Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• vampC83vampC83 Posts: 23
    edited February 15
    Zen23 said:
    TinaE said:
    FBech sagte:
     Berlin kostet im gesamten Veranstaltungsort beim Vorverkauf für 10 Clubs 175 Euro, kein Unterschied. Wird der allgemeine Verkauf den gleichen Preis haben? 
    Das würde mich auch interessieren...wir haben TenClub-Tickets für beide Tage reserviert, aber wird das funktionieren?? Was mich auch beunruhigt, ist die Tatsache, dass neuerdings zwischen dem Golden Circle oder einem Sitzplatz oder nur einem Sitzplatz unterschieden wird, obwohl der Preis für die Tickets gleich ist. In der Waldbühne wird es hoffentlich keine Sitzplatznummern geben, da es dort nur Sitzbankreihen gibt. Ich hoffe, dass es weiterhin möglich ist, einen Sitzplatz zu wählen, wie es bei den Konzerten 2018 und 2022 der Fall war...
    Da wäre ich mir diesem Mal nicht so sicher. In den vergangen Jahren gab es auf der Waldbühne Berlin auch für die Ränge nur einen einzigen Bereich. Man konnte sich hinsetzen, wo man wollte. Der Saalplan Grafik im Ten Club Presale nach zu urteilen, wird der Sitzplatzbereich 2024 in Blöcke aufgeteilt. Und das wiederum macht es wahrscheinlich, da wie auch bei anderen Konzerten auf der Waldbühne die Sitzplätze klar nummeriert sind.

I wouldn't be so sure about that this time. In previous years, there was only one area for seating at the Waldbühne Berlin. You could sit wherever you wanted. Judging by the seating plan graphic in the Ten Club Presale, the seating area will be divided into blocks in 2024. And that in turn makes it likely, as the seats are clearly numbered, just like at other concerts on the Waldbühne.
    Ich bin hier im Forum normalerweise eher die stille Mitleserin aber ich bin in in den deutschen Foren Festivals United und pearl-jam.de auf eine Info gestoßen, die hoffentlich nützlich ist.

Es haben ja schon einige darauf hingewiesen, dass der Saalplan für die Waldbühne eine Block-Aufteilung vermuten lässt und keine freie Platzwahl, wie bisher. 

Im pearl-jam.de Forum hat ein User Live Nation diesbezüglich angeschrieben und bekam folgende Antwort:

"Antwort gerade von Live Nation:

PJ Waldbühne hat nummerierte Sitzplätze, keine freie Platzwahl!
    Es gibt weiter oben also im freien Verkauf auch günstigere Sitzplatz-Preise, wie genau konnte sie aber nicht sagen."

Hier der Link: https://www.pearl-jam.de/index.php/topic,8711.msg325949.html#new

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am usually a silent reader here in the forum, but I came across some information in the German forums Festivals United and pearl-jam.de that I hope will be useful.

Some have already pointed out that the seating plan for the Waldbühne suggests a block layout and not a free choice of seats, as was previously the case.

In the pearl-jam.de forum, a user wrote to Live Nation about this and received the following reply:

"Reply just in from Live Nation:

PJ Waldbühne has numbered seats, no free seating!
    So there are also cheaper seat prices further up in the free sale, but they couldn't say exactly how."

Post edited by vampC83 on
    2006 - Berlin; 2009 - London; 2010 - London; 2012 - Manchester II, Berlin; 2014 - Amsterdam I, Milan, Berlin; 2018 - Milan, Padova, Krakow, Berlin; 2022 - Berlin, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London I & II
    Ed solo: 2012 - London; 2017 - Amsterdam, Berlin, Florence; 2019 - Berlin, Düsseldorf
    BRAD: 2013 - Cologne
    Soundgarden: 2011 - Rock am Ring; Dortmund
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    SE219519 said:
    SE219519 said:
    How did you reach the conclusion that you can get the worst seats in the venue in the 10c lottery? isn't it supposed that they sell the best seats for the club? maybe I missed something.
    premium tickets are sold by ticketmaster during general sale as best seats, so if you select standing or seated in the lottery, and you get the seated, you end up having seated tickets further back than the premium
    Are we sure 10c seats are behind premium seats?

"Ten Club ticketed areas will be highlighted on the seating chart during the ticket request process. Due to high demand at many of these shows, Ten Club seats can be located in some of the upper sections."

