Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 653
    If it is easy generally to get GA through TM verified fan at shows in Europe, then that's the way to go. If you have never dealt with verified fan or PJ Premium tickets, and Euro goes as the US one goes, be prepared to be disappointed with it. GA's will be snapped up quickly and better seats will be priced more than what the TC seats are, at least initially. Then, it is a waiting game for f2f, which usually works out. Again, maybe it is a different situation in Europe than US when it comes to TM VF.
  • How long left until I have to cancel the lottery? Do I have 24 hours left to ponder? Or is the deadline tomorrow.... european time...
    https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2024/
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • LostDog_72LostDog_72 Posts: 74
    edited February 15
    Well, I've seen it all now. RSD 2024 list has just been released, and you can buy Dark Matter for the measly sum of only £99.99

This, coupled with ticket prices just screams "sell out"

RSD release will be £35.99
    That is the standard version. I was talking about the actual RSD version

But even then, look at any other vinyl on that website and most are a lot cheaper than 35.99

Anyway, conscious that I am going way off topic, so will leave it there and turn my attention to tomorrow's ticket sales 
    Post edited by LostDog_72 on
  • Maybe just me not noticing, but have there been so many 'speculative' tickets on the secondary market for shows in other recent tours? (other than msg and chicago). I can't recall stubhub, tickpick etc having so many listings this early. Maybe another sign of 10c seating allocation being scaled back this round. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,340
    Well, I've seen it all now. RSD 2024 list has just been released, and you can buy Dark Matter for the measly sum of only £99.99

But even then, look at any other vinyl on that website and most are a lot cheaper than 35.99

Anyway, conscious that I am going way off topic, so will leave it there and turn my attention to tomorrow's ticket sales 

RSD version £30.00 @ Banquet Records.

• How long left until I have to cancel the lottery? Do I have 24 hours left to ponder? Or is the deadline tomorrow.... european time...
    https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2024/
    Ah, thanks... so I can cancel on saturday then if my pondering takes some time

• Sunday, February 18 at 7:00 a.m. PT
      • Ten Club Members-Only Presale request window closes.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 

Is it too difficult for the system to assign us a lower priority once we “win” the first show we put in for? Seems like that would be an easy fix, so some fans don’t get completely shut out and beaten out by others who win multiple times. Seniority should work same way, get great seats once each tour. Caste rules.
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    demetrios said:

Clear variant also avaliable: https://recordstore.co.uk/products/dark-matter-d2c-vinyl?_pos=7&_sid=d2122d845&_ss=r&oseid=oLQhn1PK5jbM1J4N6T5rwrQG

Personally I love the 10c Red variant 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound Posts: 624
    edited February 15
    Deadlines for Ten Club lottery entries:
    Oz/New Zealand shows - already closed
    European shows (yes, this does include England) - 7am PDT / 3pm GMT / 4pm CET
    North American shows - Sunday - 7am PDT 
    Post edited by Planet of Sound on
  • beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think I saw people wondering if there is still early entry for GA... Found this for North America in the FAQs (didn't check Europe):
    What is the GA Pit or Reserved - Standing or Seating option?

Select this option if you are willing to stand in GA or sit through the show as you may be selected for either. If selected for GA standing tickets, you will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door, at venues where early entry is permitted. If selected for Reserved Seating, your tickets will be assigned based on seniority in Ten Club.

FAQ says "Members with reserved tickets will enter the venue at the regular door time." doesn't sound like early entry to me.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,340
    demetrios said:

Clear variant also avaliable: https://recordstore.co.uk/products/dark-matter-d2c-vinyl?_pos=7&_sid=d2122d845&_ss=r&oseid=oLQhn1PK5jbM1J4N6T5rwrQG

Personally I love the 10c Red variant 

I could be wrong though.

TinaE said:
    vampC83 said:
    Zen23 said:

Da wäre ich mir diesem Mal nicht so sicher. In den vergangen Jahren gab es auf der Waldbühne Berlin auch für die Ränge nur einen einzigen Bereich. Man konnte sich hinsetzen, wo man wollte. Der Saalplan Grafik im Ten Club Presale nach zu urteilen, wird der Sitzplatzbereich 2024 in Blöcke aufgeteilt. Und das wiederum macht es wahrscheinlich, da wie auch bei anderen Konzerten auf der Waldbühne die Sitzplätze klar nummeriert sind.

