Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited February 16
    So does this mean that I can do two separate requests? One for Dublin one for Fenway ?
    Yes. Two separate lottos. 

This is the only way you can do it. 
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    ComeToTX said:
    Same. I always walk in 20 minutes before the show. 
    This^^^^
    If I get GA for Sacramento I'll walk in as the opening act is ending. The back of the GA is great. All the room you could want and a clear view of the stage.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    bertan said:
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 

Is it too difficult for the system to assign us a lower priority once we “win” the first show we put in for? Seems like that would be an easy fix, so some fans don’t get completely shut out and beaten out by others who win multiple times. Seniority should work same way, get great seats once each tour. Caste rules.

There are lots of easy fixes here. Not bundling the standing and seated tickets, making sure standing tickets gets early entry, allowing people to sell their tickets lower than the face value, splitting the seated ticket requests into two or three tiers so there are budget options for those who cannot afford the current prices... These are the ones I could think in a minute, there are more fixes than you can shake a stick at. But I don't think people in charge are interested in fixes one bit.

If they are not into fixes, then why bother with a Byzantine ticketing system, because their claim way back was the existing system was flawed. So they build their own which creates many of the same problems.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    Byzantine is reflected in our ticketing system?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    edited February 16
    Is it possible to sell a 160 GBP Ten Club ticket for Manchester in the official Ticketmaster resale for less, by that I mean a freely selectable amount below the original price or am I forced to sell the ticket for exactly the same price? Your answer to this question would be very important and urgent to me. Thank you very much.

And my second question. How likely do you think it is that Ten Club seats for £160 will actually be in the worst rows at the back of the upper tier? If such seats are sold for less than £160 in the free pre-sale next week, surely all Ten Club members must be going on the rampage with pitchforks and torches. 
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • AV235224AV235224 Posts: 23
    Hey people.
    I have made a request for the 2 Barcelona shows, but never received the confirmation e-mail: six hours have passed, should I worry? I do have a request number and I still see it under "My Requests" in the Ticketmaster page.
    19/09/2006 - Turin, IT
    20/06/2014 - Milan, IT
    26/06/2018 - Rome, IT
    24/07/2022 - Amsterdam, NL

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Did anyone else NOT get a temporary credit card charge after registering for 10C tickets? 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • F2F Question: Can you just sell or buy tickets, or will the option to exchange tickets with someone be available? If I get 2 tix to Portland but don't receive lotto for Seattle, could I use F2F to exchange the 2 Portland tix for 2 Seattle tix?

I couldn't find this info in the FAQs I was reading.   
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    bpsteiner said:
    F2F Question: Can you just sell or buy tickets, or will the option to exchange tickets with someone be available? If I get 2 tix to Portland but don't receive lotto for Seattle, could I use F2F to exchange the 2 Portland tix for 2 Seattle tix?

I couldn't find this info in the FAQs I was reading.   
    Fan-to-fan is buy/sell only. There is no exchange option.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    anyone put in for the commemorative ticket for $10?

I did, but I've been burned on them if you start playing the ticket upgrade game with fan2fan.   For the EV seattle shows in 2022 and 2023, I upgraded tickets (bought closer ones, sold the ones in the balcony).  But because you sell the old ones on fan2fan, even though they don't cancel the commemorative ticket order, they don't ship them, nor do the refund them.  So be careful if you plan to do upgrading on fan2fan (if your tickets turn out not so great).
  • jpchavejpchave Posts: 5
    Did anyone else NOT get a temporary credit card charge after registering for 10C tickets? 
    I still haven't gotten one
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 653
    Zen23 said:
    Is it possible to sell a 160 GBP Ten Club ticket for Manchester in the official Ticketmaster resale for less, by that I mean a freely selectable amount below the original price or am I forced to sell the ticket for exactly the same price? Your answer to this question would be very important and urgent to me. Thank you very much.

And my second question. How likely do you think it is that Ten Club seats for £160 will actually be in the worst rows at the back of the upper tier? If such seats are sold for less than £160 in the free pre-sale next week, surely all Ten Club members must be going on the rampage with pitchforks and torches. 
    In the US f2f, you could not sell below price you paid. 

