Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    JimmyV said:
    Perhaps it is somewhere among the comments, but will one commemorative ticket package for the flat rate of $10 cover every show and every ticket??
    No. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Perhaps it is somewhere among the comments, but will one commemorative ticket package for the flat rate of $10 cover every show and every ticket??
    Yes. But TM is very bad about sending them. You will likely have to chase them down for them.

Two different answers lol. From what I read it sounds like one flat rate ticket package of $10 covers any ticket you get through the 10C....and yeah TM is shit about everything, I'm expecting an issue regardless.
    That's supposed to be the case. And often is. But as we learned last year, if you later upgrade from your original seat assignments (via F2F), you may not receive them unless you pester them repeatedly.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    GlowGirl said:
    Yes. But TM is very bad about sending them. You will likely have to chase them down for them.

I never got mine in 2023,... I think they should just setup a Kiosk where once you are inside you can scan your barcode and ticket will print - Im sure there would be a long line for them just the same as posters and stickers .. 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,548
    GlowGirl said:

I never got mine in 2023,... I think they should just setup a Kiosk where once you are inside you can scan your barcode and ticket will print - Im sure there would be a long line for them just the same as posters and stickers .. 
    or an option to buy them after you attend the concert. I think thats how the Chicago Blackhawks do it 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • Hi

for what it’s worth, I got a response from ticketmaster ireland (I’m in England) about reselling tickets and not having a bank account in the same country.
    it sounds to me like it’s possible if you are on the list of approved countries, so not limited to country of the concert.
    please don’t take me word as truth and check yourself but this is what I’ve been sent. I’ve not had time to read through it in detail.

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360018674158-Can-I-sell-my-tickets-on-resale-if-I-live-outside-the-UK

valid countries are below. 

• Clare ParsonsClare Parsons Drogheda, Ireland Posts: 26
    BF25394 said:
    Here's my thoughts.  Don't @ me!

There's a lot of unhappy people here raging against the ticket cost.  I agree.  They are extortionate and over-priced.  It goes against the values that I thought PJ held dear - times have changed since the '90's!

However, that's where we are.  If people aren't happy the only way to communicate that to the band is to vote with your feet.  Send a message by not buying tickets - granted, that's difficult as we're all fans here.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth; if you don't like it, don't buy the tickets.  That'd send a pretty clear message to PJ that something ain't right.

People need to stop misusing the word "extortion" or offshoots of it here. This is not extortion. Pearl Jam is not threatening you or using force to make you buy tickets. If the price is too steep, you do not have to buy tickets.
    o.k. - i misued the word 'estortionate.

But, I said exactly what you're saying; if the price is too steep, vote with your feet and don't go.  
    hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye
    BF25394 said:

There's a lot of unhappy people here raging against the ticket cost.  I agree.  They are extortionate and over-priced.  It goes against the values that I thought PJ held dear - times have changed since the '90's!

However, that's where we are.  If people aren't happy the only way to communicate that to the band is to vote with your feet.  Send a message by not buying tickets - granted, that's difficult as we're all fans here.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth; if you don't like it, don't buy the tickets.  That'd send a pretty clear message to PJ that something ain't right.

People need to stop misusing the word "extortion" or offshoots of it here. This is not extortion. Pearl Jam is not threatening you or using force to make you buy tickets. If the price is too steep, you do not have to buy tickets.
    "If the price is too steep" - This is the definition of extortionate. They aren’t saying pearl jam are threatening them.

Thank you!  Appreciate the back up.
    PS260715 said:
    BF25394 said:

The word they're looking for is "exorbitant".  But even then, I wouldn't say PJ's tickets prices are unreasonably high.  As Clare said, this is where we are these days.  The high prices are a symptom of an underlying problem, not the root cause. 
    Thank you!

I did actually mean 'exorbitant'.  cheers, appreciate you.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    edited February 15
    Get_Right said:
    So just letting you all know, if you have friend in London who is  Tottenham spurs fan club member, you can get tickets NOW they are packages but my friends and I have tickets sitting together pretty good seats , and you can get more then 2.  Pricey yes but your in and don't have to worry

To the members wanting good seats at msg, this is likely the reason the closest sections are not part of the p1 sections.

