Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• This will be THE show of this tour. I can feel it. You all are in for something special! 
    There are so many great songs they haven't played yet on this tour.  I Got ID, MFC, Long Road, Wash, Footsteps just to name a few.  I'm feeling it too!
  •  have a 6 hour drive ahead of me. Leaving early Sunday morning.
  • jarfitz1 said:
    This will be THE show of this tour. I can feel it. You all are in for something special! 
    There are so many great songs they haven't played yet on this tour.  I Got ID, MFC, Long Road, Wash, Footsteps just to name a few.  I'm feeling it too!
    Wash or Long Road for the opener!

I'm hoping for all of those you listed.. especially Footsteps. Takes me way back to driving around in my Camaro in the 90s jammin out on my kenwood 10 disc cd changer loaded with all PJ!
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • jarfitz1 said:
    This will be THE show of this tour. I can feel it. You all are in for something special! 

I'm hoping for all of those you listed.. especially Footsteps. Takes me way back to driving around in my Camaro in the 90s jammin out on my kenwood 10 disc cd changer loaded with all PJ!
    Of the Girl as the opener
  • jarfitz1 said:

Of the Girl as the opener
    This is the move!!
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,225
    Give me Long Road, Wash, Oceans to start the Footsteps and HTI!!
  • pjbugs007 said:

They opened with Long Road during the 2000 show if I remember correctly. I still haven't heard Oceans live yet, but the only shows I've been to was the previous 4 shows here at Deer Creek (except for Lexington 2016).

I remember Ed saying that they wouldn't take 10 years to come back to Deer Creek at the 2010 show. Ed, I love ya, brother, but your math is way off here. Lol
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/17/1998
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/18/2000
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 06/22/2003
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 05/07/2010
  • zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    edited September 2023
    I have a reservation at the embassy suites  for sunday night I am not using.  I can add one persons name and at check in you have to put down your own CC to pay for it.     i booked it early so its cheap -- $249.08. Total.   if not im going to cancel it       Great Location, have stayed there for Phish a few times.

1 King 2 Room Suite
    2 adults
    Room details
    $222.39
    Honors Discount
    Total room charge$222.39
    Total taxes$26.69

Total for stay: $249.08
  • DC29940DC29940 Posts: 661
    Mathius said:
    pjbugs007 said:

They opened with Long Road during the 2000 show if I remember correctly. I still haven't heard Oceans live yet, but the only shows I've been to was the previous 4 shows here at Deer Creek (except for Lexington 2016).

I remember Ed saying that they wouldn't take 10 years to come back to Deer Creek at the 2010 show. Ed, I love ya, brother, but your math is way off here. Lol
    I'm hoping for Oceans as well! The only of their typical openers I haven't seen live yet.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Don’t want to jinx it but weather’s looking perfect!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Ended up booking the flight to Indy from Chicago since it was 1/5 the price of renting a car.  Will be at the Embassy tailgating by 1p Sunday, looking to upgrade my lawns but not gonna put in a lot of effort, just happy to be there at this point.  Prob going to want to pick up food on the way from Airport to hotel, any recommendations on awesome takeaway?  I was planning on Jersey Mikes or something like that but open to ideas.  What's better than tailgating for a few hours with NFL football, good beer, surrounded by good...no GREAT people and then a PJ concert to finish the day off?
    * Grant Park, Chicago - Aug 05, 2006
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 23, 2009
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 24, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 27, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 28, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 30, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 31, 2009
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Indianapolis - May 07, 2010
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 3, 2011 (PJ20)
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 4, 2011 (PJ20)
    *Wrigley Field, Chicago - July 19, 2013
    *Italia Stadio Olympico, Rome Italy - June 26, 2018. (no I did not get a poster!)
    *Golden 1 Center, Sacramento - May 18, 2022 -- CANCELLED
    *MGM Grand Arena - May 20, 2022 --CANCELLED 
    *Ball Arena, Denver - Sept 22, 2022
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville- Sept 10, 2023 -- POSTPONED FML
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville - Aug 26, 2024
  • TRoshford said:
    Ended up booking the flight to Indy from Chicago since it was 1/5 the price of renting a car.  Will be at the Embassy tailgating by 1p Sunday, looking to upgrade my lawns but not gonna put in a lot of effort, just happy to be there at this point.  Prob going to want to pick up food on the way from Airport to hotel, any recommendations on awesome takeaway?  I was planning on Jersey Mikes or something like that but open to ideas.  What's better than tailgating for a few hours with NFL football, good beer, surrounded by good...no GREAT people and then a PJ concert to finish the day off?

