Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• GoofeeGoofee Melbourne Posts: 12
    Apparently, I got the Sydney show but American Express blocked the AUD $593.88 transaction from "TICKETSTODAY AUD"

Statement from AMEX was the following, 

"The transaction has been declined because it was attempted at a merchant who no longer accepts the American Express card."

Not sure what to think about this? 

Hi, this is a known issue and we are working through this. Could you please escalate your request here > https://tktmstr.co/SubmitRequest
    Melbourne 03/03/1998 Melbourne 19/02/2003 Melbourne 13/11/2006 Melbourne 20/11/2009 Melbourne BDO 24/01/2014 Sydney BDO 26/01/2014 EV Melbourne 16/02/2014 EV Melbourne 18/02/2014 San Diego 2022 LA 1 2022 LA 2 2022 Phoenix 2022
  • RA99183RA99183 Posts: 33
    RA99183 said:
    Goofee said:
    So I won the ballot for the Sydney, Melbourne and Gold Coast shows, and Ticketmaster allows AMEX. But Apparently it's been declined by the merchant in the USA - TicketsToday which does not allow Amex. Is there some way we can change our card details or get Ticketstoday to re-process them?

This confirms what I've just experienced as well. AMEX declined the transaction from TicketsToday and I've just emailed Tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com for help.

You did not received any email from 10C saying that you've secured your tickets then?

This sounds incredibly frustrating!! Hope you manage to get it sorted. I just emailed tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com and got an auto response from ticketstoday, seems to be a bit going on in the background.
    Got an autoresponse from Ticketstoday as well. Here's hoping they can actually help those of us affected by this.

Turns out I was successful and this exact thing happened to me. What a shame.
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • ooba Foxooba Fox Posts: 40
    Got golden circle for Melbourne and Auckland.. the only two I applied for. Now let’s hope they add Adelaide
    Perth 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,908
    Calling the Amex situation a cluster would be insulting to clusters.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • KPLATTKPLATT Posts: 25
    Also affected by the Amex stuff up
  • Is this just an Australia thing or should I redo my request in the UK cos I paid by Amex?
  • Is this just an Australia thing or should I redo my request in the UK cos I paid by Amex?
    Actually too late for that. Better not happen in UK too!
  • Magic_JMagic_J Posts: 28
    I entered the draw for London and got the confirmation email saying I was in the draw. Did the registering for the Ticketmaster one too and had the email back from them confirming I'd registered. Now when I look in my Ten Club account it says I haven't entered any draws and I can't find anything in my Ticketmaster account for the second registration. Am I still all good until I receive an email from Ten Club tickets saying yay or nay? Or did something go awry and I somehow ended up not even being in the draw? Should I habe another go at registering on the second Ticketmaster presale? Just in case?
    Or am I just overthinking this and should just forget about it all until 21st Feb 😅

Sorry, I've never done the draw before (just did Ten Club presale for the two gigs I managed to get to before) it's all a bit confusing/stressful! 
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    Unfortunately, even both Sydney and Melbourne was a score for me and my girlfriend cc bank rejuct the payment. So no luck with tickets for us. Even call bank before and now the decline is automatic for security reasons.
    What ten club told us for international fans isn't working to call bank before and tell them. They can't do it or put a note to allow a payment cos u told then ahead of time.
    Same as now, asked if they allow now or put a note or contact company (ticketmaster) to try to recharge the card again, nothing.
    Even worst they blocked the card as well.
    And also bank said even they retry to charge they can't quaranty that will not block again the payment.
    So Lets hopefully we score tickets in the next public sale.
    Feel a bit disappointed but will be OK
    Hope all rest u guys scored
    We will be in the venue..ill travel from Greece doe that and nothing will stop me,,even in the last row at seated area. Would be cool to be with ten club peeps to rock but that's how things went now.
    When there is a will there is a way.
    disgusting. Tells a lot about our world right now. You'll make it anyway mate, keep it up
  • Unbelievable. You'd think that might be something they would say on the payment screen? Or maybe just not allow Amex at all? 10C has to make this right for these folks. 
    edited February 17
    i am positive same is going to happen to some folks in Europe. When did they start sending out confirmation?
    Is this just an Australia thing or should I redo my request in the UK cos I paid by Amex?
    Actually too late for that. Better not happen in UK too!
    I’d assume it’s anything that goes through a merchant (Ticketmaster) who allow Amex then in the back end it’s fulfilled by someone else (Ticketstoday) who doesn’t allow Amex. It’s absolutely bonkers because us as the consumer had no idea there was another entity involved outside of Ticketmaster and 10c. This is a huge operational oversight.
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • Magic_J said:
    I entered the draw for London and got the confirmation email saying I was in the draw. Did the registering for the Ticketmaster one too and had the email back from them confirming I'd registered. Now when I look in my Ten Club account it says I haven't entered any draws and I can't find anything in my Ticketmaster account for the second registration. Am I still all good until I receive an email from Ten Club tickets saying yay or nay? Or did something go awry and I somehow ended up not even being in the draw? Should I habe another go at registering on the second Ticketmaster presale? Just in case?
    Or am I just overthinking this and should just forget about it all until 21st Feb 😅

