EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 688
    edited May 2023
    BRWilly said:
    mattcoz said:

PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:
    In the past, we would never win our second, third or fourth priority shows without winning our first priority.  That is not the case with this tour.  Several people did not win their first priority show, but did win a second, third, fourth priority selection.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.
    Not sure that's right. If everyone picks the highest demand show number 1, not everyone can win. In 2020 my first priority was MSG and second was Baltimore. I didn't get either but I got St Louis with my 3rd choice. This year I had Chicago 1-2, which presumably were the most requested shows. I didn't get Chicago but got my 3rd choice on down. What wouldn't make sense though is if people got Chicago as their 3rd or 4th choice when people who had it top ranked didn't get it. 
    You are correct.  Use MSG 2020 as the example.  Everyone puts in for that show and not everyone will win.  In that case, Ten Club then moves down the priority list to shows with less demand and those requests can be fulfilled.  I may have worded my post poorly.  However, for this 2023 tour, there have been many examples of later priority selections being fulfilled over earlier priority selections that do not meet that MSG scenario.  I put in for both Chicago shows and my second choice was fulfilled.  Both shows have somewhat similar demand it appears.  I had Chicago 2 as my first selection and lost.  Many people had Chicago 2 as their 2nd, 3rd, 4th selections and won.  That is where there is a clear disconnect this tour.

Very true and this has not been addressed at all with 10C. I appreciate them getting the seniority right but not sure why this is going unmentioned. 
    Yeah, this is a bigger issue than seating, nobody should lose their 1st priority to any lower priority. I think they know they screwed this up, but they just don't want to take tickets away from anyone that they already sent confirmations to. One person said they got Chicago 2 with their 7th priority, which is insane. Of course, for some reason they refuse to tell us how they really do this, leaving us to just speculate.
    My unsubstantiated theory is that they did it NBA draft style based on priority. Higher priority got more ping pong balls in the draw. Lower had fewer. Odds still favored the higher priority, but it is still possible for lower to win. That way they have to do less draws and it simplifies things. 
    This would explain a lot. In theory a P1 should never lose out to a P2 or beyond, but that happened, people are confused, and we need a better explanation of what it means when you "prioritize" a specific show. Good communication can reduce a lot of headache and did not happen this go around! 
    For all we know the odds were the same. Again, decisions like this are usually made based on numbers. In the end it feels like less people got shut out this time, and a lot of people got tix to multiple shows. If that was the goal of the changes, then that should be considered success.

I think you could also argue that the priority system was a bit flawed too in that same respect. What would the point be of anything beyond p1 or p2 if the expectation is that you can't/shouldn't win beyond that. 
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 688
    wiscojam said:
    wiscojam said:
    Sarava said:
    joe159 said:
    Sarava said:
    So I'm looking at my seats for the Thursday show at the UC - eek I didnt realize how bad these seats were. I'm in section 305, 3rd row from the top. It's the furthest corner section in the arena, with only 2 rows worse. I'm TC#495xxx, which normally gets me in the lower bowl, about 3/4 of the way back. And I like those seats when I get them. Now I have about the worst seats in the house. Which makes me wonder - where the hell did they put the 496xxx - 750xxx people if I have the worst seats? They couldnt have crammed them all in the 2 rows behind me? But maybe something will be redrawn as they said they will look in to.
    I'm TC#515###, I drew section 321, 10th row
    Interesting. I did select side/rear as well. This was my first priority in the drawing for whatever its worth.

I guess we'll see how this shakes out. But my first thought is, and I'm thinking to future tours/sales - if they are selling most of the arena to TC members, which allows people to get in on 3rd and 4th choices or beyond - this is going to permanently kill the seats for anyone who joined the ten club in the last 15 years. Because we're going to get worse seats than people who sneak in on their 4th or 5th priority, no matter what show we put in for, or no matter the priority.