Unmistakable. Unfortunately.
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,026
    Zen23 said:
    How likely do you think it is that Pearl Jam will announce a second concert at the Co-op Live Arena on June 24 or 26?
    I think unlikely. With London being a huge show and possibly more difficult to sell out why announce a third date in the UK.

im still hoping for a 2nd London show - a la Astoria 2006 or Shepard's Bush 2009 - we can dream.
    Shepard's Bush Ten Club tickets only show would be quite the thing...since we're dreaming.
    Nature drunk and High
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    Zen23 said:
    SE219519 said:
    SE219519 said:
    How did you reach the conclusion that you can get the worst seats in the venue in the 10c lottery? isn't it supposed that they sell the best seats for the club? maybe I missed something.
    premium tickets are sold by ticketmaster during general sale as best seats, so if you select standing or seated in the lottery, and you get the seated, you end up having seated tickets further back than the premium
    Are we sure 10c seats are behind premium seats?

"Ten Club ticketed areas will be highlighted on the seating chart during the ticket request process. Due to high demand at many of these shows, Ten Club seats can be located in some of the upper sections."

Unmistakable. Unfortunately.
    Totally agree. One more reason not to do the lottery
  • SlaintchSlaintch Posts: 21
    I don’t understand the obligation of having a bank account or debit card within the country of the event(s) in order to sell Fan-to-Fan. Certainly not inside the Euro Zone where you can transfer money instantly in another country at no cost. 
    Can Ten Club confirm this obligation does not apply for sales inside the Euro Zone?
    Thanks
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    greytouk said:
    I had pit tickets for the 4/20/2016 Raleigh NC show that was cancelled in protest of the despicable anti-transgender "Bathroom Bill". Though I was horribly disappointed, I absolutely supported the Band's decision. We were given to understand that once the offensive bullshit law was done away with, they would prioritize coming back and rewarding the supportive but heartbroken fans with a killer show. The initial announcement said "In the meantime we will be watching with hope and waiting in line for a time when we can return."

That was 8 years ago. There is not a single show on this tour anywhere in the southeast US.

How about Baltimore as well. They said they’d offer something for fans who lost tickets to that show. Crickets.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,076
    edited February 15
    Slaintch said:
    I don’t understand the obligation of having a bank account or debit card within the country of the event(s) in order to sell Fan-to-Fan. Certainly not inside the Euro Zone where you can transfer money instantly in another country at no cost. 
    Can Ten Club confirm this obligation does not apply for sales inside the Euro Zone?
    Thanks
    I don't know how it works for the Euro zone, but I do know this is a tickemaster policy, not a 10C policy, I encountered this last year when I wanted to sell a ticket for a show I had in Dublin... I couldn't resell it through TM as I didn't have an Irish bank account. 

By all means though, email 10c, they still might be able to clarify for you. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    edited February 15
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:
    i don't know how to feel about all of this. i was so excited about the announcement - finally good news during those weird times - now i'm just dissapointed. i can afford it, yet it doesn't feel fair and i did hold them to a higher standard.

of course capitalism is a bitch, the whole industry is complex and it's easy to whine "it's too expensive" without knowing the details and calculations. infaltion and covid was tough (although the concert industry got a lot of compensation here), yada yada. the circumstances haven't just been tough for artists, but for many of us non-millionaires, too.

yes, some other acts charge even more, but how's that a good excuse? on the other hand arctic monkeys last year were 60e and the prices for smaller shows generally haven't changed drastically. do they pay their employees much less? do they sleep in worse hotels and drink worse champagne? in fact, i don't understand why older artists often charge so much more, bono, neil young and mick jagger don't have to worry about their retirement, do they?

maybe there are some good arguments, but i don't see them and therefore feeling quite ripped off.

the only good reason for those doubled ticket prices i can think of is they don't want us to travel so much.

My wife bought us a small carvel cake tonight to celebrate Valentine’s Day. $35 usd. Please let that sink in how expensive that is for a small cake. Everything is expensive.

does PJ have more employees. Probably. Do they need better accommodations with needs that come with aging, larger families and circles of friends, more equipment. More physical therapy. More medical needs. Probably. Do the challenges of aging add to the cost, considering the full tour is around 30 shows and younger bands can spread out their overhead by playing 50 shows? Of course it’s much more expensive for PJ.

I was at a major arena show recently. 50 tractor trailer trucks with equipment. Probably a crew of 100 working on the tour, with many on the backline unionized. It’s easy to forget how incredibly expensive a major tour can be.

My issue isn't really the price in general. My problem is that the best tix and the worst tix cost the same price. I am genuinely shocked that PJ is doing that. Not having tiered pricing, and giving people a chance to choose less expensive tix by sacrificing proximity to the stage, and making people pay over $200CAD for upper level tix makes zero sense to me.

