Options

Ten Club Presale Update

Comments

• Options
    TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    KV4053 said:
    A ticket sale that has to issue tickets 3 times is an epic fail and an insult to the fan base. What about all the anxiety that accompanies this situation?
    I hear you. Despite some confusion, this whole situation is an epic improvement over the old days where we were mailing cash or money orders. Or even the Middle ages where we were paying money and didn't know where our seats were. I can wait a week or two or three. Not a big deal.
    I don't know, I kinda miss the time I spent with my mom as she drove me to the currency exchange for that money order.

I think we had lunch at the Toots hot dog stand next door.
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    ewokpelts said:
    maverick said:
    I think the updates from Ten Club have been great. Transparency and timely updates always help no matter what the situation, and to hear Ten Club has gotten an even bigger allotment of seats is the best news possible. 
    Eventually people land on any ticket is better than no ticket, and a ticket via fan club presale eliminates any worries around getting the verified fan pre sale code and going through that whole process too. 
    All in all, this is a big positive.  
    When the concerts happen, nobody is going to remember or care if their seat assignments changed once or twice.  What will matter is being present in the venue and hearing the best band on the planet play music live.   
    no. not really. i'm still pissed they reassigned me AND charged my card twice. and that my original seats are $1000 on ticketmaster as "PJ premium".
    Yup there's a lot of apologists on here.. Things are not as transparent as they want you to believe and a lot of people are getting either screwed on tickets or screwed financially 
    Yeah transparent is not a word I would use. There was 36 hours of radio silence before the update that prompted this thread. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    njstol01njstol01 Posts: 17
    I was purchasing tickets for the Noblesville IN show and after going through the verified fan process, They were charging me $925.25 for each ticket.  I do not know if that was correct ( highly doubt it), but I have been a member for over 20 years and got lawn seats.  Has anyone else  seen prices that high?
    WOW! That is crazy! No, I have never seen first run TM tickets that high, even the VIP usually would max out around $500
  • Options
    CH139159CH139159 Posts: 50
    CH139159 said:
    L1quid said:
    The idea that Premium tickets subsidize $162 fanclub tickets is a joke.  Maybe I am just naive, but for multi nights runs the second (and beyond) nights are probably a lot cheaper to produce.  No additional travel, lighting and sound is already setup, etc.

So whats the profit margin if every seat in the house is $162?  Do they really need $1000 Officially Scalped tickets to make this worthwhile?

And didnt I see the Vitalogy Foundation donation is being added to the ticket prices instead of being paid out of them by the band?  A subtle but functional difference.
    You know the band has to pay the crew in full everyday there’s an off day too. Every crew member costs money on off days. Think about how much crew they have  
    Yep. Then think about the cost of venue, promoter, manager, roadies, lights and sound, hotels, hospitality, transportation etc. Think about how much a tour costs in gas alone. Or the TM fees. 
    Yes, how will Eddie and the boys survive on $162.83 tickets alone? LMAO. They make enough money on their merch to fully fund their tour. You ever been to Wrigley and watched how much merch is sold? Sit back and watch some time. 

Good to see Eddie and Bruce and the like fully engaging in capitalism though. Nothing like lying in bed with Ticketbastard who they railed against years ago. LOLOLOL.
    How much of that $162 do you think they net? How much is too much for them to earn then? 

Merch, like everything else, is part of equation. But if you think thats enough to offset the entire tour then I got a bridge to sell you. 
    They are paid whether 1 person shows up or it’s sold out. The promoter sets the price. It’s their job to sell tickets. PJ gets their money whether one ticket is sold or it’s a sell out. 