No way all of those sections are for season ticket holders.  It has never been that way in the past, even the most recent MSG shows.

Almost all sections now at msg in the lower level sidelines are now club seats. These are not your regular season ticket holders, these are now luxury ticket purchasers who get wined and dined at the garden. Plus NY has a ton of music industry connections. 

Edit, at best in past years, half the sideline seats were available to 10c, not all.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • stevenzstevenz Posts: 2
    Certainly the most expensive tickets I've ever bought by quite some margin. Over $100NZ more than I paid for the Foo Fighters tickets for their gig a couple of weeks ago and I expect to find myself at a similar distance from the band. At these prices this will likely be the last concert I ever go to outside of my own city. On the upside, I've always wanted to see Pixies, so if they do a decent set then I can put it down as a two-for-one and be less aggrieved, but as it is, I had to think for more than a couple of seconds if I could even justify this expense of going to see my all-time favourite band.

Thanks Ticketmaster et al. :angry:
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    stevenz said:
    Certainly the most expensive tickets I've ever bought by quite some margin. Over $100NZ more than I paid for the Foo Fighters tickets for their gig a couple of weeks ago and I expect to find myself at a similar distance from the band. At these prices this will likely be the last concert I ever go to outside of my own city. On the upside, I've always wanted to see Pixies, so if they do a decent set then I can put it down as a two-for-one and be less aggrieved, but as it is, I had to think for more than a couple of seconds if I could even justify this expense of going to see my all-time favourite band.

Thanks Ticketmaster et al. :angry:
    The Pixies will be good. I saw them at BST in 2022 and as headliners at a smaller venue in the US last year and they delivered both times. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    I think I saw people wondering if there is still early entry for GA... Found this for North America in the FAQs (didn't check Europe):
    What is the GA Pit or Reserved - Standing or Seating option?

Select this option if you are willing to stand in GA or sit through the show as you may be selected for either. If selected for GA standing tickets, you will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door, at venues where early entry is permitted. If selected for Reserved Seating, your tickets will be assigned based on seniority in Ten Club.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • chalonchalon Posts: 114
    Just an interesting counter-point. I need ADA seats. At least in the US, the ADA seats Ten Club offers are far and away better than the ADA seats you can get through verified fan or later by doing an ADA reseat (after getting a non-ADA seat). Plus due to legal reasons they can’t block off the best ADA seats as premium (at least not initially). The downside is there is a small inventory of ADA 10C seats so my chances of being drawn are lower. But if I do get drawn, I know I’ll have close to the best possible seats for me.

The prices are a little bit higher than I expected but at least for US prices it’s about average. I’m seeing Green Day in the fall and the tickets are worse seats but cost almost the same. U2 at the Sphere was more than double at face value. But I can appreciate that I’m privileged in that even this tour had prices double than what they are, I could afford it. I recognize not everyone is in that position and especially in Europe the sticker shock may be bigger since it’s a dramatic increase from the last tour.
  • Well, I've seen it all now. RSD 2024 list has just been released, and you can buy Dark Matter for the measly sum of only £99.99

This, coupled with ticket prices just screams "sell out"
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    I’ve resubmitted and sacked off London - looks a fairly high chance with a fairly recent membership number of a 160 quid seat in the nosebleeds. Will take my chances in general sale or f2f. Just Manchester via lottery for me 
    same here, yo!
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think I saw people wondering if there is still early entry for GA... Found this for North America in the FAQs (didn't check Europe):

Select this option if you are willing to stand in GA or sit through the show as you may be selected for either. If selected for GA standing tickets, you will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door, at venues where early entry is permitted. If selected for Reserved Seating, your tickets will be assigned based on seniority in Ten Club.

