Options

Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,321
    cutz said:
    PJNB said:
    No priority sure is the lazy way out for doing a lotto. 
    Really? WOW!

Does that make sense to not have a Priority? 

So, how will all of this play out?
    Some people will win all
    Some people will lose all

Most people in the middle?

Priority seemed an easier way to draw.  Go show by show P1 then P2 etc etc until tix are gone.  Then on to next show - very clean - very easy to follow.  Yet it was a debacle last year.  

A true lottery system without at least a 99% chance at your top show (barring the NYC/Seattle areas) makes travel planning much tougher.    It was pretty easy to pre-book flights/hotels on Priority 1/2 shows the last few years and just hang tight on later shows.  Now it's like put in for everything and hope you hit at least a few and then figure it out. 

They should bring back odds for this tour if there is no priority...almost like it's must have info in a true lottery of randomness.
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    doujo said:
    F2F exchange, does the price include fees and taxes?  Say a ticket is $200 after all fees and taxes, will I be able to sell it for the $200?  Or will I get screwed out of the fees and taxes I spent?  Thanks!
    Nevermind, found my answer...

Who determines how much I can sell my tickets for on the Face Value Exchange?

When you list your tickets for sale on the Face Value Exchange, the listing price is automatically set at the total price you paid. This includes the face value price set by the artist, plus any applicable fees and taxes.

• Options
    broe01 said:
    You guys actually think these prices are high?  They're really not.
    The European prices for a GA ticket are expensive for a Swede. In what way would they not be?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    $200.00 per ticket? as much as Love Pearl Jam I don't think I can swing that for a couple of shows. 
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    Ok... So with multiple 10C accounts, should I just throw them all in the same basket with the lowest member #? I originally split them up hoping to win multiple shows, but this new way of doing things through Ticketmaster has me really confused.
    I got memories I got shit...
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,814
    cutz said:
    Canada link worked.  The US Shows link seems to be broken - just endlessly looping me to login to 10c and now it seems that page crashed. Just won't load for me.

This happened when I Clink the LAST Submit to finish my ticket request and Now, I keep on getting this when I click the Link: 

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

Got that too after 2 attempts, switched from a cell to a laptop and then it worked.

Then about 10 min later I received two ten club emails saying my previous 2 requests were cancelled.

So it seems all is going through even with the bad requests pages.

Might want to take an hour to 24 hour break for the traffic to die down and see what happens.

And just got the confirmation that the 3rd attempt was successful.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    broe01broe01 Posts: 36
    broe01 said:
    The European prices for a GA ticket are expensive for a Swede. In what way would they not be?
    Not sure, haven't been lucky enough to visit Sweden yet :)

But for where I'm from (MSG), $185 for a pit ticket at MSG is not unreasonable at all.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,177
    broe01 said:
    $200 per ticket?  Yeah. It’s high. 
  • Options
    johnny hot tubjohnny hot tub Posts: 23
    edited February 13
    Zod said:
    Are they in the stratosphere? It seems the Canadian shows might be the best bargain, but the prices don't seem higher than peers or more veteran acts.  Cheaper than good tickets to the Stones or Springsteen.  About what I paid for 7th row Pumpkins tickets in 2022.

I feel like this argument comes up ever your.  PJ's prices keep going up like all the other arena/stadium acts, but they seem on par with peers, and less than more veteran/popular acts.

When the tickets came up as $200cdn per ticket, I was like.. that's about average right now for an Arena act.   Cheaper than good seats to a stadium show (but obviously more expensive than nosebleeds to a stadium show).
    Sure, they are on par with arena acts, but when have the fan club seats ever been on par with other arena acts?  I guess everything I just expected more from this band.  They were supposed to be different.  The fact one has to search so hard for information about pricing, I think they are aware it is a shocking number as well.  

I mean, I don't really know what I expected.  I logged into the shop to buy the new album and the fan club version was $70 shipped.  $19 shipping to the east coast.    

I guess I just feel a little let down.  
    Post edited by johnny hot tub on
  • Options
    DF313DF313 Posts: 1
    For the Wrigley shows, can anyone tell if they shrunk the size of the Pit or cut the number of fan club available reserved seats?
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 290
    broe01 said:
    $200 per ticket?  Yeah. It’s high. 
    No doubt expensive, but go to Ticketmaster and look at prices for big acts. They're often the same, if not higher. I just looked, Morgan Wallen is charging $245 for obstructed view seats. Usher is charging $180 for upper deck level. Most ppl go to 1 or 2 concerts a year and apparently are ok with spending this amount. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    dunewalldunewall Posts: 72
    dunewall said:
    Any word on those who had tix to Indy last summer??
    My Ticketmaster account now shows those tickets with the new date.
    Yeah - thanks!  I posted an update a little bit after on the thread.  

Cleveland 03'
    Cincinnati 03' (Flooded)
    Cincinnati 06'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Chicago N2 23'
    Indy 23' (Cancelled)
    Vegas N2 24'
    edited February 13
    nvm figured out the issue.  
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • Options
    So excited about new album and tour! 
    But had hoped they'd give Baltimore fans who had tickets for the canceled show priority opportunity to buy rescheduled show.
    "We are disappointed to share that we have had to cancel the previously postponed Baltimore, MD show. The building is closing for upcoming renovations and is unable to reschedule a new date. We cannot announce any new ticketing options at this time but hope to be able to take care of fans impacted by this cancellation in the future."  
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    Finally got my emails, one cancellation for my original request that I never got to a confirmation page on (when using my laptop) and then one for my submission on a new device (my cell).

