Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,548
    Hawk123 said:
    BF25394 said:
    This is it. I’ve hit my breaking point. I’m only gonna go to the makeup Indy show. First time I will miss Wrigley but I just can’t justify spending this kind of money to travel to see PJ anymore. I have never even hesitated before. 
    $200 tickets and $50 single vinyl records. Boy has this band changed. 

Good luck to everyone who is trying for tickets. 
    You have to admit that there is some privilege embedded in this. First, traveling to see a band is not something that most people are able to do. The fact that you've been able to do this for some number of years prior to this tour suggests a level of means that most people do not have. Second, anyone who is buying vinyl records at 2024 prices has money to burn. If someone is spending $35-$40 for a vinyl record that contains the same music as a $12-$15 CD, that's a luxury.

This last point is not specifically in response to you but, reading this thread, I have a feeling that at least a few people who claim that $185 tickets strain their budgets to the limit will be lined up to buy $40 posters and $20 license plates.
    I wonder if the increased ticket prices will make the merch flipping even worse. I’ve been out of the merch game for awhile but I know it funds some fans tour costs 
    which is a ridiculous concept
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • JSBE said:
    Anyone else getting this error message when going through the US 10c link (https://tenclub-us.request.ticketmaster.com)? 

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

Went all the way through the process and when I submitted this popped up and now I cannot get back in.

I presume it is just everyone trying to get through now. Fun times.

I got this too! Ticketmaster took the pending transaction. Did your’s go through?  I expected an email confirmation but nothing yet 
  • Hawk123 said:
    BF25394 said:
    This is it. I’ve hit my breaking point. I’m only gonna go to the makeup Indy show. First time I will miss Wrigley but I just can’t justify spending this kind of money to travel to see PJ anymore. I have never even hesitated before. 

You have to admit that there is some privilege embedded in this. First, traveling to see a band is not something that most people are able to do. The fact that you've been able to do this for some number of years prior to this tour suggests a level of means that most people do not have. Second, anyone who is buying vinyl records at 2024 prices has money to burn. If someone is spending $35-$40 for a vinyl record that contains the same music as a $12-$15 CD, that's a luxury.

This last point is not specifically in response to you but, reading this thread, I have a feeling that at least a few people who claim that $185 tickets strain their budgets to the limit will be lined up to buy $40 posters and $20 license plates.
    I wonder if the increased ticket prices will make the merch flipping even worse. I’ve been out of the merch game for awhile but I know it funds some fans tour costs 
    How does merch fund peoples tours? Dont tell me they buy multiple merch items to flip at high costs?
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    GlowGirl said:
    Zen23 said:
    What actually happens if you don't get tickets at the Ten Club presale and then aren't one of those selected for the general presale? Will it be possible for a mere mortal to buy tickets at some point in the future? Without a registered presale code?
    Most likely F2F.

With F2F you mean Ticketmaster Resale Tickets? Or does F2F mean something else? If so, how do I get F2F tickets for the UK/EU shows?
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,164
    Should you be worried if the pending transaction in your bank account is no longer there? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 323
    Hawk123 said:
    BF25394 said:

How does merch fund peoples tours? Dont tell me they buy multiple merch items to flip at high costs?
    Exactly.  The Fall 2022 run people were able to buy 2 of everything like the city specific posters, shirts, etc.  A lot of stuff was selling much higher on eBay immediately after the shows.  Easy to buy whatever you wanted for yourself and flip the duplicates to pay for your tour

TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    I get the ten club bashing, but I think people are undervaluing the fan to fan perk arranged for us.  We don't have to pay additional fees to Ticketmaster to use it and tickets are limited to face value.  That's a huge benefit.  If you're persistent you can score tickets on F2F and they won't be above face value.
    But honestly why should 10c members have to go through all that. It's meant to be a privilege of membership . Not to spend months scanning for better then swapping 3 or 4 times to get better. 
    That is the counter argument of fan2fan.  It's made tickets disposable.  You can put in for whatever you want, and if you don't like them, it's easy to toss them back into the hat with no financial loss.   By making the tickets disposable, it puts the people that use their tickets at a disadvantage as they're own seats are further back.

