Options

Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    JayBar said:
    Hi, has all the seating assignments gone out for 10c members for Wrigley N1? I haven't gotten anything yet but its confirmed and money was taken. Thoughts? I am new at this... lol
    Check your TM account
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Zen23 said:
    When you realize that you've made a huge mistake and after less than 12 hours of presale you adjust your prices downwards by 50 euros. Fifty! They'd better do that for the entire upper tier if they want to play to a sold-out house in Berlin. Unfortunately, this all comes 12 hours too late. The damage has already been done. 
    Who's the "you" here? Do you think that the band is holed up in a conference room making these decisions in real time?

Well no but I think it would be fair to suggest, that the representatives that they have elected to sell their tickets for their shows on their behalf, are.
  • Options
    PU38569PU38569 Posts: 260
    insane price gouging on this tour

what have this band become

absolutely unconscionable 

fundamentally at odds with the values they profess and depend on for credibility

absolutely shameful
    This is a birthday pony
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    JJWGator said:
    I just don't understand why its so damn hard for them to get it right. When i registered for 10C presale here were not any stadium maps of the seating. I selected Reserved P1 and Pit. I was lucky enough to get Vegas 2 nights, Montana, and then Wrigley 2 nights. When the tickets finally showed up in TM both night in Vegas and Chicago where nose bleed; for $200 each. What a disappointment. I live in Florida and will already be in Vegas for a conference so no big deal, but I wouldn't have paid $200 for the highest section. NO problem on Montana even though i was expecting Pit. Chicago is a mess. I would have never paid that amount of money for shitty seats. So misleading. I expected P1 reserved to be floor seats. Why would nose bleed and Pit be the same cost? Makes no sense and I highly disappointed. IM happy to have any tickets to any show, but when you've been mislead its such a punch in the stomach. They should show the section that you'd be getting and the cost. Why would anyone think that for the same price, as a 22 year 10C member and a paying member, that your tickets could range from the Pit to Section 305 where they sell baseball tickets for $30? So dishonest. 
    Yes there were. Every link to register included a map of the venue and what tix were available in 10C sale. Pit in pink, P1 in blue and P2 in orange.
    Not sure how you missed it in registering for 5 different shows.
    Maybe that's true for some venues, but not all. Sacramento through 10C gave the option to select "Pit and Reserved P1", which was all the floor and the lower tier seated sections OR "P2", which was upper deck nosebleed sections.  So while it didn't appear you'd end up with upper tier nosebleed without selecting it, you couldn't select "Pit" by itself (like you could in 2020) and your 10C tickets out of the "Pit and Reserved P1" section might have been in the Pit, or on the floor, or near the back of the floor on the upper side of the first tier.  I figured being not a super long 10C member but long enough to get Pit tickets everywhere last round and only asking for one show, I'd end up with pretty decent seats.  Maybe Pit, maybe floor.  Certainly not 15 rows up near the back of the floor.  
  • Options
    MJ240670MJ240670 Posts: 14
    lpbailey said:
    Poncier said:
    JJWGator said:
    I just don't understand why its so damn hard for them to get it right. When i registered for 10C presale here were not any stadium maps of the seating. I selected Reserved P1 and Pit. I was lucky enough to get Vegas 2 nights, Montana, and then Wrigley 2 nights. When the tickets finally showed up in TM both night in Vegas and Chicago where nose bleed; for $200 each. What a disappointment. I live in Florida and will already be in Vegas for a conference so no big deal, but I wouldn't have paid $200 for the highest section. NO problem on Montana even though i was expecting Pit. Chicago is a mess. I would have never paid that amount of money for shitty seats. So misleading. I expected P1 reserved to be floor seats. Why would nose bleed and Pit be the same cost? Makes no sense and I highly disappointed. IM happy to have any tickets to any show, but when you've been mislead its such a punch in the stomach. They should show the section that you'd be getting and the cost. Why would anyone think that for the same price, as a 22 year 10C member and a paying member, that your tickets could range from the Pit to Section 305 where they sell baseball tickets for $30? So dishonest. 
    Yes there were. Every link to register included a map of the venue and what tix were available in 10C sale. Pit in pink, P1 in blue and P2 in orange.
    Not sure how you missed it in registering for 5 different shows.
    Maybe that's true for some venues, but not all. Sacramento through 10C gave the option to select "Pit and Reserved P1", which was all the floor and the lower tier seated sections OR "P2", which was upper deck nosebleed sections.  So while it didn't appear you'd end up with upper tier nosebleed without selecting it, you couldn't select "Pit" by itself (like you could in 2020) and your 10C tickets out of the "Pit and Reserved P1" section might have been in the Pit, or on the floor, or near the back of the floor on the upper side of the first tier.  I figured being not a super long 10C member but long enough to get Pit tickets everywhere last round and only asking for one show, I'd end up with pretty decent seats.  Maybe Pit, maybe floor.  Certainly not 15 rows up near the back of the floor.  
    Did you get tickets for Sacramento. I did. Floor/section H. I signed up for Lower level.

