Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    Tjm007 said:
    KM155315 said:
    Icbeiting said:
    Anyone remember when you had an opportunity to get two tickets. Period? None of this being able to get tickets for 23402304983 shows. Ever since they started doing that it's been an absolute shit show. I don't know why I'm even a 10C member anymore. It's not like:

- I even get tix now cause of the lottery (been shut out for years)
    - I'll pay $175/tix nowadays

I wish everyone good luck.
    Absolutely this. I’ve been a 10 club member for 21 years. Every single 10 Club ticket sale has been marred by problems. Then the experience of picking up the tickets is usually a shambles. There is never enough merchandise. Yes, we get let in early but that is it. 

Being a member of 10 club has been seriously devalued over the years to the point where I am wondering why I bother. 

So I’ve registered as a verified fan to see if the tickets will be any cheaper.

i don’t think they realise how difficult it will be to fill the Spurs stadium when Green Day are playing Wembley on the same day - and also it being Glastonbury weekend.

Just had another email reminding me to buy 10C tickets. Early signs of poor sales ?
    They are trying to head off the complaints of people who didn't submit their requests
    I’ve never seen them do that before.  I’m thinking it could be a lower than expected sales thing.  

I know I’ve entered for a lot fewer shows than I might have with lower prices and better expected seats.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • deanr82deanr82 Posts: 6
    Please sign the petition to get Pearl Jam to come to Perth!

https://chng.it/GcL2fZxdxN

#Perth
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 716
    Tjm007 said:
    KM155315 said:
    Icbeiting said:
    Anyone remember when you had an opportunity to get two tickets. Period? None of this being able to get tickets for 23402304983 shows. Ever since they started doing that it's been an absolute shit show. I don't know why I'm even a 10C member anymore. It's not like:

Absolutely this. I’ve been a 10 club member for 21 years. Every single 10 Club ticket sale has been marred by problems. Then the experience of picking up the tickets is usually a shambles. There is never enough merchandise. Yes, we get let in early but that is it. 

Being a member of 10 club has been seriously devalued over the years to the point where I am wondering why I bother. 

i don’t think they realise how difficult it will be to fill the Spurs stadium when Green Day are playing Wembley on the same day - and also it being Glastonbury weekend.

Just had another email reminding me to buy 10C tickets. Early signs of poor sales ?
    They are trying to head off the complaints of people who didn't submit their requests
    I’ve never seen them do that before.  I’m thinking it could be a lower than expected sales thing.  

I know I’ve entered for a lot fewer shows than I might have with lower prices and better expected seats.  
    Demand will be lower than expected because

A. Many people are not prepared to pay £160 for a ticket and 
    B.You can’t select GA only
  • How does fan to fan exchange work for other countries outside of the US? Trying to put together a trip for Australia, but it’s nice to know I can turn to F2F if something comes up. 
    I went to AUS/NZ last summer. The good news is that if you have to eat the cost of the tickets, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the airfare.  =)

I hope the trip works out for you - it was a blast!
  • I’ve just seen that the ten club tickets for the Manchester UK show is £160… is that for real? Sorry, but that is not reasonable, why pay for ten club to only then be ripped off further for a ticket 😞
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    matt84 said:
    Tjm007 said:
    KM155315 said:
    Icbeiting said:

Demand will be lower than expected because

A. Many people are not prepared to pay £160 for a ticket and 
    B.You can’t select GA only
    And C) The range of seats you could be stuck with if you don’t get GA includes some really undesirable sections for most shows.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Can someone please post the Wrigley seating chart that shows the 10C seat locations for this tour?  Thanks in advance.
  • I had pit tickets for the 4/20/2016 Raleigh NC show that was cancelled in protest of the despicable anti-transgender "Bathroom Bill". Though I was horribly disappointed, I absolutely supported the Band's decision. We were given to understand that once the offensive bullshit law was done away with, they would prioritize coming back and rewarding the supportive but heartbroken fans with a killer show. The initial announcement said "In the meantime we will be watching with hope and waiting in line for a time when we can return."

That was 8 years ago. There is not a single show on this tour anywhere in the southeast US.
  • jhuludjhulud Posts: 315
    On the 10C tix request lottery thing…anyone add the commemorative tix package option? 