Generally, if your tickets are going to be further back, and if you have the time/patience, you can buy better tickets from fan2fan, it kind of means that 10c membership is for a shot at GA, but if you're in the seats, as long as you have time/patience, you can get better seats from fan2fan :(

I suppose I don't really know for sure. I've gotten lucky with GA.  I think the last concert I had seats based on seniority was Vancouver 2011.  There was no Seattle show that year and I was over 20 rows back on the floor, which was the furthest I'd been at a Vancouver show.   I imagine if I pull seats this time, I'll be considerably further back than that.
    I like the F2F. For the Oakland shows I upgraded my decent lower and floor seats- that I had been holding on to for 2 years- to incredible seats just off the floor and one section back from the stage both nights. I assume I'll get what I want for Sacramento via 10Club. If not, I'm pretty confident that I can upgrade as well as sell what 10 Club gives me. All lower level seats will be snatched up without a problem. Of course I didn't put in for the upper seats as I'd rather stay home than sit in those.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,706
    Zen23 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Zen23 said:
    What actually happens if you don't get tickets at the Ten Club presale and then aren't one of those selected for the general presale? Will it be possible for a mere mortal to buy tickets at some point in the future? Without a registered presale code?
    Most likely F2F.

With F2F you mean Ticketmaster Resale Tickets? Or does F2F mean something else? If so, how do I get F2F tickets for the UK/EU shows?
    Yes. Fan to Fan is the resale tickets on Ticketmaster. I am not fully sure how it works in the UK, but it may work the same. Once it opens and people post the tickets they don't want back to TM, you can try to buy them. Many of us got our GA tickets last year this way.

• kosteva2 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    BF25394 said:

Exactly.  The Fall 2022 run people were able to buy 2 of everything like the city specific posters, shirts, etc.  A lot of stuff was selling much higher on eBay immediately after the shows.  Easy to buy whatever you wanted for yourself and flip the duplicates to pay for your tour

Ugh, worst of the worst. I don’t know why they don’t limit to 1 and scan your ticket or something. No reason an individual needs more than 1 and it’s fairer for everyone else
  • kosteva2 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    BF25394 said:

There was a guy trying to buy piles of stuff during the Home Shows in Seattle. He promptly got kicked out of the booth.

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 519
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    My Ten Club number is 134xxx. What are my chances for Golden Circle tickets in Berlin?
    The same as anyone else in 10C.  Seniority is for seating only.
    That sucks then. Never had issues with Ten Club early entrance tickets ito Berlin shows in the past. So it's better to try to buy tickets at open Ticketmaster sale?
    I don‘t think there‘s many GA tickets available for the public sale for Berlin. There‘s only like 2,500 people allowed in the standing area at Waldbühne. I guess chances with 10c are higher not depending on seniority. But it comes with the risk of getting crappy seats.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,548
    kosteva2 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    BF25394 said:

There was a guy trying to buy piles of stuff during the Home Shows in Seattle. He promptly got kicked out of the booth.

a woman literally had a wagon last year in chicago, and a group of guys walked away with the TSURT branded boxes full of stuff. probably 4 boxes or so 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • JSBE said:
    Anyone else getting this error message when going through the US 10c link (https://tenclub-us.request.ticketmaster.com)? 

Went all the way through the process and when I submitted this popped up and now I cannot get back in.

I got this too! Ticketmaster took the pending transaction. Did your’s go through?  I expected an email confirmation but nothing yet 
    JSBE said:

Hi same thing happened to me last night , annoyingly at the exact same time my CC company thougt it was fraudulent behaviour  (another story ) anyway I used the Ticketmaster app to send a message to them and they resent the Email today. Seems somehow.when the error request appeared it stopped the confirmation email.getting sent even though the registering had actually been successful.

