Options

Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    Just bought a GA for Barcelona without any ticketmaster code. I did not participate in the 10C lottery as I was a bit disappointed about the No GA only option, but now I will be flying from Amsterdam to Barcelona to see one show this year. Another highlight after U2 at the Sphere two weeks ago!
  • Options
    Mhemm11 said:
    Just a heads up that TM usually releases additional tickets as the show gets closer.  They hold some back to drive up the demand early on.  They also screw the premium ticket holders who are trying to get rid of their tickets by offering better tickets at half of what the premium holders paid.  I have seen TM put tickets at half the price of the original premium person right next to or in front of them in order for the TM tickets to get sold and screw the original premium holder.  I scored tickets to MSG and Camden in 2022 a few days before the shows at around standard face value or a little bit more.  it is just a pain to stalk TM in the days before the show so you will need some patience.
    This! 
    I actually don't think it has anything to do with driving up demand. I think TM has to reserve certain numbers of tickets for the band and their family and friends, and likely for others with relationships with Ticketmaster, the venue, etc. When those aren't claimed, TM releases them back into the wild.
    I scored lower bowl tickets for United Center N2 last year about 2 hours prior to the show. Same price I paid for my 10C N1 tickets up in the rafters.
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • Options
    I am stoked to hear Dark Matter live
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    edited February 23

Post edited by troubledsoulsuniteblog on
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • Options
    AcapulcoGoldAcapulcoGold Houston, TX Posts: 2
    Mhemm11 said:
    Just a heads up that TM usually releases additional tickets as the show gets closer.  They hold some back to drive up the demand early on.  They also screw the premium ticket holders who are trying to get rid of their tickets by offering better tickets at half of what the premium holders paid.  I have seen TM put tickets at half the price of the original premium person right next to or in front of them in order for the TM tickets to get sold and screw the original premium holder.  I scored tickets to MSG and Camden in 2022 a few days before the shows at around standard face value or a little bit more.  it is just a pain to stalk TM in the days before the show so you will need some patience.
    This dude here is doing the lords work!!! Waited a little while and went back and seats through MLB site were CONSIDERABLY lower!!! Got my 4 pack and will see all you cats in Chi-Town!!
  • Options
    ooba Foxooba Fox Posts: 39
    I think I may have lost my 10club Auckland tickets.! Money in account visa, but transaction declined notification from the bank. Been 6 days since money was withdrawn for Melbourne but they never charged my card for Auckland even although the successful email said they charged my card the amount. Anyone else in Australia had the same issue?

Perth 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • Options
    mohallmohall Posts: 1
    So... looking at the tour schedule and knowing that Pearl Jam, as a whole band, haven't played Ohana Fest in a few years, do you think we'll see them add a date for Ohana?
  • Options
    Blue tangoBlue tango Posts: 3
    edited February 23
    Wow. I had my code for the general Ticketmaster and premier sale this mornin for the 5/22 Forum show. Seats two over from the fan club tickets I had last time around were $950. Each. Seats up in the higher side areas were about $500 each. I paid about $250 last time for the fan club lottery ones that were 14th row.
    I'll be watching this one from fan videos. The crappy part is that my 13 year old really wanted to see them for his first concert. But you can't win 'em all.
    "Hahahaha....Ah Meg. You kids and your drugs" Peter from Family Guy
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    Out of curiosity did anyone get off the waitlist for multiple shows? I got access to one of the shows I wanted but still waiting on the other…
  • Options
    Fortytwo42Fortytwo42 Virginia Posts: 2
    I got into the general registration this morning, but ended up being 2,500 + in line, so tickets were all $700 and up each by the time I cleared the queue. Any advice for scoring tickets later on? Do PJ fans end up selling some closer to show date? I last saw PJ in 1996 and would love to see them again. 
  • Options
    November 1995 - Ticket to Pearl Jam in San Jose, CA: $21.50 plus $2.45 service charge
    Nov. 1995 - Gas in California - ~$1.21/gallon
    May 2022 - Ticket to PJ in Oakland, CA: $103 GA Pit via Ten Club  ~4.5X
    May 2022 - Gas in California - $4.77/gallon  ~4X

