Options

Pearljam Australia Tour 2024

VedderledbetterVedderledbetter Brisbane Australia Posts: 1
Hi Ten Club,
I saw PJ hint a 2024 Aus Tour on their Facebook page, nothing concrete just a 'g'day mate it's time to make sure your Ten Club membership is up to date so you don't miss out on any announcements' (wink wink etc, or something like that). Now other random music blogs are announcing an Aus Tour and one has even posted dates! Is there anywhere legitimate that PJ have actually announced dates, or are these music blog pages just making stuff up? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    I think most of them (especially alt nation) get there info from these boards....

It definitely sounds like it will happen this year and the November dates fit since they always come down here during our warmer months.

I am ready to book my flights to Sydney and Melbourne to do all of the shows - just need to convince the wife  :worried:
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,420
    edited January 5
    Already a lot in rumor thread on this.... please close this one @sea?
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 605
    Can never have enough AUS/NZ threads!
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    matt84 said:
    Can never have enough AUS/NZ threads!
    They always get canned..lol
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,685
    I just renewed my Canadian passport today! My hotels & flights are booked based on the rumours. Next up, doggie vaccine update for Bark&Fly!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I just renewed my Canadian passport today! My hotels & flights are booked based on the rumours. Next up, doggie vaccine update for Bark&Fly!
    Why don't you go ahead and get some colorful AUD money while you're booking everything so far in advance. Never know how exchange rate will go... can't imagine why anyone would book flights so far out
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 244
    Spunkie said:
    🥳 brilliant! - ive got month off work booked, a rough itinerary to follow put together and some hotels booked and now looking at getting my Australia and NZ evisas sorted 🤣 I will book flights pretty soon i think
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    ^^Right, forgot about currency!! I love having this trip to look forward to. NZ has a bungee jumping bridge!

A mistake I made was almost forgetting about the Great Barrier Reef. I booked GC to SYD and was lucky to later find a day excursion to the coral 🪸 🙃  so no backtracking!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Glad I saw this thread.  Wasn't thinking about visas.
  • Options
    It doesn't take that long to get evisa.

• Options

Yep, just downloaded the Apps and was pretty quick.  
  • Options

You don't need to apply this far out... ridiculous.. it's 10 months away. 
  • Options

It was only $70.  Figured I would knock it out while thinking about it.  Not like I would be going back next year. 
  • Options
    True - dont need to do visas early i agree so no need to panic but will say the nz one is valid for 2 yrs. as i also wont be going again in that time or switching passports, it wont make any difference to me personally to get in advance.same goes with the Aussie one- except that one valid for a year from date of issue.

ps for the Australia evisa you can get the app and do one - think its $20 fee otherwise you can also apply online for free if create an Immi Account with the Au gov.
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
  • Options

It was only $70.  Figured I would knock it out while thinking about it.  Not like I would be going back next year. 
    Whatever...I can think of better things to do with my$ then let Aussie govt hold it for 10 months. 
    Plus if shows got pushed back you'd need another one. Whatever.. guess you're all first timers. Good luck
  • Options
    edited January 9

Whatever...I can think of better things to do with my$ then let Aussie govt hold it for 10 months. 
    Plus if shows got pushed back you'd need another one. Whatever.. guess you're all first timers. Good luck
    What’s your problem?   I lose 3.50 on interest?   If it gets pushed back to January I won’t be going, and worst case I pay another $20 to get a new one on a trip that will cost $12k to 17k.  

Traveled to 21 countries.  Must be a miracle I have survived without your advice all these years. 

Good luck?  Good luck to you jackass.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options

Actually its the NZ gov - and part of the fee is a tourist conservation levy fee which goes towards protecting the environment - im happy for them to have my money in advance no probs. 

First timer? No ive travelled to over 65 countries thanks- i just like to plan and be organised- but thats me so you do you
  • Options
    Me too 😀
    Happy golfing!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Me too 😀
    Happy golfing!
    Got ten more months to wait.  Ugh…
  • Options
    I know I've been counting the months it's way better than a year out! I got lucky they're starting close to my hometown May 4th... 

• Options
    edited January 10

What’s your problem?   I lose 3.50 on interest?   If it gets pushed back to January I won’t be going, and worst case I pay another $20 to get a new one on a trip that will cost $12k to 17k.  

It was actually only $45 after conversion.  So only out $2.25 of interest.  Sweet!
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 605
    Spunkie said:
    Me too 😀
    Happy golfing!
    Got ten more months to wait.  Ugh…
    10 months isn’t really that long these days. Think I had tickets for Bruce’s 2023 tour for about 14 or 15 months and had even longer to wait for the Blink 182 2023 tour date I was going to. The frustrating thing is that they haven’t made the announcement yet!
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968
    Now media in Adelaide (the nightly news) are running with the potential of PJ playing there after the Adelaide 500. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Hmmm.. only have 14th or 15th open?
  • Options
    edited February 3
    I've got renewed excitement again!
    All of my flights and hotels are paid to Auk, Ool, Lady Elliott Island, Syd and home (except for my Gold Coast hotel)! 

Hope for PJ tix to kick my vacay up a notch! 

Pipsqeuak is going to have so much fun! We're gonna bungee jump off the Auckland bridge; hit Dreamworld🎢 in GC and surf Paradise beach; snorkel the Great Barrier Reef 🤿; as well as a🏄‍♀️ surf lesson on Manly and 🐨 Taronga Zoo🦘in Sydney. 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 17

Why are you showing people what you're paying? Thats like bragging..
    . ... about all the money you have that you can afford all that. 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    edited January 17
    Hey you make a good point. I'm going to delete where I'm staying, if you could delete the quote please? @Sea

(I sent you a private message to say this G, but I see you've got me on ignore.)

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Thanks 😊 @Sea! U2, GotB
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I've got renewed excitement again!
    All of my flights and hotels are paid to Auk, Ool, Lady Elliott Island, Syd and home (except for my Gold Coast hotel)! 

Hope for PJ tix to kick my vacay up a notch! 

Pipsqeuak is going to have so much fun! We're gonna bungee jump off the Auckland bridge; hit Dreamworld🎢 in GC and surf Paradise beach; snorkel the Great Barrier Reef 🤿; as well as a🏄‍♀️ surf lesson on Manly and 🐨 Taronga Zoo🦘in Sydney. 

What a great itinerary.  You are doing it right!

I am basically golfing which I could do anywhere.    And then see some fjords.  Can’t wait!