TC members with recent numbers got pretty poor seats in upper decks during 2023 US tour.
  • mjd327mjd327 Posts: 160
    Is it known yet if going for more shows hurts your chances for your highest priority shows? Like if I really want NY2 can I also do Boston shows or will that affect my chances of NY?
    (In the ten club lottery I mean)
  • mjd327 said:
    Is it known yet if going for more shows hurts your chances for your highest priority shows? Like if I really want NY2 can I also do Boston shows or will that affect my chances of NY?
    There is no priority. Doesn't matter this year. You are living in the wonderful past.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I know there's no priority listed but I didn't know whether or not they would take into account, for example, if Boston 1 has more openings, give somebody Boston 1, and then if they already won a show, deprioritize them for something else like NY2
  • TheGManTheGMan Posts: 62
    I let my PJ Ten subscription lapse during the pandemic and missed the sign-up date by resubscribing two days after the cut-off. First time Pearl Jam set to play Ireland in 14 years. Sweating if I will get a ticket (and at €119 a pop, still unsure how I will pay for one). Great news suddenly became very stressful.

2010: Dublin
    2024: Dublin

2017: Cork (EV)
  • vampC83vampC83 Posts: 23
    beeswax said:
    TinaE said:
    vampC83 said:
    Zen23 said:

Da wäre ich mir diesem Mal nicht so sicher. In den vergangen Jahren gab es auf der Waldbühne Berlin auch für die Ränge nur einen einzigen Bereich. Man konnte sich hinsetzen, wo man wollte. Der Saalplan Grafik im Ten Club Presale nach zu urteilen, wird der Sitzplatzbereich 2024 in Blöcke aufgeteilt. Und das wiederum macht es wahrscheinlich, da wie auch bei anderen Konzerten auf der Waldbühne die Sitzplätze klar nummeriert sind.

I wouldn't be so sure about that this time. In previous years, there was only one area for seating at the Waldbühne Berlin. You could sit wherever you wanted. Judging by the seating plan graphic in the Ten Club Presale, the seating area will be divided into blocks in 2024. And that in turn makes it likely, as the seats are clearly numbered, just like at other concerts on the Waldbühne.
    Ich bin hier im Forum normalerweise eher die stille Mitleserin aber ich bin in in den deutschen Foren Festivals United und pearl-jam.de auf eine Info gestoßen, die hoffentlich nützlich ist.

Es haben ja schon einige darauf hingewiesen, dass der Saalplan für die Waldbühne eine Block-Aufteilung vermuten lässt und keine freie Platzwahl, wie bisher. 

Im pearl-jam.de Forum hat ein User Live Nation diesbezüglich angeschrieben und bekam folgende Antwort:

"Antwort gerade von Live Nation:

PJ Waldbühne hat nummerierte Sitzplätze, keine freie Platzwahl!
    Es gibt weiter oben also im freien Verkauf auch günstigere Sitzplatz-Preise, wie genau konnte sie aber nicht sagen."

Hier der Link: https://www.pearl-jam.de/index.php/topic,8711.msg325949.html#new

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am usually a silent reader here in the forum, but I came across some information in the German forums Festivals United and pearl-jam.de that I hope will be useful.

Some have already pointed out that the seating plan for the Waldbühne suggests a block layout and not a free choice of seats, as was previously the case.

In the pearl-jam.de forum, a user wrote to Live Nation about this and received the following reply:

"Reply just in from Live Nation:

PJ Waldbühne has numbered seats, no free seating!
    So there are also cheaper seat prices further up in the free sale, but they couldn't say exactly how."

I found something else at Helpster regarding the Waldbühne seating plan:
    There is a seating plan for the ranks, which are divided into blocks. The tickets become cheaper as you sit in the higher ranks.
    The price category of the tickets depends on the seating plan
    The seating plan is divided into blocks A to L, plus the interior space. You get the most expensive tickets for blocks A to E, but it is cheaper in the upper ranks I to L.
    When purchasing tickets, it is not always possible to choose exactly which block you would like to sit in. It depends on the type of event. There are no seat tickets; you can freely choose your seat within your block.

was wondering the same. i've checked the waldbühne-website: some events have numbered seats, some don't. would be a bit misleading if they sell "seated", but then you'd have to battle for the best seats in the block? if that was the case it should say "you can coose a seat within block XY"?
    Honestly, at this point I am not fussed where I'll end up. I am just glad there'll at least be an option to score cheaper tickets in the public sale. I will try my luck next week. 
    2006 - Berlin; 2009 - London; 2010 - London; 2012 - Manchester II, Berlin; 2014 - Amsterdam I, Milan, Berlin; 2018 - Milan, Padova, Krakow, Berlin; 2022 - Berlin, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London I & II
    Ed solo: 2012 - London; 2017 - Amsterdam, Berlin, Florence; 2019 - Berlin, Düsseldorf
    BRAD: 2013 - Cologne
    Soundgarden: 2011 - Rock am Ring; Dortmund
    If you are one of the chosen ones who are allowed to participate in the presale on February 23rd.
  • Clare ParsonsClare Parsons Drogheda, Ireland Posts: 26
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think I saw people wondering if there is still early entry for GA... Found this for North America in the FAQs (didn't check Europe):
    What is the GA Pit or Reserved - Standing or Seating option?

