Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,073
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @nicknyr15 I put in for lowers only at msg.  
    I did too at first with the old system in mind. I went back and changed it and selected all 3 options. I’m not sure if that’s the right or wrong thing to do. Some of those seats in the uppers are fucking awful and I’d rather pay scalpers to sit in a better seat. What a shitshow honestly. I don’t care about the ticket price increase, but that map of 10c tickets for msg is embarrassing. It’s the most sought after ticket and they know it and that’s the amount of 10c tickets? Maybe I’m missing something? Or being irrational?
    I don't think it's irrational at all. This is hard to stomach. 

It sucks the way this shit is trending. I'm planning a big year, but if seeing them in Ireland wasn't a bucket list item (that I could roll into my preexisting summer vacation plans), I wouldn't be getting on a plane for this tour. 
  • Clare ParsonsClare Parsons Drogheda, Ireland Posts: 26
    Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

This is my current situation (screen shot below) and not very technically minded... I've mailed what I think is the support mail, hoping for an answer soon. Tried across multiple devices and browsers, but no luck... Trying to buy for Europe leg. 

Has anyone else had these issues?
    Can anyone give me a step by step to fix this on Safari?

ps. Yes, the tickets are pricey - I'm on a South African budget and so starved to watch Pearl Jam play - that I'd be willing to pay almost anything to see them live - and have already travelled out of the country once to see Pearl Jam.

I've looked at other show prices and seen they are very much in line.

We all wanted new music, a tour and the chance for tickets - prices have risen everywhere - arenas have been underutilised and probably charge more than ever for the facility. Not to mention we don't even have to pay for the CD / Vinyl anymore to play their music over and over. 

Let's just learn to be grateful... it'll help, I promise. 

While I wait to be considered human again...

Has anyone posted the Dublin 🇮🇪 Venue Map and pricing? I feel I read through the thread - but might have missed it... Really considering that as an option once I can enter. 
    Dublin [Marlay Park] is standing room only [it's an outdoor venue].  Pricing is e177
    hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye
  • KW6232 said:
    Since ticket prices have gone up, and I’m Ikinda on the edge of its worth it to me, I’d like to know if they are gonna go back to the longer sets or go with shorter ones as of the last year or so. 
    I'd expect it to be similar to last tour
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 519
    JackD. said:
    I've read everything over and over and I'm still a bit confused about when seniority kicks in if you selected a ticket option that could be standing OR seated such as London & Manchester.

Obviously it is a lottery just to get into the building.  But.... assuming you win that lottery does it mean that members with the lowest 10C numbers will be automatically allocated standing, while the higher 10C numbers will be seated?

OR, is it totally random whether you get allocated seated or standing? (With your 10C number then determining how good your seats are if you're given seats).
    That my friend is definitely not clear. And I don't think anybody really knows. My guess would be that it'll only kick in for seat allocation. But that's just a guess.
    I had the same confusion but tried to explain it to myself with sense:

Senority doesn‘t play a role in the lottery. You win or lose depending on availability not senority.

If you won and chose „GA or Seating“ they would start giving away GA. Why? Cause it would be implausible to give away Seating if others chose only that and GA is still available. If GA is gone, people who chose „GA or Seating“ or „Only Seating“ are in the same ballot and get seats by senority once they won.

So: Draw for „GA or Seating“ > give all the winners GA > Put losers in the ballot with „Only Seating“ > draw again > give winners seats by senority
    I doubt they would do two draws. If you’re selected they will give u what’s available based on your selection. Pretty simple. After that they send it over to the ten club that determine where your seats will be.
    Well they have to. If you have 1000 tickets and 2000 ticket applications, you can‘t draw 1000 because you don‘t know if under those 1000 are „enough“ to meet your supply for GA. Those 1000 could hypothetically all want seats. A demand you couldn‘t supply as part of your tickets are GA.

