Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• PJammin said:
    I was able to score sec A row L early this morning! So excited for the upgrade!
    Great score! Single or pair?
    Pair. If I recall, these are similar to the seats to the first show my wife and I saw together in Indy in 99
  • jarfitz1jarfitz1 Posts: 58
    Congrats!!  I'm jealous.
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    PJammin said:
    Great score! Single or pair?
    Pair. If I recall, these are similar to the seats to the first show my wife and I saw together in Indy in 99
    That's awesome!!!
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    Can I squeeze into the seat with you?
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    Just saw a pair go up in section F, but realized it was in the row right in front of us and 1 seat over.  
    Just saw a pair go up in section F, but realized it was in the row right in front of us and 1 seat over.  
    You could have put your feet up.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    You could have put your feet up.
    Never thought of that.
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    edited August 2023
    Post edited by whoyouare72 on
  • jarfitz1jarfitz1 Posts: 58
    I can't believe how many good seats are available at face value for tonight in St. Paul.  They should've done one show up there and two in Indy/Noblesville.  We have a much more central location within a reasonable driving distance of so many metro areas.  What were they thinking?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    jarfitz1 said:
    I can't believe how many good seats are available at face value for tonight in St. Paul.  They should've done one show up there and two in Indy/Noblesville.  We have a much more central location within a reasonable driving distance of so many metro areas.  What were they thinking?
    agreed....I'm pretty sure they were planning on playing Sat/Sun in Noblesville and then decided on just Sunday. The initial intel I got was they booked both nights

my guess is that Ed didn't want to go back to back which I understand
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,539
    jarfitz1 said:
    agreed....I'm pretty sure they were planning on playing Sat/Sun in Noblesville and then decided on just Sunday. The initial intel I got was they booked both nights

not to mention AGAIN, but the Smashing Pumpkins who took their place are having a hell of a time selling tickets. I checked two days ago and there were at least 8 pit tickets available and ive seen pavillion as low as 50 bucks
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    edited August 2023
    Kwieneke said:
    jarfitz1 said:

not to mention AGAIN, but the Smashing Pumpkins who took their place are having a hell of a time selling tickets. I checked two days ago and there were at least 8 pit tickets available and ive seen pavillion as low as 50 bucks
    yeah it's crazy

that is the kind of show that Ruoff will sell $10 upgrades to in order to pack the pavilion. Not a bad deal if you buy a lawn ticket for $40 and then another $10 gets you lower pavilion
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    Kwieneke said:
    jarfitz1 said:

yeah it's crazy

that is the kind of show that Ruoff will sell $10 upgrades to in order to pack the pavilion. Not a bad deal if you buy a lawn ticket for $40 and then another $10 gets you lower pavilion
    Love doing this. Gotten a few steals of deals with undersold shows this way.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Kwieneke said:
    jarfitz1 said:

yeah it's crazy

Lawn seats on Stubhub already under $20. Might end up getting into this show for less than a cost of a beer by the time the show rolls around. Big fan of Rival Sons who are one of the opening acts. It might get cheap enough to justify picking up a ticket just to see them. I've seen enough SP over the years to know what that show is like. There's a reason they can't sell tickets on a Saturday night.
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,225
    edited August 2023
    At this point I pretty sure I have an extra ticket for SP in section H that I can't even give it away for for free anyone  want itfor free or maybe a half of a beer?
    Post edited by pjbugs007 on
    Is alcohol allowed in the parking lot or do I need to be somewhat discreet about it?
  • Is alcohol allowed in the parking lot or do I need to be somewhat discreet about it?
    Once you're parked in any of the lots, you're good to go. As I've walked by the lots on the way to shows over the years, I've never seen a big police/security presence. I'm sure they patrol but unless you're being belligerent, they keep walking. 

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Is alcohol allowed in the parking lot or do I need to be somewhat discreet about it?
    Once you're parked in any of the lots, you're good to go. As I've walked by the lots on the way to shows over the years, I've never seen a big police/security presence. I'm sure they patrol but unless you're being belligerent, they keep walking. 

Thanks. For tailgating is general more popular than premier are vice versa (or doesn’t matter)?

Thanks. For tailgating is general more popular than premier are vice versa (or doesn’t matter)?
    I don't think it matters

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,085
    edited September 2023
    jarfitz1 said:

One show per city and stretching it to more cities would have seen them sell out their shows.  Odd to see no shows sold out except Indy.
    We are getting old!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    Morning Fam!  I watched the set list build last night, and am really starting to get fired up for the DC show!!!

Throwing it back out into the ether here....have a GA Lawn Ticket, hoping to upgrade to anything closer in a seat or in the pit.  Im solo, so only need one.  Willing to meet at the venue and walk in, whatever it takes.  If anyone has anything, please let me know!

ONE MORE WEEK YALL!
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • jarfitz1 said:

One show per city and stretching it to more cities would have seen them sell out their shows.  Odd to see no shows sold out except Indy.
    We are getting old!!
    St Paul did seem odd for two shows but that was a pretty packed house for a Thurs night. Saturday should be great.

I really wish Noblesville would have been the saturday slot but whatever

Set list from last night for ease ;)

Indifference
    Buckle Up
    Sometimes
    Wishlist
    Black
    Given to Fly
    Mind Your Manners
    Why Go
    Seven O'Clock
    Even Flow
    Dance of the Clairvoyants
    I'm Open
    Insignificance
    (first time since 2016)
    Daughter
    Superblood Wolfmoon
    Love Boat Captain
    State of Love and Trust
    Porch
    Encore:
    Wildflowers
    (Tom Petty cover)
    Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
    Go
    (Victoria Williams cover)
    Alive
    Yellow Ledbetter

• pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,225
    edited September 2023
    Now if they can only figure out a way to mix up the end of the show songwise like they are doing with the start lol..
    Post edited by pjbugs007 on
  • Did they do the sit down start again?

Did they do the sit down start again?

Yes, saw a vid of it, was beautiful!!!
  • I have to say that I don't understand the seated opening. 

• I have to say that I don't understand the seated opening. 
    I think it's to preserve/warm up Ed's voice if I had to guess.  None of them are getting any younger.  I don't mind it myself.
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    edited September 2023
    jarfitz1 said:
    I have to say that I don't understand the seated opening. 
    I think it's to preserve/warm up Ed's voice if I had to guess.  None of them are getting any younger.  I don't mind it myself.
    I think it’s to preserve the “acoustic” set that used to start the first encore now that there’s only one encore. A lot of songs would never get played again if they had to transition out of Mind Your Manners or something 

• strangespotintheskystrangespotinthesky Pittsburgh Posts: 35
    First time to this venue - I assume 11PM curfew is in effect?  I see 7:30 start and the Minnesota shows had opener 7:30-8:15 and PJ coming on around 8:50/8:55 to 11:10/11:20. So possible we get a little shorter show?  Or maybe they hustle out earlier.... Have they gone past curfew the last times there?  Thanks!
    Pitt '98 - Pitt '00 - Pitt '03 - State College '03 - Hershey '03 - Toledo '04 - Pitt '05 - Philly '05 - Cleveland '06 - Pitt '06 - Cinci '06 - Bonnaroo '08 - MSG I '08 - MSG II '08