Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 653
    Zen23 said:
    For the Seattle shows alone, more than 200 tickets will be offered for sale on Stubhub. 
    There's Philly tickets there too....I thought that was not possible due to PJ's ticketing policy
    PJ's policy only applies to tickets purchased through the club. Season ticket holders to these venue get the opportunity to buy tickets to events, and they can do whatever they want with the tickets.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 
    In the old days you had to get them at will call too. Now you can just post them on F2F. So as long as someone can take the credit card hit for a month or so, someone can realistically sign up for every show knowing they can dump whatever they don't want pretty easily. It was very apparent last year that was the case, as you'd see people who all of a sudden "couldn't make it" for a show they just put in for a few weeks before, and post them up to F2F as soon as that option opened. The by-product of this is that it pushes out others who actually want to go further back, or not getting picked at all. 
    Basically, the 10c tickets are now just a starting point and then you hit F2F to see if you can do better. Of the 6 pairs I won last tour, only my #6 pick were seats that didn't suck and/or I couldn't easily do better with 30 minutes of F5 on F2F.  It went from me being shutout in the lottery for two shows in South Carolina in 2016 to now pretty much getting picked for everything and not using what they are giving out.
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 
    In the old days you had to get them at will call too. Now you can just post them on F2F. So as long as someone can take the credit card hit for a month or so, someone can realistically sign up for every show knowing they can dump whatever they don't want pretty easily. It was very apparent last year that was the case, as you'd see people who all of a sudden "couldn't make it" for a show they just put in for a few weeks before, and post them up to F2F as soon as that option opened. The by-product of this is that it pushes out others who actually want to go further back, or not getting picked at all. 
    Basically, the 10c tickets are now just a starting point and then you hit F2F to see if you can do better. Of the 6 pairs I won last tour, only my #6 pick were seats that didn't suck and/or I couldn't easily do better with 30 minutes of F5 on F2F.  It went from me being shutout in the lottery for two shows in South Carolina in 2016 to now pretty much getting picked for everything and not using what they are giving out.
    Which is why I think it's still worth doing the lottery. I want GA for the show I picked. If I don't get that, maybe I'll get seats I like. If not, I'll find better ones at the F2F and sell my 10 Club. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:

Which is why I think it's still worth doing the lottery. I want GA for the show I picked. If I don't get that, maybe I'll get seats I like. If not, I'll find better ones at the F2F and sell my 10 Club. 
    The people getting screwed with the no priority system are people in NYC, Philly, and Baltimore. I went from having 0% chance of getting those to the same as people who live beside the arenas who would have put them as #1 back in the day. I might have a 0.001% chance of getting GA for NYC, but....

Meme Maker - So youre saying there is a chance Meme Generator
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,844
    Zen23 said:
    For the Seattle shows alone, more than 200 tickets will be offered for sale on Stubhub. 
    There's Philly tickets there too....I thought that was not possible due to PJ's ticketing policy
    PJ's policy only applies to tickets purchased through the club. Season ticket holders to these venue get the opportunity to buy tickets to events, and they can do whatever they want with the tickets.
    But even the season ticket holders do not have actual tickets at this point, so there is nothing to even possibly list on any site for real. These people - brokers, season ticket holders, whoever - are very likely listing by using the "will provide closer to event date". You don't actually have to have the tickets in hand to list, although you do have to check a box saying you truly have them.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022, 9/7/2024, 9/9/2024, 9/12/2024
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 716
    AV235224 said:
    Hey people.
    I have made a request for the 2 Barcelona shows, but never received the confirmation e-mail: six hours have passed, should I worry? I do have a request number and I still see it under "My Requests" in the Ticketmaster page.
    As long as your request shows on the TM page you are good.
    Where do you find your request on TM?
  • JenniferCandiJenniferCandi Hawaii Posts: 26
    Yay! Just got word we got tickets for Sydney! Guess it's time for my first trip to Australia.  Hope a lot of other 10C members get good news this weekend too.  
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    kaw753 said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:

The people getting screwed with the no priority system are people in NYC, Philly, and Baltimore. I went from having 0% chance of getting those to the same as people who live beside the arenas who would have put them as #1 back in the day. I might have a 0.001% chance of getting GA for NYC, but....