You have to give away GA first, therefore draw twice.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Super easy to enter.  Thanks 10c!
  • Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

This is my current situation (screen shot below) and not very technically minded... I've mailed what I think is the support mail, hoping for an answer soon. Tried across multiple devices and browsers, but no luck... Trying to buy for Europe leg. 

ps. Yes, the tickets are pricey - I'm on a South African budget and so starved to watch Pearl Jam play - that I'd be willing to pay almost anything to see them live - and have already travelled out of the country once to see Pearl Jam.

We all wanted new music, a tour and the chance for tickets - prices have risen everywhere - arenas have been underutilised and probably charge more than ever for the facility. Not to mention we don't even have to pay for the CD / Vinyl anymore to play their music over and over. 

Has anyone posted the Dublin 🇮🇪 Venue Map and pricing? I feel I read through the thread - but might have missed it... Really considering that as an option once I can enter. 
    Dublin [Marlay Park] is standing room only [it's an outdoor venue].  Pricing is e177
    Thanks so much... with the pricing I'm trying to find "the one" - being in the home of Guinness is a big plus for this show. 
    first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
  • Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

Golden Circle only (i.e. the standing bit right at the front) - €177.75 each
    Marlay Park - Dublin

• Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

Thanks so much... seems like it would be an incredible place to see them play 🙌
    first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 723
    If PJ cared enough, maybe they could go another route and take extra steps to prevent resale and keep the ticket cost low, but OTOH it's a business for them too; and / or maybe they don't care as much as they used to and can't be bothered. 
    They did, they made them non-transferable. Which the flippers figured out a workaround for immediately and which had some unintended consequences for people who bought their tix legitimately.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I did too at first with the old system in mind. I went back and changed it and selected all 3 options. I’m not sure if that’s the right or wrong thing to do. Some of those seats in the uppers are fucking awful and I’d rather pay scalpers to sit in a better seat. What a shitshow honestly. I don’t care about the ticket price increase, but that map of 10c tickets for msg is embarrassing. It’s the most sought after ticket and they know it and that’s the amount of 10c tickets? Maybe I’m missing something? Or being irrational?
    I don't think it's irrational at all. This is hard to stomach. 

It sucks the way this shit is trending. I'm planning a big year, but if seeing them in Ireland wasn't a bucket list item (that I could roll into my preexisting summer vacation plans), I wouldn't be getting on a plane for this tour. 
    It’s all just very disappointing. I’ll start saving now because I know it’s gonna cost me an arm and leg to go to msg and let’s be honest….. I’m most likely going to have to go through stubhub. 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 834
    If you want to answer the ticket price question, the more relevant question is "Who are these random casual fans of these bands paying $175 to sit in terrible seats and why are they here?" Prices are set on the margins, not by the super fans who wait in line for GA the night before.
    It seems like people just go to events to go to events these days. It's why comedians are suddenly playing multiple nights in arenas after 2 Netflix specials.

I feel like the argument with the band isn't about ticket prices (since the arenas are selling out), but why aren't we getting the better tickets since they are pretty much all the same price? If I can put the worst seats in the arena for Chicago and Austin on TM and have them sell immediately, why was I stuck with them in the first place?
    Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

Thanks so much... seems like it would be an incredible place to see them play 🙌
    It would be - but, start saving now!!
  • Dublin was the first place I saw a McDonalds meal be over 10 euros (2009). 
    Is it still as expensive. hehe. Stayed at a hostel for cheap though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tickets prices should vary based on seat location. Seats in nosebleeds should not be the same as next to the stage. 🤷‍♂️
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 129
    nicknyr15 said:
    So I put in for msg but only put in for the lower section. Is everyone putting in for all sections? 
    I’m in the same boat. I’m not a fan of the prices, especially for the upper section. I think I’m just going to try my luck with lower section only. They haven’t played my town in 11 years so I was excited for this show, but this may just be the tipping point for me. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I hate the ticket price argument because they are still cheaper than a lot of bands. The maps are a great addition this year. We are better informed, even if we don't like what they show. None of this is forever - for them or for us - so take advantage while you can. I get all that.