February 2024 - Ticket to PJ in Sacramento (2022 Sac. was cancelled): $185 for 2/3 of the way up the lower section near the back of the floor via Ten Club.  Floor tickets (standing, not Pit) available right now in "PJ Premium" presale: $861
    Feb. 2024 - Gas in California: $4.47/gallon

WTF happened?!?  How do I get GA Pit through Ten Club 2 years ago for 3 shows (2 cancelled by the band) in Northern California and now my Ten Club gets me some really average at best seats and yet, I'm almost happy about not getting Pit this time because my card would have just been charged, I don't know, $1,800 for two tickets I guess.  As much as live music has been a part of my life and I would see a show weekly if I could, I don't need to ever spend that much money to see live music.  And at least I got what I got through Ten Club because Ticketmaster is slow rolling releases of ticket blocks in the PJ presale as we speak and the tickets around mine are going for $460.  Each.

Does this mean 2023/2024 is the year concerts became an activity for the rich?  I just wanted to take my mom to see PJ once, as I have for 15 years (they just don't play Northern California, except for Bridge School, can't help but think Ed is still angry because X didn't get as good a reception from the crowd as he thought they should have when they opened for PJ in Sacramento in 1998) and be close to the stage.  Oh well.  At least we're going, even if it's binocular territory.  At least I saw all the shows I did when it wasn't like this.  I am truly sorry for fans of PJ or anyone else who are under the age of 25 or 30 that this is your normal.  It just makes me sad this is where we're at with the band I respected for so many years for trying to make sure their fans got first and best access.
  • Options
    lpbailey said:
    November 1995 - Ticket to Pearl Jam in San Jose, CA: $21.50 plus $2.45 service charge

February 2024 - Ticket to PJ in Sacramento (2022 Sac. was cancelled): $185 for 2/3 of the way up the lower section near the back of the floor via Ten Club.  Floor tickets (standing, not Pit) available right now in "PJ Premium" presale: $861

WTF happened?!?  How do I get GA Pit through Ten Club 2 years ago for 3 shows (2 cancelled by the band) in Northern California and now my Ten Club gets me some really average at best seats and yet, I'm almost happy about not getting Pit this time because my card would have just been charged, I don't know, $1,800 for two tickets I guess.  As much as live music has been a part of my life and I would see a show weekly if I could, I don't need to ever spend that much money to see live music.  And at least I got what I got through Ten Club because Ticketmaster is slow rolling releases of ticket blocks in the PJ presale as we speak and the tickets around mine are going for $460.  Each.

Does this mean 2023/2024 is the year concerts became an activity for the rich?  I just wanted to take my mom to see PJ once, as I have for 15 years (they just don't play Northern California, except for Bridge School, can't help but think Ed is still angry because X didn't get as good a reception from the crowd as he thought they should have when they opened for PJ in Sacramento in 1998) and be close to the stage.  Oh well.  At least we're going, even if it's binocular territory.  At least I saw all the shows I did when it wasn't like this.  I am truly sorry for fans of PJ or anyone else who are under the age of 25 or 30 that this is your normal.  It just makes me sad this is where we're at with the band I respected for so many years for trying to make sure their fans got first and best access.
    Real answer to this question: everything has been commoditized and corporate greed has been allowed to run rampant with zero recourse. Sick world we live in and it is definitely not limited to concert tickets. Normal people are getting squeezed out of leisure activities that used to be accessible to the middle class. Another example: ski lift tickets
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    enddemenddem Posts: 53
    lpbailey said:

Real answer to this question: everything has been commoditized and corporate greed has been allowed to run rampant with zero recourse. Sick world we live in and it is definitely not limited to concert tickets. Normal people are getting squeezed out of leisure activities that used to be accessible to the middle class. Another example: ski lift tickets
    +1
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    lpbailey said:

