Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited August 2023
    SHZA said:
    Confirmed for reserved (hopefully keep my current seats). I'll be at the Embassy Suites off Tegler Dr (walking distance). I live in the city proper but always get a hotel close for shows at Deer Creek (yeah...it's Ruoff now but it'll always be Deer Creek to me). There are three hotels within walking distance (ES, Holiday Inn Express, and Wyndham). Safe walk to and from the venue.
    Walking towards DC from those hotels puts you at the back entrance of the venue...so if you have reserved or lawn, you can get in line there. But if you have PIT, you'll have to walk around to the front to "get in line".
    I'm a DC veteran so if anyone has any questions about the venue, the area around the venue, etc., just let me know :)
    @flanosmasseur great info. Any insight on where one could park in order to line up early-ish for PIT? Was thinking about grabbing premiere parking but I understand the lots don't open until 5:30. I'm probably not going to get a hotel in the area. Will hit the road back to STL after the show 
    There's a Perkins restaurant that you could park at (also a McD's) that is maybe a 20 minute walk from the venue

Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:
    Confirmed for reserved (hopefully keep my current seats). I'll be at the Embassy Suites off Tegler Dr (walking distance). I live in the city proper but always get a hotel close for shows at Deer Creek (yeah...it's Ruoff now but it'll always be Deer Creek to me). There are three hotels within walking distance (ES, Holiday Inn Express, and Wyndham). Safe walk to and from the venue.
    Walking towards DC from those hotels puts you at the back entrance of the venue...so if you have reserved or lawn, you can get in line there. But if you have PIT, you'll have to walk around to the front to "get in line".
    I'm a DC veteran so if anyone has any questions about the venue, the area around the venue, etc., just let me know :)
    @flanosmasseur great info. Any insight on where one could park in order to line up early-ish for PIT? Was thinking about grabbing premiere parking but I understand the lots don't open until 5:30. I'm probably not going to get a hotel in the area. Will hit the road back to STL after the show 
    lots open that late? i was there a few weeks ago and cars were in as early as 4:30 for a 7:30 show 
    According to their website, yes. Even 4:30 or something like that would be later than I'd want to arrive for the GA line. But maybe it will be earlier so people can line up for merch. If so, I'd probably go with the venue premiere parking  

Parking at McDs or Perkins for 12 hours I'd think could risk getting towed, although probably unlikely. Would rather find an authorized option 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,539
    edited August 2023
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    There's a Perkins restaurant that you could park at (also a McD's) that is maybe a 20 minute walk from the venue

Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:
    lots open that late? i was there a few weeks ago and cars were in as early as 4:30 for a 7:30 show 
    According to their website, yes. Even 4:30 or something like that would be later than I'd want to arrive for the GA line. But maybe it will be earlier so people can line up for merch. If so, I'd probably go with the venue premiere parking  

Parking at McDs or Perkins for 12 hours I'd think could risk getting towed, although probably unlikely. Would rather find an authorized option 
    there is a place people camp across the street from the venue. maybe you reach out and just ask about parking there. Sleepy bear campground. I swear i have seen signs just for parking before 
    Post edited by Kwieneke on
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    edited August 2023
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:

Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:

In the past I’ve shown up to the numbered lots as designated on the parking confirmation long before staff were on site and simply left the printout of the pass displayed. Never had an issue.

Edit: with GA doors opening an hour before the rest of the venue I imagine the lots will open earlier as well.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 251
    edited August 2023
    SHZA said:
    BEFORE the show, I don't think it really matters where you park. I've never parked at DC but I hear that Premiere does, in fact, get you out a lot faster afterward, which would help in your journey back to STL. If you park in the lot with red arrow (can't confirm if that's really Premier), you'll be right next to the entrance to the lawn (maroon circle) and can walk down to lawn/reserved seating.
    However, since you have PIT, your only entrance will be the front one (white circle), where PIT lines up. So, the lot with the blue arrow (not sure what it's called) might be your best bet since you won't have to walk around the entire venue to get to the front entrance.
    Hope this helped and didn't cause more confusion lol

Post edited by flanosmasseur on
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    The late, great, John Madden would be proud of the diagram above.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • The late, great, John Madden would be proud of the diagram above.  
    Was gonna add a "boom" and a "wap" in my breakdown but figured the picture tells the story. Think I deserve a turkey leg.

