Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited February 16
    Do people think Berlin and Barcelona will sell out in no time Taylor Swift-style with chaos and everything gone in a minute, with this tour being so sparse?

usually I felt like, Pearl Jam tickets was something you could get with "some" ease... but maybe I have that wrong. Could be a vibe stuck i 2009.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Do people think Berlin and Barcelona will sell out in no time Taylor Swift-style with chaos and everything gone in a minute, with this tour being so sparse?

usually I felt like, Pearl Jam tickets was something you could get with "some" ease... but maybe I have that wrong. Could be a vibe stuck i 2009.
    Two shows for those cities changes things a lot imo so its hard to say. 

St Paul last year would of likely been close to a sellout with one night only. Having two nights it had a hard time selling the uppers away from the stage. 
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    edited February 16
    When I think that in the summer of 2022, a total of around 50,000 fans in Vienna, Prague and Amsterdam stood in front of nothing, you could fill the Waldbühne Berlin more than twice with these fans alone.

Then there are the fans from other Eastern European countries as well as Denmark, Sweden, Austria and the Netherlands. Berlin is the closest for most of them. I haven't even mentioned the German fans yet.

Since Berlin is the only city on this tour in the "north of Europe", they could play the Waldbühne three times at reasonable ticket prices.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Has anyone swapped tenclub tickets in the past? Like reserved for GA? Do you just meet up in the venue and go to each others seat? Or are you able to swap tickets through your phone beforehand? 
  • Has anyone swapped tenclub tickets in the past? Like reserved for GA? Do you just meet up in the venue and go to each others seat? Or are you able to swap tickets through your phone beforehand? 
    You can download then to your Google or Apple wallets if you log in with the others account on your phone.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    pdalowsky said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think I saw people wondering if there is still early entry for GA... Found this for North America in the FAQs (didn't check Europe):
    What is the GA Pit or Reserved - Standing or Seating option?

Select this option if you are willing to stand in GA or sit through the show as you may be selected for either. If selected for GA standing tickets, you will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door, at venues where early entry is permitted. If selected for Reserved Seating, your tickets will be assigned based on seniority in Ten Club.

FAQ says "Members with reserved tickets will enter the venue at the regular door time." doesn't sound like early entry to me.

People were only wondering about GA. Why would anyone want early entry for reserved seats?
    Merch, I assume. 
    Even if i win GA i don't need to go in early i'm not sure why people are so crazy about getting the rail!
    This.

I don't understand wanting to get in early or the hysteria about merch / rail... maybe it's different in the U.S.?  Never been so can't comment with any authority.

Its a great experience from the rail. If you've done it - its going to be very clear as to why people do, if you havent then it could easily be something that is hard to understand

I've done it, and actually I think the best experience is about 5 deep in the pit. The rail is too close to the stage and my neck gets kinda sore, and the view isn't as good. The only thing that's best about the rail is you have a leaning post, which is kinda nice when you're down there for 3 or 4 hours.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited February 16
    The best place is row 3 or 4, towards Stones side. 

Any other spot and you are a fishy character.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    edited February 16
    PJ_Soul said:
    pdalowsky said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think I saw people wondering if there is still early entry for GA... Found this for North America in the FAQs (didn't check Europe):

Select this option if you are willing to stand in GA or sit through the show as you may be selected for either. If selected for GA standing tickets, you will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door, at venues where early entry is permitted. If selected for Reserved Seating, your tickets will be assigned based on seniority in Ten Club.

FAQ says "Members with reserved tickets will enter the venue at the regular door time." doesn't sound like early entry to me.

People were only wondering about GA. Why would anyone want early entry for reserved seats?
    Merch, I assume. 
    Even if i win GA i don't need to go in early i'm not sure why people are so crazy about getting the rail!
    This.

I don't understand wanting to get in early or the hysteria about merch / rail... maybe it's different in the U.S.?  Never been so can't comment with any authority.

Its a great experience from the rail. If you've done it - its going to be very clear as to why people do, if you havent then it could easily be something that is hard to understand

I've done it, and actually I think the best experience is about 5 deep in the pit. The rail is too close to the stage and my neck gets kinda sore, and the view isn't as good. The only thing that's best about the rail is you have a leaning post, which is kinda nice when you're down there for 3 or 4 hours.
    At Nashville 2022 we arrived after the doors had been open for a while. We were about 3rd row back on Stone's and loved it. I even got a pick from Mike when he came over during Porch and launched a handful. With my wife being short, I wonder what the viewing angle would be for her on the rail?
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Did anyone else NOT get a temporary credit card charge after registering for 10C tickets? 
    I did not, but I called my CC company and they see it on their end so all good.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    Neil Young tickets are $300 back of floor and $250 on the good side stage seats. $190 for uppers. I usually defend show p rices , but these are hard to digest

So can we please,have an end to the cost complaints? Tickets are expensive, and PJ doesn’t give much of a cost break for,upper level tickets. That stinks but there are far more expensive concerts out there.
  • Neil Young tickets are $300 back of floor and $250 on the good side stage seats. $190 for uppers. I usually defend show p rices , but these are hard to digest

So can we please,have an end to the cost complaints? Tickets are expensive, and PJ doesn’t give much of a cost break for,upper level tickets. That stinks but there are far more expensive concerts out there.
    Kind of weird, because the show in Huntsville starts at like $75 or so each, but Franklin is like $120 base.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    Call me crazy, but I'm kind of enjoying the anticipation right now. 