• Options
    Nharv344Nharv344 Posts: 21
    edited February 24
    Not gonna lie, other than the insane prices, it's sad to see tickets closer to the stage available on TM, yet as a 10 Club member I'm all the way in the back on the floor. How are floor seats in the back considered 'best' by 10 club standards?

• Options
    JayBarJayBar Posts: 10
    Thanks schaefferlax! I did look there just now. Not seeing anything. I  got my confirmation email from the 10c, but not the follow up to claim my tickets yet. Maybe I will be the last to get one...lol.
  • Options
    evilkimmelevilkimmel Washington State Posts: 8
    JR1975 said:
    Does anyone know if they send out a notification when the F2F starts and we can post tickets we want to sell? Or do we just have to periodically check it? Have P1 tickets to Portland and Seattle N2 that will need to sell.
    I would LOVE a Seattle night two ticket. I got access for Portland, but that is the week my final work on my Masters starts, and the Seattle show is when I am winding down on it. I only want one ticket.
  • Options
    evilkimmelevilkimmel Washington State Posts: 8
    How does F2F work? I am really hoping for a Night Two Seattle ticket for just myself. I have access to buy in Portland, but, I have not been "home" to Seattle since I started Grad School in May of 2022. I can't afford the $400 Ticketmaster wants for what is left. I really don't care where I sit. Hell, I'll sit in the wings on a folding chair. I'm sorry, I just am not sure how this all works anymore.
  • Options
    macataemacatae Posts: 73
    10c using TM as the official supplier is a huge mistake as they have such a monopoly on tickets sales at all these venues why change from the 10c system that worked so well? Could they not just increase the numbers and on the floor fence off the front pit like they used to at shows. Many fans are furious at the excessive prices and the shambles of the sales system.  to see empty seats because of greed is shameful. 
    Berlin 30/06/10, Amsterdam 26/06/12, Amsterdam 27/06/12, Berlin 4/07/12, Berlin 5/07/12 Brooklyn NYC 18/10/13, Brooklyn NYC 19/10/13, Philadelphia 21/10/13, Philadelphia 22/10/13, Amsterdam 16/06/14, Amsterdam 17/06/14, Vienna 25/06/14, Berlin 26/06/14, Amsterdam 12/06/18, Amsterdam 13/06/18, London 18/06/18, Prague 01/07/18, Berlin 05/07/18, Barcelona 10/07/18, Berlin 21/06/22, Zurich 23/06/22, Copenhagen 5/07/22, Budapest 12/07/22, Amsterdam 25/07/22
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,908
    macatae said:
    10c using TM as the official supplier is a huge mistake as they have such a monopoly on tickets sales at all these venues why change from the 10c system that worked so well? Could they not just increase the numbers and on the floor fence off the front pit like they used to at shows. Many fans are furious at the excessive prices and the shambles of the sales system.  to see empty seats because of greed is shameful. 
    Live Nation owns the venues, and the venues are contracted with Ticketmaster (a Live Nation subsidiary) to sell and distribute the tickets. The tickets allocated by the Ten Club on the prior tour were still through Ticketmaster. The band works out an arrangement with Ticketmaster to get access to those tickets for its fan club, but they're still sold and administered by Ticketmaster. That's why they could only be resold on Ticketmaster's F2F platform which, again, is a concession Pearl Jam negotiated with Ticketmaster to protect fans.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    BF25394 said:
    macatae said:
    Live Nation owns the venues, and the venues are contracted with Ticketmaster (a Live Nation subsidiary) to sell and distribute the tickets. The tickets allocated by the Ten Club on the prior tour were still through Ticketmaster. The band works out an arrangement with Ticketmaster to get access to those tickets for its fan club, but they're still sold and administered by Ticketmaster. That's why they could only be resold on Ticketmaster's F2F platform which, again, is a concession Pearl Jam negotiated with Ticketmaster to protect fans.
    Just to clarify, Live Nation doesn’t actually “own” most of the venues, but most major venues do have a deal with Live Nation to be their exclusive promoters. So technicalities aside, the point still is valid. There is literally no way to run a major arena tour in the US anymore without contracting with Ticketmaster/Live Nation.
  • Options
    FYI it seems like as of 6PM pacific you can buy LA tickets without needing to be invited to the presale. I was able to get some face value in the upper sections, which works for me because I will need to do an ADA reseat at the venue anyway.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,908
    chalon said:
    BF25394 said:
    macatae said:
    Just to clarify, Live Nation doesn’t actually “own” most of the venues, but most major venues do have a deal with Live Nation to be their exclusive promoters. So technicalities aside, the point still is valid. There is literally no way to run a major arena tour in the US anymore without contracting with Ticketmaster/Live Nation.
    They do own quite a few venues-- typically smaller ones-- but, yes, it would have been better to say that they "operate" the venues.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    chalon said:
    BF25394 said:
    macatae said:
    They do own quite a few venues-- typically smaller ones-- but, yes, it would have been better to say that they "operate" the venues.
    Good point — they do own lots of smaller venues.
  • Options
    fafane45fafane45 Posts: 90
    For MSG the only tickets remaining are being sold 900 1900 USD

