyway, I'll just keep asking about the F2F thing. I go to shows by myself so I should be able to find one closer to the show date. For now, I have to finish student-teaching before I can go at all! 
    There was no priority for the 10C tickets, so getting Portland had no impact on you not getting Seattle. Seattle was just much higher demand since it’s their home town and the last shows on the leg.

Also seniority doesn’t matter for getting selected — it only matters if you are selected for seats, seniority gives you better seats.
    Wait. You mean the band I've followed since "Alive" was available in select cases of Coca-Cola, is from Seattle, a city I lived in for 20 years before I came to Eastern WA two years ago to finish school? You're kidding me! I am pretty sure since Portland is closer to me and I put it down as another option, that is why it was offered to me. Which, I may still go to! And more to my point, I was just unfamiliar with the process, gatekeeper. And I am aware that seniority gets you better seats....or did you not see the part where I was a FAN CLUB MEMBER IN THE EARLIER YEARS! (Go to the Tampa 2000 bootleg, when Sleight of Hand starts, that's me yelling "YES!") 

What I am really wondering is, it's MAY!!! Why are they not playing Safeco or Qwest???? (That is what they are called. I do not care what they are called now.)
    I feel like you’re not listening. I’m not trying to gate keep you, and I’m not questioning your fandom. I’m just explaining to you that your statement that you think the reason you got Portland was because you’re closer than to Seattle is 100% not how the draw worked. Each show was drawn entirely independently of each other show. The fact that you won Portland had 0 impact on the fact that you didn’t win Seattle.

As for the other venues, the Mariners are playing at home the entire week so Safeco isn’t available. There’s an MLS game on 29th so they wouldn’t want to setup and then tear down. They maybe could’ve worked around the MLS game by changing the dates slightly, I guess.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    chalon said:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    larisimolarisimo Global Cosmopolitan Posts: 45
    PJ getting roasted on social for the price of tix and the MASTER of TICKETS collab...sad to see
    "He who forgets...will be destined to remember..." +100 PJ shows...
  • Options
    TK694TK694 Posts: 4
    Sadly, after being a fan club member since 1994, being a fan club member no longer gets you at least 2 tickets to a show and at a fair price.  I came off the waitlist on Friday for one of the 5 shows I registered for (Philly 9/9).  The best seats I was offered tickets for were in the first seating section off of the floor seating/pit in the 4th to last row stage left for $667 PER TICKET!  That is disgusting and I have lost A LOT of respect for the band.  This was the band I grew up with and if I had to say when asked the most important music in my life it would be PJ.  I am happy to pay more because of the costs increases the last few years, the wages of all the tour workers, etc. $200/250 per ticket, $400-500 for 2 great seats would be steep, but I'd pay that. But $1334 for 2 tickets?  No thanks, not enriching already wealthy "artists".    
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,470
    larisimo said:
    PJ getting roasted on social for the price of tix and the MASTER of TICKETS collab...sad to see
    Sad that people haven't turned their calendars over in 30 years?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,511
    TK694 said:
    Sadly, after being a fan club member since 1994, being a fan club member no longer gets you at least 2 tickets to a show and at a fair price.  I came off the waitlist on Friday for one of the 5 shows I registered for (Philly 9/9).  The best seats I was offered tickets for were in the first seating section off of the floor seating/pit in the 4th to last row stage left for $667 PER TICKET!  That is disgusting and I have lost A LOT of respect for the band.  This was the band I grew up with and if I had to say when asked the most important music in my life it would be PJ.  I am happy to pay more because of the costs increases the last few years, the wages of all the tour workers, etc. $200/250 per ticket, $400-500 for 2 great seats would be steep, but I'd pay that. But $1334 for 2 tickets?  No thanks, not enriching already wealthy "artists".    
    There’s a lot wrong with the current system, but to be fair, the fan club has nothing to do with the PJ Premium tickets or the verified sale.  The fan club draw was earlier in the process.  Not everyone got tickets, but all fan club draw tickets were at standard price.  It does suck that Live Nation/TM have taken more and more good seats away from Ten Club and into the Premium inventory, but that isn’t the Ten Club’s fault.  Just some facts for ya. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    TK694 said:
    There’s a lot wrong with the current system, but to be fair, the fan club has nothing to do with the PJ Premium tickets or the verified sale.  The fan club draw was earlier in the process.  Not everyone got tickets, but all fan club draw tickets were at standard price.  It does suck that Live Nation/TM have taken more and more good seats away from Ten Club and into the Premium inventory, but that isn’t the Ten Club’s fault.  Just some facts for ya. 
    It is the bands fault though. They DO get a say in how TM conduct the sale & pricing. Bands can say a firm NO to dynamic pricing, making sure prices don't go crazy. Like The Cure did for instance.
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 326
    Yes, and they could mention that 10C tickets also mean sections with obstructed view.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,511
    JABK said:
    Yes, and they could mention that 10C tickets also mean sections with obstructed view.
    Not disclosing obstructions is an issue for sure.  It’s a different issue than this though.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 838
    Did anyone get 10c seats for Manchester? Curious about locations people got?