I kind of wish they'd do a zip code thing for shows like MSG or other tough tickets. I know PJ is a travel band, but I think it should be easier for someone who lives within a few miles to get to tickets than me in CA. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• CoshieCoshie Posts: 280
    Sheeeeeet yeah! Got all 3 x Aus shows. 😎. Thanks 10c!  
    Melbourne - 1998-2003-2006-2009-2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo Melbourne - 2011-2014
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
    Missoula 2018
    Baltimore, New York 2020 😭
    EV & Earthlings New York 1 & 2 - 2022
    EV & Earthlings New Jersey - 2022
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:

I kind of wish they'd do a zip code thing for shows like MSG or other tough tickets. I know PJ is a travel band, but I think it should be easier for someone who lives within a few miles to get to tickets than me in CA. 
    Would it help that much?  New York has almost 75% of the population of Canada within 100 miles of it's city centre.   I think playing a bigger venue would help more :)
  • I've read everything over and over and I'm still a bit confused about when seniority kicks in if you selected a ticket option that could be standing OR seated such as London & Manchester.

Obviously it is a lottery just to get into the building.  But.... assuming you win that lottery does it mean that members with the lowest 10C numbers will be automatically allocated standing, while the higher 10C numbers will be seated?

OR, is it totally random whether you get allocated seated or standing? (With your 10C number then determining how good your seats are if you're given seats).
    I should think there will be enough tickets for paid up members to get front standing instead of seating. I've applied for front standing but if I get allocated reserved seating I'll be returning the tickets.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    Zod said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:

Would it help that much?  New York has almost 75% of the population of Canada within 100 miles of its city centre.   I think playing a bigger venue would help more :)
    A four hour drive from NYC yields the population of Canada plus Australia. And also Almost nearly doubles the population of California (closer to 1.5x).
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Unfortunately, even both Sydney and Melbourne was a score for me and my girlfriend cc bank rejuct the payment. So no luck with tickets for us. Even call bank before and now the decline is automatic for security reasons.
    What ten club told us for international fans isn't working to call bank before and tell them. They can't do it or put a note to allow a payment cos u told then ahead of time.
    Same as now, asked if they allow now or put a note or contact company (ticketmaster) to try to recharge the card again, nothing.
    Even worst they blocked the card as well.
    And also bank said even they retry to charge they can't quaranty that will not block again the payment.
    So Lets hopefully we score tickets in the next public sale.
    Feel a bit disappointed but will be OK
    Hope all rest u guys scored
    We will be in the venue..ill travel from Greece doe that and nothing will stop me,,even in the last row at seated area. Would be cool to be with ten club peeps to rock but that's how things went now.
    When there is a will there is a way.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited February 16
    My heart sunk reading that. Feel bad for you.

Hopefully you get great tickets in the general sale.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    edited February 17
    Unfortunately, even both Sydney and Melbourne was a score for me and my girlfriend cc bank rejuct the payment. So no luck with tickets for us. Even call bank before and now the decline is automatic for security reasons.
    What ten club told us for international fans isn't working to call bank before and tell them. They can't do it or put a note to allow a payment cos u told then ahead of time.
    Same as now, asked if they allow now or put a note or contact company (ticketmaster) to try to recharge the card again, nothing.
    And also bank said even they retry to charge they can't quaranty that will not block again the payment.
    We will be in the venue..ill travel from Greece doe that and nothing will stop me,,even in the last row at seated area. Would be cool to be with ten club peeps to rock but that's how things went now.
    Damn that sucks.
    I'm sorry to hear this happened to you (and anyone else who might have the same issue).
    Ridiculous that credit card companies can't understand that people travel.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • djwalddjwald Posts: 21

Dimi I can help you out - I sent you a FB PM.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    Zod said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:

Would it help that much?  New York has almost 75% of the population of Canada within 100 miles of its city centre.   I think playing a bigger venue would help more :)
    A four hour drive from NYC yields the population of Canada plus Australia. And also Almost nearly doubles the population of California (closer to 1.5x).

Damn.   I couldn't imagine living in such a densely populated area and competing for concert tickets at an Arena that's similar in size to the one in Vancouver.    There was even a noticeable difference going to concerts here between getting Vancouver and Seattle tickets for various shows.  Seattle was always really hard.