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Getting closer!

Where's a good place to eat prior near by? I'm at the Wyndham Hotel on Tegler Dr.
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    Anyone have a spare lawn ticket?
  • Getting closer!

Where's a good place to eat prior near by? I'm at the Wyndham Hotel on Tegler Dr.
    Aspen Creek Grill is right there on Tegler across the street from where you're at. I stay at the ES on Tegler and have eaten there the last two years for Deer Creek shows. Awesome menu and great cocktails. Never been disappointed. You should try their Monte Cristo...out of this world.

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
    Getting closer!

Fords Garage has awesome food in my experience and a great atmosphere. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
  • Kwieneke said:
    Getting closer!

I've eaten there as well and concur...I just threw out Aspen since it's literally a 30-second walk from the Wyndham.

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • A single section E row T is up
  • A single section E row T is up
    And gone
  • A single section D row T
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    Kwieneke said:
    Getting closer!

I've eaten there as well and concur...I just threw out Aspen since it's literally a 30-second walk from the Wyndham.

yeah definitely nice and close...Ford's is a good wing/burger/beer joint. Aspen has more dinner options...better steak menu, etc.

Love the ice bar at Ford's....your beer is always freezing. We try to sit at the bar whenever possible because of that.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Lawn pair up
  • Kwieneke said:
    Getting closer!

yeah definitely nice and close...Ford's is a good wing/burger/beer joint. Aspen has more dinner options...better steak menu, etc.

Love the ice bar at Ford's....your beer is always freezing. We try to sit at the bar whenever possible because of that.
    Fords Garage sounds good.. love some good wings! I'll check the menus out for both.
    Constant recoil
    Flying to Nashville to pick up my daughters,then driving to the show. It'll be a first for the both of them.
  • joseph33 said:
    Flying to Nashville to pick up my daughters,then driving to the show. It'll be a first for the both of them.
    Awesome! I'm sure they will enjoy it...
    Constant recoil
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    Anyone staying at the Holiday Inn planning on walking to the venue? If so, I wouldn't mind walking with a group that's heading there.
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    Anyone staying at the Holiday Inn planning on walking to the venue? If so, I wouldn't mind walking with a group that's heading there.
    I may be at the Holiday Inn solo as well, I might be down to walk over with a group.  Whats your general plan?
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
    Kwieneke said:
    Getting closer!

Fords Garage sounds good.. love some good wings! I'll check the menus out for both.
    If you want really good wings hit up Ale Emporium...just a few miles south of the venue off Olio Road

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Kwieneke said:
    Getting closer!

If you want really good wings hit up Ale Emporium...just a few miles south of the venue off Olio Road
    Yes. I concur. Ale Emporium has great wings!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
    BSully said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Getting closer!

Yes. I concur. Ale Emporium has great wings!
    I always get the hermanaki wings....every time I say I'm going to try something else I just can't. Too damn good.

• BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Has anyone thought about where they are going to set up for merch?

The merch areas inside the venue will be a madhouse since they are right next to the entrance to the pavilion and the main gate, plus there isn't really a good place for a merch tent right outside the venue like they've done in recent years when they are playing an arena show.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    BSully said:
    Has anyone thought about where they are going to set up for merch?

The merch areas inside the venue will be a madhouse since they are right next to the entrance to the pavilion and the main gate, plus there isn't really a good place for a merch tent right outside the venue like they've done in recent years when they are playing an arena show.
    If I’m not mistaken in 2010 we lined up outside the main gate for early merch and there was a stand set up a few steps away. The main gate was opened and security controlled the perimeter thus allowing people to enter, purchase, and exit.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    Around what time does anyone think the merch tent will be set up by?
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,364
    Fellow Hoosiers!  Driving down solo from Hobart. Looking for a single lower pavilion or GA of course!  Thanks all and look forward to seeing everyone out at the show!!
    joseph33 said:
    No idea but hopefully we get some clues on the 31st

joseph33 said:
    1p local time last year. hard to say yet for this year