Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• My curiosity wants to see a copy of the set list they were planning for that lovely Sunday evening, if they had even drafted it yet 
    same...it haunts me
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Me too, I think I am mentally prepared to see it now.
  • I take a different stance and never want to know

The show didn't happen.  No reason to run our noses in shit.  :lol:  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Bet nothing ever got put to paper. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    I take a different stance and never want to know

The show didn't happen.  No reason to run our noses in shit.  :lol:  
    Yeah, if I know... the hurt starts all over again.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,321
    JimmyV said:
    Bet nothing ever got put to paper. 
    I'm pretty sure the set list doesn't get written down until after soundcheck.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    From Jeff’s IG account. This seems encouraging for us at least!

• Jadler said:

New album and cities they haven’t played in a long time for 2024.
    Jadler said:

Choosing to focus on the Indy we’ll be back part..
  • Jadler said:

Nice catch!
  • Jadler said:
    Jadler said:

Of course! It’s promising and hopefully means I can hang onto my pit tickets.
    Jadler said:
    Jadler said:

Of course! It’s promising and hopefully means I can hang onto my pit tickets.
    Same! 🤞 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,145
    BF25394 said:
    Yes I am guilty of steering this thread into Covid territory. Since Matt had it it kind of applies? lol. I'm not an idiot or crazy if my opinion doesn't align with yours. I appreciate the detailed and thoughtful responses and I don't wish Covid on anyone, even the one's that make personal attacks against someone they don't know. My experiences have influenced my opinion which changed from 2020 to where we are now.

Now. How about that rescheduled date?
    Don't worry, you didn't steer it there. On the first page, someone made a skeptical reference to "the COVID sniffles," and there was a lot of back-and-forth from there. I'm glad you found my response thoughtful and I hope you realize that it didn't contain any personal attacks. I was just trying to offer some additional information and context about the things you wrote.

You didn't make a personal attack. I think I was speed reading and saw someone else's response and took it the wrong way. Although, whenever Covid or anything remotely political is discussed online, personal attacks seem to follow. Thanks fellow Jammer. May your future setlist contain at least one white whale :)
    uh...you said there were covid vaccine mandates...there weren't. Don't confuse someone calling out your BS for a personal attack.

This is not a personal attack.
    State workers lost their jobs over refusing to vaccinate. My employer at the time threatened termination.
  • The lack of communication about refunds or rescheduling from PJ, Ten Club or Ticketmaster has been unfortunate. Glad PJ & Ticketmaster are making interest off the money they took from me months ago…
    so glad PJ is concerned about me, classic liberal bs - all words
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    The lack of communication about refunds or rescheduling from PJ, Ten Club or Ticketmaster has been unfortunate. Glad PJ & Ticketmaster are making interest off the money they took from me months ago…
    It’s nice to be reminded once in awhile that people of this intelligence level walk among us. 
  • RiotZact said:
    The lack of communication about refunds or rescheduling from PJ, Ten Club or Ticketmaster has been unfortunate. Glad PJ & Ticketmaster are making interest off the money they took from me months ago…
    It’s nice to be reminded once in awhile that people of this intelligence level walk among us. 
    Without getting into the politics, Buckeye is not wrong about the lack of communication.  That said it’s pretty clear they aren’t rescheduling for 2023 and there’s no real need to know the exact 2024 date yet.  My guess is the people who need to sort it out were busy executing the 2023 Texas dates.  I would personally hope the new Indy date is announced before the rest of the 2024 tour, even if it is part of the tour.  I am thrilled to have tickets and am not at all concerned about the interest.  Whatever that is worth is probably less than the 2924 price increase over 2023 will be.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • You can get your refund if after 60 days there’s no rescheduled date. This is a normal policy from Ticketmaster. Happened a lot during COVID.
  • That's a very positive post from Jeff.  Much more so than the stuff he posted after last year's tours.  But 8 shows over 3 weeks in 4 cities is much more manageable than last year.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Jadler said:

