Options

Ten Club Presale Update

Comments

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    edited April 2023
    A ticket sale that has to issue tickets 3 times is an epic fail and an insult to the fan base. What about all the anxiety that accompanies this situation?
    I hear you. Despite some confusion, this whole situation is an epic improvement over the old days where we were mailing cash or money orders. Or even the Middle ages where we were paying money and didn't know where our seats were. I can wait a week or two or three. Not a big deal.
    Post edited by KV4053 on
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    A ticket sale that has to issue tickets 3 times is an epic fail and an insult to the fan base. What about all the anxiety that accompanies this situation?
    An insult? Don't be melodramatic, they didn't do this on purpose.
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 693
    L1quid said:
    The idea that Premium tickets subsidize $162 fanclub tickets is a joke.  Maybe I am just naive, but for multi nights runs the second (and beyond) nights are probably a lot cheaper to produce.  No additional travel, lighting and sound is already setup, etc.

So whats the profit margin if every seat in the house is $162?  Do they really need $1000 Officially Scalped tickets to make this worthwhile?

And didnt I see the Vitalogy Foundation donation is being added to the ticket prices instead of being paid out of them by the band?  A subtle but functional difference.
    You know the band has to pay the crew in full everyday there’s an off day too. Every crew member costs money on off days. Think about how much crew they have  
    Yep. Then think about the cost of venue, promoter, manager, roadies, lights and sound, hotels, hospitality, transportation etc. Think about how much a tour costs in gas alone. Or the TM fees. 
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,677
    edited April 2023
    I wonder if people will show up at the shows and have multiple people assigned to the same seat? 
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • Options
    have there been any rumors beyond "in the next week" with regard to timing for the seat reassignments?  I have no idea what to expect.  I'm a 2011 member, so while certainly not a low/desirable number, also not a complete newb.  My seats are terrible (both chicago nights), so I can't imagine they'll get worse.  maybe they'll get slightly better?
  • Options
    Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 220
    have there been any rumors beyond "in the next week" with regard to timing for the seat reassignments?  I have no idea what to expect.  I'm a 2011 member, so while certainly not a low/desirable number, also not a complete newb.  My seats are terrible (both chicago nights), so I can't imagine they'll get worse.  maybe they'll get slightly better?
    They’re likely going to get worse. The errors mentioned on the thread were those with numbers below 150xxx who ended up in 300s. So they’ll be moved down to 100s and the rest of us will move up. If your number is above 400xxx you’ll likely stay in the 300s and possibly move up a row or two.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,469
    I still have a request in "Request Received" status due to having to resubmit the request.  No idea when/if this would amount to tickets, even though I had confirmed seats the night before.  Not sure if I need to get involved in Verified Fan.   Ticketmaster is not responding. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    BT71946BT71946 Posts: 12
    edited April 2023
    @10C appreciate all that is being done, and though I'm pessimistic about anything TicketMaster and monopolizing any scenario to maximize their profits, knowing all that is PJ you'll make this right as best you can.
    That said the issue of not receiving confirmation emails both with signing up for the draw, and draw confirmations has not been addressed.
    Txs
  • Options
    Mrs_Eddie_VedderMrs_Eddie_Vedder Boston, MA Posts: 75
    Brisk. said:
    Anyone could score a 300 section ticket on a TM sale though.
    Exactly, I'm all about there being more Ten Club seats but the whole point of being in the club for me is to get priority seating. Could have scored nose bleeds with the general on-sale. 
    Not me, since I’m waitlist for verified fan. I’ll take the nosebleeds, although, yeah it isn’t ideal and not what we pay for. Better than nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️
    June 16, 2011 - EV in Boston
    September 2, 2012 - Made In America
    October 15, 2013 - Worcester I
    October 16, 2013 - Worcester II
    October 25, 2013 - Hartford
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
    August 5, 2016 - Fenway I
    August 7, 2016 - Fenway II
    September 25, 2016 - EV in NYC
  • Options
    Hopped Up said:
    They’re likely going to get worse. The errors mentioned on the thread were those with numbers below 150xxx who ended up in 300s. So they’ll be moved down to 100s and the rest of us will move up. If your number is above 400xxx you’ll likely stay in the 300s and possibly move up a row or two.
    Yeah, I'm expecting to move back to the 200 level unfortunately, but that's acceptable if it's because of the lower numbers getting their rightful seats.

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I still have a request in "Request Received" status due to having to resubmit the request.  No idea when/if this would amount to tickets, even though I had confirmed seats the night before.  Not sure if I need to get involved in Verified Fan.   Ticketmaster is not responding. 
    Somehow, I got em!  wow.  what a crazy ride. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Great. I was hoping it worked out for you. It would have been a travesty had it not.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Great. I was hoping it worked out for you. It would have been a travesty had it not.