Still...pairs to three shows is $1,100. Before any travel, concessions, or merch. That's a hard number for me to justify. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Dublin was the first place I saw a McDonalds meal be over 10 euros (2009). 
    No way!!!

McDonald's meals are less than e10.  Although, I'm a vegetarian & buy the McPlant Meals I'm pretty sure a Big Mac Meal is less than e10
  • Busch896Busch896 Posts: 52
    For those submitting lottery requests for multiple countries/legs, we're supposed to do this via two different request links right? And receive 2 separate confirmation emails and #s? I want to make sure I didn't cancel my Philly/Balt request by entering a London request. 
    Philly 4-29-2016 ● NYC 9-11-2022 ● Camden 9-14-2022 ● Ft Worth 9-15-2023 ● Austin 9-18-2023 ● Philly 9-7-2024 ● Philly 9-9-2024 
  • JimmyV said:
    I hate the ticket price argument because they are still cheaper than a lot of bands. The maps are a great addition this year. We are better informed, even if we don't like what they show. None of this is forever - for them or for us - so take advantage while you can. I get all that.

Still...pairs to three shows is $1,100. Before any travel, concessions, or merch. That's a hard number for me to justify. 
    Yup, the $700 for both Fenway shows gave me some sticker shock. It's the first year I'm considering possibly just doing 1 show.  Depends how good Sunday is lol.  

And with this year being as big as it is, who knows when they'll be coming back out.  Ugh
    Not ticket-price related but I think it's weird that the 10th of each month is traditionally when PJ news is announced yet. they announce the tour and single / album on the 13th.

I'm so confused!!!  =)
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    LizJ said:
    LizJ said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LizJ said:
    Ok, so do I understand this correctly?

If I only want GA-tickets, I need to try the public sale, as there is no "GA only"- option (at least for the shows I want to see) for 10C?

And if I would want GA with early entry, then my only chances are either finding someone that had luck geting GA in the 10C draw and would be looking for a ticket buddy or finding 10C-GA-tickets on F2F, right?

If you're not in North America, and want tox for shows where the whole floor is GA, yeah. But where there is just a GA pit (like in all of North America, and apparently in London too, and maybe other places), tix won't be available in the general sale. They are for 10C members only. There is literally no way to just go for GA tix anymore, unfortunately.
    I am completely confused by this whole process. :s
    Question concerning the GA PIT: In London the floor is "GA PIT" and "Front Standing" area. So which area are you refering to, when you say that "they are for 10C members only" and "won´t be available in the general sale"?

If you look at the attached picture, you will see a purple area ("Front Standing") and blue areas (Seats). The purple area is the "pit" that is only available via 10C membership (entry will likely be controlled by a wrist band).

The "GA Pit" (in grey) will be sold during the general sale that starts on Feb 23rd - it will also be standing, but obviously further back.

The challenge with this sale is that if you choose the first option ("Front Standing or Reserved") you have no guarantee where you will end up. You could be lucky and get Front Standing, but you could end up with seats instead, and which seats will be determined by membership priority - i.e. lower 10C membership number = better seats. So £160 could get you right at the front, or almost at the back......

If you go for the second option "Reserved Only - seating" then you will obviously only be trying for a seat - but the membership priority point still applies.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! 
    I was not aware/forgot that FOS is for 10C members only. 
    As I do not want to end up with bad seats (and I wouldn’t be able to sell them, as I don’t have a bank account in the UK), that means I can’t apply for tickets through the Ten Club. 

Only option: Find another 10C member with a spare GA-ticket (either ticket buddy or through F2F).

