Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• chittychitty Posts: 609
    BF25394 said:
    chitty said:
    Guys, they’re only playing 35 shows as a “world tour” that’s why prices are high. Green Day and Foo are charging less but they’re also playing A LOT more shows. If we got a 2006 type tour pretty sure prices would be lower.

This is the point. They used to tour extensively and play 2.5-3 hour sets in arenas. Now alot of the shows on this tour, in particular in europe, are in huge venues and at high prices. It seems like a make as much as we can with less work. That's their right, but definitely not what made them popular and have a massive fan base.

The way I see it: age is a factor and PJ doesn't want to tour extensively and maybe even more importantly, play long sets. So they are playing the largest venues and charging as much as they can. Good on them, but for me in particularly, the days of seeing PJ multiple times on a tour are gone.
    It has been a long time since they toured extensively. The last time they played more than 36 shows in a calendar year was 2006, when they played 85 shows.

Fair point. I get it also, they are older now. However to clarify, I am voicing my opinion as to why I am struggling to find the value in my yearly 10c membership.
    I pay every year knowing PJ will tour every few years in my area or with luck I can make a trip happen to see them abroad. The benefit to paying for 10c has always been that 10c members always got the best tickets (GA or best seats). This is definitely not the case anymore. So with luck I could see PJ in Europe in the golden circle during a work trip. If I was to do that this year as a 10c member I'd be planing my trip around MAYBE geting golden circle, or maybe the worst seat in the house.

I thnk for alot of us, we have all seen PJ a bunch of times and have been spoiled. However that is what made us all loyal fans and 10c members. The benefits of that membership now are minimal.
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    If I sign up for two tickets to Dublin but one of us decides not to go, can we sell the tickets? We are not from Ireland, thats why I am asking. 
    no, if you don't have bank account from Ireland
    Tjm007 said:
    KM155315 said:
    Icbeiting said:
    Anyone remember when you had an opportunity to get two tickets. Period? None of this being able to get tickets for 23402304983 shows. Ever since they started doing that it's been an absolute shit show. I don't know why I'm even a 10C member anymore. It's not like:

- I even get tix now cause of the lottery (been shut out for years)
    - I'll pay $175/tix nowadays

I wish everyone good luck.
    Absolutely this. I’ve been a 10 club member for 21 years. Every single 10 Club ticket sale has been marred by problems. Then the experience of picking up the tickets is usually a shambles. There is never enough merchandise. Yes, we get let in early but that is it. 

Being a member of 10 club has been seriously devalued over the years to the point where I am wondering why I bother. 

So I’ve registered as a verified fan to see if the tickets will be any cheaper.

i don’t think they realise how difficult it will be to fill the Spurs stadium when Green Day are playing Wembley on the same day - and also it being Glastonbury weekend.

Just had another email reminding me to buy 10C tickets. Early signs of poor sales ?
    no, they usually did it in previous torus, just at different stages of the sale
    How does fan to fan exchange work for other countries outside of the US? Trying to put together a trip for Australia, but it’s nice to know I can turn to F2F if something comes up. 
    you need a bank account from the country where the concert is, otherwise you can't sell
    SE219519 said:
    Hi, I'm new writing here. Question: do 10c GA tickets include early entry to the venue? Thanks
    apparently not anymore from this tout, that is what seems. I emailed 10c and they said no news about this, which to me translates to, no go. Otherwise they could simply state it at this stage, just like in previous tours
  • BF25394 said:
    chitty said:
    Guys, they’re only playing 35 shows as a “world tour” that’s why prices are high. Green Day and Foo are charging less but they’re also playing A LOT more shows. If we got a 2006 type tour pretty sure prices would be lower.

This is the point. They used to tour extensively and play 2.5-3 hour sets in arenas. Now alot of the shows on this tour, in particular in europe, are in huge venues and at high prices. It seems like a make as much as we can with less work. That's their right, but definitely not what made them popular and have a massive fan base.

The way I see it: age is a factor and PJ doesn't want to tour extensively and maybe even more importantly, play long sets. So they are playing the largest venues and charging as much as they can. Good on them, but for me in particularly, the days of seeing PJ multiple times on a tour are gone.
    It has been a long time since they toured extensively. The last time they played more than 36 shows in a calendar year was 2006, when they played 85 shows.
    AND WHAT A TOUR IT WAS

52 dollars for a Milan ticket. 73 for Verona.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I've entered the 10C draw and hoping for standing tickets. If I get seats then I will try the Ticketmaster Registration for standing tickets.  If I get standing tickets then, I will just all my 10C seats via F2F.  Thats all ok isnt it?
  • I've entered the 10C draw and hoping for standing tickets. If I get seats then I will try the Ticketmaster Registration for standing tickets.  If I get standing tickets then, I will just all my 10C seats via F2F.  Thats all ok isnt it?
    If you have a bank account in the country where the tickets were bought. Otherwise you can't sell
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 235
    I'm still in shock about missing this tour. I have never missed a single European tour since 1996. Even though I don't have a lot of money, I always found a way to go,thanks to my father my ticket buddy,who always helped me. Fortunately, I was able to go see another of my heroes, Peter Gabriel, for 70€. But nothing equals pj and the joy that it brings to my heart. Instead, it's filled with sadness. I must be happy while it lasted but sad that it's ending. You can do better pj! Now on the way to see Idles for 43€

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited February 15
    In the "regular ticketmaster register presale", is that exactly the same thing as the tenclub one but for ticketmasters tickets and not tenclubs allotment? As in, it's the same two choices "GA or seating" and "seating" ? or can I go that route to pick "only interested in Ga, thank you". Or do I have to wait for the public clusterfuck sale to just focus on standing and not suddenly end up sitting  up in the rafters?
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,492
    edited February 15
    FBech sagte:
     Berlin kostet im gesamten Veranstaltungsort beim Vorverkauf für 10 Clubs 175 Euro, kein Unterschied. Wird der allgemeine Verkauf den gleichen Preis haben? 
    Das würde mich auch interessieren...wir haben TenClub-Tickets für beide Tage reserviert, aber wird das funktionieren?? Was mich auch beunruhigt, ist die Tatsache, dass neuerdings zwischen dem Golden Circle oder einem Sitzplatz oder nur einem Sitzplatz unterschieden wird, obwohl der Preis für die Tickets gleich ist. In der Waldbühne wird es hoffentlich keine Sitzplatznummern geben, da es dort nur Sitzbankreihen gibt. Ich hoffe, dass es weiterhin möglich ist, einen Sitzplatz zu wählen, wie es bei den Konzerten 2018 und 2022 der Fall war...
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • savoyadsavoyad Posts: 8
    bertan said:
    Two days gone and I still cannot decide whether I should try for London tickets or not. My wife, who's not massive fan like me, already said "You can go alone this time if you want", which cuts the costs in half. But I still cannot justify paying £160 and ending up with seats rather than the pit. I keep checking this thread, hoping to find some answers, but no luck so far :smile:

I thought we were supposed to get more financial stability as we got older. How on earth getting tickets was much less of a financial burden in my 20s than it is now? :lol:
    Me too.  The way I see it 10c is a gamble - it's probably the only way to get front pit, but on the other hand you might end up in the worst seats in the stadium (seats so bad they might not even sell on F2F). 
    My accommodation is booked, and I can't decide whether to gamble via 10c or wait and see how I get on in the more general sale / F2F.
    I'm inclined to gamble via 10c but the deadline is a lot of changes of mind away!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    I've entered the 10C draw and hoping for standing tickets. If I get seats then I will try the Ticketmaster Registration for standing tickets.  If I get standing tickets then, I will just all my 10C seats via F2F.  Thats all ok isnt it?
    This is my plan too, however I sense that if we bomb out on the presale, getting them in the general sale will be a disaster
    I have entered Manc and London and saw the 'fees' were over £100

Breaking down the actual costs the shows come in around £130, its fair to say this wasnt clear at all initially. 
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    How likely do you think it is that Pearl Jam will announce a second concert at the Co-op Live Arena on June 24 or 26?
    bertan said:
    Two days gone and I still cannot decide whether I should try for London tickets or not. My wife, who's not massive fan like me, already said "You can go alone this time if you want", which cuts the costs in half. But I still cannot justify paying £160 and ending up with seats rather than the pit. I keep checking this thread, hoping to find some answers, but no luck so far :smile:

I thought we were supposed to get more financial stability as we got older. How on earth getting tickets was much less of a financial burden in my 20s than it is now? :lol:
    It truly is a lottery this time around
    savoyad said:
    bertan said:

Me too.  The way I see it 10c is a gamble - it's probably the only way to get front pit, but on the other hand you might end up in the worst seats in the stadium (seats so bad they might not even sell on F2F). 
    My accommodation is booked, and I can't decide whether to gamble via 10c or wait and see how I get on in the more general sale / F2F.
    I'm inclined to gamble via 10c but the deadline is a lot of changes of mind away!
    i don't think is the only way this year at all, verified sale will have much better chance and at least if you don't get standing, you have no issue for reselling while if you get 10c lottery seated, then you have...
  • Zen23 said:
    How likely do you think it is that Pearl Jam will announce a second concert at the Co-op Live Arena on June 24 or 26?
    I think unlikely. With London being a huge show and possibly more difficult to sell out why announce a third date in the UK.
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    edited February 15
    TinaE said:
    FBech sagte:
     Berlin kostet im gesamten Veranstaltungsort beim Vorverkauf für 10 Clubs 175 Euro, kein Unterschied. Wird der allgemeine Verkauf den gleichen Preis haben? 
    Das würde mich auch interessieren...wir haben TenClub-Tickets für beide Tage reserviert, aber wird das funktionieren?? Was mich auch beunruhigt, ist die Tatsache, dass neuerdings zwischen dem Golden Circle oder einem Sitzplatz oder nur einem Sitzplatz unterschieden wird, obwohl der Preis für die Tickets gleich ist. In der Waldbühne wird es hoffentlich keine Sitzplatznummern geben, da es dort nur Sitzbankreihen gibt. Ich hoffe, dass es weiterhin möglich ist, einen Sitzplatz zu wählen, wie es bei den Konzerten 2018 und 2022 der Fall war...
    Da wäre ich mir diesem Mal nicht so sicher. In den vergangen Jahren gab es auf der Waldbühne Berlin auch für die Ränge nur einen einzigen Bereich. Man konnte sich hinsetzen, wo man wollte. Der Saalplan Grafik im Ten Club Presale nach zu urteilen, wird der Sitzplatzbereich 2024 in Blöcke aufgeteilt. Und das wiederum macht es wahrscheinlich, da wie auch bei anderen Konzerten auf der Waldbühne die Sitzplätze klar nummeriert sind.

I wouldn't be so sure about that this time. In previous years, there was only one area for seating at the Waldbühne Berlin. You could sit wherever you wanted. Judging by the seating plan graphic in the Ten Club Presale, the seating area will be divided into blocks in 2024. And that in turn makes it likely, as the seats are clearly numbered, just like at other concerts on the Waldbühne.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
    Zen23 said:
    Yeah I hope so but I strongly doubt it, there has not been a single rumour about a second date in manchester.......

But you never know - maybe the shift from 02 to the spurs ground changed things. We can dream right?

• How did you reach the conclusion that you can get the worst seats in the venue in the 10c lottery? isn't it supposed that they sell the best seats for the club? maybe I missed something.
  • SE219519 said:
    How did you reach the conclusion that you can get the worst seats in the venue in the 10c lottery? isn't it supposed that they sell the best seats for the club? maybe I missed something.
    Just look at the available tickets when making a selection. This tour it’s not necessarily the best (closest) seats
    SE219519 said:
    How did you reach the conclusion that you can get the worst seats in the venue in the 10c lottery? isn't it supposed that they sell the best seats for the club? maybe I missed something.
    premium tickets are sold by ticketmaster during general sale as best seats, so if you select standing or seated in the lottery, and you get the seated, you end up having seated tickets further back than the premium
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    Zen23 said:
    I think unlikely. With London being a huge show and possibly more difficult to sell out why announce a third date in the UK.

im still hoping for a 2nd London show - a la Astoria 2006 or Shepard's Bush 2009 - we can dream.
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
    I just hope the ticket placement goes well.......The reaction to the pricing will look like a storm in a teacup if it doesnt
  • SE219519SE219519 Posts: 7
    edited February 15
    SE219519 said:
    Just look at the available tickets when making a selection. This tour it’s not necessarily the best (closest) seats
    I'm looking Barcelona and in the map everything's in blue, but does it really mean they can seat you anywhere or it's just that they didn't highlight the 10c presale area?
  • SE219519 said:
    premium tickets are sold by ticketmaster during general sale as best seats, so if you select standing or seated in the lottery, and you get the seated, you end up having seated tickets further back than the premium
    Are we sure 10c seats are behind premium seats?

• SE219519 said:
    SE219519 said:
    I'm looking Barcelona and in the map everything's in blue, but does it really mean they can seat you anywhere or it's just that they didn't highlight the 10c presale area?
    Just checked myself, I think you could end up anywhere, blue or purple.
  • So just letting you all know, if you have friend in London who is  Tottenham spurs fan club member, you can get tickets NOW they are packages but my friends and I have tickets sitting together pretty good seats , and you can get more then 2.  Pricey yes but your in and don't have to worry
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    I feel like they could just do a "we will schedule as many shows as we sell out" every second night residency at Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle after the hockey season and check off a lot of boxes in terms of $$$, bitchy fans, sleeping in their own beds, etc.

It is assumed they are adding shows in NZ/Aus based on the original rumours, correct?