Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    aidt17 said:
    After sifting through 300 new comments of about 600 I’m still not entirely sure about the picking seating. It says in the disclaimer to pick all options for best available. I don’t want to win the level 2 or P2 seating. So do I pick GA and P1 seating and then P1 again?
    im sure it’s been addressed on here but I think I’ve got it understood that I can’t win more than 2 anyways so whats the harm in putting option 1 & 2 in?
    If you don't want p2, then don't choose it.

Pick as many options as possible for best chance of getting selected. There's no harm in putting in multiple options. If you get selected, you'll get the best available option that you picked.  Could be GA,  but if those are all gone,  then P1. If you only pick p1 option, then you can only get p1, even though GA may be available when your name is drawn.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    kmcmanus said:
    So I know we can redo the 10C entry until Sunday but does anyone know if you can redo/add to your Verified Fan request? Please and thanks.

Yes you can.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• aidt17aidt17 Posts: 633
    hihobibo said:
    aidt17 said:
    After sifting through 300 new comments of about 600 I’m still not entirely sure about the picking seating. It says in the disclaimer to pick all options for best available. I don’t want to win the level 2 or P2 seating. So do I pick GA and P1 seating and then P1 again?
    im sure it’s been addressed on here but I think I’ve got it understood that I can’t win more than 2 anyways so whats the harm in putting option 1 & 2 in?
    If you don't want p2, then don't choose it.

Pick as many options as possible for best chance of getting selected. There's no harm in putting in multiple options. If you get selected, you'll get the best available option that you picked.  Could be GA,  but if those are all gone,  then P1. If you only pick p1 option, then you can only get p1, even though GA may be available when your name is drawn.
    Perfect. Thats what I was thinking it could be.  Thanks 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    theyhetti said:
    Anyone know how to register for the 10C presale? Assuming I registered for general TM presale as there was no mention of the club whatsoever on the site or confirmation email
    Same here.  Registered for Dublin and didn't get anything that would indicate a 10C exclusive.  I actually logged out of 10C, went to the news about the tour, clicked the link in the news and was brought to the same registration area without any 10C credentials or anything.
    There is a link that takes you to the General Sale Registration. You log in to Ticketmaster, verify your name, email, and phone, then pick shows via a drop-down.

The 10Club sale link should look like this: Ireland: https://tenclub-ie.request.ticketmaster.ie

You should be asked to log in to the Ten Club and Ticketmaster, select seat locations and number of tickets and told the price for your request. If you saw all of that, you entered the lottery. Whether your entry was accepted or not, I can't say, but the lottery looks like buying tickets. The General Sale registration looks like signing up for a mailing list.

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Daan.PearljamDaan.Pearljam Posts: 16
    edited February 14
    If I sign up for two tickets to Dublin but one of us decides not to go, can we sell the tickets? We are not from Ireland, thats why I am asking. 
  • KidAOK said:
    I can't move the tickets amount from 0 on the Barcelona page.  Works fine on the Ireland/Germany/UK pages.

Any ideas?
    I'm having the same issue 
  • Out this tour. Good luck everyone. My two cents, it’s tough what they’ve done. You put in hoping for GA but could end up in the last row of the venue. TM essentially being able to sell their nosebleeds to the fans. Doesn’t seem right. 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    HZ245969 said:

After sleeping a night to think about the ticket prices for a show, I'm not willing to pay 175€ as a Ten Club member. Like many others, I've been a fan my whole life. I traveled all across Europe to see the shows. I stood in line for hours to buy shirts and posters and to get a place in front of the stage. The fact that you now want 175€ from the most loyal fans in the world is a slap in the face. This has nothing to do with the values that you always tell your fans like a mantra. This is really a big disappointment.

How many hours do I need to sleep on concrete to get a 50% discount?
    Say you pick 
    USA 
    Ireland 
    and UK

You have to check out all 3 carts separately right?  They don’t all lump into one cart 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @nicknyr15 I put in for lowers only at msg.  
    I did too at first with the old system in mind. I went back and changed it and selected all 3 options. I’m not sure if that’s the right or wrong thing to do. Some of those seats in the uppers are fucking awful and I’d rather pay scalpers to sit in a better seat. What a shitshow honestly. I don’t care about the ticket price increase, but that map of 10c tickets for msg is embarrassing. It’s the most sought after ticket and they know it and that’s the amount of 10c tickets? Maybe I’m missing something? Or being irrational?

Ranger ;) and Knicks fans are in those 100 level club seats. As you know, the majority of 100 level seats not behind the baskets are now club seats, and NBA fans get event privileges.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,706
    aidt17 said:
    Say you pick 
    USA 
    Ireland 
    and UK

You have to check out all 3 carts separately right?  They don’t all lump into one cart 
    Yes. Your UK would be in one checkout, Ireland in another, and all your US in another. They each have their own separate links.

GlowGirl said:
    aidt17 said:
    Say you pick 
    USA 
    Ireland 
    and UK

Yes. Your UK would be in one checkout, Ireland in another, and all your US in another. They each have their own separate links.

Cool. Thanks

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    I never saw or heard of Deep Sea Diver before until I just looked them up, The lead singer of Deep Sea Diver was also in The Shins? That's pretty cool. I think this is her in one of my favorite videos from the past 10-15 years https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoLTPcD1S4Q

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    ComeToTX said:
    I paid $263 for a Neil Young ticket yesterday. PJ is not out of line with what their peers are charging. 
    You got ripped off. 

Seriously? Neil is 78. He is a legend. In a few years he will not be touring ever again. How much is something worth when you know it will never ever again be available to purchase in the future? I get it’s serious $ but please…

Petty just came on the radio. How much would a Petty fan pay now to be in the same room as him to hear him sing? A few million dollars for a Time Machine maybe?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    edited February 14
    My friend is a Spurs season holder and he said they just get next ticket priority after Ten Club, no discount or anything.

He also said:
    I hear from my ITK that it's been an arduous undertaking
    Far, far more difficult and intense than both Beyonce and Gaga combined
    (difficult on absolutely everything - fees, conditions, accomodation, total prima Donna behaviour)

tylerj said:
    I think a lot of Americans (of which I am) don't realize full that the average wage in UK and much of Europe is oftentimes a lot lower than the USA. The average wage in Britain is around $38,000 give or take. It's a bit higher in Ireland. In the U.S. it's in the mid $50,000. So we're talking around $15,000 difference a year. 

And folks overseas don’t realize americans pay $25,000 per year on healthcare, which is tied to our employment which is “at will”  and employers wouldn’t think twice firing someone and 93% of workers here are non union with zero rights, and it costs $300,000 to send our kids to university. We have terrible public transit, so we need to drive and cars are outrageously expensive. 

I get this tour is expensive but there is only one Pearl Jam. Three of the boys will be over 60 by the end of the year, who knows how many years we have left to enjoy them live.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    tylerj said:
    I think a lot of Americans (of which I am) don't realize full that the average wage in UK and much of Europe is oftentimes a lot lower than the USA. The average wage in Britain is around $38,000 give or take. It's a bit higher in Ireland. In the U.S. it's in the mid $50,000. So we're talking around $15,000 difference a year. 

And folks overseas don’t realize americans pay $25,000 per year on healthcare, which is tied to our employment which is “at will”  and employers wouldn’t think twice firing someone and 93% of workers here are non union with zero rights, and it costs $300,000 to send our kids to university. We have terrible public transit, so we need to drive and cars are outrageously expensive. 

I get this tour is expensive but there is only one Pearl Jam. Three of the boys will be over 60 by the end of the year, who knows how many years we have left to enjoy them live.
    Well said 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • How does fan to fan exchange work for other countries outside of the US? Trying to put together a trip for Australia, but it’s nice to know I can turn to F2F if something comes up. 
    Get_Right said:
    JojoRice said:
    So the only location that won't have F2F is NYC? I guess maybe Chicago also? I'm just thinking if I change my mind and want to go to Boston I can probably get decent seats with F2F.
    NYC and Chicago will have F2F.  Just don't count on many if any seats popping up for NYC. 

MSG will be tough through 10C and retail channels. That said 48hrs before the last shows tickets were not hard to find. 

Fans say this but day of show there were zero tickets on Ticketmaster, and stub hub was at $500. Unless you had Tempos cell, you were SOL. Most of us in NY have never ever seen those magic blue dots for available seats on Ticketmaster. Red ones yes, but they’re usually close to $1000.
  • beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    KM155315 said:
    cbeiting said:
    Anyone remember when you had an opportunity to get two tickets. Period? None of this being able to get tickets for 23402304983 shows. Ever since they started doing that it's been an absolute shit show. I don't know why I'm even a 10C member anymore. It's not like:

- I even get tix now cause of the lottery (been shut out for years)
    - I'll pay $175/tix nowadays

I wish everyone good luck.
    Absolutely this. I’ve been a 10 club member for 21 years. Every single 10 Club ticket sale has been marred by problems. Then the experience of picking up the tickets is usually a shambles. There is never enough merchandise. Yes, we get let in early but that is it. 

Being a member of 10 club has been seriously devalued over the years to the point where I am wondering why I bother. 

So I’ve registered as a verified fan to see if the tickets will be any cheaper.

i don’t think they realise how difficult it will be to fill the Spurs stadium when Green Day are playing Wembley on the same day - and also it being Glastonbury weekend.

i basically consider my membership a nostalgic donation. there's really not much benefit anymore. maybe we're lucky to get some good seats behind the rich kids, yay.

well, glad those frantically-hitting-the-F5-button-to get-tickets days are over, though.

• Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 178
    KM155315 said:
    Icbeiting said:
    Anyone remember when you had an opportunity to get two tickets. Period? None of this being able to get tickets for 23402304983 shows. Ever since they started doing that it's been an absolute shit show. I don't know why I'm even a 10C member anymore. It's not like:

Absolutely this. I’ve been a 10 club member for 21 years. Every single 10 Club ticket sale has been marred by problems. Then the experience of picking up the tickets is usually a shambles. There is never enough merchandise. Yes, we get let in early but that is it. 

Being a member of 10 club has been seriously devalued over the years to the point where I am wondering why I bother. 

i don’t think they realise how difficult it will be to fill the Spurs stadium when Green Day are playing Wembley on the same day - and also it being Glastonbury weekend.

Just had another email reminding me to buy 10C tickets. Early signs of poor sales ?
  • Tjm007 said:
    KM155315 said:
    Icbeiting said:

Just had another email reminding me to buy 10C tickets. Early signs of poor sales ?
    They are trying to head off the complaints of people who didn't submit their requests
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,214
    tylerj said:

Glad I saw most of my PJ shows when it wasn’t like it is today I’m perfectly fine if I don’t see them again! At some point you have to tell yourself it it worth it? To me it’s not worth the hassle to attend a concert anymore 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited February 15
    I never saw or heard of Deep Sea Diver before until I just looked them up, The lead singer of Deep Sea Diver was also in The Shins? That's pretty cool. I think this is her in one of my favorite videos from the past 10-15 years

no clue where this came from (wrong thread?), but thank you!
    i love the shins and always loved to watch her play. didn't know she had a band

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    tylerj said:

Glad I saw most of my PJ shows when it wasn’t like it is today I’m perfectly fine if I don’t see them again! At some point you have to tell yourself it it worth it? To me it’s not worth the hassle to attend a concert anymore 
    Is it really a hassle?  We have to fill out an electronic form and hit submit.  People may not like the new rules but it’s not a hassle. Much less work than standing in line at a Ticketmaster outlet or repeatedly redialing to get through on the phone.  And probably even less work than filling out an index card, finding a stamp and walking to a mailbox like we used to have to do for fan club tickets.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,814
    Get_Right said:
    JojoRice said:
    So the only location that won't have F2F is NYC? I guess maybe Chicago also? I'm just thinking if I change my mind and want to go to Boston I can probably get decent seats with F2F.
    NYC and Chicago will have F2F.  Just don't count on many if any seats popping up for NYC. 

MSG will be tough through 10C and retail channels. That said 48hrs before the last shows tickets were not hard to find. 

Fans say this but day of show there were zero tickets on Ticketmaster, and stub hub was at $500. Unless you had Tempos cell, you were SOL. Most of us in NY have never ever seen those magic blue dots for available seats on Ticketmaster. Red ones yes, but they’re usually close to $1000.

The forum.
    i don't know how to feel about all of this. i was so excited about the announcement - finally good news during those weird times - now i'm just dissapointed. i can afford it, yet it doesn't feel fair and i did hold them to a higher standard.

of course capitalism is a bitch, the whole industry is complex and it's easy to whine "it's too expensive" without knowing the details and calculations. infaltion and covid was tough (although the concert industry got a lot of compensation here), yada yada. the circumstances haven't just been tough for artists, but for many of us non-millionaires, too.

yes, some other acts charge even more, but how's that a good excuse? on the other hand arctic monkeys last year were 60e and the prices for smaller shows generally haven't changed drastically. do they pay their employees much less? do they sleep in worse hotels and drink worse champagne? in fact, i don't understand why older artists often charge so much more, bono, neil young and mick jagger don't have to worry about their retirement, do they?

maybe there are some good arguments, but i don't see them and therefore feeling quite ripped off.

the only good reason for those doubled ticket prices i can think of is they don't want us to travel so much.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,814
    tylerj said:

I felt the same way last time around and then they go and put on a show like Camden. I definitely do not feel any sense of urgency though.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,214
    on2legs said:
    tylerj said:

Is it really a hassle?  We have to fill out an electronic form and hit submit.  People may not like the new rules but it’s not a hassle. Much less work than standing in line at a Ticketmaster outlet or repeatedly redialing to get through on the phone.  And probably even less work than filling out an index card, finding a stamp and walking to a mailbox like we used to have to do for fan club tickets.  
    To me I’d rather just stick to up & coming bands when I can just get a ticket way easier! PJ is a big band so I get the demand but I get more satisfaction by going to smaller venues and seeing bands that haven’t or won’t get huge yet saw QOTSA tickets no problem smaller venue, just saw Band of Horses tiny venue for $50 and walked out completely satisfied. Like I said I saw this band when it was in its beginning and it felt great to me it doesn’t feel the same anymore! But it’s just me I don’t expect anyone else to feel like I do. Enjoy the shows I’m not sure I’ll be trying for any of the dates 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 172
    edited February 15
    OK did anyone really think ticket prices were gonna be less than say 160? I mean come on they were about right where I would’ve said between 150 and 200 no surprise there. 

As far as seats couple things for some of the tougher shows say Madison Square Garden and Philly maybe  Vegas if you got a really shitty fan club number, you might not get picked for reserved seating they might run out of tickets toin priority 1. Obviously they’re doing the upper reserve fan  club seats this time so that you know you might be up there but I’m guessing anyone with a number lower than say 350 ain’t getting priority one reserve seating that coupled with all of the prime seats reserved for platinum, you might have to go for priority t2 upper deck fan club tickets not a great dilemma to have. That’s the way it is.
    Post edited by devonfz on