I've been a member for about 20 years, and in section 108 at the back.

Got decent blocks for the Barcelona shows - 105 & 122 - but obviously still not as good as the usual 10c blocks.

Did anyone else gets Barcelona seats?
    I got 10C seats for Manchester in block 103 so not too bad actually, member 15+ years 
    Member since 2003 and I got Block 111.   In 09 and 2012 at MEN my Manchester 10c seats were in first 5 rows of what is Block 102 at this new venue.   Very disappointed and quite surprised to be further away than newer members but glad for anyone who got great seats.  

• Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 838
    Did anyone get 10c seats for Manchester? Curious about locations people got?

I've been a member for about 20 years, and in section 108 at the back.

Got decent blocks for the Barcelona shows - 105 & 122 - but obviously still not as good as the usual 10c blocks.

Did anyone else gets Barcelona seats?
    Member since 2003 and I got block 111.  Very strange.  In 09 and 12 I got the equivalent of Block 102 at MEN.  Something is wrong. I emailed 10c but no reply.  
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the tickets for Dublin have been sent out to ticketmaster accounts yet? I've received my tickets for the U.S. shows but not Dublin.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,432
    I'm looking for 2 decent lower tier seats for Manchester as my partner has decide she wants to come now!

I have cash and a single GA ticket I won in the 10c lottery so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    TenJamsTenJams Posts: 9
    This is a great listen for those blaming TM for pricing.  Alan Cross debunks many assumptions about pricing. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1EZZFKW7eeFdkMbqKqs8rd?si=MkXalkzBQF2VIi7scxllMw

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3llGoYu02sXmdXo80MOSuw?si=OxtGWlDCSESRoh8f9_Cq-A
  • Options
    beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    tino_11 said:
    Its_Imbas said:
    I’m hoping all of those who are feeling disappointed will have their spirits lifted as it get closer to show time. There have been so many good points made on this thread. Preaching patience in procurement of tix is Grand Prix.
    Are they expensive; sure , but if this live experience is one of our collectively most cherished moments
    Isn’t it worth the tax
    Great post. People need to voice their frustration and I think with time passing we’ll focus on the shows not the cost (unless you’ve been priced out of course). Hopefully positivity from the new album sets us up for a great tour!
    i'm sure we'll enjoy the show and i'm very much looking forward to the album. yet that doesn't mean i'll leave my ethics at the door. i don't like people being taken advantage of this way. "fans" are easy targets anyway, they tend to pay whatever it takes to "not miss out" and "experience cherished moments". people are frustrated/disappointed for a reason - this is a fcked up system and i'm glad lots of people don't support it. the only tiny chance to change anything,
  • Options
    beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    JABK said:
    Yes, I was hoping that 10C tickets for Waldbühne would've been a little bit better than section E2 (possible obstructed view)...but then again that section is closest to the stage. So if I see the band and the sound is good I'm a 100% sure I'm going to be super stoked. Plus I'm going with a friend who is a new fan and has never seen PJ before.
    those are pretty good seats! the view doesn't seem very obstructed https://youtu.be/rRGjNxGEzU8?feature=shared&t=394 we got GA, but if i knew the 10C seats were in this area, i would have chosen the seats :) hope you'll enjoy the show!
  • Options
    VespertineSunVespertineSun Seattle, WA Posts: 45
    Poncier said:
    BB111227 said:
    The tickets are available in an MLB account. Not sure if they are also in Ticketmaster. I had to create a MLB account. Got tickets for night 2.
    Be sound.
  • Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 73
    BB111227 said:
    goldenegg said:
    BB111227 said:
    Poncier said:
    BB111227 said:
    Oh boy, I did both and support just sent me to the PJ faq link.  Tickets are not in my account either, but I did get the confirmation email.  Officially concerned.
    Were you charged for the tickets?
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    magindublinmagindublin Barcelona Posts: 9
    Anyone know if band or representatives has commented anything about the criticism from the fans regarding ticket prices?
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 326
    Anyone know if band or representatives has commented anything about the criticism from the fans regarding ticket prices?
    Don't know, but I just sent an email to Ten Club. Not to complain about the ticket prices, but putting Ten Club members in sections with obstructed view in Berlin for the same full price.
  • Options
    Maybe PJ will have to cancel the EU tour? With these ticket sales they will lose money coming here.  
    They can come back next year with a proper EU tour, announced on time and with normal prices. 
    PJ wont lost money.
    Livenation may could. But i really doubt
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    I just got a 2nd email today reminding me Barcelona tickets are on sale. Not sure if they are automated but I don't remember two emails like that in 3 days for other shows so maybe they are panicking a bit. 

Also wait until fan to fan opens and TM sells their tickets for a lot less due to poor sales and fans won't be able to do the same. Going to be a lot of pissed off people out there. 

Can you transfer some of the European shows?