EXACTLY. for venues where is permitted. In Europe, only Lisbon and London, as shown by the tickets map (only venues with golden circles). I emailed 10c and they replied, "we have no information about this at the moment". Which I mean, it's bullshit, simply means there is no early entry, because everyone remembers that at every tour the early entry thing was specified during the presale phase. it's the first time that it's not specified, 1+1=2
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    PJ_Soul said:

EXACTLY. for venues where is permitted. In Europe, only Lisbon and London, as shown by the tickets map (only venues with golden circles). I emailed 10c and they replied, "we have no information about this at the moment". Which I mean, it's bullshit, simply means there is no early entry, because everyone remembers that at every tour the early entry thing was specified during the presale phase. it's the first time that it's not specified, 1+1=2
    It’s crazy to me some of the  Europe shows look like they will not get early entry with10C tickets compared to the general public GA tickets. On top of that 10C really has not addressed it at all. I mean why would anyone go with 10C tickets now when it is tied to reserved. 

FOS shows like London and NA shows are different obviously since they will sell out with 10C requests. 

• smaksmak Posts: 232
    on2legs said:
    I get the ten club bashing, but I think people are undervaluing the fan to fan perk arranged for us.  We don't have to pay additional fees to Ticketmaster to use it and tickets are limited to face value.  That's a huge benefit.  If you're persistent you can score tickets on F2F and they won't be above face value.
    But honestly why should 10c members have to go through all that. It's meant to be a privilege of membership . Not to spend months scanning for better then swapping 3 or 4 times to get better. 
    You "have to go through all that", because more people want tickets than there are tickets.  The alternative for any other act is stubhub.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    Well, I've seen it all now. RSD 2024 list has just been released, and you can buy Dark Matter for the measly sum of only £99.99

Where did you see it was 99.99? If true, that’s crazy
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,548
    Hawk123 said:
    Well, I've seen it all now. RSD 2024 list has just been released, and you can buy Dark Matter for the measly sum of only £99.99

Where did you see it was 99.99? If true, that’s crazy
    theres no way. its a run of 15k. they wouldnt come close to selling them all 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    I agree the face value F2F is a very good thing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946

How are prices already listed? I've not poked around too hard, but none of the shops around me in New Hampshire have anything actually listed.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • smak said:
    on2legs said:
    I get the ten club bashing, but I think people are undervaluing the fan to fan perk arranged for us.  We don't have to pay additional fees to Ticketmaster to use it and tickets are limited to face value.  That's a huge benefit.  If you're persistent you can score tickets on F2F and they won't be above face value.
    But honestly why should 10c members have to go through all that. It's meant to be a privilege of membership . Not to spend months scanning for better then swapping 3 or 4 times to get better. 
    You "have to go through all that", because more people want tickets than there are tickets.  The alternative for any other act is stubhub.
    For the UK shows (and probably other Europe locations) there would have been way less noise if TM had given an option of a lottery for standing tickets only. Instead, it is standing / seating.

It is the uncertainty that you could end up with standing OR nosebleed seat for exactly the same price that is really pissing people off.

I completely understand that the odds of scoring a ticket are higher if you are in a draw for standing/seats, but honestly, please let me make the decision if I want to reduce my chances, but be certain of getting a standing ticket if I am lucky enough.
  • mpedone said:

How are prices already listed? I've not poked around too hard, but none of the shops around me in New Hampshire have anything actually listed.
    https://www.roughtrade.com/en-gb/product/pearl-jam/dark-matter-rsd-2024
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    mpedone said:

Ah. When I change it to USD it just gives me the list with no prices.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 
    there you go on emore reason to not join lottery to me
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It’s crazy to me some of the  Europe shows look like they will not get early entry with10C tickets compared to the general public GA tickets. On top of that 10C really has not addressed it at all. I mean why would anyone go with 10C tickets now when it is tied to reserved. 

FOS shows like London and NA shows are different obviously since they will sell out with 10C requests. 

PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:

this.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited February 15
    mpedone said:

Would say for certain this is just a TBD price, and will be lowered when they get the actual prices
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • How long left until I have to cancel the lottery? Do I have 24 hours left to ponder? Or is the deadline tomorrow.... european time...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    edited February 15

RSD release will be £35.99
    Post edited by jonbond1779 on
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}