That just made me smile...  =)
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • leep75 said:
    Way to go @BF25394. <3 I think weather-wise May would be just as fine as September.
    You must not have been there in 2010.  Fall weather in Indiana is much better than Spring.
    Weather was great... until that huge storm blew through.  Only postponed the show what, 2 hours or so?  My old brain can't remember lol.
  • If it's a new album tour next year I think Indy deserves 2 shows, Friday/Saturday.  Friday can be the make up show we would've gotten this year (no new material), Saturday can be the new album tour show.  It's only fair :)
  • I love to hear new material.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Save Who said:
    If it's a new album tour next year I think Indy deserves 2 shows, Friday/Saturday.  Friday can be the make up show we would've gotten this year (no new material), Saturday can be the new album tour show.  It's only fair :)
    not to beat a dead horse but they were originally scheduled to play Sat/Sun this year....I assumed that Ed didn't want back to back concerts

Imagine the disappointment of both shows being cancelled

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • theebradnesstheebradness Posts: 280
    edited September 2023
    BF25394 said:
    Yes I am guilty of steering this thread into Covid territory. Since Matt had it it kind of applies? lol. I'm not an idiot or crazy if my opinion doesn't align with yours. I appreciate the detailed and thoughtful responses and I don't wish Covid on anyone, even the one's that make personal attacks against someone they don't know. My experiences have influenced my opinion which changed from 2020 to where we are now.

Now. How about that rescheduled date?
    Don't worry, you didn't steer it there. On the first page, someone made a skeptical reference to "the COVID sniffles," and there was a lot of back-and-forth from there. I'm glad you found my response thoughtful and I hope you realize that it didn't contain any personal attacks. I was just trying to offer some additional information and context about the things you wrote.

You didn't make a personal attack. I think I was speed reading and saw someone else's response and took it the wrong way. Although, whenever Covid or anything remotely political is discussed online, personal attacks seem to follow. Thanks fellow Jammer. May your future setlist contain at least one white whale :)
    uh...you said there were covid vaccine mandates...there weren't. Don't confuse someone calling out your BS for a personal attack.

This is not a personal attack.

That's a mandate

So is this.

man·date
    /ˈmanˌdāt/
    noun
    noun: mandate; plural noun: mandates
    1. 1.
      an official order or commission to do something.
      "a mandate to seek the release of political prisoners"
      h
      Similar:
      instruction
    directive
    direction
    decree
    command
    order
    injunction
    edict
    charge
    commission
    bidding
    warrant
    ruling
    ordinance
    law
    statute
    fiat
    ukase
    pronunciamentoLawa commission by which a party is entrusted to perform a service, especially without payment and with indemnity against loss by that party.US•Lawan order from an appellate court to a lower court to take a specific action.a written authority enabling someone to carry out transactions on another's bank account.historicala commission from the League of Nations to a member state to administer a territory."the end of the British mandate in Palestine"2. the authority to carry out a policy or course of action, regarded as given by the electorate to a candidate or party that is victorious in an election.

Post edited by theebradness on
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Does anyone else hear a baby crying?

There's those personal attacks I was talking about! lol, thanks homie. I needed that.
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

There's those personal attacks I was talking about! lol, thanks homie. I needed that.
    I could be wrong but it seemed like you were trotting out the maga vaccine mandate argument that doesn't exist. Are there employers or government units that may have required a covid vaccine? Sure. Was there a blanket mandate from the US Govt? Fuck no. 

You had said something to the effect of "they mandate a covid vaccine but not the flu".  There are employers that do mandate a flu vaccine. There are plenty of them.

• I'm the furthest you can get from a fucking MAGA. Now you can go fuck yourself simp.
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

• I'm the furthest you can get from a fucking MAGA. Now you can go fuck yourself simp.
    Ok now that does seem like a personal attack. But I could be wrong.

• Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

This discussion has been closed.