Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• What time are we thinking PJ goes on based on curfew/averages of show length and openers?
    900?
    8:50-11:05
    Posted staff sheet times list Inhaler 7:30-8:15 and PJ 8:45-11:15, fwiw
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    edited September 2023
    Pottsy199 said:
    What time are we thinking PJ goes on based on curfew/averages of show length and openers?
    900?
    Interesting. Wish it said 11:45.
    Post edited by know1 on
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    St Paul staff sheets said 9:00 for start time and they came on before then both nights. 
  • Those of you walking over to the venue. You're looking at about a mile or 20 min from any of the 3 hotels.

• If you take Bergen Blvd, then you'll end up at the "Orange Lot/Back~East Gate"
    • If you walk to Boden Road, then you'll end up at the "Red Lot/Blue Lot/West Gate"
    • Early merch is setup in the Blue Lot near the main entrance
    • Hamilton Town Center (outdoor mall) is across the street from your hotels. Plenty of stores to waste time at and/or eat
    • Spots near you to eat/adult drink...Aspen Creek, Kotoyama Ramen, Koto Japanese Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Chuy's, Livery, Houlihan's, Pies & Pints, Yat's, Red Robin, Stone Creek, Condado's, Outlaw's, BJ's Brewhouse
    • If you want to watch NFL games tomorrow and don't want to drive...I'd suggest Outlaws who has a Sunday wing special and lots of taps. They even do Busch Light for like $2 or something. Pies and Pints also has a solid tap list but less TVs and unsure on package.
    • Tons of various fast food options...DQ, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Raising Canes, Qdoba, Chipotle, Panera, Potbelly, Samano's (tacos), Five Guys, etc
    • If you need alcohol, then Total Wine is at the mall. It's like a Costco but only booze. You might even get lucky and find a fancy bottle of bourbon or scotch or similar. I pull stuff there all the time randomly.
    • INDIANA DOES NOT ALLOW ALCOHOL SALES ON SUNDAY UNTIL 12P AND ONLY UNTIL 8P SO GET YOUR STUFF TODAY OR HAVE ENOUGH TO LAST YOU UNTIL NOON TOMORROW. BEER SALES AT THE SHOW WILL LAST UNTIL 10-10:15p
    • Don't be an asshole and leave some merch for others.

See y'all tomorrow or tonight if you're doing Pumpkins.
  • What time are we thinking PJ goes on based on curfew/averages of show length and openers?
    900?
    Thanks!  Just got the email as well

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Nice info Pottsy!
  • PJNB said:
    St Paul staff sheets said 9:00 for start time and they came on before then both nights. 
    Yeah, Chicago was 8:50
  • know1 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    What time are we thinking PJ goes on based on curfew/averages of show length and openers?
    900?
    Interesting. Wish it said 11:45.
    That would be nice. They are already going to be paying the fine for going over 11pm but it's a very rare that anyone goes over 11p and if they do it's 11:10-11:15. Unless weather is involved, or it's DMB or Willie Nelson in recent years.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I’m so confused. If the Wishlist party starts at 12 but the parking lots are closed, where do you park if you want to go to the party before 4?
  • I’ve seen the lots open as early as 12-1pm for Phish and Dead & Co for Shakedown. Went to grab Farm Aid tix at the box office a while back around 2pm and there were maybe 50-100 cars already tailgating for Shania Twain.

Doesn’t completely answer your question, but the 4pm lot open time isn’t always followed. Probably just not promoting coming any earlier.
  • Anyone just miss a call from Live Nation?
    TS143444 said:
    Anyone just miss a call from Live Nation?
    Yes it went to voicemail. It was Deer Creek giving traffic info/times/bag size info etc
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    TS143444 said:
    Anyone just miss a call from Live Nation?
    Check your voicemail. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • No voicemail popped up yet, but thanks for the info. First time for a call tho. 
    It was a long message. Also said it sold out and something along the lines of don’t try and get tickets at the box office but I was only half listening 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    edited September 2023
    RiotZact said:
    I’m so confused. If the Wishlist party starts at 12 but the parking lots are closed, where do you park if you want to go to the party before 4?
    There is typically no staff in the parking lots until around 3pm or 3:30pm (for a 4pm open). They tell you 4pm to keep it from becoming a nightmare with people just parking wherever they want to. Considering they are fully aware of the early merch and likely crush of early arrivers; they'll have some sort of system ready.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, they aren't doing the ticket check to get into the parking lot it doesn't seem. They've done that for a few shows this year. Which as you can imagine slows down the lines to a crawl. It does help assure that those of us with tickets can actually park though. 