I 100% agree with that. I have a terrible number (my fault as I procrastinated 20 years about joining) but to be punished every show every tour is harsh, while the same fans sit next to the stage every show. The most unfair ticket policy in the history of the concert industry. But to also also pay the same price as those on the rail? The second worst ticket policy on earth. 

PJ Premium is fairer than those two policies. At least having a separate draw for upper level for the first time in the history this diabolical ticketing policy is fair. Let’s see whether some 70xxx fans are real fans by willing to sit behind me in the uppers, because for the first time ever, we have the choice to rule out sitting in the nose bleeds(thanks PJ!) But they’ll be in row 1 in the uppers, so they always win.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
    Slaintch said:
    Thanks
    I don't know how it works for the Euro zone, but I do know this is a tickemaster policy, not a 10C policy, I encountered this last year when I wanted to sell a ticket for a show I had in Dublin... I couldn't resell it through TM as I didn't have an Irish bank account. 

By all means though, email 10c, they still might be able to clarify for you

BUT ultimately you managed to sell it? and if so, how?
    edited February 15
    Slaintch said:
    Thanks
    it's for making people creating more bank accounts I believe, which tells me likely they get some % from the bank fees. Would not be surprised. Agree with you though, we should bomb them by email about this, they are replying quite fast these days (at least)
  • I decided not to go. Also I'm thinking maybe it's not worth being member of the 10c anymore. Maybe I'll wait until next year, maybe european tour again, and we'll see if things change or not.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,076
    Slaintch said:
    Thanks

I listed it on reddit, and sold it direct to someone via paypal & TM ticket transfer. 

I don't that that you'll have that option if these 10C tickets are non-transferrable. 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    edited February 15
    Sorry for asking a question that is answered somewhere....

I had some 10c tickets to London a year or two ago and I sold it to somewhere here quickly and easily with a Paypal transfer (I should have gone to those shows, but whatever). Looking at the Dublin show, will I be able to do that with a Paypal transfer or will these only be unloaded with a F2F type thing? I don't have an EU/IRE based bank account, so would rather just not bother if there is a pain in the ass to unload these.

Also... the 10c presale for the DUB gold circle is a lottery and not just a straight up purchase like London BST?
    Post edited by kaw753 on
  • bleeckerbleecker Posts: 58
    SE219519 said:
    I decided not to go. Also I'm thinking maybe it's not worth being member of the 10c anymore. Maybe I'll wait until next year, maybe european tour again, and we'll see if things change or not.
    Same thoughts exactly...
  • Do people really think that them sending out a reminder a day or so before the drawing is a sign of poor ticket sales?  Seems like a bit of a stretch, no?
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,924
    JSBE said:
    Anyone else getting this error message when going through the US 10c link (https://tenclub-us.request.ticketmaster.com)? 

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

Went all the way through the process and when I submitted this popped up and now I cannot get back in.

I presume it is just everyone trying to get through now. Fun times.

Yep, still getting this for the UK shows. Drat!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:
    i don't know how to feel about all of this. i was so excited about the announcement - finally good news during those weird times - now i'm just dissapointed. i can afford it, yet it doesn't feel fair and i did hold them to a higher standard.

of course capitalism is a bitch, the whole industry is complex and it's easy to whine "it's too expensive" without knowing the details and calculations. infaltion and covid was tough (although the concert industry got a lot of compensation here), yada yada. the circumstances haven't just been tough for artists, but for many of us non-millionaires, too.

yes, some other acts charge even more, but how's that a good excuse? on the other hand arctic monkeys last year were 60e and the prices for smaller shows generally haven't changed drastically. do they pay their employees much less? do they sleep in worse hotels and drink worse champagne? in fact, i don't understand why older artists often charge so much more, bono, neil young and mick jagger don't have to worry about their retirement, do they?

maybe there are some good arguments, but i don't see them and therefore feeling quite ripped off.

the only good reason for those doubled ticket prices i can think of is they don't want us to travel so much.

My wife bought us a small carvel cake tonight to celebrate Valentine’s Day. $35 usd. Please let that sink in how expensive that is for a small cake. Everything is expensive.

does PJ have more employees. Probably. Do they need better accommodations with needs that come with aging, larger families and circles of friends, more equipment. More physical therapy. More medical needs. Probably. Do the challenges of aging add to the cost, considering the full tour is around 30 shows and younger bands can spread out their overhead by playing 50 shows? Of course it’s much more expensive for PJ.