Thanks!  Yeah, I know Ten Club always does a good job of taking care of its fans.  TM customer communications leave a lot to be desired, but at least the stars aligned and I got in. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    I was purchasing tickets for the Noblesville IN show and after going through the verified fan process, They were charging me $925.25 for each ticket.  I do not know if that was correct ( highly doubt it), but I have been a member for over 20 years and got lawn seats.  Has anyone else  seen prices that high?
    songs to hear
    it's ok
    thumbing my way
    who you are
    Sometimes
    off he goes
    6-24-03 columbus
    vfc 2004 toledo
    6-24-06 cimcinnati
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Heck yeah!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    I was purchasing tickets for the Noblesville IN show and after going through the verified fan process, They were charging me $925.25 for each ticket.  I do not know if that was correct ( highly doubt it), but I have been a member for over 20 years and got lawn seats.  Has anyone else  seen prices that high?
    If they were premium tickets that would likely be the correct price. Make sure to uncheck that box so you don't accidentally buy those unless you want them.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    If they were premium tickets that would likely be the correct price. Make sure to uncheck that box so you don't accidentally buy those unless you want them.

Thank you .  I must of hit something wrong, ended up with the lawn seats.   
    songs to hear
    it's ok
    thumbing my way
    who you are
    Sometimes
    off he goes
    6-24-03 columbus
    vfc 2004 toledo
    6-24-06 cimcinnati
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Fantastic news good for you 😃
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    That's the "premium" pricing. Go to filters and uncheck that option to show only the standard priced tickets. There might not be many, if any, left though.
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    That's the "premium" pricing. Go to filters and uncheck that option to show only the standard priced tickets. There might not be many, if any, left though.
    I tried, all were gone!!
    songs to hear
    it's ok
    thumbing my way
    who you are
    Sometimes
    off he goes
    6-24-03 columbus
    vfc 2004 toledo
    6-24-06 cimcinnati
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    I tried, all were gone!!
    Not surprising. Sorry.

• Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    maybe these guys should just do a real US tour. 30-40 dates over the course of a summer. 
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Fantastic news good for you 😃
    Thanks!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 128
    ewokpelts said:
    maybe these guys should just do a real US tour. 30-40 dates over the course of a summer. 
    Think Eddie's voice is up for that?
  • Options
    CH139159CH139159 Posts: 50
    L1quid said:
    The idea that Premium tickets subsidize $162 fanclub tickets is a joke.  Maybe I am just naive, but for multi nights runs the second (and beyond) nights are probably a lot cheaper to produce.  No additional travel, lighting and sound is already setup, etc.

So whats the profit margin if every seat in the house is $162?  Do they really need $1000 Officially Scalped tickets to make this worthwhile?

And didnt I see the Vitalogy Foundation donation is being added to the ticket prices instead of being paid out of them by the band?  A subtle but functional difference.
    You know the band has to pay the crew in full everyday there’s an off day too. Every crew member costs money on off days. Think about how much crew they have  
    Yep. Then think about the cost of venue, promoter, manager, roadies, lights and sound, hotels, hospitality, transportation etc. Think about how much a tour costs in gas alone. Or the TM fees. 
    Yes, how will Eddie and the boys survive on $162.83 tickets alone? LMAO. They make enough money on their merch to fully fund their tour. You ever been to Wrigley and watched how much merch is sold? Sit back and watch some time. 

Good to see Eddie and Bruce and the like fully engaging in capitalism though. Nothing like lying in bed with Ticketbastard who they railed against years ago. LOLOLOL.
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 693
    edited April 2023
    CH139159 said:
    L1quid said:

Yes, how will Eddie and the boys survive on $162.83 tickets alone? LMAO. They make enough money on their merch to fully fund their tour. You ever been to Wrigley and watched how much merch is sold? Sit back and watch some time. 

Good to see Eddie and Bruce and the like fully engaging in capitalism though. Nothing like lying in bed with Ticketbastard who they railed against years ago. LOLOLOL.
    How much of that $162 do you think they net? How much is too much for them to earn then? 

Merch, like everything else, is part of equation. But if you think thats enough to offset the entire tour then I got a bridge to sell you. 
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    I think the updates from Ten Club have been great. Transparency and timely updates always help no matter what the situation, and to hear Ten Club has gotten an even bigger allotment of seats is the best news possible. 
    Eventually people land on any ticket is better than no ticket, and a ticket via fan club presale eliminates any worries around getting the verified fan pre sale code and going through that whole process too. 
    All in all, this is a big positive.  
    When the concerts happen, nobody is going to remember or care if their seat assignments changed once or twice.  What will matter is being present in the venue and hearing the best band on the planet play music live.   
  • Options
    lazyjc22 said:
    ewokpelts said:
    Think Eddie's voice is up for that?
    roger daltrey is 75 and still does it.
  • Options
    maverick said:
    I think the updates from Ten Club have been great. Transparency and timely updates always help no matter what the situation, and to hear Ten Club has gotten an even bigger allotment of seats is the best news possible. 
    Eventually people land on any ticket is better than no ticket, and a ticket via fan club presale eliminates any worries around getting the verified fan pre sale code and going through that whole process too. 
    When the concerts happen, nobody is going to remember or care if their seat assignments changed once or twice.  What will matter is being present in the venue and hearing the best band on the planet play music live.   
    no. not really. i'm still pissed they reassigned me AND charged my card twice. and that my original seats are $1000 on ticketmaster as "PJ premium".
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    ewokpelts said:
    maverick said:
    no. not really. i'm still pissed they reassigned me AND charged my card twice. and that my original seats are $1000 on ticketmaster as "PJ premium".
    Yup there's a lot of apologists on here.. Things are not as transparent as they want you to believe and a lot of people are getting either screwed on tickets or screwed financially 
This discussion has been closed.