Most important thing for tomorrow. 78 and sunshine, all damn day. No tornados this time and no weather confusion and delay.
    Post edited by Pottsy199 on
  • Thanks for the walking info, Pottsy!!
  • Pottsy199 said:
    Those of you walking over to the venue. You're looking at about a mile or 20 min from any of the 3 hotels.

• If you take Bergen Blvd, then you'll end up at the "Orange Lot/Back~East Gate"
    • If you walk to Boden Road, then you'll end up at the "Red Lot/Blue Lot/West Gate"
    • Hamilton Town Center (outdoor mall) is across the street from your hotels. Plenty of stores to waste time at and/or eat
    • Spots near you to eat/adult drink...Aspen Creek, Kotoyama Ramen, Koto Japanese Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Chuy's, Livery, Houlihan's, Pies & Pints, Yat's, Red Robin, Stone Creek, Condado's, Outlaw's, BJ's Brewhouse
    • If you want to watch NFL games tomorrow and don't want to drive...I'd suggest Outlaws who has a Sunday wing special and lots of taps. They even do Busch Light for like $2 or something. Pies and Pints also has a solid tap list but less TVs and unsure on package.
    • Tons of various fast food options...DQ, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Raising Canes, Qdoba, Chipotle, Panera, Potbelly, Samano's (tacos), Five Guys, etc
    • If you need alcohol, then Total Wine is at the mall. It's like a Costco but only booze. You might even get lucky and find a fancy bottle of bourbon or scotch or similar. I pull stuff there all the time randomly.
    • INDIANA DOES NOT ALLOW ALCOHOL SALES ON SUNDAY UNTIL 12P AND ONLY UNTIL 8P SO GET YOUR STUFF TODAY OR HAVE ENOUGH TO LAST YOU UNTIL NOON TOMORROW. BEER SALES AT THE SHOW WILL LAST UNTIL 10-10:15p

Which gate is nearest premier club entrance? 
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    Pottsy199 said:
    Those of you walking over to the venue. You're looking at about a mile or 20 min from any of the 3 hotels.

Super helpful!!! Thanks a ton for this!
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • Will be headed to Aspen Creek Grill tomorrow at 5 if anyone wants to have a drink.. should arrive at Wyndham around 2 or 2:30
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    So what’s the plan for the PJ10C  ES hang out this evening?
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Heading down about 7:45 to the outdoor patio in the front. Have a blue cooler and the box of PJ wine. Green shorts and red flannel. See ya soon. 
  • laa1025laa1025 Posts: 138
    Thank you, Pottsy!
    edited September 2023
    Lots of people reporting the sound is not the best up front at the Pumpkins show. Is this normal?
    PJNB said:
    Lots of people reporting the sound is not the best up front at the Pumpkins show. Is this normal?
    So far just interpol.  I’m in lawn, not terrible.  But I think May just be the band/their sound team? 
  • It's muddy... I'm middle in pavilion 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • I have a sleepy bear parking/ tailgate ticket that I’m not using.  I paid $30.  Would let it go for $20. DM if interested. 
  • Silly question. For those at the show tonight. Shorts and tshirt weather or jeans and long sleeve shirt?
    Silly question. For those at the show tonight. Shorts and tshirt weather or jeans and long sleeve shirt?
    It’s really on the line. Depends on you. I out on jeans and sleeves, it will get a little cooler. If you plan on moving a ton, you’ll be warm.  Literally right on the line IMO.