Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    I've walked from that Embassy Suites to shows at Ruoff a few times. It's not that bad of a walk at all. Usually lots of foot traffic heading that way after the shows. 
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    I do have worries about 3rd party booking sites. Especially considering that the hotel itself is showing as sold out....
    This is why I would never use a 3rd party site :)  I only book on the actual owner site. :) 
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 316
    PhartN said:
    I do have worries about 3rd party booking sites. Especially considering that the hotel itself is showing as sold out....
    This is why I would never use a 3rd party site :)  I only book on the actual owner site. :) 
    I booked directly with hotel 
    PhartN said:
    Looks really close and easily walkable....im stoked!
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    edited August 2023
    Sorted.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 611
    edited August 2023
    PhartN said:

I thought I WAS booking direct. Thankfully I got lucky this time and it was legit (the hotel actually sees the reservation). When I called the hotel it said the reservation was through expedia. I am guessing someone canceled their reservation and it stayed in the "Expedia Family of companies".
    Post edited by lowbudgetlush on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    PhartN said:
    3rd party sites have rooms that they reserve from the hotel. I use Expedia exclusively. 

Their system is very straightforward about cancellation dates, etc. I like having everything in one place so that I don't have to remember what hotel app I used to book a room.

Plus you get points through them. I checked the discounts the last time we went to Vegas and it did save us to book flight/resort through Expedia rather than going to the airline/hotel directly. Not a huge savings but $200-$300 or something.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PhartN said:
    3rd party sites have rooms that they reserve from the hotel. I use Expedia exclusively. 

Their system is very straightforward about cancellation dates, etc. I like having everything in one place so that I don't have to remember what hotel app I used to book a room.

Plus you get points through them. I checked the discounts the last time we went to Vegas and it did save us to book flight/resort through Expedia rather than going to the airline/hotel directly. Not a huge savings but $200-$300 or something.
    I book for many scenarios and then cancel once I know the actual plans.  Couldn't be much easier and all done through the app.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    PhartN said:

I am always fascinated by everyone's individual experiences.  I have been burned so many times by Expedia and have sworn off booking through any third part sites.  Ill do research on those sites, but never book.  I always go direct to the source for final booking etc...

Good luck to all!  Hope to see you guys there!
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    edited August 2023
    Looking for some advice. I have a rental car and am staying at the Hyatt in Fishers about 7 miles away.

1) Use the included free parking
    2) Buy Premier parking for $70
    3) Uber to and from the venue
    4) Drive or Uber to some location NEAR the venue and walk

Also, what about arrival? Does it take a long time to get IN to the venue? I have pavilion seats, but any recommendations on time to get there? I'm not familiar with the venue. Will I want to spend an hour or two walking around getting food and drink?

Thanks in advance!
    Post edited by chukdotcom on
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Looking for some advice. I have a rental car and am staying at the Hyatt in Fishers about 7 miles away.

Also, what about arrival? Does it take a long time to get IN to the venue? I have pavilion seats, but any recommendations on time to get there? I'm not familiar with the venue. Will I want to spend an hour or two walking around getting food and drink?

Thanks in advance!
    Similar situation here. We went ahead and got the premier parking. This way we can tailgate for a bit, and not have to worry about waiting forever to get out. Experiencing Great Woods in Mansfield year after year has made the premier parking worth its weight in gold I’ve found haha 
    Jadler said:

Thanks in advance!
    Similar situation here. We went ahead and got the premier parking. This way we can tailgate for a bit, and not have to worry about waiting forever to get out. Experiencing Great Woods in Mansfield year after year has made the premier parking worth its weight in gold I’ve found haha 
    Is tailgating a thing there?  Can I freely crack out some food and beer and hang out near my car before going in?
    Jadler said:

Thanks in advance!
    Is tailgating a thing there?  Can I freely crack out some food and beer and hang out near my car before going in?
    yes you can...that's what we usually do. Grab some beers and a subway sandwich and chill out a bit

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    PhartN said:
    PhartN said:

I am always fascinated by everyone's individual experiences.  I have been burned so many times by Expedia and have sworn off booking through any third part sites.  Ill do research on those sites, but never book.  I always go direct to the source for final booking etc...

Good luck to all!  Hope to see you guys there!
    By "burned" do you mean being unable to cancel, etc? That did happen to me before but then I made sure to carefully review the invoice prior to hitting "pay". They do address cancellation policy on there...I just never paid much attention before I got burned once or twice.

• JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Jadler said:

Thanks in advance!
    Have not been to this venue, but assuming so!!
  • Jadler said:

Thanks in advance!
    yes you can...that's what we usually do. Grab some beers and a subway sandwich and chill out a bit
    Subway?  I'm sure we want better than that!  Lol.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    By "burned" do you mean being unable to cancel, etc? That did happen to me before but then I made sure to carefully review the invoice prior to hitting "pay". They do address cancellation policy on there...I just never paid much attention before I got burned once or twice.

Nope, I mean not getting the room type we reserved or flat out not having the res at all because the hotels dont guarantee rooms from third parties..its happened to me three times....

• Is tailgating a thing there?  Can I freely crack out some food and beer and hang out near my car before going in?
    I sure hope so.  I'm having trouble finding a ride down from Chicago at the moment, but did find an early morning cheap flight out of Ohare (crazy I know) that gets in at like 1030a so might just do that and get myself to venue and wander the lots looking for a tailgate to join.  If it's allowed i'll definitely pick up a case of beer and some subs on my way in.  
    * Grant Park, Chicago - Aug 05, 2006
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 23, 2009
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 24, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 27, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 28, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 30, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 31, 2009
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Indianapolis - May 07, 2010
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 3, 2011 (PJ20)
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 4, 2011 (PJ20)
    *Wrigley Field, Chicago - July 19, 2013
    *Italia Stadio Olympico, Rome Italy - June 26, 2018. (no I did not get a poster!)
    *Golden 1 Center, Sacramento - May 18, 2022 -- CANCELLED
    *MGM Grand Arena - May 20, 2022 --CANCELLED 
    *Ball Arena, Denver - Sept 22, 2022
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville- Sept 10, 2023 -- POSTPONED FML
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville - Aug 26, 2024
    PhartN said:

Nope, I mean not getting the room type we reserved or flat out not having the res at all because the hotels dont guarantee rooms from third parties..its happened to me three times....
    Weird....I've never had that happen.

Jadler said:

Thanks in advance!
    Subway?  I'm sure we want better than that!  Lol.
    I'm easy to please. Our Jersey Mike's shut down

TRoshford said:

I sure hope so.  I'm having trouble finding a ride down from Chicago at the moment, but did find an early morning cheap flight out of Ohare (crazy I know) that gets in at like 1030a so might just do that and get myself to venue and wander the lots looking for a tailgate to join.  If it's allowed i'll definitely pick up a case of beer and some subs on my way in.  
    Can rent a car from Hertz for about $60 a day total.
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Jadler said:

Thanks in advance!
    tailgating is big at Deer Creek!
  • Can rent a car from Hertz for about $60 a day total.
    A little help would be great please.   I'm searching Hertz now and I keep getting no vehicles available messages.  I'm flying out of Indy on Monday morning (9/11) so it would be a one way rental.  I'm flying into ORD Sat morning from Bogota, Colombia and staying the night at the in-laws place nearby so can pick up at O'Hare or Midway on Sun morning but keep getting the no vehicles available message.  
    *Italia Stadio Olympico, Rome Italy - June 26, 2018. (no I did not get a poster!)
    TRoshford said:
    Can rent a car from Hertz for about $60 a day total.
    A little help would be great please.   I'm searching Hertz now and I keep getting no vehicles available messages.  I'm flying out of Indy on Monday morning (9/11) so it would be a one way rental.  I'm flying into ORD Sat morning from Bogota, Colombia and staying the night at the in-laws place nearby so can pick up at O'Hare or Midway on Sun morning but keep getting the no vehicles available message.  
    OK, the one way rental part might be an issue. I am doing mine round trip from MDW. I already have a full car, or I would offer you a ride.
  • OK, the one way rental part might be an issue. I am doing mine round trip from MDW. I already have a full car, or I would offer you a ride.
    I figured that would be the issue.  No worries, thanks anyway!  I found flight on AA for $80 one way which isn't bad at all for me plus the Uber to the airport.  Once i'm in Indy my brother is meeting me there from Cincy, so once i'm in Indianapolis i'm good to go.   I'm putting a lot of faith on the airlines for this trip, not always a safe bet.
    Does anyone have a spare premiere parking (can you even sell them?) or know if they come back in and out of stock?
  • leep75leep75 Posts: 272
    Does anyone have a spare premiere parking (can you even sell them?) or know if they come back in and out of stock?I

I just bought one maybe two hours ago.  Are they no longer available?

leep
    leep75 said:
    Does anyone have a spare premiere parking (can you even sell them?) or know if they come back in and out of stock?I

I just bought one maybe two hours ago.  Are they no longer available?
    Shows sold out for me.
  • I was able to score sec A row L early this morning! So excited for the upgrade!
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    I was able to score sec A row L early this morning! So excited for the upgrade!
    Great score! Single or pair?