Oh and RIP Gordon Lightfoot. That's sad news.
    Not sure how many of us in the 10C for over 15 years (we are mostly now in our 40s and 50s+) are going to 4 and 5 shows per tour. I get it's more than most band's fan base, but I can't believe it would kill seat priority for the rest.
    I mean, it's clearly a lot. I've been in for 15 years (after joining 20 years ago and then lapsing for a few years). My number from 20 years ago was 374XXX. Current number is 421XXX. There are tons of people on these boards who have lower numbers than that. Obviously, there's a bias correlating old school superfans with low numbers - but I think it's safe to say that there are still many people who must be in 10C for more than 25 years.

Also - I'm in my late 30s and didn't first join 10C until I was 18 and didn't rejoin until I was 23. Definitely people who could be in their 30s who've been in the 10C for 15-20 years. And now that many have more disposable income - that can lead to vacation days + travel + shows. Add that to the fact that many of us haven't seen this band since pre-COVID and you get a perfect storm of seat priority shitshow. 
    yes, lots of 10C members in for over 15, 20 years. I just don't think that many of them/us are traveling for 4 or 5 shows per tour. 

The ONLY reason I've been continuous with my membership for 20+ years is for the Seniority status.
    Disagree. Especially on such a short run of shows. Clearly a lot of people are travelling. Look at the "where are you going" thread. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    edited May 2023
    BRWilly said:
    mattcoz said:

PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:
    In the past, we would never win our second, third or fourth priority shows without winning our first priority.  That is not the case with this tour.  Several people did not win their first priority show, but did win a second, third, fourth priority selection.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.
    Not sure that's right. If everyone picks the highest demand show number 1, not everyone can win. In 2020 my first priority was MSG and second was Baltimore. I didn't get either but I got St Louis with my 3rd choice. This year I had Chicago 1-2, which presumably were the most requested shows. I didn't get Chicago but got my 3rd choice on down. What wouldn't make sense though is if people got Chicago as their 3rd or 4th choice when people who had it top ranked didn't get it. 
    You are correct.  Use MSG 2020 as the example.  Everyone puts in for that show and not everyone will win.  In that case, Ten Club then moves down the priority list to shows with less demand and those requests can be fulfilled.  I may have worded my post poorly.  However, for this 2023 tour, there have been many examples of later priority selections being fulfilled over earlier priority selections that do not meet that MSG scenario.  I put in for both Chicago shows and my second choice was fulfilled.  Both shows have somewhat similar demand it appears.  I had Chicago 2 as my first selection and lost.  Many people had Chicago 2 as their 2nd, 3rd, 4th selections and won.  That is where there is a clear disconnect this tour.

Very true and this has not been addressed at all with 10C. I appreciate them getting the seniority right but not sure why this is going unmentioned. 
    Yeah, this is a bigger issue than seating, nobody should lose their 1st priority to any lower priority. I think they know they screwed this up, but they just don't want to take tickets away from anyone that they already sent confirmations to. One person said they got Chicago 2 with their 7th priority, which is insane. Of course, for some reason they refuse to tell us how they really do this, leaving us to just speculate.
    My unsubstantiated theory is that they did it NBA draft style based on priority. Higher priority got more ping pong balls in the draw. Lower had fewer. Odds still favored the higher priority, but it is still possible for lower to win. That way they have to do less draws and it simplifies things. 
    This would explain a lot. In theory a P1 should never lose out to a P2 or beyond, but that happened, people are confused, and we need a better explanation of what it means when you "prioritize" a specific show. Good communication can reduce a lot of headache and did not happen this go around! 
    For all we know the odds were the same. Again, decisions like this are usually made based on numbers. In the end it feels like less people got shut out this time, and a lot of people got tix to multiple shows. If that was the goal of the changes, then that should be considered success.

I think you could also argue that the priority system was a bit flawed too in that same respect. What would the point be of anything beyond p1 or p2 if the expectation is that you can't/shouldn't win beyond that. 
    It is not that they should not win past that it’s just that they should not win over a priority that is lower than theirs. I get how the draft lotteries work and still do not think based off what we know that’s how this was done. I think some people flat out had their picks ignored by the system for whatever reason. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 295
    wiscojam said:
    wiscojam said:
    Sarava said:
    joe159 said:
    Sarava said:
    So I'm looking at my seats for the Thursday show at the UC - eek I didnt realize how bad these seats were. I'm in section 305, 3rd row from the top. It's the furthest corner section in the arena, with only 2 rows worse. I'm TC#495xxx, which normally gets me in the lower bowl, about 3/4 of the way back. And I like those seats when I get them. Now I have about the worst seats in the house. Which makes me wonder - where the hell did they put the 496xxx - 750xxx people if I have the worst seats? They couldnt have crammed them all in the 2 rows behind me? But maybe something will be redrawn as they said they will look in to.
    Interesting. I did select side/rear as well. This was my first priority in the drawing for whatever its worth.

I guess we'll see how this shakes out. But my first thought is, and I'm thinking to future tours/sales - if they are selling most of the arena to TC members, which allows people to get in on 3rd and 4th choices or beyond - this is going to permanently kill the seats for anyone who joined the ten club in the last 15 years. Because we're going to get worse seats than people who sneak in on their 4th or 5th priority, no matter what show we put in for, or no matter the priority.

Not sure how many of us in the 10C for over 15 years (we are mostly now in our 40s and 50s+) are going to 4 and 5 shows per tour. I get it's more than most band's fan base, but I can't believe it would kill seat priority for the rest.
    I mean, it's clearly a lot. I've been in for 15 years (after joining 20 years ago and then lapsing for a few years). My number from 20 years ago was 374XXX. Current number is 421XXX. There are tons of people on these boards who have lower numbers than that. Obviously, there's a bias correlating old school superfans with low numbers - but I think it's safe to say that there are still many people who must be in 10C for more than 25 years.

Also - I'm in my late 30s and didn't first join 10C until I was 18 and didn't rejoin until I was 23. Definitely people who could be in their 30s who've been in the 10C for 15-20 years. And now that many have more disposable income - that can lead to vacation days + travel + shows. Add that to the fact that many of us haven't seen this band since pre-COVID and you get a perfect storm of seat priority shitshow. 
    yes, lots of 10C members in for over 15, 20 years. I just don't think that many of them/us are traveling for 4 or 5 shows per tour. 

The ONLY reason I've been continuous with my membership for 20+ years is for the Seniority status.
    Disagree. Especially on such a short run of shows. Clearly a lot of people are travelling. Look at the "where are you going" thread. 
    I don't believe 50 ppl on a PJ specific message board, who say they are traveling for shows, equates to so many long timer 10C members going to multiple shows that newer members are going to get screwed out of ("permanently kill") descent seats in the future. that was my only point in reply to the OP
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,190
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:

I had Chicago N2 as my 4th priority and somehow won (which I wasn’t expecting in a million years). I also don’t understand how it’s possible that I could have won and you and others who put Chicago 2 as priority 1 could have lost. The whole concept of priority appears to have worked differently in this year’s lottery than during the previous ones. I feel really bad for you and everyone else in your position. I hope you’re ultimately able to find a way in either from someone on this board or F2F. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    ^Thanks.  I'll be good.  As a reminder, there is no F2F for Chicago.  F2F is a great fall back for other cities though.  It is more the principle of the whole thing than the outcome for me personally.  It simply doesn't compute.
  • Options
    Maze1197Maze1197 New York Posts: 2
    I got tickets to both ST Paul shows today somehow. Can’t go 9/2 so will do f2f if anyone wants to go. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    Maze1197 said:
    I got tickets to both ST Paul shows today somehow. Can’t go 9/2 so will do f2f if anyone wants to go. 
    Could you go into more detail?

Did you put in for these shows and lose out last week and now have a charge and tickets?
  • Options
    bbdowell1627bbdowell1627 Posts: 152
    Anyone on here going to all the Texas shows?