I was at a major arena show recently. 50 tractor trailer trucks with equipment. Probably a crew of 100 working on the tour, with many on the backline unionized. It’s easy to forget how incredibly expensive a major tour can be.

My issue isn't really the price in general. My problem is that the best tix and the worst tix cost the same price. I am genuinely shocked that PJ is doing that. Not having tiered pricing, and giving people a chance to choose less expensive tix by sacrificing proximity to the stage, and making people pay over $200CAD for upper level tix makes zero sense to me.
    This is exactly it.  The prices for good or decent seats are fair.  The fact that the worst seats in the house are the same price is the issue.  Those seats were never part of the 10C ticket allotment, even as recent as the 2022 tour.  It started last year.  This has been spun into "getting more tickets to 10C members than ever before," but in reality it is a strategic play to sell the worst seats at top dollar that would not sell at that price in a public sale.  Every 10C seat they sell has been pushed back, whether you're a 4 digit number or 750xxx.  Doesn't matter.  The reasons why are PJ Premium seating and no GA only option (more fans getting a seat they'll never use that entered with "GA or bust" mindset).  Just look at the MSG seating map.  They could improve this by doing two things.  1.  Tiered pricing.  2.  Allow tickets to be sold on Fan to Fan for less than face value. 

At the end of the day, they can do whatever they want.  I personally will not risk getting a nosebleed at Wrigley for $191 that I can buy for <half that price the week of the show or get better seats on F2F.  First time ever I won't enter the lottery.  I'm fully aware this is yelling into the void.  
  • Been a while since I logged in here - hope everyone's ok. I'm going to see through the above threads about a Manchester pre-meet nearer the time assuming I can bag 1 ticket through the pre-sale, I'm not purchasing for anyone else this time :( - no commuting though so saving travel / hotel.  I'm going to rough Manchester's mean streets in a rusty campervan. 
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • Again, the price includes fees. If we saw $140 a ticket and then at checkout saw $180, we would be bitching to Ticketmaster. As for “best seats”, it seems like this still is the case except for MSG, LA, and somewhat Seattle. Even opening the first side stage section next to the stage would do wonders for MSG applicants.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,924
    JSBE said:
    Anyone else getting this error message when going through the US 10c link (https://tenclub-us.request.ticketmaster.com)? 

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

Went all the way through the process and when I submitted this popped up and now I cannot get back in.

I presume it is just everyone trying to get through now. Fun times.

Yep, still getting this for the UK shows. Drat!

Despite the "Bad request - request too long" error, I got £1 charged to my c/c, so I assume it's gone through, and the site is knackered. Happy days.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,815
    Again, the price includes fees. If we saw $140 a ticket and then at checkout saw $180, we would be bitching to Ticketmaster. As for “best seats”, it seems like this still is the case except for MSG, LA, and somewhat Seattle. Even opening the first side stage section next to the stage would do wonders for MSG applicants.

The first section has always been friends, family and VIPs. But the elimination of the rest of the lower bowl is a serious bummer. The back of the floor sucks. 200s closer to the stage are better seats as long as you are no more than 15 rows up. Even 200s at the back of the arena are better than back of the floor. Going for P2 only.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:

This is exactly it.  The prices for good or decent seats are fair.  The fact that the worst seats in the house are the same price is the issue.  Those seats were never part of the 10C ticket allotment, even as recent as the 2022 tour.  It started last year.  This has been spun into "getting more tickets to 10C members than ever before," but in reality it is a strategic play to sell the worst seats at top dollar that would not sell at that price in a public sale.  Every 10C seat they sell has been pushed back, whether you're a 4 digit number or 750xxx.  Doesn't matter.  The reasons why are PJ Premium seating and no GA only option (more fans getting a seat they'll never use that entered with "GA or bust" mindset).  Just look at the MSG seating map.  They could improve this by doing two things.  1.  Tiered pricing.  2.  Allow tickets to be sold on Fan to Fan for less than face value. 

At the end of the day, they can do whatever they want.  I personally will not risk getting a nosebleed at Wrigley for $191 that I can buy for <half that price the week of the show or get better seats on F2F.  First time ever I won't enter the lottery.  I'm fully aware this is yelling into the void.  
    You nailed it. Have to miss Wrigley this year (briefly debated telling my brother he needs to find a new best man) but if I was going I 100% would be waiting out the secondary market. Ballparks are too big to take this gamble. 
  • Having gone back and forth about London for the last couple of days due to FOMO, I've landed on not entering. Nothing to do with the price which is definitely high, but more to do with the fact I want standing or at the very least a decent seat for that price. The fact you could pay 160 and end up on the back row is ridiculous. The only reason for them to do it this way rather than give a GA only option, is because they went to scam their most loyal fans by offloading all the crap tickets at premium prices as they know they have a loyal audience who'll risk it for a small chance of front standing. Worst case scenario I'll buy 2 nosebleed seats the week of for about £40 each. 
    bleecker said:
    SE219519 said:
    I decided not to go. Also I'm thinking maybe it's not worth being member of the 10c anymore. Maybe I'll wait until next year, maybe european tour again, and we'll see if things change or not.
    Same thoughts exactly...THIS. only way to change things
    Slaintch said:
    Thanks

I listed it on reddit, and sold it direct to someone via paypal & TM ticket transfer. 

I don't that that you'll have that option if these 10C tickets are non-transferrable. 
    as they don't specify and actually in the ten club page (so for 10c members) they declare the possibility to sell f2f, i understand it will be possible (still with the bank account issue)
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Zod said:
    I miss the 10c lottery  :|
    I miss getting a flyer in the mail and selecting the one show you want tickets for and mailing it back with a check or money order.  no stress at all except trying to get it mailed back as quickly as you could.  ;)

Sort of.  It was possible to not get tickets back then too.  The problem being, because it was by snail mail, you wouldn't know if you got the tickets until after the regular onsale.  We duplicated our Missoula '98 tix, because we weren't 100% sure.  In hindsight if I understood Montana was a small market I wouldn't of sweated it.  It was also the easiest experience I ever had buying regular tickets.  I called, it rang, I asked for 2 tickets, got GA.

I still remember putting in for Boston 1 in 2003 then watching the public tickets sell out before they went on sale. When they announced a 3rd night, I pounced on the tickets. When I found out I'd gotten tickets through the lottery, I sold night 3 on eBay... Only to have to go out and buy a worse pair after night 1 (if I had known then what I know now...). :lol:
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Having gone back and forth about London for the last couple of days due to FOMO, I've landed on not entering. Nothing to do with the price which is definitely high, but more to do with the fact I want standing or at the very least a decent seat for that price. The fact you could pay 160 and end up on the back row is ridiculous. The only reason for them to do it this way rather than give a GA only option, is because they went to scam their most loyal fans by offloading all the crap tickets at premium prices as they know they have a loyal audience who'll risk it for a small chance of front standing. Worst case scenario I'll buy 2 nosebleed seats the week of for about £40 each. 
    I've considered it the same and decided to enter a) for chance of being in the golden circle and b) hoping that early entry still applies for Manchester and Barcelona. 

I have to say, if I end up with terrible seats there's no way to justify being a member of 10c as a fan from the UK. Extortionate merch shipping means I buy nothing from the shop any more and if there's no advantage ticket wise I might as well keep the $40 each year.  
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    edited February 15
    PJ_Soul said:
    beeswax said:

I 100% agree with that. I have a terrible number (my fault as I procrastinated 20 years about joining) but to be punished every show every tour is harsh, while the same fans sit next to the stage every show. The most unfair ticket policy in the history of the concert industry. But to also also pay the same price as those on the rail? The second worst ticket policy on earth. 

PJ Premium is fairer than those two policies. At least having a separate draw for upper level for the first time in the history this diabolical ticketing policy is fair. Let’s see whether some 70xxx fans are real fans by willing to sit behind me in the uppers, because for the first time ever, we have the choice to rule out sitting in the nose bleeds(thanks PJ!) But they’ll be in row 1 in the uppers, so they always win.

I was a member in the early 00s, but let my membership lapse due to financial issues (I know the yearly cost, especially back then, wasn't terrible, but when you know you won't be able to afford to go to concerts, you kind of ask yourself what's the point?) and re-joined in 2016, so I get the terrible number issue, but it is what it is. I've seen plenty of shows from the far side of the arena, I don't mind getting those seats through the club, as it's still easier than fighting through the Ticketmaster general public sale.
    That said, I 100% agree that the upper levels should be significantly less than lower. I don't even mind the current prices, just hat there should be different levels. You could even jack up the prices of the "best" seats and split the seating into more categories.

I have no idea how much input the band members have on this, or if it is just the management making these decisions, but there's no way this is all Ticketmaster.
    Post edited by mpedone on
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • beeswax said:

• For $35 you should’ve gotten cookiepussy.