And merch is a huge part of their equation. I’ve been to hundreds of shows of various acts. PJ sells as much or more than any act out there. It’s not even close. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    SlettelleirSlettelleir Mendota Heights, MN Posts: 108
    After being charged twice for 1 pair of tickets(both of which have posted and no longer pending), if I get charged a third time for these same tickets, there has to be some sort of grounds for a lawsuit.  Completely unacceptable to hold on to everyone’s money for their “mistake”
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    ewokpelts said:
    maverick said:
    I think the updates from Ten Club have been great. Transparency and timely updates always help no matter what the situation, and to hear Ten Club has gotten an even bigger allotment of seats is the best news possible. 
    Eventually people land on any ticket is better than no ticket, and a ticket via fan club presale eliminates any worries around getting the verified fan pre sale code and going through that whole process too. 
    When the concerts happen, nobody is going to remember or care if their seat assignments changed once or twice.  What will matter is being present in the venue and hearing the best band on the planet play music live.   
    no. not really. i'm still pissed they reassigned me AND charged my card twice. and that my original seats are $1000 on ticketmaster as "PJ premium".
    Yup there's a lot of apologists on here.. Things are not as transparent as they want you to believe and a lot of people are getting either screwed on tickets or screwed financially 
    there's some things out of the band's control, but making a deal with live nation/ticketmaster WAS UNDER THIER DIRECT CONTROL.
  • Options
    oharajohn83oharajohn83 Washington, DC Posts: 15
    edited April 2023
    After being charged twice for 1 pair of tickets(both of which have posted and no longer pending), if I get charged a third time for these same tickets, there has to be some sort of grounds for a lawsuit.  Completely unacceptable to hold on to everyone’s money for their “mistake”
    Agreed, it's complete garbage. I have almost $2,000 in posted charges with all of the back and forth, and ~$1000 pending charges that are new - with the newest round of emails. I have not received a single email response from customer support despite multiple emails.
  • Options
    MarieowMarieow San Francisco Posts: 73
    edited April 2023
    Here's a summary of what happened with my requests in case anyone is collecting details:
    • 4/20 - I entered for every show. 
    • 4/25 - Got both StP, both FtW and Austin N1. StP N1 GA.  I get a notification that StP N2 seat will be reassigned.
    • 4/26 - All charges clear my bank account. My money is now with them. I get both Chicago and my StP reassignment. I see pending charges for those. I get an email in the evening saying that all of my charges were declined despite the charges posted to my account with more than enough to spare. I have to resubmit my request. I email to ask if this is a mistake and wait until the next day to reply. 
    • 4/27 - Reluctantly and anxiously resubmit my request. The statement on the website goes up. 
    • 4/28 - I get email confirmations for every show on the tour. No seat assignment (as expected), but I lose my St.P N1 GA. I'm charged for all shows, despite already paying for 7 of them. 

I'm happy I got tickets at all. I am pissed that I'm overcharged, but I'll survive in the meantime. 
    Post edited by Marieow on
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • Options
    oharajohn83oharajohn83 Washington, DC Posts: 15
    I'm happy I got tickets at all. I am pissed that I'm overcharged, but I'll survive in the meantime. 
    Yeah, sames, but still what a Charlie Foxtrot. 
  • Options
    Do we have any idea when we are going to get our new seat assignments?
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    JG242853JG242853 Posts: 87
    Marieow said:
    Here's a summary of what happened with my requests in case anyone is collecting details:
    • 4/20 - I entered for every show. 
    • 4/25 - Got both StP, both FtW and Austin N1. StP N1 GA.  I get a notification that StP N2 seat will be reassigned.
    • 4/26 - All charges clear my bank account. My money is now with them. I get both Chicago and my StP reassignment. I see pending charges for those. I get an email in the evening saying that all of my charges were declined despite the charges posted to my account with more than enough to spare. I have to resubmit my request. I email to ask if this is a mistake and wait until the next day to reply. 
    • 4/27 - Reluctantly and anxiously resubmit my request. The statement on the website goes up. 
    • 4/28 - I get email confirmations for every show on the tour. No seat assignment (as expected), but I lose my St.P N1 GA. I'm charged for all shows, despite already paying for 7 of them. 

Yea similar timeline and events. Happy I’m in the building - got seat confirmation on only one night, but confirmed for both nights post seat reassignment. And only charged again once 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Randall's Island, NY 9/29/1996, Randall's Island, NY 6/8/1997 (Ed and Mike), Jones Beach, NY 8/23/2000, Los Angeles, CA  7/10/2006, Hartford, CT 6/27/2008, Los Angeles, CA 10/6/2009, San Diego, CA 11/21/2013, Los Angeles, CA 11/24/2013, MSG, NY 5/1/2016,
    Seattle, WA 8/10/2018, Los Angeles, CA 5/6/2022, 5/7/2022, Camden, NJ 9/14/2022, St Paul 8/31/2023, St Paul 9/2/2023
  • Options
    JG242853JG242853 Posts: 87
    Do we have any idea when we are going to get our new seat assignments?
    ”in the coming days” 😑
    Randall's Island, NY 9/29/1996, Randall's Island, NY 6/8/1997 (Ed and Mike), Jones Beach, NY 8/23/2000, Los Angeles, CA  7/10/2006, Hartford, CT 6/27/2008, Los Angeles, CA 10/6/2009, San Diego, CA 11/21/2013, Los Angeles, CA 11/24/2013, MSG, NY 5/1/2016,
    Seattle, WA 8/10/2018, Los Angeles, CA 5/6/2022, 5/7/2022, Camden, NJ 9/14/2022, St Paul 8/31/2023, St Paul 9/2/2023
  • Options

ROBERT,

Just got this from U3 fanclub

WE ARE NOT ALONE!

