Options

Pearljam Australia Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 590
    I've seen some great shows in stadiums, but I've seen way more great shows in indoor arenas. The view in a stadium for 95% of the audience is a big screen. It's okay but not as good.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 259
    Spunkie said:
    ^ Happy Australia day, indeed! I just had my e-toursist Visa granted to visit. That  should have been my first step. The ETA app was cheaper (20Aus) than that Immu site/office that wanted 190$.
    Not sure which visa you were looking at on the immi ac website as they are free??
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,955
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    ^ Happy Australia day, indeed! I just had my e-toursist Visa granted to visit. That  should have been my first step. The ETA app was cheaper (20Aus) than that Immu site/office that wanted 190$.
    Not sure which visa you were looking at on the immi ac website as they are free??
    Nope??

• Options

$20Aus. Cheaper, faster,easier. Less anal probing, too !
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Spunkie said:

$20Aus. Cheaper, faster,easier. Less anal probing, too !
    Some people are happy to pay extra for the probing :rofl:
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    ^ how do you do the guy laughing pounding the floor emoji? I know I was looking at that sentence and thinking that would make a good ad. Lol
  • Options
    edited January 30
    type a colon : then a letter after it to get different options
    :rofl: is : followed by an r

Now I'm talking about probing and colons together!!!
    :giggle:
    Post edited by redraw on
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
  • Options
     I'm a pro at stating the obvious, I am going to milk that emoji for all it's worth :rofl:
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Nope??

Thats for up to a 12mth visa not an ETA thats why- the evisitor visa is free which gives you the uo to 3mths stay 
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,511
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Nope??

Thats for up to a 12mth visa not an ETA thats why- the evisitor visa is free which gives you the uo to 3mths stay 
    But she had to buy it now for some reason and wouldn't wait... I'll do my free visitor visa every time
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Nope??

But she had to buy it now for some reason and wouldn't wait... I'll do my free visitor visa every time
    Little bit harsh, no?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,511
    on2legs said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Nope??

Little bit harsh, no?
    No... it's just what happened
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Nope??

You can apply the subclass 651 free on the immi site ahead of time, it doesn't need to be used within a 3-month window. It's also good for a year with 3 months max entries at a time.

As a first step, it's best to do before purchasing flights, in case you're an undesirable and denied entry. 

Thanks, Michey, for showing me this option on the site because I had found the wrong tourist subclass!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Nope??

You can apply the subclass 651 free on the immi site ahead of time, it doesn't need to be used within a 3-month window. It's also good for a year with 3 months max entries at a time.

As a first step, it's best to do before purchasing flights, in case you're an undesirable and denied entry. 

Thanks, Michey, for showing me this option on the site because I had found the wrong tourist subclass!
    No probs at all- i just wanted to make sure anyone reading this and acting on it has the right info. As a previous travel agent, i had customers come in all the time that had been ripped off from going on wrong websites that over charged or got the wrong visa so just wanna make sure everyone has access to the right info 🤩
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,640
    on2legs said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Nope??

Little bit harsh, no?
    I have determined that this poster is harsh sometimes, but honestly does not realize it.   So it doesn’t bug me anymore.  
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Heard from a friend last night who works at Heritage Stadium here on the Gold Coast that they've been told to keep Nov 13th free 🤘🤘
  • Options
    Oh yeah!! :hang_loose:
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    redraw said:
    Heard from a friend last night who works at Heritage Stadium here on the Gold Coast that they've been told to keep Nov 13th free 🤘🤘
    In line with the rumored date for GC!!
  • Options

PJ tickets next!!!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:

PJ tickets next!!!
    Nice!!!
    :clap:
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 859
    Make sure you hit Fergburger afterwards to celebrate.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    edited February 3
    ^ oh man I love a good burger thanks for the tip!

That looks like a nice way to see a bit of the country ie: Browns bay!

I'll have to see how the jet lag is! We are planning on mostly veggin at Princess wharf, looking at the water, and being tired for 4 days haha, bungy and show!

• Options
    JT167846 said:
    Make sure you hit Fergburger afterwards to celebrate.
    Well done you re bungy  - im currently looking at booking a skydive over Tauranga! Been on the bucket list for years.

And I second the Fergburger recommendation- cant go to Queenstown and not experience it- if its like it used to be go hungry and be prepared for a line but its so worth it.
  • Options
    edited February 3
    Fuck ya, Michey!

I hope you make your booking Michey! No time like the present! That sounds super fun, good for you!

Edit: I can't believe there's no age minimum to do this I have to check it out further!!!  I won't make it though, because I'm not going to rent a car after all since GoMedia doesn't have parking.
  • Options
    edited February 3
    It's too far of a drive for us! the website said it's 5 minutes from the cruise ship but it's not from CBD.

Book it!!! So fun

Another great tip! Thank you 😊
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Fuck ya, Michey!

I hope you make your booking Michey! No time like the present! That sounds super fun, good for you!

Edit: I can't believe there's no age minimum to do this I have to check it out further!!! Kid has always wanted to! She's fun 😁

I'm looking at Sunday the 10th. Better book quick ;)

My daughter has asked to do this before but we're not allowed to this in Canada at her age. If you find that this was the spot you wanted and it's full,  please let me know and I'll cancel for you!
    Haha amazing - 🤩 think you will be talking about the experiences from this trip for many years and no you are all good- i plan to be in Tauranga pre show dates - im headed over to NZ end of Oct to do some pre show sightseeing 🥳🥳🥳
  • Options
    edited February 3
    Oh my, jumped the gun and not jumping! Pipsqueak has changed her thinking. Girls...
  • Options
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Fuck ya, Michey!

Edit: I can't believe there's no age minimum to do this I have to check it out further!!! Kid has always wanted to! She's fun 😁

My daughter has asked to do this before but we're not allowed to this in Canada at her age. If you find that this was the spot you wanted and it's full,  please let me know and I'll cancel for you!
    Haha amazing - 🤩 think you will be talking about the experiences from this trip for many years and no you are all good- i plan to be in Tauranga pre show dates - im headed over to NZ end of Oct to do some pre show sightseeing 🥳🥳🥳
    What's on your trip itinerary besides the bestest, newest sounds?
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    Fuck ya, Michey!

What's on your trip itinerary besides the bestest, newest sounds?
    I will keep your pm confidential, but I must say: If anyone wants travel itinerary ideas hit up @Micheyb21!!! 👌 wow.