• matt84 said:
    Does anyone know when the general sale is for the UK dates (assuming you are successful)?
    Friday 23rd. You will receive an email next Thursday advising if you have been selected to purchase or on the waitlist 
    Ah this answers one of my questions. So is there no public general sale like normal, you can only buy them via the registration and then wait for ticketmaster to email you?  So even if I don’t get standing via 10c even ticketmaster might be hard to get?
    Unfortunately so. We’re in Taylor Swift territory with this! 😬🤣
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    on2legs said:
    I get the ten club bashing, but I think people are undervaluing the fan to fan perk arranged for us.  We don't have to pay additional fees to Ticketmaster to use it and tickets are limited to face value.  That's a huge benefit.  If you're persistent you can score tickets on F2F and they won't be above face value.
    But honestly why should 10c members have to go through all that. It's meant to be a privilege of membership . Not to spend months scanning for better then swapping 3 or 4 times to get better. 

Because the demand far exceeds the supply.  So no matter what the system, there are going to be lots of fans who don't get tickets in the lottery.  There are only so many tickets to go around.  Without fan to fan you're stuck dealing with market rate tickets from scalpers.  As far as the swapping goes, I'm not trying to convince you that's a perk.  There are people here who are really good at upgrading their seats.  That's a personal choice to invest the time  into trying to do that.  I'm just talking about a fan who got shut out in the lottery and can now turn to fan to fan as a face value alternative to scalpers for a pair of tickets.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    kosteva2 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    BF25394 said:

Ugh, worst of the worst. I don’t know why they don’t limit to 1 and scan your ticket or something. No reason an individual needs more than 1 and it’s fairer for everyone else

I bought a poster in 2022 for a fellow fan who couldn't make it until just before doors opened. In retrospect, I don't think he'd have had a problem scoring the poster, but I'm always happy to help. We also did it at Fenway in 2018, as we had the day off and could wait in line, and a buddy of ours had to work, so we picked up a couple of posters for him.

Limits and restrictions are great, but the sellers have to enforce them, and there are always ways around them. Scanning your ticket before you can buy is interesting, but with merch being sold outside hours before a show (and at the 2018 shows on the off-day), it seems difficult to truly enforce (and there's no incentive for Tsurt to do so).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    Ok... So with multiple 10C accounts, should I just throw them all in the same basket with the lowest member #? I originally split them up hoping to win multiple shows, but this new way of doing things through Ticketmaster has me really confused.

Members are only allowed to have one account. Violating the membership and ticket policies could result in a revocation of privileges and may result in you being permanently banned from the fan club.

Please read the rules you agreed to:

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205088290-Membership-Policy

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/204909414-Ticket-Policy

Thank you
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    matt84 said:
    So many posts here it’s hard to keep up, but a few questions if anyone can clarify:

- I’ve entered 10C ticket request, this gets drawn sometime next week? Before the other ticketmaster registration?

- the ticketmaster registration - is this for public sale or still a ‘pearl jam fan but not 10c’ presale? When is public sale?

- if I get seated tickets, I could sell them on (providing I have bank account from same country). It sounds like 10c seats won’t be great this tour.

- could buy standing tickets in public sale if I don’t like my 10c seats?

- is the number of standing tickets 10c get allocated less this tour or they just expect a much higher demand?
    Manchester for example, the entire floor is GA, and you still get the warning ‘GA Pit inventory is extremely limited’. So yes, if it’s standing or nothing you’re best waiting for the general sale.  That’s what I’m doing. 
    totally agree, lottery is definitely not worth at all this time, no chance to choose and also no dedicated early entry
  • Registered for Dublin, just 2 days after my birthday.  Will be my first ever trip "across the pond".  Fingers crossed for an epic trip.
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    My Ten Club number is 134xxx. What are my chances for Golden Circle tickets in Berlin?
    That sucks then. Never had issues with Ten Club early entrance tickets ito Berlin shows in the past. So it's better to try to buy tickets at open Ticketmaster sale?
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    exactly
    GlowGirl said:
    Zen23 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Zen23 said:
    Most likely F2F.