The problem is there are enough people willing and able to pay the prices for concert and skiing and even plane tickets that those selling at those prices have no incentive to charge less. Supply and demand coupled with strong FOMO, esp since Covid and you have crazy prices for all fun things and crazy crowds at everything. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    lpbailey said:

Also, to your last point, I'm 27 and it absolutely blows that this is normal for me. Just have to bite the bullet and convince myself that experiences are worth spending on (which is true, but it's brutal)
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    MD190661 said:
    lpbailey said:

The problem is there are enough people willing and able to pay the prices for concert and skiing and even plane tickets that those selling at those prices have no incentive to charge less. Supply and demand coupled with strong FOMO, esp since Covid and you have crazy prices for all fun things and crazy crowds at everything. 
    Agreed, but I'd argue that this is still a result of the middle class disappearing. My point being, back in 2000, maybe the income distribution of fans at a PJ show would have been a normal bell curve. Now I bet that distribution is skewed very heavily to the right
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,908
    lpbailey said:
    How do I get GA Pit through Ten Club 2 years ago for 3 shows 
    You actually got that ticket four years ago, in 2020, before the show was postponed for two years. In the four years since 2020, there was a pandemic that causes major economic dislocation, including rates of inflation not seen in over forty years. (It also caused great increases in the insurance premiums for live events.) So that's a big part of it.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    I agree that ski lift tickets have gotten insane, and if you're only going for a day, it's wildly expensive.  However, you can buy season passes that give you as many days as you can ski at to up to 40+ different ski areas for ~$950.  I wouldn't pay $860 for a floor ticket for PJ but I might pay $860 if I got good seats to every show on the tour.  I definitely would if I lived back east, considering how many more shows they play there.  Anyone who goes to see live music regularly has known how greedy and terrible Ticketmaster is for 30 years plus now.  Now that they merged with LiveNation it's obvious they are sure there are no brakes and they can do whatever they want.  So much for rules against monopolies.
  • Options
    I was going to post earlier not to trust this process. TM is evil. Why trust them with ticket allocation. They like to create panick and do what they can to get rid of their crappy seats. Of course they'd love to take money and give away average to poor seats.

I've been a TC member since 2002. Put in for every tour basically except this year. Will look for tickets closer to the show or via FNF. No way I'd trust TM to give me "best available".  I want to know my seats before I fork over a ton of cash. Although years ago I was very content in trusting the TC as they always gave us the best seats. Not anymore it seems.

I'll hold onto my membership in case the process changes but for now I'll get tickets on my own. 
  • Options
    Did anyone else submit for Ten Club pre-sale tickets and not hear either way on if they got them or not?! Since I didn't hear anything I went through the Ticketmaster Fan Registration thing this morning for one of the LA shows and the only tickets left were over $500 or nose bleeds for close to $200. WTF?! So disappointing and what the heck is going on? Isn't this what Pearl Jam was fighting against for so long? What's the point of being in the Fan Club?! Sorry All, there's no where else to complain. Time to cancel my membership. Cheers.

Brian Staley
  • Options
    RSS2193RSS2193 Posts: 25
    I was going to post earlier not to trust this process. TM is evil. Why trust them with ticket allocation. They like to create panick and do what they can to get rid of their crappy seats. Of course they'd love to take money and give away average to poor seats.

I've been a TC member since 2002. Put in for every tour basically except this year. Will look for tickets closer to the show or via FNF. No way I'd trust TM to give me "best available".  I want to know my seats before I fork over a ton of cash. Although years ago I was very content in trusting the TC as they always gave us the best seats. Not anymore it seems.

I'll hold onto my membership in case the process changes but for now I'll get tickets on my own. 