Jersey Mike's is excellent. Get the Original Italian and build it Mike's Way. Their regular sized sandwiches are so big that I usually have to get two bags of chips. I usually go to the location on Indy's North side on SR 421/Michigan Road.
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/17/1998
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/18/2000
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 06/22/2003
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 05/07/2010
  • pjbugs007 said:
    That would be epic!
    Constant recoil
  • Everyone travel safe. Excited for my personal 4 min drive to the venue. Chicago was great.
  • Anyone here in the pit? If so, would be cool to say hello in person at the show.
    Constant recoil

• Jersey Mike's is excellent. Get the Original Italian and build it Mike's Way. Their regular sized sandwiches are so big that I usually have to get two bags of chips. I usually go to the location on Indy's North side on SR 421/Michigan Road.
    Get out of my head!  that's literally my go to order.  I'm originally from NJ and even though it's "fast food" hoagies it's the closest representation I can find outside of the tristate area to an authentic.  Now, if there was a Wawa nearby we would be having a different discussion.
    * Grant Park, Chicago - Aug 05, 2006
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 23, 2009
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 24, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 27, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 28, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 30, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 31, 2009
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Indianapolis - May 07, 2010
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 3, 2011 (PJ20)
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 4, 2011 (PJ20)
    *Wrigley Field, Chicago - July 19, 2013
    *Italia Stadio Olympico, Rome Italy - June 26, 2018. (no I did not get a poster!)
    *Golden 1 Center, Sacramento - May 18, 2022 -- CANCELLED
    *MGM Grand Arena - May 20, 2022 --CANCELLED 
    *Ball Arena, Denver - Sept 22, 2022
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville- Sept 10, 2023 -- POSTPONED FML
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville - Aug 26, 2024
  • Anyone here in the pit? If so, would be cool to say hello in person at the show.
    I’ll be there, name is Jonathan. Haven’t decided my wardrobe yet as to say what to look for.
  • JE224127 said:
    Anyone here in the pit? If so, would be cool to say hello in person at the show.
    I’ll be there, name is Jonathan. Haven’t decided my wardrobe yet as to say what to look for.
    Let me guess. Jeans. Concert shirt.
  • I’m from Alabama and it’s still hot AF. Haven’t unpacked my jeans yet….so probably shorts and concert shirt. Anything in the 50’s and 60’s is a welcome change.
  • So they played Purple Rain (Prince) in St Paul and Surrender (Cheap Trick) in Chicago. Aside from John Mellencamp and Jackson 5, are there any other artists from Indiana they might cover?  I'm thinking Rats may get played ("Ben, the two of us need look no more") just to make some connection.

Otherwise I'm really hoping for Footsteps. It might be my favorite song.

While you all are hanging out in Saturday night, I'll be at the Smashing Pumpkins show at Ruoff. Anyone else?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    -John Lennon
    pjbugs007 said:
    That would be epic!
    Heck yeah, I'll take 3 of them on the stools!
  • gtbrown77 said:
    So they played Purple Rain (Prince) in St Paul and Surrender (Cheap Trick) in Chicago. Aside from John Mellencamp and Jackson 5, are there any other artists from Indiana they might cover?  I'm thinking Rats may get played ("Ben, the two of us need look no more") just to make some connection.

While you all are hanging out in Saturday night, I'll be at the Smashing Pumpkins show at Ruoff. Anyone else?
    Mellencamp, Jackson 5, Blind Melon, G'nR, Babyface, John Hiatt, Cole Porter are your Indiana Top 7

I'll be at Pumpkins.
    Anyone here in the pit? If so, would be cool to say hello in person at the show.
    I'll be in the pit as well!
    I won't be in the pit, but thanks to some great folks on the board, I got a great seat in Section A.

I will be the literal giant, bald and bearded, in the back of Section A with a Who bullseye t-shirt. I don't really interact w/that many people on the board, but I'm looking to change that, because the past couple of years, and tours, have reminded me how great this community is. It'd be great to say hi to folks.

I can't fucking wait for this show.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Pottsy199 said:
    Everyone travel safe. Excited for my personal 4 min drive to the venue. Chicago was great.
    You have me beat lol. Staying with a college friend who says she can hear the shows from her backyard on the right night, 10 min away or so.

• gtbrown77 said:
    So they played Purple Rain (Prince) in St Paul and Surrender (Cheap Trick) in Chicago. Aside from John Mellencamp and Jackson 5, are there any other artists from Indiana they might cover?  I'm thinking Rats may get played ("Ben, the two of us need look no more") just to make some connection.

The Pumpkins are my 2nd fav band after PJ. Saw that show on Sat, not gonna go.

Saw them at Jones Beach in NY a couple of weeks ago. The tide rose so high that there was water in the pit, ankle-deep, and some fish swimming in front of the stage lol. True story.

The show was meh. They've played virtually the same setlist every night, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

And the sound was also meh. They have this muffled wall-of-sound that doesn't translate well live. And I know it was them, because Rival Sons and Interpol sounded great, and a buddy who saw them in Tampa said the same thing.

Sorry to be a buzzkill lol. I do love them. But the show was meh. And don't even get me started on "Atum"...

• gtbrown77 said:

I was thinking about Indiana connections too.  Seems like Mary Jane's Last Dance would be something they would cover, but never have, so I doubt that will happen.  How about a David Letterman reference/story?  That's about all I got.
  • You can write Breath on the setlist, my wife and I get it at every show we go to
  • JE224127 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    I'll be in the pit as well!
    Nice! I am pumped for this show.. there's a high probability I will be in jeans, t shirt, a hat.. maybe my Air J's.. with a drink in my hand. I'll buy first rd ..  =) .... 
    Constant recoil
    I won't be in the pit, but thanks to some great folks on the board, I got a great seat in Section A.

I will be the literal giant, bald and bearded, in the back of Section A with a Who bullseye t-shirt. I don't really interact w/that many people on the board, but I'm looking to change that, because the past couple of years, and tours, have reminded me how great this community is. It'd be great to say hi to folks.

I can't fucking wait for this show.
    I'll try to find you and say hey! Hopefully there are not too many bald giants in sec A
    Constant recoil