Yes. Fan to Fan is the resale tickets on Ticketmaster. I am not fully sure how it works in the UK, but it may work the same. Once it opens and people post the tickets they don't want back to TM, you can try to buy them. Many of us got our GA tickets last year this way.

but remember, if you are selling the tickets, you need a bank account from the country where the gig is. It's in the faqs. that is one more reason to choose verified sale instead of 10c lottery this time.
  • Anyone know how to register for the 10C presale? Assuming I registered for general TM presale as there was no mention of the club whatsoever on the site or confirmation email
    Same here.  Registered for Dublin and didn't get anything that would indicate a 10C exclusive.  I actually logged out of 10C, went to the news about the tour, clicked the link in the news and was brought to the same registration area without any 10C credentials or anything.
  • KM155315KM155315 Posts: 16
    cbeiting said:
    Anyone remember when you had an opportunity to get two tickets. Period? None of this being able to get tickets for 23402304983 shows. Ever since they started doing that it's been an absolute shit show. I don't know why I'm even a 10C member anymore. It's not like:

- I even get tix now cause of the lottery (been shut out for years)
    - I'll pay $175/tix nowadays

I wish everyone good luck.
    Absolutely this. I’ve been a 10 club member for 21 years. Every single 10 Club ticket sale has been marred by problems. Then the experience of picking up the tickets is usually a shambles. There is never enough merchandise. Yes, we get let in early but that is it. 

Being a member of 10 club has been seriously devalued over the years to the point where I am wondering why I bother. 

So I’ve registered as a verified fan to see if the tickets will be any cheaper.

i don’t think they realise how difficult it will be to fill the Spurs stadium when Green Day are playing Wembley on the same day - and also it being Glastonbury weekend.

Manchester 4th June 2000 London 18th June 2007 Manchester 17th August 2009 Los Angeles 1st October 2009 Manchester 21st June 2012 Leeds 8th July 2014 Milton Keynes 11th July 2014
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 652
    KM155315 said:
    cbeiting said:
    Anyone remember when you had an opportunity to get two tickets. Period? None of this being able to get tickets for 23402304983 shows. Ever since they started doing that it's been an absolute shit show. I don't know why I'm even a 10C member anymore. It's not like:

Absolutely this. I’ve been a 10 club member for 21 years. Every single 10 Club ticket sale has been marred by problems. Then the experience of picking up the tickets is usually a shambles. There is never enough merchandise. Yes, we get let in early but that is it. 

Being a member of 10 club has been seriously devalued over the years to the point where I am wondering why I bother. 

i don’t think they realise how difficult it will be to fill the Spurs stadium when Green Day are playing Wembley on the same day - and also it being Glastonbury weekend.

If it’s run like the US, verified fan will be a joke. F2F will be the best option. In either case, you may get better seats thru VF or f2f, but not cheaper. Again, that’s how it is in US.
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    I miss the 10c lottery  :|
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    KM155315 said:
    cbeiting said:

It worked pretty well when they did it through the mail.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    I've double checked my online banking and I haven't had the pending charge for the tickets. I got the email so hopefully it's all good. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 633
    After sifting through 300 new comments of about 600 I’m still not entirely sure about the picking seating. It says in the disclaimer to pick all options for best available. I don’t want to win the level 2 or P2 seating. So do I pick GA and P1 seating and then P1 again?
    im sure it’s been addressed on here but I think I’ve got it understood that I can’t win more than 2 anyways so whats the harm in putting option 1 & 2 in?
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Do 10c tickets allow early entry to the venue? I saw it mentioned reserved seats enter at the regular time but didn’t see anything to unreserved standing?
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 723
    So I know we can redo the 10C entry until Sunday but does anyone know if you can redo/add to your Verified Fan request? Please and thanks.