I kinda now wish I had but may be too late & I don’t want to re-do my request. 
  • For those not seeing those hold charges on their CC, I recommend calling your CC company. I called mine about the upcoming possible multiple charges if I get lottery lucky and they could actually see those charges on hold in their system. If you are worried about not seeing those entries, they should be able to see if they are there or not.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • edited February 15
    mr_chatr said:
    Hi All, 

I am a new PJ Ten Club member.
    I put in a request for 6 shows, which totals to around $US 2700! The shows I requested for are: 
    Chicago New York Philly
    29-Aug31-Aug 03-Sep04-Sep 07-Sep09-Sep

I wanted to know, in your Ten Club ticket requests experience:
    1. The fact that I requested for the shows, does that mean I will get approved for all the shows? - What are the chances of that happening?
    2. In the past, whenever you requested for multiple shows you picked, did you score tickets for all?
    3. Were the tickets good? Or badly placed tickets?
    4. Do you have any experience with selling those tickets? were they easy to sell off using fan-to-fan ticket transfer?

Let me know, so that I can make a more informed, and not an emotional decision!
    In my experience...

1. I think it's an individual lottery for each show. So it depends on tickets available vs. requests placed. Hard to calculate those changes without knowing that information.
    2. I've only ever requested 1-2 shows and have almost always received all of my requests. I think that's mostly dumb luck though. Last tour lots of people were left out.
    3. Previous tours (2008-2018, Philly, DC, NYC, Boston) I always had pretty decent seats with a 421XXX number. Last year (2023, Chicago) I had pretty crappy seats. Seems like there are more seats in the 10C drawings, but that also means more people with lower 10C numbers than you getting selected.
    4. I live in Illinois, so we're allowed to sell tickets here. No experience with F2F.

If $2700 isn't a huge stretch, just go for it. It'll be a really fun few weeks..

Post edited by troubledsoulsuniteblog on
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • deanr82 said:
    Please sign the petition to get Pearl Jam to come to Perth!

https://chng.it/GcL2fZxdxN

#Perth
    where's the petition to help Big Dipper Ice Cream get the band to play Alaska?
  • Put in requests for pairs of tickets on my account (old school five digit number) and wife's account (462XXX) for Portland, and both Seattle shows.  Predictions on what we get?
    I don't want to think, I wanna feel....

2.5.95 Seattle
    9.16.96 Seattle
    7.18.98 Portland
    7.21.98 Seattle
    7.22.98 Seattle
    10.30.99 Mountain View, CA
    10.31.99 Mountain View, CA
    5.10.00 Bellingham, WA
    11.2.00 Portland, WA
    11.3.00 Boise, ID
    11.5.00 Seattle, WA
    11.6.00 Seattle, WA
    10.22.21 Seattle, WA
    9.1.05 George, WA
    7.6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    7.22.06 George, WA
    7.23.06 George, WA
    6.28.08 Mansfield, MA
    9.21.09 Seattle, WA
    9.22.09 Seattle, WA
    11.29.13 Portland, OR
    12.6.13 Seattle, WA
    8.8.18 Seattle, WA
    8.10.18 Seattle,WA
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    Put in requests for pairs of tickets on my account (old school five digit number) and wife's account (462XXX) for Portland, and both Seattle shows.  Predictions on what we get?

I predict you both get portland tickets and go 50/50 on the Seattle tickets.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    Tjm007 said:
    KM155315 said:
    Icbeiting said:

If they ever had the unlikely hint of poor sales, they could just play twenty shows at msg, eight in Philly and Boston and sell out the tour in five seconds. 
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 723
    Tjm007 said:
    KM155315 said:
    Icbeiting said:

If they ever had the unlikely hint of poor sales, they could just play twenty shows at msg, eight in Philly and Boston and sell out the tour in five seconds. 
    Nah. Fresno or bust baby
  • anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 390
    I miss the 10c lottery  :|
    I miss getting a flyer in the mail and selecting the one show you want tickets for and mailing it back with a check or money order.  no stress at all except trying to get it mailed back as quickly as you could.  ;)
    tylerj said:
    I think a lot of Americans (of which I am) don't realize full that the average wage in UK and much of Europe is oftentimes a lot lower than the USA. The average wage in Britain is around $38,000 give or take. It's a bit higher in Ireland. In the U.S. it's in the mid $50,000. So we're talking around $15,000 difference a year. 

And folks overseas don’t realize americans pay $25,000 per year on healthcare, which is tied to our employment which is “at will”  and employers wouldn’t think twice firing someone and 93% of workers here are non union with zero rights, and it costs $300,000 to send our kids to university. We have terrible public transit, so we need to drive and cars are outrageously expensive. 

I get this tour is expensive but there is only one Pearl Jam. Three of the boys will be over 60 by the end of the year, who knows how many years we have left to enjoy them live.
    Glad I saw most of my PJ shows when it wasn’t like it is today I’m perfectly fine if I don’t see them again! At some point you have to tell yourself it it worth it? To me it’s not worth the hassle to attend a concert anymore 

Well they’re not playing Stony Brook anymore for sure. Some say they may never have. But it’s amazing to see Ed fly around at his age. With my back and knee at a similar age, I’d be in the ground if I tried that. Concerts are a hassle for me these days, but gotta try keep on keeping on!
    beeswax said:
    i don't know how to feel about all of this. i was so excited about the announcement - finally good news during those weird times - now i'm just dissapointed. i can afford it, yet it doesn't feel fair and i did hold them to a higher standard.

of course capitalism is a bitch, the whole industry is complex and it's easy to whine "it's too expensive" without knowing the details and calculations. infaltion and covid was tough (although the concert industry got a lot of compensation here), yada yada. the circumstances haven't just been tough for artists, but for many of us non-millionaires, too.

yes, some other acts charge even more, but how's that a good excuse? on the other hand arctic monkeys last year were 60e and the prices for smaller shows generally haven't changed drastically. do they pay their employees much less? do they sleep in worse hotels and drink worse champagne? in fact, i don't understand why older artists often charge so much more, bono, neil young and mick jagger don't have to worry about their retirement, do they?

maybe there are some good arguments, but i don't see them and therefore feeling quite ripped off.

the only good reason for those doubled ticket prices i can think of is they don't want us to travel so much.

My wife bought us a small carvel cake tonight to celebrate Valentine’s Day. $35 usd. Please let that sink in how expensive that is for a small cake. Everything is expensive.

does PJ have more employees. Probably. Do they need better accommodations with needs that come with aging, larger families and circles of friends, more equipment. More physical therapy. More medical needs. Probably. Do the challenges of aging add to the cost, considering the full tour is around 30 shows and younger bands can spread out their overhead by playing 50 shows? Of course it’s much more expensive for PJ.

I was at a major arena show recently. 50 tractor trailer trucks with equipment. Probably a crew of 100 working on the tour, with many on the backline unionized. It’s easy to forget how incredibly expensive a major tour can be.
  • Hi, I'm new writing here. Question: do 10c GA tickets include early entry to the venue? Thanks
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    I miss the 10c lottery  :|
    I miss getting a flyer in the mail and selecting the one show you want tickets for and mailing it back with a check or money order.  no stress at all except trying to get it mailed back as quickly as you could.  ;)

Sort of.  It was possible to not get tickets back then too.  The problem being, because it was by snail mail, you wouldn't know if you got the tickets until after the regular onsale.  We duplicated our Missoula '98 tix, because we weren't 100% sure.  In hindsight if I understood Montana was a small market I wouldn't of sweated it.  It was also the easiest experience I ever had buying regular tickets.  I called, it rang, I asked for 2 tickets, got GA.
  • dani11dani11 Posts: 43
    KM155315 said:

AND they're playing other dates in UK, and in the case of Manchester - a better venue, unlike the last time around was only London. I can see the London show being the 'easiest' to get tickets for.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    beeswax said:
    i don't know how to feel about all of this. i was so excited about the announcement - finally good news during those weird times - now i'm just dissapointed. i can afford it, yet it doesn't feel fair and i did hold them to a higher standard.

of course capitalism is a bitch, the whole industry is complex and it's easy to whine "it's too expensive" without knowing the details and calculations. infaltion and covid was tough (although the concert industry got a lot of compensation here), yada yada. the circumstances haven't just been tough for artists, but for many of us non-millionaires, too.

yes, some other acts charge even more, but how's that a good excuse? on the other hand arctic monkeys last year were 60e and the prices for smaller shows generally haven't changed drastically. do they pay their employees much less? do they sleep in worse hotels and drink worse champagne? in fact, i don't understand why older artists often charge so much more, bono, neil young and mick jagger don't have to worry about their retirement, do they?

maybe there are some good arguments, but i don't see them and therefore feeling quite ripped off.

the only good reason for those doubled ticket prices i can think of is they don't want us to travel so much.

My wife bought us a small carvel cake tonight to celebrate Valentine’s Day. $35 usd. Please let that sink in how expensive that is for a small cake. Everything is expensive.

does PJ have more employees. Probably. Do they need better accommodations with needs that come with aging, larger families and circles of friends, more equipment. More physical therapy. More medical needs. Probably. Do the challenges of aging add to the cost, considering the full tour is around 30 shows and younger bands can spread out their overhead by playing 50 shows? Of course it’s much more expensive for PJ.