Sorry, I've never done the draw before (just did Ten Club presale for the two gigs I managed to get to before) it's all a bit confusing/stressful! 
    I’m in the same boat as you, first time doing the draw, entered, got my registration mail but it’s not showing in my Ten Club account & I can’t see anything on Ticketmaster. I’m hoping all is ok because I have that email saying I did register. I did enter the Ticketmaster one too just to be on the safe side though.
    Dublin, Ireland (August 23, 2006)
    Dublin, Ireland (June 22, 2010)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited February 17
    It's strange these days
    When Pearl Jam fans yet again pay
    for someones else's mistake
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RA99183 said:
    RA99183 said:
    Goofee said:
    So I won the ballot for the Sydney, Melbourne and Gold Coast shows, and Ticketmaster allows AMEX. But Apparently it's been declined by the merchant in the USA - TicketsToday which does not allow Amex. Is there some way we can change our card details or get Ticketstoday to re-process them?

This confirms what I've just experienced as well. AMEX declined the transaction from TicketsToday and I've just emailed Tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com for help.

You did not received any email from 10C saying that you've secured your tickets then?

This sounds incredibly frustrating!! Hope you manage to get it sorted. I just emailed tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com and got an auto response from ticketstoday, seems to be a bit going on in the background.
    Got an autoresponse from Ticketstoday as well. Here's hoping they can actually help those of us affected by this.

How did you find out you were successful? Did you get an email or were you able to see your request status somewhere? Thanks
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • I posted the following in the other thread that Dimi started but my comment about there being a TicketsToday charge on my AmEx for the Chicago shows last year maybe is irrelevant now if as mentioned above AmEx is saying TicketsToday no longer accepts AmEx so they may have changed this since that time last year. But I did get the GBP1.00 transaction on my AmEx from TicketsToday yesterday which is interesting:

" just for the record, and I don't know if this indicates it won't be a problem if I win tickets in the lottery, but I do currently have a 1.00 GBP charge from TicketsToday (and the subsequent 1.00GBP credit) pending on my American Express card. So the test transaction from TicketsToday did go through ok, although as per the comments about the fraud algorithms, I don't know whether AmEx might reject a larger transaction for tickets if I win them. However I searched my transaction history on my AmEx and confirmed that for the Chicago shows last year which I won through the lottery, I paid for them with my AmEx, so it may not be a general issue for people, it may be on a case by case basis or due to the total amount being attempted. 

Before submitting my registration, I too had a long chat with an agent at AmEx to see if I could get Ticketstoday added to the 'express list' for the card which bypasses their safekey payment authorisation process but as people say above, it's an automated system and I was told you can't do this necessarily for every merchant and that there was no other way to green light a transaction or merchant in advance unfortunately. 

Just out of interest if people are able to clarify for me, for those that know they won the Aus lottery but their card was declined, did you get an email confirming the win, or did you find out by checking the status of your requests in TM (and if so, where can you see this in your TM account)? Thanks"
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
    edited February 17
    RA99183 said:
    RA99183 said:
    Goofee said:

How did you find out you were successful? Did you get an email or were you able to see your request status somewhere? Thanks
    I spoke to AMEX who told me of the attempted charges (matching the amounts I was told I’d pay for each show) from ticketstoday. Then they provided the info another poster mentioned around it being cancelled by the merchant. (No emails, I’m sure they will come later to advise of the issue)
    Post edited by RA99183 on
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • Surely they should suspend the sale and let people re-register with a different card? They know there’s a problem now
    Surely they should suspend the sale and let people re-register with a different card? They know there’s a problem now
    By the letter of the t&c’s if a card fails, then the tickets go to the next ten club member in the queue. So even if they fix the issue tickets will have been allocated elsewhere. Who knows though, I live in hope! 
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited February 17
    RA99183 said:
    Surely they should suspend the sale and let people re-register with a different card? They know there’s a problem now
    By the letter of the t&c’s if a card fails, then the tickets go to the next ten club member in the queue. So even if they fix the issue tickets will have been allocated elsewhere. Who knows though, I live in hope! 
    That is not true at all. In the past seat assignment for seniority happens at a later date. 