Kinda in the same boat. I am going to hold out as well for Fan to Fan and closer to the show to see about getting tickets for the Wrigley shows. It seemed if i recall correctly a lot of people had luck with the two shows at the UC last year. Have to think of more of the same will happen for Wrigley with it being able to hold more than the arena.
  • Options
    JR1975JR1975 Texas Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if they send out a notification when the F2F starts and we can post tickets we want to sell? Or do we just have to periodically check it? Have P1 tickets to Portland and Seattle N2 that will need to sell.
  • Options
    So I lucked out and got 2 10C for Vegas and 2 for Wrigley.  I got my Vegas seat details Thursday from TM but nothing about chicago seats yet.  Is this normal since it’s in the second leg or should this be coming in the next couple days?  Thx. 
    bjh
  • Options
    StrangerbydayStrangerbyday Ireland Posts: 8
    Count myself very lucky to have gotten 10C tickets for Dublin having only been a member a very short amount of time.
    Friend of mine was in the general lottery sale this morning, got in at 10:14 a.m. & got general admission, then went back 10 minutes later & was able to get a Gold Circle ticket at regular price.
    Then another friend was able to get general admission when they dropped the code requirement around midday.

Safe to say they over anticipated how many would be sold from the lottery if they dropped the requirement in a little over 2 hours.
    Dublin, Ireland (August 23, 2006)
    Dublin, Ireland (June 22, 2010)
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    Meanwhile 4+ hours in and the west coast shows still are requiring codes.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 417
    edited February 23
    When you realize that you've made a huge mistake and after less than 12 hours of presale you adjust your prices downwards by 50 euros. Fifty! They'd better do that for the entire upper tier if they want to play to a sold-out house in Berlin. Unfortunately, this all comes 12 hours too late. The damage has already been done. 

Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,908
    Zen23 said:
    When you realize that you've made a huge mistake and after less than 12 hours of presale you adjust your prices downwards by 50 euros. Fifty! They'd better do that for the entire upper tier if they want to play to a sold-out house in Berlin. Unfortunately, this all comes 12 hours too late. The damage has already been done. 
    Who's the "you" here? Do you think that the band is holed up in a conference room making these decisions in real time?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    WHAT I MEANT BY THIS BIT WAS... I HAD A SEPARATE CONVERSATION ABOUT 'PLATINUM', TO SEE IF I HAD MISUNDERSTOOD SOMETHING... BUT I HADN'T! IT IS A GREEDY SCAM - AND ALL ARTISTS HAVE THE CHOICE NOT TO PARTICIPATE... IF NO ARTISTS PARTICIPATED, IT WOULD CEASE TO EXIST X
    ROBERT SMITH
    (WE DIDN’T AGREE TO THE 'DYNAMIC PRICING' / 'PRICE SURGING’ / ‘PLATINUM TICKET' THING... BECAUSE IT IS ITSELF A BIT OF A SCAM? A SEPARATE CONVERSATION!)

• Options
    JayBarJayBar Posts: 10
    Hi, has all the seating assignments gone out for 10c members for Wrigley N1? I haven't gotten anything yet but its confirmed and money was taken. Thoughts? I am new at this... lol
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,401
    JJWGator said:
    I just don't understand why its so damn hard for them to get it right. When i registered for 10C presale here were not any stadium maps of the seating. I selected Reserved P1 and Pit. I was lucky enough to get Vegas 2 nights, Montana, and then Wrigley 2 nights. When the tickets finally showed up in TM both night in Vegas and Chicago where nose bleed; for $200 each. What a disappointment. I live in Florida and will already be in Vegas for a conference so no big deal, but I wouldn't have paid $200 for the highest section. NO problem on Montana even though i was expecting Pit. Chicago is a mess. I would have never paid that amount of money for shitty seats. So misleading. I expected P1 reserved to be floor seats. Why would nose bleed and Pit be the same cost? Makes no sense and I highly disappointed. IM happy to have any tickets to any show, but when you've been mislead its such a punch in the stomach. They should show the section that you'd be getting and the cost. Why would anyone think that for the same price, as a 22 year 10C member and a paying member, that your tickets could range from the Pit to Section 305 where they sell baseball tickets for $30? So dishonest. 
    Yes there were. Every link to register included a map of the venue and what tix were available in 10C sale. Pit in pink, P1 in blue and P2 in orange.
    Not sure how you missed it in registering for 5 different shows.
    This weekend we rock Portland