I wouldn't be so sure about that this time. In previous years, there was only one area for seating at the Waldbühne Berlin. You could sit wherever you wanted. Judging by the seating plan graphic in the Ten Club Presale, the seating area will be divided into blocks in 2024. And that in turn makes it likely, as the seats are clearly numbered, just like at other concerts on the Waldbühne.
    Ich bin hier im Forum normalerweise eher die stille Mitleserin aber ich bin in in den deutschen Foren Festivals United und pearl-jam.de auf eine Info gestoßen, die hoffentlich nützlich ist.

Es haben ja schon einige darauf hingewiesen, dass der Saalplan für die Waldbühne eine Block-Aufteilung vermuten lässt und keine freie Platzwahl, wie bisher. 

Im pearl-jam.de Forum hat ein User Live Nation diesbezüglich angeschrieben und bekam folgende Antwort:

"Antwort gerade von Live Nation:

PJ Waldbühne hat nummerierte Sitzplätze, keine freie Platzwahl!
    Es gibt weiter oben also im freien Verkauf auch günstigere Sitzplatz-Preise, wie genau konnte sie aber nicht sagen."

Hier der Link: https://www.pearl-jam.de/index.php/topic,8711.msg325949.html#new

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am usually a silent reader here in the forum, but I came across some information in the German forums Festivals United and pearl-jam.de that I hope will be useful.

Some have already pointed out that the seating plan for the Waldbühne suggests a block layout and not a free choice of seats, as was previously the case.

In the pearl-jam.de forum, a user wrote to Live Nation about this and received the following reply:

"Reply just in from Live Nation:

PJ Waldbühne has numbered seats, no free seating!
    So there are also cheaper seat prices further up in the free sale, but they couldn't say exactly how."

I found something else at Helpster regarding the Waldbühne seating plan:
    There is a seating plan for the ranks, which are divided into blocks. The tickets become cheaper as you sit in the higher ranks.
    The price category of the tickets depends on the seating plan
    The seating plan is divided into blocks A to L, plus the interior space. You get the most expensive tickets for blocks A to E, but it is cheaper in the upper ranks I to L.
    When purchasing tickets, it is not always possible to choose exactly which block you would like to sit in. It depends on the type of event. There are no seat tickets; you can freely choose your seat within your block.

was wondering the same. i've checked the waldbühne-website: some events have numbered seats, some don't. would be a bit misleading if they sell "seated", but then you'd have to battle for the best seats in the block? if that was the case it should say "you can coose a seat within block XY"?
    SE219519 said:
    I decided not to go. Also I'm thinking maybe it's not worth being member of the 10c anymore. Maybe I'll wait until next year, maybe european tour again, and we'll see if things change or not.
    i feel you. sigh.
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    How high do you think demand will be for the Manchester show? Will it be possible to get tickets in the regular presale as well as in the coming weeks and months?
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 
    I went 6/6 on the last tour with priority. 

Put in for 10 shows this tour, so will let you know as a real experiment.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    beeswax said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think I saw people wondering if there is still early entry for GA... Found this for North America in the FAQs (didn't check Europe):

Select this option if you are willing to stand in GA or sit through the show as you may be selected for either. If selected for GA standing tickets, you will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door, at venues where early entry is permitted. If selected for Reserved Seating, your tickets will be assigned based on seniority in Ten Club.

FAQ says "Members with reserved tickets will enter the venue at the regular door time." doesn't sound like early entry to me.

People were only wondering about GA. Why would anyone want early entry for reserved seats?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    kaw753 said:
    JBob87 said:

I also put in for ten shows (everything in the west from Vancouver through Seattle). If I get all ten, it won't be an accident. It will be what I wanted.

