Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• Checking in - Flying into Chicago Sat 9/9 morning from BOGOTA and still figuring out how i'm gonna get down to Indy 9/10 Sunday morning. 

Meeting my brother who's driving in from Cincy.  We went to the 2010 show together and figured this would be a good place to go again.  We had tickets to Sacramento and Vegas early last year (we all know how that went) and I managed to get to Denver in the fall '22.  
    Got a room at Embassy near Deer Creek and a pair of lawns.  We're ready, hoping for a poster (2010 was dreadful in my eyes) but mainly going to be looking for a tailgate to join up with and share a few good PJ stories and some hopefully catch some NFL action while warming up for the show. 
    Only managed my lawns after calling some friends who have seasons at the venue, totally missed out on the 10C on sale since I just decided to fly in just 2 weeks ago and missed the onsales.
    * Grant Park, Chicago - Aug 05, 2006
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 23, 2009
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 24, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 27, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 28, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 30, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 31, 2009
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Indianapolis - May 07, 2010
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 3, 2011 (PJ20)
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 4, 2011 (PJ20)
    *Wrigley Field, Chicago - July 19, 2013
    *Italia Stadio Olympico, Rome Italy - June 26, 2018. (no I did not get a poster!)
    *Golden 1 Center, Sacramento - May 18, 2022 -- CANCELLED
    *MGM Grand Arena - May 20, 2022 --CANCELLED 
    *Ball Arena, Denver - Sept 22, 2022
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville- Sept 10, 2023 -- POSTPONED FML
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville - Aug 26, 2024
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Also curious to hear more about how GA will work at Deer Creek, hope we get more info as it gets closer.  Like how early we can park for GA, when they'll let people start lining up, if the merch tent will be outside, etc.  The GA pit doesn't seem that big so not sure how many people will be lined up.  I live close by and trying to decide what time to head over.  There's usually nobody over there during the day stopping you from entering the parking lot early but would be nice to know where they want you to park for GA.  Someone said the gates for GA will open an hour before the regular show start time?

For food recommendations, my favorite over there is Samano's right behind the Chick-fil-a.  It's a small place, their chorizo tacos are so good! 

Some of the nearby businesses have signs about no concert parking so probably wouldn't risk that at Perkins but you might be able to park at the mall across the street.  Yes that Sleepy bear campground will let you just park there too if you want, not sure how much they charge.

1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Here's the info on the campground: https://sleepybearcampground.com/event/pearl-jam-camping-or-tailgating/

I thought there used to be a shuttle bus that ran from the mall parking lot for concerts but I can't find any information about it so maybe that's not a thing anymore.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    PhartN said:
    Anyone staying at the Holiday Inn planning on walking to the venue? If so, I wouldn't mind walking with a group that's heading there.
    I may be at the Holiday Inn solo as well, I might be down to walk over with a group.  Whats your general plan?
    I have pit but not going super early to line up or anything in that nature. Wouldn’t mind arriving when gates open.
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    dougfloyd said:
    Also curious to hear more about how GA will work at Deer Creek, hope we get more info as it gets closer.  Like how early we can park for GA, when they'll let people start lining up, if the merch tent will be outside, etc.  The GA pit doesn't seem that big so not sure how many people will be lined up.  I live close by and trying to decide what time to head over.  There's usually nobody over there during the day stopping you from entering the parking lot early but would be nice to know where they want you to park for GA.  Someone said the gates for GA will open an hour before the regular show start time?

For food recommendations, my favorite over there is Samano's right behind the Chick-fil-a.  It's a small place, their chorizo tacos are so good! 

Some of the nearby businesses have signs about no concert parking so probably wouldn't risk that at Perkins but you might be able to park at the mall across the street.  Yes that Sleepy bear campground will let you just park there too if you want, not sure how much they charge.

Was curious on this info as well! 
  • Will be a first timer at  both DC and sleepy bear, arriving from out of town day of, car and tent, any advice/recommendations?? Super stoked to be in the “building” 
  • joe159 said:
    Booked a room in Westfield. For those from the area is that a decent area and convenient?
    It’s about 20ish minutes away but it’s a good area!
  • I recently checked Stub Hub and was surprised to see quite a few tickets for sale for the Noblesville show. I thought that tickets to this show could not be transferred to a third party (i.e. sold by scalpers)? The band stated this themselves prior to the ticket on sale. They also stated that some states, like Illinois, have laws that allow ticket scalping; and that the band could not stop scalpers from selling tickets to the Chicago shows.

I'm got my tickets to the Noblesville show via the Ten Club so I am not looking to buy or sell tickets. I was just wondering if anyone knows what changed that now allow scalping tickets for the Noblesville show?

• PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    I recently checked Stub Hub and was surprised to see quite a few tickets for sale for the Noblesville show. I thought that tickets to this show could not be transferred to a third party (i.e. sold by scalpers)? The band stated this themselves prior to the ticket on sale. They also stated that some states, like Illinois, have laws that allow ticket scalping; and that the band could not stop scalpers from selling tickets to the Chicago shows.

I'm got my tickets to the Noblesville show via the Ten Club so I am not looking to buy or sell tickets. I was just wondering if anyone knows what changed that now allow scalping tickets for the Noblesville show?