Select this option if you are willing to stand in GA or sit through the show as you may be selected for either. If selected for GA standing tickets, you will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door, at venues where early entry is permitted. If selected for Reserved Seating, your tickets will be assigned based on seniority in Ten Club.

FAQ says "Members with reserved tickets will enter the venue at the regular door time." doesn't sound like early entry to me.

People were only wondering about GA. Why would anyone want early entry for reserved seats?
    Merch, I assume. 
    Even if i win GA i don't need to go in early i'm not sure why people are so crazy about getting the rail!
    This.

I don't understand wanting to get in early or the hysteria about merch / rail... maybe it's different in the U.S.?  Never been so can't comment with any authority.

hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye
  • vampC83vampC83 Posts: 23
    Zen23 said:
    If you are one of the chosen ones who are allowed to participate in the presale on February 23rd.
    Yup... fingers crossed
    2006 - Berlin; 2009 - London; 2010 - London; 2012 - Manchester II, Berlin; 2014 - Amsterdam I, Milan, Berlin; 2018 - Milan, Padova, Krakow, Berlin; 2022 - Berlin, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London I & II
    Ed solo: 2012 - London; 2017 - Amsterdam, Berlin, Florence; 2019 - Berlin, Düsseldorf
    BRAD: 2013 - Cologne
    Soundgarden: 2011 - Rock am Ring; Dortmund
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    vampC83 said:
    Zen23 said:
    Yup... fingers crossed
    There's no way the show will sell out in the TM verified fan sale. Tickets will be available for this show for months due to the prices, Glastonbury and the Green Day clash. 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    sj9966 said:
    Has anyone ever had a charge decline when they try to charge the card for the presale?
    This is my first presale so I'm a bit nervous that it'll decline. As someone who used to work in card services for an irish bank I know its pointless calling them up to notify them of the charge as they'll do nothing so I'm a bit nervous something will go wrong.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the charge declining?
    Yes, it happened to me in 2018, payments were blocked by the fraud team.  I got an email from 10c and had to redo the payments. All was ok afterwards

Its only a little more troublesome this time with it not being dealt with by 10c, Ticketmaster will no doubt just bin the application
    Zen23 said:
    How high do you think demand will be for the Manchester show? Will it be possible to get tickets in the regular presale as well as in the coming weeks and months?
    Manchester will no doubt sell out within an hour or two of the general sale starting
    vampC83 said:
    Zen23 said:
    Yup... fingers crossed
    There's no way the show will sell out in the TM verified fan sale. Tickets will be available for this show for months due to the prices, Glastonbury and the Green Day clash. 
    When will it be possible to buy tickets at some point without getting the permit on February 23? Do you still have to be registered? Will there be access to the event for everyone at some point?
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think I saw people wondering if there is still early entry for GA... Found this for North America in the FAQs (didn't check Europe):

Select this option if you are willing to stand in GA or sit through the show as you may be selected for either. If selected for GA standing tickets, you will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door, at venues where early entry is permitted. If selected for Reserved Seating, your tickets will be assigned based on seniority in Ten Club.

FAQ says "Members with reserved tickets will enter the venue at the regular door time." doesn't sound like early entry to me.

People were only wondering about GA. Why would anyone want early entry for reserved seats?
    Merch, I assume. 
    Even if i win GA i don't need to go in early i'm not sure why people are so crazy about getting the rail!
    This.

I don't understand wanting to get in early or the hysteria about merch / rail... maybe it's different in the U.S.?  Never been so can't comment with any authority.

Its a great experience from the rail. If you've done it - its going to be very clear as to why people do, if you havent then it could easily be something that is hard to understand
    anyone put in for the commemorative ticket for $10?
    I really wanted the ticket stub, but this I found was a step too far. A total piss take. I'll live without it
  • I saw someone ask about the temp charge. I haven't gotten one yet. Hope that's not a bad sign...
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    Zen23 said:
    vampC83 said:
    Zen23 said:
    Yup... fingers crossed
    When will it be possible to buy tickets at some point without getting the permit on February 23? Do you still have to be registered? Will there be access to the event for everyone at some point?
    Pure guesswork but I'd say they'll give the verified fan presale a week or so, and then it'll put all remaining tickets on general sale.
  • Clare ParsonsClare Parsons Drogheda, Ireland Posts: 26
    pdalowsky said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Merch, I assume. 
    This.

Its a great experience from the rail. If you've done it - its going to be very clear as to why people do, if you havent then it could easily be something that is hard to understand
    Interesting.

I like the sound of a band from standing further back... I find it's a fuller, richer sound.  
    hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye