Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• jarfitz1 said:
    gtbrown77 said:
    So they played Purple Rain (Prince) in St Paul and Surrender (Cheap Trick) in Chicago. Aside from John Mellencamp and Jackson 5, are there any other artists from Indiana they might cover?  I'm thinking Rats may get played ("Ben, the two of us need look no more") just to make some connection.

Otherwise I'm really hoping for Footsteps. It might be my favorite song.

While you all are hanging out in Saturday night, I'll be at the Smashing Pumpkins show at Ruoff. Anyone else?
    I was thinking about Indiana connections too.  Seems like Mary Jane's Last Dance would be something they would cover, but never have, so I doubt that will happen.  How about a David Letterman reference/story?  That's about all I got.
    MLB has no ties to Indiana that I know of but would love to hear them cover Bone China or Stardog Champion.. would also be cool to hear Mary Jane as well.
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    I think Last Dance with Mary Jane has a good chance of being covered. Would love every minute of it! 
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,225
    So just how small is the pit area?
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    No ticket yet, will be in an Atlanta Braves jersey

• flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 251
    edited September 2023
    pjbugs007 said:
    For an amphitheater, I would say it's about "medium" size compared to others (larger than Riverbend in Cincy but smaller than the Gorge). Every seat map I've seen this year has the Deer Creek pit shaped like a hourglass/goblet but I was just in the pit in June and it's still just a half circle, like most other amphitheaters. They would have to remove quite a few bolted-down seats in Sec B to make it look like that.

Post edited by flanosmasseur on
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    You can write Breath on the setlist, my wife and I get it at every show we go to
    awesome!

thanks for your service, lol.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    pjbugs007 said:
    For an amphitheater, I would say it's about "medium" size compared to others (larger than Riverbend in Cincy but smaller than the Gorge). Every seat map I've seen this year has the Deer Creek pit shaped like a hourglass/goblet but I was just in the pit in June and it's still just a half circle, like most other amphitheaters. They would have to remove quite a few bolted-down seats in Sec B to make it look like that.

The only way it can be a half circle is if Sec B gets a lot of rows added. Right now it starts at row M. It would have to fill in to row E for it to look like that. 
  • gtbrown77 said:
    So they played Purple Rain (Prince) in St Paul and Surrender (Cheap Trick) in Chicago. Aside from John Mellencamp and Jackson 5, are there any other artists from Indiana they might cover?  I'm thinking Rats may get played ("Ben, the two of us need look no more") just to make some connection.

Otherwise I'm really hoping for Footsteps. It might be my favorite song.

While you all are hanging out in Saturday night, I'll be at the Smashing Pumpkins show at Ruoff. Anyone else?
    The Pumpkins are my 2nd fav band after PJ. Saw that show on Sat, not gonna go.

Saw them at Jones Beach in NY a couple of weeks ago. The tide rose so high that there was water in the pit, ankle-deep, and some fish swimming in front of the stage lol. True story.

The show was meh. They've played virtually the same setlist every night, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

And the sound was also meh. They have this muffled wall-of-sound that doesn't translate well live. And I know it was them, because Rival Sons and Interpol sounded great, and a buddy who saw them in Tampa said the same thing.

Sorry to be a buzzkill lol. I do love them. But the show was meh. And don't even get me started on "Atum"...
    Haha! No worries. I've seen them before (2019 I think) and enjoyed them. I don't remember any sound issues in the past, but maybe it was there and I just ignored it. Plus, I'm really looking forward to Interpol. It'll be my first time seeing them live.