I was at a major arena show recently. 50 tractor trailer trucks with equipment. Probably a crew of 100 working on the tour, with many on the backline unionized. It’s easy to forget how incredibly expensive a major tour can be.

My issue isn't really the price in general. My problem is that the best tix and the worst tix cost the same price. I am genuinely shocked that PJ is doing that. Not having tiered pricing, and giving people a chance to choose less expensive tix by sacrificing proximity to the stage, and making people pay over $200CAD for upper level tix makes zero sense to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,155
    edited February 15
    LaFleur said:
    JimmyV said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    tylerj said:
    What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?
    For someone who has commented over 28,000 times, you sure do seem to not know a whole lot. 
    1. I am dumb

2. I have never heard of Pearl Jam selling premium/VIP/stage-worn instruments/ pricey meet and greets before this tour. So, in regards to Pearl Jam I see that as another bit of a crossing the rubicon move. 

i think this is tour 3 or 4 with PJ Premium
    Okey., Never seen anything about it when it came to the 2020 or the 2018 European tour. But maybe I was wearing some idealistic glasses blocking it out.
    actually to be fair, i think it was 2020 which became 2022, and then 2023. so really only 2. maybe?
    This plus Eddie and the Earthlings.
    They has premium “charity” tickets for NA 2020 when it was first being sold.  Every thing since then over here has had PJ Premium.  
    Cheeky calling it charity the first time when testing the waters
    pretty sure it was actually then (2020) for charity (Vitalogy) 
    For the longest time, and known among fans and the football world for not having a sponsor on the chest:

Then, when that tradition/principle was decided to change - first Barcelona went for charity (who would be so coldhearted to object about charity?).

But then:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    Guys, they’re only playing 35 shows as a “world tour” that’s why prices are high. Green Day and Foo are charging less but they’re also playing A LOT more shows. If we got a 2006 type tour pretty sure prices would be lower.

This is the point. They used to tour extensively and play 2.5-3 hour sets in arenas. Now alot of the shows on this tour, in particular in europe, are in huge venues and at high prices. It seems like a make as much as we can with less work. That's their right, but definitely not what made them popular and have a massive fan base.

The way I see it: age is a factor and PJ doesn't want to tour extensively and maybe even more importantly, play long sets. So they are playing the largest venues and charging as much as they can. Good on them, but for me in particularly, the days of seeing PJ multiple times on a tour are gone.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,155
    edited February 15
    I think playing "huge" arenas in few countries knowing that people will travel for them (by airplane nontheless) is a tad cynical. Go to the fans is a more beautiful way to do things, than have fans come to you. But that has to be balanced against just wanting to be out tops three weeks.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    KM155315 said:
    cbeiting said:

no sense to do lottery anymore right now
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    Do 10c tickets allow early entry to the venue? I saw it mentioned reserved seats enter at the regular time but didn’t see anything to unreserved standing?
    most of us believe and understand that no, there is no early entry at this time indeed, and that is what makes people skeptical about doing the lottery as it's no worth it anymore, especially with the risk of getting seats (and bad seats)
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    chitty said:
    Guys, they’re only playing 35 shows as a “world tour” that’s why prices are high. Green Day and Foo are charging less but they’re also playing A LOT more shows. If we got a 2006 type tour pretty sure prices would be lower.

This is the point. They used to tour extensively and play 2.5-3 hour sets in arenas. Now alot of the shows on this tour, in particular in europe, are in huge venues and at high prices. It seems like a make as much as we can with less work. That's their right, but definitely not what made them popular and have a massive fan base.

The way I see it: age is a factor and PJ doesn't want to tour extensively and maybe even more importantly, play long sets. So they are playing the largest venues and charging as much as they can. Good on them, but for me in particularly, the days of seeing PJ multiple times on a tour are gone.
    It has been a long time since they toured extensively. The last time they played more than 36 shows in a calendar year was 2006, when they played 85 shows.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • bertanbertan Posts: 266
    Two days gone and I still cannot decide whether I should try for London tickets or not. My wife, who's not massive fan like me, already said "You can go alone this time if you want", which cuts the costs in half. But I still cannot justify paying £160 and ending up with seats rather than the pit. I keep checking this thread, hoping to find some answers, but no luck so far :smile:

I thought we were supposed to get more financial stability as we got older. How on earth getting tickets was much less of a financial burden in my 20s than it is now? :lol:
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London