This new system… :|

You can still get a GA ticket through the Ticketmaster verified fan presale or the public sale - you just won't be in front standing.
    so you are saying that, at least for london, 10c member are early entry or at least front standing
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    FBech said:
     Berlin is 175 euros across the whole venue at the 10 club presale, no difference, Is the general sale going to be the same price? 
    That's what I'm also wondering...???
  • kirb0110kirb0110 Posts: 39
    demetrios said:
    Has anyone yet receive a temporary $1 authorization on your credit card after putting in your request?

I’ve gotten a 1.00 charge on every place except for Canada. No charge but did receive the confirmation email. 
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    LizJ said:
    LizJ said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LizJ said:
    Ok, so do I understand this correctly?

If I only want GA-tickets, I need to try the public sale, as there is no "GA only"- option (at least for the shows I want to see) for 10C?

And if I would want GA with early entry, then my only chances are either finding someone that had luck geting GA in the 10C draw and would be looking for a ticket buddy or finding 10C-GA-tickets on F2F, right?

If you're not in North America, and want tox for shows where the whole floor is GA, yeah. But where there is just a GA pit (like in all of North America, and apparently in London too, and maybe other places), tix won't be available in the general sale. They are for 10C members only. There is literally no way to just go for GA tix anymore, unfortunately.
    I am completely confused by this whole process. :s
    Question concerning the GA PIT: In London the floor is "GA PIT" and "Front Standing" area. So which area are you refering to, when you say that "they are for 10C members only" and "won´t be available in the general sale"?

If you look at the attached picture, you will see a purple area ("Front Standing") and blue areas (Seats). The purple area is the "pit" that is only available via 10C membership (entry will likely be controlled by a wrist band).

The "GA Pit" (in grey) will be sold during the general sale that starts on Feb 23rd - it will also be standing, but obviously further back.

The challenge with this sale is that if you choose the first option ("Front Standing or Reserved") you have no guarantee where you will end up. You could be lucky and get Front Standing, but you could end up with seats instead, and which seats will be determined by membership priority - i.e. lower 10C membership number = better seats. So £160 could get you right at the front, or almost at the back......

If you go for the second option "Reserved Only - seating" then you will obviously only be trying for a seat - but the membership priority point still applies.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! 
    I was not aware/forgot that FOS is for 10C members only. 
    As I do not want to end up with bad seats (and I wouldn’t be able to sell them, as I don’t have a bank account in the UK), that means I can’t apply for tickets through the Ten Club. 

Only option: Find another 10C member with a spare GA-ticket (either ticket buddy or through F2F).

This new system… :|

You can still get a GA ticket through the Ticketmaster verified fan presale or the public sale - you just won't be in front standing.
    so you are saying that, at least for london, 10c member are early entry or at least front standing
    That's my reading of it. Not sure about early entry, but 10c has the front standing area.
  • Dublin was the first place I saw a McDonalds meal be over 10 euros (2009). 
    No way!!!

McDonald's meals are less than e10.  Although, I'm a vegetarian & buy the McPlant Meals I'm pretty sure a Big Mac Meal is less than e10
    Yeah, I also buy Plant based meals... but I am certain that Dublin was really expensive in 2009.... hmmmmmmmm
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cbeitingcbeiting Posts: 80
    Anyone remember when you had an opportunity to get two tickets. Period? None of this being able to get tickets for 23402304983 shows. Ever since they started doing that it's been an absolute shit show. I don't know why I'm even a 10C member anymore. It's not like:

- I even get tix now cause of the lottery (been shut out for years)
    - I'll pay $175/tix nowadays

I wish everyone good luck.
    Member since 1996...
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    JABK said:
    FBech said:
     Berlin is 175 euros across the whole venue at the 10 club presale, no difference, Is the general sale going to be the same price? 
    If general sale is cheaper than the 10c tickets then this is effectively dynamic pricing by stealth.
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    JABK said:
    FBech said:
    If general sale is cheaper than the 10c tickets then this is effectively dynamic pricing by stealth.
    I get that you pay more (175€) for comfort and good tickets...but 175€ for upper section seats in any venue is pretty salty...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Totally agree with you.  it's awful.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......