Took about 45-50 minutes - and both emails went to spam - in case anyone was curious on timing.
  • Options
    So excited about new album and tour! 
    But had hoped they'd give Baltimore fans who had tickets for the canceled show priority opportunity to buy rescheduled show.
    "We are disappointed to share that we have had to cancel the previously postponed Baltimore, MD show. The building is closing for upcoming renovations and is unable to reschedule a new date. We cannot announce any new ticketing options at this time but hope to be able to take care of fans impacted by this cancellation in the future."  
    They gave you the chance to pay $45 for the poster of the cancelled concert!  So generous.  
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    edited February 13
    Hawk123 said:
    Zod said:
    Are they in the stratosphere? It seems the Canadian shows might be the best bargain, but the prices don't seem higher than peers or more veteran acts.  Cheaper than good tickets to the Stones or Springsteen.  About what I paid for 7th row Pumpkins tickets in 2022.

I feel like this argument comes up ever your.  PJ's prices keep going up like all the other arena/stadium acts, but they seem on par with peers, and less than more veteran/popular acts.
    That’s the tricky part, the prices aren’t bad compared to other acts. But most others didn’t push back to keep prices low at one point in their careers so it’s tough to shake that fan friendly expectation. It’s a business though and they’re not looking to leave money on the table, and I bet most of us wouldn’t either. 
    That's a valid point.  Those days have definitely gone by.   PJ tickets seem to be on par with some peers, a little cheaper than some others (usually more veteran acts), but not fundamentally cheaper than peers.

Out of the three bigger shows I'm going to so far this year. U2 was 275USD for tickets, Springsteen was $500 CDN for the pit (which we upgraded from $300 side stage tickets when the tour got bumped), so Pearl Jam is the cheapest Arena sized show I'm going to this year :)

At this point I'll take it.  I'm just happy they're still touring.     I don't look forward to the opposite.  The day I get old enough that all my favourite rock bands have ceased touring and I spend 0 dollars on concerts :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    approappro UK Posts: 6
    andypin said:
    What's Reserved mean in "Front Standing/Reserved"? Is that either front Standing or Reserved seating?
    Yes you can either get the standing area or the seated area with that option.
    Sorry for being thick - do you get a choice (or will I be automatically given one or the other)?
  • Options
    Is it possible to get a presale code for Dublin ??
  • Options
    broe01 said:
    They really are
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 279
    Woo!! Deer Creek on a Monday kinda sucks but whatever, my ticket is still valid so I'm going to try to get to it. Put in for Saturday in Chicago just in case Deer Creek doesn't work out for me. If I see two shows even better! See ya soon!
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    cutz said:
    Canada link worked.  The US Shows link seems to be broken - just endlessly looping me to login to 10c and now it seems that page crashed. Just won't load for me.

This happened when I Clink the LAST Submit to finish my ticket request and Now, I keep on getting this when I click the Link: 

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

Got that too after 2 attempts, switched from a cell to a laptop and then it worked.

Then about 10 min later I received two ten club emails saying my previous 2 requests were cancelled.

So it seems all is going through even with the bad requests pages.

Might want to take an hour to 24 hour break for the traffic to die down and see what happens.

I tried on my Laptop. And I tried well over a hour ago and NO Emails at all.

Good idea as I think I'll try later tonight when the traffic slows down(like I've done in the pass).

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,560
    Did I not see when general onsale date is?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    cutz said:
    PJNB said:
    No priority sure is the lazy way out for doing a lotto. 
    Really? WOW!

Does that make sense to not have a Priority? 

So, how will all of this play out?
    Some people will win all
    Some people will lose all

Most people in the middle?

Priority seemed an easier way to draw.  Go show by show P1 then P2 etc etc until tix are gone.  Then on to next show - very clean - very easy to follow.  Yet it was a debacle last year.  

A true lottery system without at least a 99% chance at your top show (barring the NYC/Seattle areas) makes travel planning much tougher.    It was pretty easy to pre-book flights/hotels on Priority 1/2 shows the last few years and just hang tight on later shows.  Now it's like put in for everything and hope you hit at least a few and then figure it out. 

They should bring back odds for this tour if there is no priority...almost like it's must have info in a true lottery of randomness.
    All good points especially the one that it was a debacle last year. MIGHT be the main reason for No Priority?
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,321
    broe01 said:
    They really are
    I'm okay with $185 for the lower bowl/GA - it's a little higher then $160 Metallica was charging - but if it means less Premium Seating I would take the inflated price.

I draw the line at $175 for upper deck.  That is INSANELY high.  

Saw tool like 4 days ago and upper deck seats were only like $100 after fees.
  • Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    For those who experienced  the ticketmaster presale, was there a price difference with the10c tickets? were they cheaper? Thanks in advance

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    For those who experienced  the ticketmaster presale, was there a price difference with the10c tickets? were they cheaper? Thanks in advance

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    1st world problems - i wish the 2024 nfl schedule was out before we had to put in for these LOL
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 840
    Looks like they included Ticketmaster fees into the $175/185 price without any disclosure. Then hit you with tax after. Be interested to know how much per ticket Ticketmaster is charging? Maybe $30-40 a ticket?
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    Clare ParsonsClare Parsons Drogheda, Ireland Posts: 26
    broe01 said:
    They really are
    I'm okay with $185 for the lower bowl/GA - it's a little higher then $160 Metallica was charging - but if it means less Premium Seating I would take the inflated price.

I draw the line at $175 for upper deck.  That is INSANELY high.  

Saw tool like 4 days ago and upper deck seats were only like $100 after fees.
    *than
    hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye