Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

This is my current situation (screen shot below) and not very technically minded... I've mailed what I think is the support mail, hoping for an answer soon. Tried across multiple devices and browsers, but no luck... Trying to buy for Europe leg. 

Has anyone else had these issues?
    Can anyone give me a step by step to fix this on Safari?

I had that issues.

It was because my VPN and I had to disable it.

Then, I changed browser and it worked.

Hope you find a solution but that was mine.
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 247
    demetrios said:
    Has anyone yet receive a temporary $1 authorization on your credit card after putting in your request?

I have a $2 google temporary hold on each card. But this happens when I enter them into any site. No temp charge from TM. 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    poto101 said:
    poto101 said:
    I'm still confused by the Chicago show options. The caption says "Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.", but how does that work when the first option is 'GA or P1'? is each option a seprate lottery?

Because you do have the option to avoid GA altogether and just pick reserved.  If you pick both you're in consideration for both reserved and GA.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's like say there are 45000 reserved tickets. And 1500 GA tix. You might as well put in for the total 46500 tickets instead of just 45000 tix. 
    Why would I need to pick both if the first option includes "GA Field or Reserved P1"? Shouldn't this option make all seat options and therefore all available 10c tix?

That's what I want to know. Saying that picking both options increases your odds suggests that they are having two separate lotteries for just the reserved seats, which would be insane IMO. @Santos L. Halper   can you tell us if there will be one or two lotteries for reserved seats please? It makes a big difference for how we register. Thanks!
    Last year that’s exactly what happened. They fucked up the lotto by not putting the people that only selected the GA and Res combo into the Res draw after they lost GA. 

But it’s the fans that are too dumb to understand how this lotto works lol

That didn't happen in Chicago at least, I only selected the GA/reserved option and got reserved.
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 323
    While I get the ticket prices are high, I am more annoyed that you have pre register, and then you have wait in some sort of lottery like we are some sort of part time Taylor swift fan?  I mean lets face it most of us are in our 30, 40, 50's who are going to these shows.   WE just want to buy the ticket and know where we are sitting or standing.... its greed and madness 
    The system they have where you go ahead and put in your requests ahead is way more efficient (when you get them) than having to block out part of your 30-50 year-old work day to deal with the Ticketmaster public on sale. 

Have you tried to buy tickets on Ticketmaster to shows that sell out right away?  That's greed and madness.  Get in queue 15 minutes before on sale.  Then sit in the queue for another 10+ minutes while a couple thousand people ahead of you try to buy their tickets.  Then you finally get to the select your seats screen and find seats you like.  At that point its usually crappy seats in upper level behind the stage or the marked up Platinum tickets.  Once you click on them, you find out someone else has already claimed them in his/her cart.  Repeat that 20+ times as you work your way down to less desirable seats.  Ticketmaster keeps adjusting their dynamic pricing as you're doing it.  When you finally do get seats in your cart you have to hope that the system isn't slowed down too much by the thousands of others doing the same thing, and that it doesn't time out before you can complete your purchase.  Imagine trying to do that to by a run of multiple shows that all go on sale at the same time with multiple devices/browsers all running.  No thanks.

I'll take my chances with this early lotto system any day over regular Ticketmaster.  10C tends to have better seats than Ticketmaster (unless you're looking for the Platinum-priced ones in the grayed out sections)
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Other bands are over here longer though, spreading some costs over ´more dates. Pearl Jam needs to get a crew over here, all equipment and a new scrapmetal bird - for what, 2-3 shows over a weekend what feels like... 

So, they have less shows to make a profit off.

But still, I paid this for two Metallica shows last summer. I paid a lot less for a pretty good seat at Bruce last summer.
    I paid 125 euros for Golden Circle ticket to Bruce next July in Stockholm. Cheap seats were starting at around 50-60 euros in Sweden last summer and this coming summer.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • runstaplesrunstaples Posts: 475
    I was gonna go for just MSG and Philly, but those are obviously going to be tough to get. For those who have been, would you recommend Fenway/Boston? I've only been to arenas, etc. 
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Clare ParsonsClare Parsons Drogheda, Ireland Posts: 26
    Here's my thoughts.  Don't @ me!

There's a lot of unhappy people here raging against the ticket cost.  I agree.  They are extortionate and over-priced.  It goes against the values that I thought PJ held dear - times have changed since the '90's!

However, that's where we are.  If people aren't happy the only way to communicate that to the band is to vote with your feet.  Send a message by not buying tickets - granted, that's difficult as we're all fans here.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth; if you don't like it, don't buy the tickets.  That'd send a pretty clear message to PJ that something ain't right.

hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye
  • demetrios said:
    Has anyone yet receive a temporary $1 authorization on your credit card after putting in your request?