Lol

We're writing to you as a U2.com subscriber who was not successful in buying tickets this week for U2:UV Achtung Baby Live At Sphere.

We are aware that a number of long time subscribers were unable to access tickets and we are working towards resolving this issue. 

An email with further details will follow. 

Thank you for your patience.

• Options
    U2
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,437
    maverick said:
    100% agree
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    TW148050TW148050 Posts: 3
    After the reassignment, I got  N1 of St. Paul and both Chicago shows....got charged for all 3.   Now....with the "third try" thing....I got N1 and N2 for St. Paul, and no Chicago (which is fine, because the tix I got on the reassignment, were not very good).  BUT...they charged me again for N1 of St. Paul along with the charge for N2 of St. Paul.   So now I've paid for N1 of St. Paul twice, and haven't been refunded for Chicago.  I have to believe they'll notice this, right?    Maybe when I get my seating assignments?   I've got like $1000 in charges out there that I'd REALLY like refunded!  I'm appreciate the tickets....always grateful to be lucky enough to get selected....so I'm totally grateful to be in the building... I just hope they issue refunds sometime early next week!  Hope you all are getting your $$$ situations squared away too! 
  • Options
    TW148050 said:
    After the reassignment, I got  N1 of St. Paul and both Chicago shows....got charged for all 3.   Now....with the "third try" thing....I got N1 and N2 for St. Paul, and no Chicago (which is fine, because the tix I got on the reassignment, were not very good).  BUT...they charged me again for N1 of St. Paul along with the charge for N2 of St. Paul.   So now I've paid for N1 of St. Paul twice, and haven't been refunded for Chicago.  I have to believe they'll notice this, right?    Maybe when I get my seating assignments?   I've got like $1000 in charges out there that I'd REALLY like refunded!  I'm appreciate the tickets....always grateful to be lucky enough to get selected....so I'm totally grateful to be in the building... I just hope they issue refunds sometime early next week!  Hope you all are getting your $$$ situations squared away too! 
    How is the double charging even an option? The seats are all the same price - charging is instant-refunds take forever-not nice to play with people like this - very worrisome 
  • Options
    Anyone doing the Texas shows have their seats reassigned?
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,437
    Nope
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    Anyone doing the Texas shows hav their seats reassigned?

Not yet but I got the email saying they were going to-I just hope they don’t recharge us like they did for other shows - and I REALLY don’t want to lose my 1 Pit show 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    Nope
  • Options
    rbhvr440rbhvr440 Posts: 9
    I’m totally confused. I haven’t seen any evidence I have tickets yet besides the email that said I was “confirmed”, but my card is charged as a pending transaction for like 4 days now. Ticketbastard is the worst anyone know when we will actually get tickets?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    rbhvr440 said:
    I’m totally confused. I haven’t seen any evidence I have tickets yet besides the email that said I was “confirmed”, but my card is charged as a pending transaction for like 4 days now. Ticketbastard is the worst anyone know when we will actually get tickets?
    Probably by mid or end of this upcoming week ! After the 2nd reassignment 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    Anyone else still waiting on a refund on charges? 

I have 4 charges for 2 sets of tickets. And only I refund. Waiting on 1 more. 
  • Options
    Maze1197Maze1197 New York Posts: 2
    My CC was charged for the show and yesterday credited back. Anyone have this happen? 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,153

ROBERT,

Just got this from U3 fanclub

WE ARE NOT ALONE!

Lol

We're writing to you as a U2.com subscriber who was not successful in buying tickets this week for U2:UV Achtung Baby Live At Sphere.

We are aware that a number of long time subscribers were unable to access tickets and we are working towards resolving this issue. 

An email with further details will follow. 

Thank you for your patience.

Weird. I signed up for the fan club Monday, AFTER the shows were already announced, and I got my first choice in the lottery, a Saturday night in October 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,153
    edited April 2023
    static111 said:
    It's true that if no artists participated, platinum would not exist. But the market for marked up tickets would still exist, and the demand would be met by brokers who profit instead of the artist. If all artists instituted transfer restrictions and refused to participate in platinum, that would crush the aftermarket. But artists want to make money, and you can't blame them. And there's a small percentage of fans who can afford it and would rather pay 1000/ticket than spend hours refreshing for a face value pair. That's a rational choice and platinum meets that demand. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    If PJ did away with platinum I doubt TM would be giving them the majority of tickets for shows. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Josh10376Josh10376 Posts: 75
    ComeToTX said:
    If PJ did away with platinum I doubt TM would be giving them the majority of tickets for shows. 
    They still would because the tickets go through Ticketmaster and they are still making their money on the fees per tickets, which PJ doesn't negotiate 
This discussion has been closed.