It wasn't until recently I realized I was kind of lucky that Vancouver was a good place to grow up going to concert to.   Big city, but not really and big surrounding cities.   No wonder we got good tickets to so many shows :)
  • RA99183RA99183 Posts: 33
    edited February 17
    Registered for TC tix for all 3 Aus shows - it sounds like no news is bad news at this point!
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,446
    RA99183 said:
    Registered for TC tix for all 3 Aus shows - it sounds like no news is bad news at this point!
    Let's hope for the best. Check your registrations, extended til 18th. Fat lady sings on 21st. 
  • GoofeeGoofee Melbourne Posts: 12
    So I won the ballot for the Sydney, Melbourne and Gold Coast shows, and Ticketmaster allows AMEX. But Apparently it's been declined by the merchant in the USA - TicketsToday which does not allow Amex. Is there some way we can change our card details or get Ticketstoday to re-process them?
    Melbourne 03/03/1998 Melbourne 19/02/2003 Melbourne 13/11/2006 Melbourne 20/11/2009 Melbourne BDO 24/01/2014 Sydney BDO 26/01/2014 EV Melbourne 16/02/2014 EV Melbourne 18/02/2014 San Diego 2022 LA 1 2022 LA 2 2022 Phoenix 2022
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:

Damn.   I couldn't imagine living in such a densely populated area and competing for concert tickets at an Arena that's similar in size to the one in Vancouver.    There was even a noticeable difference going to concerts here between getting Vancouver and Seattle tickets for various shows.  Seattle was always really hard.

It wasn't until recently I realized I was kind of lucky that Vancouver was a good place to grow up going to concert to.   Big city, but not really and big surrounding cities.   No wonder we got good tickets to so many shows :)

I’m about 30 miles outside city and it’s a nice tree lined suburbia. I’m was a rush head over the years (Lerxst?) and did pretty darn well getting close seats for decades. Even did ok getting decent PJ tickets up to 2008, which made me think I didn’t need to join club. But now it’s impossible without getting in the car for hours.

Not only is it so populated here, and PJ is enormously popular here, even Philly has such a huge following almost 30k at Camden in 22. 

But this is the biggest NE run in 11 years (7 shows, not so big)… the bands management does not grasp how much $$ they have left and are leaving on the table all these years not touring NY PHILLY BOS to scale of their popularity here. Oh well, they’ve made a nice tidy sum without us.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,446
    Goofee said:
    So I won the ballot for the Sydney, Melbourne and Gold Coast shows, and Ticketmaster allows AMEX. But Apparently it's been declined by the merchant in the USA - TicketsToday which does not allow Amex. Is there some way we can change our card details or get Ticketstoday to re-process them?
    See that Amex thread
    Spunkie said:
    RA99183 said:
    Let's hope for the best. Check your registrations, extended til 18th. Fat lady sings on 21st. 
    Thank you. It’s a concern that the link in my confirmation didn’t work because they’d spelt Ticketmaster as a plural, ticketSmaster! 
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Goofee said:

This confirms what I've just experienced as well. AMEX declined the transaction from TicketsToday and I've just emailed Tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com for help.

You did not received any email from 10C saying that you've secured your tickets then?

• GoofeeGoofee Melbourne Posts: 12
    Goofee said:

This confirms what I've just experienced as well. AMEX declined the transaction from TicketsToday and I've just emailed Tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com for help.

You did not received any email from 10C saying that you've secured your tickets then?

No email. Amex approved the transactions but it was rejected at the Merchant - TicketsToday.
    Melbourne 03/03/1998 Melbourne 19/02/2003 Melbourne 13/11/2006 Melbourne 20/11/2009 Melbourne BDO 24/01/2014 Sydney BDO 26/01/2014 EV Melbourne 16/02/2014 EV Melbourne 18/02/2014 San Diego 2022 LA 1 2022 LA 2 2022 Phoenix 2022
    Goofee said:

This sounds incredibly frustrating!! Hope you manage to get it sorted. I just emailed tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com and got an auto response from ticketstoday, seems to be a bit going on in the background.
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    RA99183 said:
    Goofee said:

This sounds incredibly frustrating!! Hope you manage to get it sorted. I just emailed tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com and got an auto response from ticketstoday, seems to be a bit going on in the background.
    Got an autoresponse from Ticketstoday as well. Here's hoping they can actually help those of us affected by this.

• telctelc Posts: 12
    Got all 3 Aussie shows. Super excited!!!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Damn this unacceptable at this point from an organization like this how many years have they been doing the lottery?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HappyaaronHappyaaron Posts: 2
    edited February 17
    Apparently, I got the Sydney show but American Express blocked the AUD $593.88 transaction from "TICKETSTODAY AUD"

EMAIL statement from AMEX was the following, 

"The transaction has been declined because it was attempted at a merchant who no longer accepts the American Express card."

Not sure what to think about this? Did anyone else use an AMEX?

UPDATE.... I can now confirm, after getting off the phone with American Express fraud division that they declined it not because they viewed it as "FRAUD" but solely on the fact that TICKETSTODAY AUD does not accept AMEX at this time.

SUCH A BUMMER.....I guess they shouldn't have allowed us to put in an AMEX card!

Post edited by Happyaaron on