Not knowing what the future will bring, and with the way the last few years have gone, I'm definitely savoring this moment. 

Best of luck to all. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
    Neil Young tickets are $300 back of floor and $250 on the good side stage seats. $190 for uppers. I usually defend show p rices , but these are hard to digest

Yeah I went looking for Neil Young tickets and there was nothing remotely approaching what I would pay relative to the seat.

I would note that I am not mad at Neil, his management, Crazy Horse, or the promoter. They don't owe me anything. I'm just not going to this show.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816

Neil has always been outrageously priced. Even Greendale tix were $230 and that was years ago.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032

Kind of weird, because the show in Huntsville starts at like $75 or so each, but Franklin is like $120 base.
    Lawns in Toronto were about $75 CAD, that’s a pretty good deal. Front row were $1000 so it goes both ways
  • Hawk123 said:

Lawns in Toronto were about $75 CAD, that’s a pretty good deal. Front row were $1000 so it goes both ways
    Yeah, I just clicked on the front row for Franklin and yeah...$1k.  WOOF!
    But the Pit at the Orion in Huntsville is $187.00 with seats right behind it for $482+
    I would def go to the Huntsville show, but Shaky Knees Fest is that weekend I've already got tix and a house rented.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Get_Right said:

Neil has always been outrageously priced. Even Greendale tix were $230 and that was years ago.
    The first stop on the EU tour (Stockholm) was $110. I paid 140 on the secondary market. 
  • Busch896Busch896 Posts: 52
    Do we have a confirmed date that the Fan-to-Fan market will open? Wondering if there will be a surge of people selling unwanted non-GA or not-so-great seats that they win from Ten Club lottery. Might be good to know for folks who do not win the lottery and just want to be in the building. 
    Philly 4-29-2016 ● NYC 9-11-2022 ● Camden 9-14-2022 ● Ft Worth 9-15-2023 ● Austin 9-18-2023 ● Philly 9-7-2024 ● Philly 9-9-2024 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,446
    The best place is row 3 or 4, towards Stones side. 

Any other spot and you are a fishy character.
    There are two things in this world that smell like fish! One is ____ the other is ____ !
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,446
    Call me crazy, but I'm kind of enjoying the anticipation right now. 

Not knowing what the future will bring, and with the way the last few years have gone, I'm definitely savoring this moment. 

Best of luck to all. 
    Thanks! This is so fun!!!! Until the Gutted part!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    Get_Right said:

The first stop on the EU tour (Stockholm) was $110. I paid 140 on the secondary market. 

Lucky you.
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    beeswax said:
    PJ_Soul said:

it's not indeed, reason why most are waiting the tm sale not to risk having seated or standing with no early entry anyway through lottery
    Why would one need early entry with reserved seats? Merch?
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 651
    Hawk123 said:

Yeah, I just clicked on the front row for Franklin and yeah...$1k.  WOOF!
    But the Pit at the Orion in Huntsville is $187.00 with seats right behind it for $482+
    I would def go to the Huntsville show, but Shaky Knees Fest is that weekend I've already got tix and a house rented.
    $160 for a pair of lawn tickets in PHX for my daughter and me!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    How are there tickets listed on stubhub right now?
    www.myspace.com
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    For the Seattle shows alone, more than 200 tickets will be offered for sale on Stubhub. 
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 327
    edited February 16
    Busch896 said:
    Do we have a confirmed date that the Fan-to-Fan market will open? Wondering if there will be a surge of people selling unwanted non-GA or not-so-great seats that they win from Ten Club lottery. Might be good to know for folks who do not win the lottery and just want to be in the building. 
    Unlikely that a specific date will be provided unless things have changed. They typically delay the fan-to-fan launch to create the illusion of scarcity so people will buy the "premium" tickets. 
    Post edited by Human Tide on
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 653
    Zen23 said:
    For the Seattle shows alone, more than 200 tickets will be offered for sale on Stubhub. 
    I think it may be possible for season ticket holders to the Kraken to have ticket holds on the concert, and therefore, they posted a sale. It may also be purely speculative by 'ticket brokers'.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 
    In the old days you had to get them at will call too. Now you can just post them on F2F. So as long as someone can take the credit card hit for a month or so, someone can realistically sign up for every show knowing they can dump whatever they don't want pretty easily. It was very apparent last year that was the case, as you'd see people who all of a sudden "couldn't make it" for a show they just put in for a few weeks before, and post them up to F2F as soon as that option opened. The by-product of this is that it pushes out others who actually want to go further back, or not getting picked at all. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Zen23 said:
    There's Philly tickets there too....I thought that was not possible due to PJ's ticketing policy
    www.myspace.com
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    Zen23 said:
    There's Philly tickets there too....I thought that was not possible due to PJ's ticketing policy
    Policies are easily bypassed by these professional brokers. They know how to get around every system TM and venues throw at them because they do this for a living.