• Options
    DM25481DM25481 Posts: 1
    Anyone have info on how the F2F sales work?  Echoing others, tickets available on TM are $600+.  Is there a specific exchange link to follow on TM? 
  • Options
    I’m hoping all of those who are feeling disappointed will have their spirits lifted as it get closer to show time. There have been so many good points made on this thread. Preaching patience in procurement of tix is Grand Prix.
    Are they expensive; sure , but if this live experience is one of our collectively most cherished moments
    Isn’t it worth the tax
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 329
    Yes, I was hoping that 10C tickets for Waldbühne would've been a little bit better than section E2 (possible obstructed view)...but then again that section is closest to the stage. So if I see the band and the sound is good I'm a 100% sure I'm going to be super stoked. Plus I'm going with a friend who is a new fan and has never seen PJ before.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,038
    Its_Imbas said:
    I’m hoping all of those who are feeling disappointed will have their spirits lifted as it get closer to show time. There have been so many good points made on this thread. Preaching patience in procurement of tix is Grand Prix.
    Are they expensive; sure , but if this live experience is one of our collectively most cherished moments
    Isn’t it worth the tax
    Great post. People need to voice their frustration and I think with time passing we’ll focus on the shows not the cost (unless you’ve been priced out of course). Hopefully positivity from the new album sets us up for a great tour!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 278
    tino_11 said:
    Its_Imbas said:
    Isn’t it worth the tax
    Great post. People need to voice their frustration and I think with time passing we’ll focus on the shows not the cost (unless you’ve been priced out of course). Hopefully positivity from the new album sets us up for a great tour!
    This.
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 417
    BF25394 said:
    Zen23 said:
    When you realize that you've made a huge mistake and after less than 12 hours of presale you adjust your prices downwards by 50 euros. Fifty! They'd better do that for the entire upper tier if they want to play to a sold-out house in Berlin. Unfortunately, this all comes 12 hours too late. The damage has already been done. 
    Who's the "you" here? Do you think that the band is holed up in a conference room making these decisions in real time?
    YOU means the people in charge, whoever they are, who have to lower the price by 50 euros after less than 12 hours of presale. 
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 241
    edited February 24
    WHAT I MEANT BY THIS BIT WAS... I HAD A SEPARATE CONVERSATION ABOUT 'PLATINUM', TO SEE IF I HAD MISUNDERSTOOD SOMETHING... BUT I HADN'T! IT IS A GREEDY SCAM - AND ALL ARTISTS HAVE THE CHOICE NOT TO PARTICIPATE... IF NO ARTISTS PARTICIPATED, IT WOULD CEASE TO EXIST X
    ROBERT SMITH
    (WE DIDN’T AGREE TO THE 'DYNAMIC PRICING' / 'PRICE SURGING’ / ‘PLATINUM TICKET' THING... BECAUSE IT IS ITSELF A BIT OF A SCAM? A SEPARATE CONVERSATION!)