Also they have in the past given tickets out to people days later when their card fails so if its on their end they should be aware of the issue and still have your tickets on hold. 

The good news is for those looking for Golden Circle. I have yet to see someone not win which would mean even if they fucked it up and passed you by there is a good chance that there are still plenty of tickets to get. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    RA99183 said:
    awful
    Magic_J said:

Yes you should be good if you received an email saying you were put into the 10C Europ draw. Your pics should be in that email. 

I am not sure you can check now that the lotto is closed but if you went into it when it was open as if you were going to make new pics you could see in your basket your selection. 

The  old 10C tickets page no longer shows that you have tickets or submissions like it did in the past. It is all done through TM and Ticketstoday.
    PJNB said:
    RA99183 said:
    That is not true at all. In the past seat assignment for seniority happens at a later date. 
    I’m just talking about the actual success of obtaining, not the seniority seat allocation (which I believe is as you’ve mentioned, the same as prev tours). This is the snippet and it mentions declines based on funds so this could be different.

How to Avoid an Accidental Request Decline
    Make sure your credit card has sufficient funds to cover your highest possible total. If you are confirmed but your card has insufficient funds, we will not process your request and the tickets will go to the next Ten Club member. 

In order to avoid a payment decline, we recommend you contact your bank NOW and notify them of the following:
    • A charge from a US-based company may be attempted between 17 Feb and 21 Feb.
    • Merchant descriptor will be "Ticketmaster*Pearl Jam"
    • Charge would be in AUD (depending on the shows you are confirmed for).

If you are confirmed for a show and we attempt to process your order, your local bank may elect to decline the transaction.
    Dr No... Vocal chords
    RA99183 said:
    PJNB said:
    RA99183 said:
    I’m just talking about the actual success of obtaining, not the seniority seat allocation (which I believe is as you’ve mentioned, the same as prev tours). This is the snippet and it mentions declines based on funds so this could be different.

How to Avoid an Accidental Request Decline
    Make sure your credit card has sufficient funds to cover your highest possible total. If you are confirmed but your card has insufficient funds, we will not process your request and the tickets will go to the next Ten Club member. 

In order to avoid a payment decline, we recommend you contact your bank NOW and notify them of the following:
    • A charge from a US-based company may be attempted between 17 Feb and 21 Feb.
    • Merchant descriptor will be "Ticketmaster*Pearl Jam"
    • Charge would be in AUD (depending on the shows you are confirmed for).

If you are confirmed for a show and we attempt to process your order, your local bank may elect to decline the transaction.
    I Edited above and that is worded with insufficient funds. In the past with CC issues that were not funds related they def gave you a grace period to get it sorted. Fingers crossed since this was their fault they fix it for you and there are golden circle tickets remaining. 
    PJNB said:
    RA99183 said:

Also they have in the past given tickets out to people days later when their card fails so if its on their end they should be aware of the issue and still have your tickets on hold. 

The good news is for those looking for Golden Circle. I have yet to see someone not win which would mean even if they fucked it up and passed you by there is a good chance that there are still plenty of tickets to get. 
    That’s reassuring, thanks for the info!
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • RA99183 said:
    RA99183 said:
    RA99183 said:
    Goofee said:

I spoke to AMEX who told me of the attempted charges (matching the amounts I was told I’d pay for each show) from ticketstoday. Then they provided the info another poster mentioned around it being cancelled by the merchant. (No emails, I’m sure they will come later to advise of the issue)
    thank you
  • raelrael Posts: 10
    Anyone heard confirmation from the UK draw yet?
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642

rael said:
    Anyone heard confirmation from the UK draw yet?
    i heard they start sending replies 24 hour after lottery closed, so if this is true, i assume nothing will happen before this afternoon at least
  • I assume there will also be a delay while they sort the Amex issue. So maybe late afternoon/evening for UK/Europe.