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,558
    yes, plenty of us.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    GlorifiedGEEGlorifiedGEE Posts: 169

Yup, ill be in FTW N2 with one of my sons and Austin N1 with my wife.  Going to be great shows!
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 516
    bbiggs said:
    ^Thanks.  I'll be good.  As a reminder, there is no F2F for Chicago.  F2F is a great fall back for other cities though.  It is more the principle of the whole thing than the outcome for me personally.  It simply doesn't compute.
    Did you check the side/ rear of stage option? Maybe after GA they pulled all Reserved Only, then GA/Reserved until all of those seats were filled. Now if you draw again for side/ rear stage options you could get a 3rd or higher priority win. Other factors could be duplicate credit cards or IP addresses that kick you from the system. Just speculating but this might end up on Unsolved Mysteries like Grand Rapids 06. I can tell from your "I'll be good" statement you'll find your way in. 
    Things were different then
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,439

Yes
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    cwjacwja Posts: 132
    They didn’t address the priority snafu because the only remedy would have been a total redo. Fixing the seniority issue is, by comparison, a relatively easy fix.

Never understood the calls for a limit on how many shows you can get tickets for. For example, everyone who asked for Fort Worth got tickets. Telling people who got Austin tickets they can’t have FW tickets cause someone didn’t get Chicago tickets is just dumb.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    JK274975 said:
    Just so I don't have to read through all these comments has anyone heard when we will get our new seat assignments?

"in the coming days"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    MM73518MM73518 Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    10 Club screws us again! I was never even notified that tickets were on sale for members!!!!!!!!  This fanclub sucks 
  • Options
    jsilsbyjsilsby Posts: 14
    edited May 2023
    The more I read peoples anecdotes, the more I feel the biggest problem was the actually lottery itself more than seniority based seat assignments. I’m a 500k and my friend is a 400k. While we didn’t get stellar seats mostly 200s a few 100s. We won all 9 shows each, and the chi n1/2 were at bottom of the priority list. Never ever happened before through last 11-12 years. We were lucky to win 2-3 shows a piece. FYSA only selected GA/Reserved.
    Post edited by jsilsby on
  • Options
    incognitonyincognitony KY Posts: 139
    edited May 2023

Maze1197 said:

I need night 2. Have something set up for night 1 only I think.
    Post edited by incognitony on
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,180
    MM73518 said:
    10 Club screws us again! I was never even notified that tickets were on sale for members!!!!!!!!  This fanclub sucks 
    I mean, they emailed all members and there were 8 million threads here about it.  We can complain about the draw execution but there was definitely notice.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Evel K said:
    bbiggs said:
    Did you check the side/ rear of stage option? Maybe after GA they pulled all Reserved Only, then GA/Reserved until all of those seats were filled. Now if you draw again for side/ rear stage options you could get a 3rd or higher priority win. Other factors could be duplicate credit cards or IP addresses that kick you from the system. Just speculating but this might end up on Unsolved Mysteries like Grand Rapids 06. I can tell from your "I'll be good" statement you'll find your way in. 
    I did not check Side/ Rear.  Only GA/ Reserved and Reserved Seating.  Definitely no credit card, IP address, multiple account, etc. issues.  Squeaky clean profile in that regard.  Being that my situation is not unique, it appears to be more of a systemic issue with 10C/ TM for this lottery.  I'm fortunate to have friends that will allow me to get into the show regardless, but the issue is more widespread and hopefully something that is resolved for the next lottery.

• Options
    Usairborne4Usairborne4 Chicago Posts: 1
    JK274975 said:
    Anyone know how many members there are in the 10C ?
    I have been a club member for a really long time and my number is in the 700,000's.   And yes, I got nose bleed seats and behind the stage for Chicago...well at least that's what an email said.  No tix yet.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    JK274975 said:
    I have been a club member for a really long time and my number is in the 700,000's.   And yes, I got nose bleed seats and behind the stage for Chicago...well at least that's what an email said.  No tix yet.

How long? 700K is a high number 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    BRWilly said:
    mattcoz said:

PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:

What we've got here is... failure to communicate.
  • Options
    BarrygooseyBarrygoosey Posts: 41
    Just got an email saying everything should be sorted by Friday.
    I want to be clever, but I don't know how. 
  • Options
    CS6127CS6127 Plano, TX Posts: 33
    JK274975 said:

700k number?  Not throwing stones but that's not a long time.  Mine's low 100k
  • Options
    CS6127CS6127 Plano, TX Posts: 33
    wiscojam said:
    Sarava said:
    joe159 said:
    Sarava said:

Joined in 95 and I'm 125xxx
This discussion has been closed.