And I actually enjoyed Atum, and I went into it with high expectations of hating it. Cyr on the other hand...
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    -John Lennon
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    pjbugs007 said:

Larger than Camden?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    I also noticed the pumpkins set list is almost exactly the same for every singles show...talk about phoning it in...i got a $25 lawn ticket just to haves something to do, but we shall see, may be a short show! lol
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • PJNB said:
    pjbugs007 said:

The only way it can be a half circle is if Sec B gets a lot of rows added. Right now it starts at row M. It would have to fill in to row E for it to look like that. 
    I think I was more fixated on the diagram that's on the seating map. You're 100% correct. I went back and looked and this pic was taken from Sec B, Row O, so only a couple rows from the pit. I just don't remember the back of it being any less narrow than the front/middle. Oh well, it's an awesome pit nonetheless.
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Are the "aisle" seats near the stage in A and C actually the best seats in the house? It's hard to tell how the diagram matches up to real life. The pic above from Sec B Row O is obviously behind the pit and not "close" to the stage. From the diagram, it looks like Sec C Row E seat 8 is basically pit view with a seat. Or is that deceptive?
  • 100 Pacer said:
    pjbugs007 said:

Larger than Camden?
    I just took a virtual tour of Freedom Mortgage Pavilion and from the stage, looking out, Camden looks much wider but not as deep (that's what she said?).

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,154
    edited September 2023
    Thought I’d post in this thread.

As a keen observer from overseas, A question just out of curiosity more than anything. 

Why just the one show in Indy? All other cities have two. Larger venue? Smaller market? Slower tkt sales? Logistics between cities? 

Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,225
    PhartN said:
    I also noticed the pumpkins set list is almost exactly the same for every singles show...talk about phoning it in...i got a $25 lawn ticket just to haves something to do, but we shall see, may be a short show! lol
    Lol yep don't plan on staying to the end thinking rather be the rush out an go to bed! But being it's the same set easy to know when it's gonna finish!
  • Mathius said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    Give me Long Road, Wash, Oceans to start the Footsteps and HTI!!

They opened with Long Road during the 2000 show if I remember correctly. I still haven't heard Oceans live yet, but the only shows I've been to was the previous 4 shows here at Deer Creek (except for Lexington 2016).

I remember Ed saying that they wouldn't take 10 years to come back to Deer Creek at the 2010 show. Ed, I love ya, brother, but your math is way off here. Lol
    He played Pittsburgh last in 2013 and said it wouldn't be 7 years again before they came back. Well, it's now going on 10.
  • Anyone here in the pit? If so, would be cool to say hello in person at the show.
    I will be in the pit with my wife. It's her first PJ show. I'll most likely be looking to stick to the back of the pit.
  • I'm still considering just walking to the venue from the Holiday Inn. Based on previous comments in this thread and how lit up and safe it is, I think it's the best course of action for myself.
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    Anyone here in the pit? If so, would be cool to say hello in person at the show.
    My son and i will be, i’ll be wearing a blue MC5 tshirt (i think, or my Soundgarden 2017 tour shirt from their last show).
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    I'm still considering just walking to the venue from the Holiday Inn. Based on previous comments in this thread and how lit up and safe it is, I think it's the best course of action for myself.
    That’s the Main reason I chose that hotel. I’m walking as will a ton of us I’m sure!
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • PhartN said:
    I'm still considering just walking to the venue from the Holiday Inn. Based on previous comments in this thread and how lit up and safe it is, I think it's the best course of action for myself.
    That’s the Main reason I chose that hotel. I’m walking as will a ton of us I’m sure!
    Nice!! Glad to hear it. Walking it is!
  • The merch booth opens at 12. The parking lot  opens at 4. Does anyone know how this works in Indy? Where do you park to get in line?
  • Count me in the crew that will be walking over.
  • JE224127 said:
    Count me in the crew that will be walking over.
    Same.
  • Thought I’d post in this thread.

As a keen observer from overseas, A question just out of curiosity more than anything. 

Why just the one show in Indy? All other cities have two. Larger venue? Smaller market? Slower tkt sales? Logistics between cities? 

It was originally two... Sat/sun was booked for pj per the original rumor and confirmed . I assume they decided to not do back to back nights. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    We're at the Wyndham and will be walking. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    I’ve got a few poster tubes purchased during last year’s tour that are like new - will give them out for free in the merch line. If you see me just ask.

• Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    Jadler said:
    I think Last Dance with Mary Jane has a good chance of being covered. Would love every minute of it! 
    I'm going with Jackson Browne - I Am a Patriot
    Things were different then
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Evel K said:
    Jadler said:
    I'm going with Jackson Browne - I Am a Patriot
    That could absolutely be the winner.