I don't have concerns about being in a "bad" seat. I just want to go to the shows. If I'm in the upper deck, it won't bother me. My only concern about being farther away is that I might end up in a section where people will not want to stand throughout the show. That's generally never been an issue in the fan club seats I've usually had (163xxx).
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:
    PJ_Soul said:

People were only wondering about GA. Why would anyone want early entry for reserved seats?
    Merch, I assume. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    BF25394 said:
    kaw753 said:
    JBob87 said:

I also put in for ten shows (everything in the west from Vancouver through Seattle). If I get all ten, it won't be an accident. It will be what I wanted.

I don't have concerns about being in a "bad" seat. I just want to go to the shows. If I'm in the upper deck, it won't bother me. My only concern about being farther away is that I might end up in a section where people will not want to stand throughout the show. That's generally never been an issue in the fan club seats I've usually had (163xxx).
    I'm really just hoping to hit GA on one of them and find a ticket buddy on the second night. I have had no issues scoring good to great tickets on F2F (but I have never tried for NYC or Philly, so don't take my word on those cities).

The one I am pretty sure on is Missoula and that is the one show I hope to attend as I will combine it with Yellowstone.
  • anyone put in for the commemorative ticket for $10?
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    I did, twice. It's a separate ten bucks for Vancouver and for the U.S. shows.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • bertanbertan Posts: 266
    edited February 16
    JBob87 said:

Is it too difficult for the system to assign us a lower priority once we “win” the first show we put in for? Seems like that would be an easy fix, so some fans don’t get completely shut out and beaten out by others who win multiple times. Seniority should work same way, get great seats once each tour. Caste rules.

There are lots of easy fixes here. Not bundling the standing and seated tickets, making sure standing tickets gets early entry, allowing people to sell their tickets lower than the face value, splitting the seated ticket requests into two or three tiers so there are budget options for those who cannot afford the current prices... These are the ones I could think in a minute, there are more fixes than you can shake a stick at. But I don't think people in charge are interested in fixes one bit.
    Post edited by bertan on
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Merch, I assume. 
    Even if i win GA i don't need to go in early i'm not sure why people are so crazy about getting the rail!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    Same. I always walk in 20 minutes before the show. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX said:
    This^^^^
  • ComeToTX said:
    This^^^^
    Which shows are you putting in for ?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    ComeToTX said:
    This^^^^
    Which shows are you putting in for ?
    i haven't yet but most likely Baltimore & philly screw MSG no stadiums 
  • Can someone please confirm, do I need to somehow register for tickets in the same order or can I place multiple orders? I thought I read this but I have covid and May be losing my mind. For example I want 2 Dublin 2 Fenway and it won’t let me buy them at the same time. Thoughts?
    April 29, 2003 Pepsi Arena, Albany                September 15, 2005 Bell Center, Montreal                          May 16, 2006 Meadows, Hartford

June 28, 2008 Comcast Center, Mansfield     October 25, 2013 XL Center, Hartford                                 August 5, 2016 Fenway Park, Boston

August 7, 2016 Fenway Park, Boston             September 2, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston                          September 4, 2018 Fenway Park, Boston

June 22, 2024 Marlay Park, Dublin                 September 15, 2024 Fenway Park, Boston                        September 17, 2024 Fenway Park, Boston     

“If I had known then, what I know now."          “It makes much more sense to live in the present tense”   “There's an upside of down." 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Can someone please confirm, do I need to somehow register for tickets in the same order or can I place multiple orders? I thought I read this but I have covid and May be losing my mind. For example I want 2 Dublin 2 Fenway and it won’t let me buy them at the same time. Thoughts?
    You are doing it right. You can not put USA shows together with anything but USA shows. 
  • So does this mean that I can do two separate requests? One for Dublin one for Fenway ?
    April 29, 2003 Pepsi Arena, Albany                September 15, 2005 Bell Center, Montreal                          May 16, 2006 Meadows, Hartford

June 28, 2008 Comcast Center, Mansfield     October 25, 2013 XL Center, Hartford                                 August 5, 2016 Fenway Park, Boston

August 7, 2016 Fenway Park, Boston             September 2, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston                          September 4, 2018 Fenway Park, Boston

June 22, 2024 Marlay Park, Dublin                 September 15, 2024 Fenway Park, Boston                        September 17, 2024 Fenway Park, Boston     

“If I had known then, what I know now."          “It makes much more sense to live in the present tense”   “There's an upside of down."