this plus $25 t shirts.... these recent CURE concerts were glorious.... 26-29 songs, +/- 3 hours..... just magic! hoping for "an evening with pearl jam 2013 editions..." lol
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    willwallwillwall Posts: 16
    Fair to say the band has overestimated their size/appeal in Europe with those prices.

Very happy to see people sticking to their principles and not buying.

Those people saying the band won’t know what prices are being charged. Are talking about the same band who took Ticketmaster on back in the day….. They’ll know full well what’s being charged.
    Manchester 09, London 10, Manchester 12, IOW 12, Leeds 15, Milton Keynes 15, Amsterdam 18, Rome 18, London 22
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 1,015
    Jesus, just looked at seating plan for Manchester and London and what tickets are available. Must be quite concerning and depressing that London seating looks like barely any seats have sold.
    quite surprising.
    just stick to O2 x 2 and more realistic pricing and this wouldn’t have been an issue.
    hopefully lessons are being learnt.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,432
    Those upper level seats in Manchester have barely moved since yesterday. 

£160 for the very top corner isn't going to get it done. They will surely reduce these tickets soon. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,030
    edited February 24
    Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne got added second shows. I noticed it from a Twitter post by the opening act Pixies. Nothing on PJ socials or here (just added to the tour page quietly)

EDIT: Oh well, I see they have re-tweeted Live Nation posts, but that's it. Nothing on IG or FB.
    Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 1,015
    mrk2 said:
    Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne got added second shows. I noticed it from a Twitter post by the opening act Pixies. Nothing on PJ socials or here (just added to the tour page quietly)

EDIT: Oh well, I see they have re-tweeted Live Nation posts, but that's it. Nothing on IG or FB.
    Even the main sale, I started following ticketmaster, live nation and the venues just incase additional uk dates were announced. But even when they went on sale at 10am none of them posted.  I saw lots of posts at the time for other acts on sale but nothing for Pearl jam until hours later. Even from a social media point of view it seems a bit of a fail.
  • Options
    PinoyPJ said:
    WHAT I MEANT BY THIS BIT WAS... I HAD A SEPARATE CONVERSATION ABOUT 'PLATINUM', TO SEE IF I HAD MISUNDERSTOOD SOMETHING... BUT I HADN'T! IT IS A GREEDY SCAM - AND ALL ARTISTS HAVE THE CHOICE NOT TO PARTICIPATE... IF NO ARTISTS PARTICIPATED, IT WOULD CEASE TO EXIST X
    ROBERT SMITH
    (WE DIDN’T AGREE TO THE 'DYNAMIC PRICING' / 'PRICE SURGING’ / ‘PLATINUM TICKET' THING... BECAUSE IT IS ITSELF A BIT OF A SCAM? A SEPARATE CONVERSATION!)

this plus $25 t shirts.... these recent CURE concerts were glorious.... 26-29 songs, +/- 3 hours..... just magic! hoping for "an evening with pearl jam 2013 editions..." lol
    Correct, I saw them in Leeds & Manchester, picked up a t shirt for £20. The Wembley ticket was about £60, compared to PJ £160, and the PJ prices then were even more factoring in premium / dynamic scamming.

• Options
    magindublinmagindublin Barcelona Posts: 9
    Funny that Barcelona the 6th is still only half sold. I would assume that Monday 8th  is even worse. First time around that I will see a Pearl Jam concert not full? In Spain one of the PJ fan clubs  has made an open letter to the band which has gotten quite a lot of attention.

Does anyone know what the platinum tickets for floor mean? I assume there is no golden circle in Barcelona this year?

Regardless of all the Barcelona arena is great. Indoor and great sound.