Options

Pearljam Australia Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 624
    Coshie said:
    FYI, Melbournes Marvel Stadium sound is horrible in the seats. Ensure you’re on the ground at minimum.
    So that requires 10c members to skip the 10c process as you can’t select a standing only option! It’s ridiculous.
  • Options
    rimbrimb Posts: 36
    edited February 14
    Been a while since I've been to a Pearl Jam show and never seen them at a stadium before.  Is the Golden Circle area always standing only or are there seats in there?
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,922
    ^Mosh pit??? Dunno but doubt chairs, hope for dance space!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,505
    rimb said:
    Been a while since I've been to a Pearl Jam show and never seen them at a stadium before.  Is the Golden Circle area always standing only or are there seats in there?
    No chairs.. standing only on field except ADA
  • Options
    rimbrimb Posts: 36
    edited February 14
    rimb said:
    No chairs.. standing only on field except ADA
    Thanks.

ADA = ?
  • Options
    Another guess - wheelchairs? 
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Coshie said:
    FYI, Melbournes Marvel Stadium sound is horrible in the seats. Ensure you’re on the ground at minimum.
    So that requires 10c members to skip the 10c process as you can’t select a standing only option! It’s ridiculous.
    Matt! You're gonna get where ya wanna be! Enjoy today :) hope to see ya there on the floor 😀
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    Bummer about the flip of the Sydney and Melbourne dates.
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Another guess - wheelchairs? 
    Yes.. section for those with special need
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 858
    Any word on if the second dates for some cities will materalise? Or do we need to wait a few days/until on sale?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    Sometimes second shows don’t have fan club tickets if they go on sale right away after the first show.  Will see.  Hoping for second Sydney show as can’t see the first one, 
  • Options
    When they played Marvel Stadium (then called Ethiad Stadium) in 2009 there were plenty of seats unsold in the Level 3 area so I don't think they'll have a second Melbourne show. 
  • Options
    CoshieCoshie Port Fairy Posts: 279
    Bummer about the flip of the Sydney and Melbourne dates.
    Yes this sucks for sure. Stuff’s the road trip up. Best guess is Adelaide will be added in between, then off to Sydney where they can fly out better.
    Melbourne - 1998-2003-2006-2009-2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo Melbourne - 2011-2014
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
    Missoula 2018
    Baltimore, New York 2020 😭
    EV & Earthlings New York 1 & 2 - 2022
    EV & Earthlings New Jersey - 2022
  • Options
    ^ I made peace with that pretty quick. My trip will be less harried and maybe can get a Bondi ride or swim in. I thought it'd be cool to catch the very first Vancouver show and then the very last Melbourne show. But that would have been too long of a trip during school days for the wee one.
  • Options
    CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    I’m a 343xxx Aussie member. I’m super nervous about getting tickets for the Gold Coast. I really want Golden Circle. But also registered for Ticketmaster presale. So if I get allocated seating I’ll be super bummed but then just go for golden circle tickets with general public and hope for the best. Won’t get early10C entry which sux but what can you do. Won’t be able to sleep Friday night awaiting the email haha 
  • Options
    I want that too!!! I've never been in a golden circle. At least at a concert :) 
  • Options
    I’m a 343xxx Aussie member. I’m super nervous about getting tickets for the Gold Coast. I really want Golden Circle. But also registered for Ticketmaster presale. So if I get allocated seating I’ll be super bummed but then just go for golden circle tickets with general public and hope for the best. Won’t get early10C entry which sux but what can you do. Won’t be able to sleep Friday night awaiting the email haha 
    Is your username: Carl is le bj?
  • Options
    llamasrawesumllamasrawesum Auckland, NZ Posts: 32
    Is a 3rd Sydney show possible at this point? The capacity is only 23,500 and a quarter of the stadium will be behind the stage. The Marvel Stadium is double the size of the Sydney one. If Melbourne gets 2 shows surely Sydney would get more than 2?
    Upcoming:
    Auckland 8&10
    Sydney 21&23
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,013
    Is a 3rd Sydney show possible at this point? The capacity is only 23,500 and a quarter of the stadium will be behind the stage. The Marvel Stadium is double the size of the Sydney one. If Melbourne gets 2 shows surely Sydney would get more than 2?
    In my opinion Melbourne will only have one show, however if Melbourne was to get two then it is conceivable that Sydney has three. Last stop on the tour so if the stadium isn’t already booked, then it plausible. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 584
    Melbourne and Sydney will add second shows.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    DL236795DL236795 Gold Coast, Australia Posts: 30
    Im the same. Want Golden Circle for GC. If I miss out and get the A Reserve can I sell them?
    Brisbane 1998 #1, Brisbane 2003 #1, #2, Brisbane 2006 #1, #2, Brisbane 2009, Gold Coast 2014
  • Options
    In my opinion Melbourne will only have one show, however if Melbourne was to get two then it is conceivable that Sydney has three. Last stop on the tour so if the stadium isn’t already booked, then it plausible. 
    That's good to know. I decided it's too much money to go to both Melbourne and Sydney so banking on Sydney instead. Fingers crossed a few are added.

Upcoming:
    Auckland 8&10
    Sydney 21&23
  • Options
    JK109224 said:
    @JK109224 where do you get all this info hahaha. You were in the know about the Pixies as well. I was half expecting it to still be My Morning Jacket
    Upcoming:
    Auckland 8&10
    Sydney 21&23
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,015
    I have never got 10C tickets unfortunately. But have registered.

The Ticketmaster registration approach I commend Pearl Jam's intent, but unlike the 10C registration process, there was no word on whether first in gets first. ie a queue. As soon as I woke raced to work, had no opportunity and have only just done it. Never missed my home show for PJ, but could this approach mean i am at the back of a queue?

Thoughts?
  • Options

The Ticketmaster registration approach I commend Pearl Jam's intent, but unlike the 10C registration process, there was no word on whether first in gets first. ie a queue. As soon as I woke raced to work, had no opportunity and have only just done it. Never missed my home show for PJ, but could this approach mean i am at the back of a queue?

Thoughts?
    Huh?  Are you worried about that in February?  If you get front standing section there will be p plenty of time for instruction on entry. It's 8 months away! Relax
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 858
    JK109224 said:
    @JK109224 where do you get all this info hahaha. You were in the know about the Pixies as well. I was half expecting it to still be My Morning Jacket
    Auckland too?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options

Thoughts?
    It doesn't matter what time you registered for 10C ticket lottery. Cheers!
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    JK109224 said:
    Auckland too?
    Dimi posted on shows their seeing include:
    SYDNEY X 2
    MELBOURNE X 2

Hope Air Canada doesn't bump my flight and we catch Kiwi show :)
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 249
    It seems an awful long way to go to play 4 shows - guess its all going to depend on demand and how much surfing downtime is planned.

thanks to that lovely switcheroo on Mel/Syd - ive sadly crossed Melbourne off my plans and switched up to be in Sydney- a terrible hardship I know 🤣 Been 8 years since my last visit so looking forward to it

fingers crossed for everyone getting tickets 🤞🤞🤞

@Spunkie make sure you check in online as soon as check in opens- you are unlikely to be bumped off that way. Im still not sure how you are going to do a 12+ hr flight and attend a show. 🙀🙀
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    edited February 14
    It's not ideal, but the day before my flight and the day before that, the flights are 3 legs at 23 hours, so not much choice flying direct prior to the show. At least it's a red eye. 

* caffeine to plug adenosine receptors * 😃 
    Post edited by Spunkie on