Seller wont be able to transfer the tickets to you. You'll get a login to the seller/scalper TM account to use the tickets. Only possible scenario I can think of.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428

Yeah it says you have to be with the original buyer....kind of surprised that stubhub is doing this, seems too ripe for error
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

• Yeah it says you have to be with the original buyer....kind of surprised that stubhub is doing this, seems too ripe for error

Exactly what I thought. Sure hate for sellers / buyers if when the time comes the tickets cannot be transferred.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Any tailgate lots that let you leave your car there overnight?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,539
    Venue lets you leave it till 10am next day
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    edited August 2023

Yeah it says you have to be with the original buyer....kind of surprised that stubhub is doing this, seems too ripe for error
    Wow - never noticed that before. So you have to coordinate with a complete stranger to meet at the gate, have them scan you through and then go your separate ways?!?! That's so strange. At some point you'll have to get a screenshot of seat location for the usher. I certainly wouldn't travel a great distance with this as my plan for the show. 
  • danofundanofun Posts: 985

That's simply a "warning." The tickets will be transferred either by URL which will add them to the purchasers iOS/Android wallet or TM account login details will be provided. The cat and mouse game between scalpers and TM/bands is never ending..
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    100 Pacer said:
    BSully said:
    Has anyone thought about where they are going to set up for merch?

The merch areas inside the venue will be a madhouse since they are right next to the entrance to the pavilion and the main gate, plus there isn't really a good place for a merch tent right outside the venue like they've done in recent years when they are playing an arena show.
    If I’m not mistaken in 2010 we lined up outside the main gate for early merch and there was a stand set up a few steps away. The main gate was opened and security controlled the perimeter thus allowing people to enter, purchase, and exit.
    2010 was a long time ago... I was there but don't remember that. I do remember getting a shirt and poster though!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Kwieneke said:
    Venue lets you leave it till 10am next day
    Great, thanks!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Where is the Pre Party This year? I went in 2010 to Noblesville, but don’t remember the area much. 
  • JE224127JE224127 Posts: 443
    Two weeks!
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited August 2023

It is surprising. Last tour stubhub had no PJ listings other than MSG and Denver where tickets are transferable by law. Same for the Cure this spring which had the same resale / transfer restrictions. I think what changed is that Vivid Seats sold a lot of Cure tickets. So stubhub figured if competitors are going to disregard the transfer policy stubhub wants to get in on those sales too 
  • Kiwi In OzKiwi In Oz Posts: 266
    Lawn pair up now
    1995 - Auckland, New Zealand
    1998 - Wellington + Auckland, New Zealand
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2006 - Melbourne, Australia x 3
    2009 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2011 - PJ20 & EV Brisbane 2, Canberra, Melbourne x 2, Adelaide 1, Perth 2
    2013 - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    2014 - Auckland, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & EV - Sydney x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2016 - Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Hampton, Fenway x 2
    2023 - Fort Worth x 2, Austin x 2
    2024 - Indy, Wrigley Field x 2, Auckland x 2, Gold Coast, Melbourne x 2 & Sydney x 2
    Now lawn single
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2024 - Indy, Wrigley Field x 2, Auckland x 2, Gold Coast, Melbourne x 2 & Sydney x 2
    Pair gone, single still up.
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    Gone
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
  • Kwieneke said:
    Getting closer!

Where's a good place to eat prior near by? I'm at the Wyndham Hotel on Tegler Dr.
    Fords Garage has awesome food in my experience and a great atmosphere. 
    I've eaten there as well and concur...I just threw out Aspen since it's literally a 30-second walk from the Wyndham.

yeah definitely nice and close...Ford's is a good wing/burger/beer joint. Aspen has more dinner options...better steak menu, etc.

Love the ice bar at Ford's....your beer is always freezing. We try to sit at the bar whenever possible because of that.
    Fords Garage sounds good.. love some good wings! I'll check the menus out for both.
    If you want really good wings hit up Ale Emporium...just a few miles south of the venue off Olio Road
    I was set on Aspen Grill but now I may have to check this Ale Emporium out  B)
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    Kwieneke said:
    Getting closer!

Where's a good place to eat prior near by? I'm at the Wyndham Hotel on Tegler Dr.
    Fords Garage has awesome food in my experience and a great atmosphere. 
    I've eaten there as well and concur...I just threw out Aspen since it's literally a 30-second walk from the Wyndham.

yeah definitely nice and close...Ford's is a good wing/burger/beer joint. Aspen has more dinner options...better steak menu, etc.

Love the ice bar at Ford's....your beer is always freezing. We try to sit at the bar whenever possible because of that.
    Fords Garage sounds good.. love some good wings! I'll check the menus out for both.
    If you want really good wings hit up Ale Emporium...just a few miles south of the venue off Olio Road
    I was set on Aspen Grill but now I may have to check this Ale Emporium out  B)
    Hermanaki wings with bleu cheese and ranch (both homemade)....the best
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    I may have an extra hotel room right near the venue.  Long story, but randomly checked the HI and got a room there for half the price of one I reserved right when I got my ticket.  If I can confirm that this week, I will have to cancel my ES room.  Wouldn't mind trying to transfer or coordinate the renewing reservation.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

Also, FWIW, there is a room currently available at the Embassy Suites, i just checked for fun.
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 611
    edited August 2023
    PhartN said:
    I may have an extra hotel room right near the venue.  Long story, but randomly checked the HI and got a room there for half the price of one I reserved right when I got my ticket.  If I can confirm that this week, I will have to cancel my ES room.  Wouldn't mind trying to transfer or coordinate the renewing reservation.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

Also, FWIW, there is a room currently available at the Embassy Suites, i just checked for fun.

How much is the room? I am definitely interested. Currently staying at the Ironworks but would love to be within walking distance.

Edit: I just booked a room at the wyndham noblesville 13500 tegler dr. 1 mile from the venue. I thought I was booking direct but it turned out to be from something called reservationcounter.com. I thought I was scammed so I called the hotel direct and my reservation was there! $200. Woo Hoo! Happy to not have to drive as that parking lot is the worst.
    Post edited by lowbudgetlush on
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 316
    Just booked at the Wyndham Noblesville as well, was in Westfield. 
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    I do have worries about 3rd party booking sites. Especially considering that the hotel itself is showing as sold out....