Email yes, hold on card no……and it begins
  • HZ245969HZ245969 Posts: 10

There's a lot of unhappy people here raging against the ticket cost.  I agree.  They are extortionate and over-priced.  It goes against the values that I thought PJ held dear - times have changed since the '90's!

However, that's where we are.  If people aren't happy the only way to communicate that to the band is to vote with your feet.  Send a message by not buying tickets - granted, that's difficult as we're all fans here.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth; if you don't like it, don't buy the tickets.  That'd send a pretty clear message to PJ that something ain't right.

Thats the way i will handle it. Not easy, cause the shows are outstanding. But for me they have strayed from the right path 
    HZ245969 said:

Thats the way i will handle it. Not easy, cause the shows are outstanding. But for me they have strayed from the right path 
    Good for you!

Imagine if everyone voted with their feet... they'd surely sit up & take notice then.  
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 457
    mrk2 said:
    Other bands are over here longer though, spreading some costs over ´more dates. Pearl Jam needs to get a crew over here, all equipment and a new scrapmetal bird - for what, 2-3 shows over a weekend what feels like... 

But still, I paid this for two Metallica shows last summer. I paid a lot less for a pretty good seat at Bruce last summer.
    I paid 125 euros for Golden Circle ticket to Bruce next July in Stockholm. Cheap seats were starting at around 50-60 euros in Sweden last summer and this coming summer.
    Not defend high ticket prices, but Bruce is charging 180 EUR for FoS1-tickets this year in Germany. That is 30 EUR more than last year's German concerts.
  • Maybe the tickets went up so much is because the band really really likes money like most of us? There is nothing wrong with it. Some people seems to bend over backwards coming up with other reasons why prices are so high. Inflation and others reasons play a role, but if they can charge it, they might as well maximize revenue. 
    Stop justify them, please! I'll go to Barcelona (I hope both nights), but tickets prices are totally out of this world for Europe.
    Why one day ticket for Mad Cool costs 100 € and for the same band we have to spent 166 € to see them in an another venue??
    And this not depends by the capacity of the venue..
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,026
    edited February 14
    Originally we were planning to go to Dublin, Manchester, London and Berlin.

But now it's looking like Berlin (if we score TC tickets) and maybe London general admission. Partly due to the money, partly because of the ticket system. When you have to shift your travel budget to pay for the tickets it all becomes less appealing and financially viable, for me anyway.
    Post edited by Spags on
    Nature drunk and High
  • I was gonna go for just MSG and Philly, but those are obviously going to be tough to get. For those who have been, would you recommend Fenway/Boston? I've only been to arenas, etc. 
    It's a different animal altogether. In Fenway, unless you can get GA (and right near the front), you are likely looking at a screen most of time. Still a good time. Nothing wrong with overlooking a beautiful ballpark while listening to your favorite band. But nothing beats the "intimacy" of an arena show. Especially MSG and Philly.  

Intimacy in quotes because it's obviously nothing like a theater or a small club show. But after having seen 4 ballpark shows in a row, returning to an arena was heavenly. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    I was gonna go for just MSG and Philly, but those are obviously going to be tough to get. For those who have been, would you recommend Fenway/Boston? I've only been to arenas, etc. 
    Depends on where you're traveling from. Fenway (and Wrigley) being baseball stadiums means you could end up with seats very far away from stage depending on your member number (if not selected for GA). Arenas will definitely be better viewing options overall. Maybe some place like Baltimore as an option in addition to NYC and Phi.
    From my experience at Fenway, if you're close on field it's fine 9so GA or fairly close behind it for this year). Otherwise, really not a great concert venue. View from stands isn't the best.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JackD. said:
    I've read everything over and over and I'm still a bit confused about when seniority kicks in if you selected a ticket option that could be standing OR seated such as London & Manchester.

Obviously it is a lottery just to get into the building.  But.... assuming you win that lottery does it mean that members with the lowest 10C numbers will be automatically allocated standing, while the higher 10C numbers will be seated?

OR, is it totally random whether you get allocated seated or standing? (With your 10C number then determining how good your seats are if you're given seats).
    That my friend is definitely not clear. And I don't think anybody really knows. My guess would be that it'll only kick in for seat allocation. But that's just a guess.
    I had the same confusion but tried to explain it to myself with sense:

Senority doesn‘t play a role in the lottery. You win or lose depending on availability not senority.

If you won and chose „GA or Seating“ they would start giving away GA. Why? Cause it would be implausible to give away Seating if others chose only that and GA is still available. If GA is gone, people who chose „GA or Seating“ or „Only Seating“ are in the same ballot and get seats by senority once they won.

So: Draw for „GA or Seating“ > give all the winners GA > Put losers in the ballot with „Only Seating“ > draw again > give winners seats by senority
    I doubt they would do two draws. If you’re selected they will give u what’s available based on your selection. Pretty simple. After that they send it over to the ten club that determine where your seats will be.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,295
    Spags said:
    Originally we were planning to go to Dublin, Manchester, London and Berlin.

But now it's looking like Berlin (if we score TC tickets) and maybe London general admission. Partly due to the money, partly because of the ticket system. When you have to shift your travel budget to pay for the tickets it all becomes less appealing and financially viable, for me anyway.
    Planned the same now likely just Manchester and London, unless I can somehow make Dublin work 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 14

I @ you

This kind of market economy-logic in relations to being a fan, and fan-to-artist relations I consider eye-rollingly narrow. Whenever it pops up.

And empirically, what made Pearl Jam one year have to record a video assuring people to do things better was not because people in some "the invisible hand" way stopped supporting them, but people openly complaining about it - and it reached a breaking point. 

The same when their former manager came on here and had to answer to their failures. Even though he didn't answer much in the end to my recollection.

One person here and one person there considering this way to expensive and "vote with their wallet" will make Pearl Jam make up that money from the rest who are still stuck with wallets big enough. This is a monopoly, and the power balance is Pearl jam above us and us fans below. And to our graces (might not be a correct expression) we hope that they acknowledge that, and do no exploit it (too much). There aren't two Pearl Jams to choose from and we can't pick the cheaper option - and Pearl Jam will raise the price of their album from $45 to $55 if enough people do not buy it, not lower it to 35.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FBechFBech Posts: 47
     Berlin is 175 euros across the whole venue at the 10 club presale, no difference, Is the general sale going to be the same price? 

I @ you

This kind of market economy-logic in relations to being a fan, and fan-to-artist relations I consider eye-rollingly narrow. Whenever it pops up.

And empirically, what made Pearl Jam one year have to record a video assuring people to do things better was not because people in some "the invisible hand" way stopped supporting them, but people openly complaining about it - and it reached a breaking point. 

The same when their former manager came on here and had to answer to their failures. Even though he didn't answer much in the end to my recollection.

One person here and one person there considering this way to expensive and "vote with their wallet" will make Pearl Jam make up that money from the rest who are still stuck with wallets big enough. This is a monopoly, and the power balance is Pearl jam above us and us fans below. And to our graces we hope that they acknowledge that, and do no exploit it (too much). There aren't two Pearl Jams to choose from and we can't pick the cheaper option - and Pearl Jam will raise the price of their album from $45 to $55 if enough people do not buy it, not lower it to 35.
    Fair point.  I wholeheartedly agree.  

I guess - go to the gig if you can afford it.  don't go to the gig if you can't afford it.  

You're right, they'd make up the money from the rest who have big wallets.  I only wish I was one of them!

p.s. thanks for @'ing me!!
  • A question.... because this is hurting my brain a little.

If I register for Barcelona, two tickets for a show. But I end up going without my mum.
    Then, I can't sell it through F2F because I have a swedish credit card.
    But as usual, I can sale it for face to another member and they can have a ticket? Or do they have to go in with me using my phone for both tickets?

Second, If I register for the Barcelona show I can go to. And I'm shit out of luck and do not get a ticket. How many days after is the general sale?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • So I finally won or lost the conflict with myself in regard to tickets (depending on how you look at it) and put my order in for Berlin. in the process, I checked my records to see what I paid 2014 ($115 per ticket GA standing) in Berlin and what I paid 2022 ($130 per ticket GA standing). Whatever that did with me, I ended up ordering. And I must say, I almost choked when I first saw the prices. I guess it's a big wakeup call to what has been going on these past years. Nevertheless, the price development in the last 10 years is bearable, even if the total cost of one ticket is astronomical from today's point of view. I think what got me in the end was a thought about what some people pay for a football match, without even knowing what they're going to get. At least we know what we are going to get - especially from a two-night run at the Waldbühne. So now, at least I can sleep with a clean(er) conscience. I wish all you the best in making your own personal decison this time around....surely not an easy one, at least it was not for me. That being said, let the anticipation begin!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    A question.... because this is hurting my brain a little.

If I register for Barcelona, two tickets for a show. But I end up going without my mum.
    Then, I can't sell it through F2F because I have a swedish credit card.
    But as usual, I can sale it for face to another member and they can have a ticket? Or do they have to go in with me using my phone for both tickets?

Most likely other person will have to enter with you and scan both tix from your phone.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    @nicknyr15 I put in for lowers only at msg.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,110

Please, don't excuse them ..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,073
    Get_Right said:
    Maybe the tickets went up so much is because the band really really likes money like most of us? There is nothing wrong with it. Some people seems to bend over backwards coming up with other reasons why prices are so high. Inflation and others reasons play a role, but if they can charge it, they might as well maximize revenue. 
    Why not all of the above?

OF course, they want to maximize their revenue and provide for their families... and they're getting older and want to play fewer shows... and they're running a business w/ employees to support... and it's expensive AF to tour post covid... I don't think it comes down to one single factor. 

It is a post COVID TM business model. They want to capture the secondary market and maximize revenue from every seat. If someone is willing to pay $400 on stubhub shouldn't the band get some of that revenue? Of course it is TM that wants that revenue and they share it with the artist. That is what is happening and that is why ticket prices are so much higher. That is why you see $800 seats on TM after the "public onsale." Those seats are not released to the public at face value. They (PJ Premium) are priced high to determine the market price and TM shares the proceeds with the artist. That is the value proposition and it is hard for the artist to say no. Companies like stubhub make millions and none of that goes to the artist. And of course, TM wants that revenue. It is not about inflation or the cost of touring IMHO.
    Agreed... I forgot to include the resale market angle - things were trending this way before COVID... IIRC Taylor Swift and other acts were buying face value tickets to their own concerts and reselling them for a greater profit well before the whole Premium ticket existed. 

Is that shady? Idk... If those seats are worth way more than what they were being sold at face value, why shouldn't the artist and other people putting on the show get that revenue as opposed to some guy sitting in his basement doing nothing but buying and selling tickets on his computer? Granted, I don't think Ticketmaster needs the money, but again... if the tickets are worth the premium price, it should be going to the people putting on the show as opposed to an entity completely unrelated to the event. 

The growth and revenue behind the resale market is as much responsible for these high prices as anything else, and that sucks for those of us who can't / won't / don't want to spend $200 a ticket, because there's no shortage of people who do. 

If PJ cared enough, maybe they could go another route and take extra steps to prevent resale and keep the ticket cost low, but OTOH it's a business for them too; and / or maybe they don't care as much as they used to and can't be bothered. 
  • Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

This is my current situation (screen shot below) and not very technically minded... I've mailed what I think is the support mail, hoping for an answer soon. Tried across multiple devices and browsers, but no luck... Trying to buy for Europe leg. 

Has anyone else had these issues?
    Can anyone give me a step by step to fix this on Safari?

ps. Yes, the tickets are pricey - I'm on a South African budget and so starved to watch Pearl Jam play - that I'd be willing to pay almost anything to see them live - and have already travelled out of the country once to see Pearl Jam.

I've looked at other show prices and seen they are very much in line.

We all wanted new music, a tour and the chance for tickets - prices have risen everywhere - arenas have been underutilised and probably charge more than ever for the facility. Not to mention we don't even have to pay for the CD / Vinyl anymore to play their music over and over. 

Let's just learn to be grateful... it'll help, I promise. 

While I wait to be considered human again...

Has anyone posted the Dublin 🇮🇪 Venue Map and pricing? I feel I read through the thread - but might have missed it... Really considering that as an option once I can enter. 
    first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    edited February 14
    mcgruff10 said:
    @nicknyr15 I put in for lowers only at msg.  
    I did too at first with the old system in mind. I went back and changed it and selected all 3 options. I’m not sure if that’s the right or wrong thing to do. Some of those seats in the uppers are fucking awful and I’d rather pay scalpers to sit in a better seat. What a shitshow honestly. I don’t care about the ticket price increase, but that map of 10c tickets for msg is embarrassing. It’s the most sought after ticket and they know it and that’s the amount of 10c tickets? Maybe I’m missing something? Or being irrational?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    mattcoz said:
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    poto101 said:
    poto101 said:
    I'm still confused by the Chicago show options. The caption says "Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.", but how does that work when the first option is 'GA or P1'? is each option a seprate lottery?

Because you do have the option to avoid GA altogether and just pick reserved.  If you pick both you're in consideration for both reserved and GA.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's like say there are 45000 reserved tickets. And 1500 GA tix. You might as well put in for the total 46500 tickets instead of just 45000 tix. 
    Why would I need to pick both if the first option includes "GA Field or Reserved P1"? Shouldn't this option make all seat options and therefore all available 10c tix?

That's what I want to know. Saying that picking both options increases your odds suggests that they are having two separate lotteries for just the reserved seats, which would be insane IMO. @Santos L. Halper   can you tell us if there will be one or two lotteries for reserved seats please? It makes a big difference for how we register. Thanks!
    Last year that’s exactly what happened. They fucked up the lotto by not putting the people that only selected the GA and Res combo into the Res draw after they lost GA. 

But it’s the fans that are too dumb to understand how this lotto works lol

That didn't happen in Chicago at least, I only selected the GA/reserved option and got reserved.
    On the first draw? Day one?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 370
    Since ticket prices have gone up, and I’m Ikinda on the edge of its worth it to me, I’d like to know if they are gonna go back to the longer sets or go with shorter ones as of the last year or so.