Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    After being involved in the U2 presale today, I can say the Pearl Jam fiasco was gentle by comparison. Unlike Pearl Jam, U2 is allowing a really gross cash group. Crap seats are running $850 a pop or more right now. 

At least I scored tickets for Explosions in the Sky in New Haven. 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,422
    edited April 2023

So because we are loyal 10C members, and Ticketmaster wants to elicit the highest profits they can, prime seats are not being released to 10C members and being reserved for Ticketmaster sales which they can they control both the initial sale and any re-sale on their marketplace.  I see how this works, pure corporate greed and ineptitude.  
    I'm gonna be that guy and say it's deeply hypocritical for the band to abide by this fucking over of the fans 
    If you think about it, they found a way to get die hard fans to commit to buying seats without knowing where they will be, and then giving the majority of them sub standard seats a casual fan would never pay for.  It's sort of unbelievable to think this would so easily work, but it does, because as many of us have said, "I am just happy to be in the building" ..... I mean who else would commit money to tickets without knowing where the tickets will be? 
    On top of that we now have to put GA/RES together not even allowing us to opt out of a chance at a ticket thats in the nosebleeds. 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    edited April 2023
    Stoj said:

The ticket reshuffling will continue until morale improves.
    I immediately went to click the heart emoji. 
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    Kevinman said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Oh look at this!
    "We also want to address fan frustration about Ten Club tickets being located in higher levels of the venues compared to prior tours. We are committed to getting more inventory into the hands of Ten Club members and the only way to add more tickets is to go higher up. As a result of this additional inventory, we were able to allocate more tickets to Ten Club members than on any previous arena tour."
    They made this really clear in the announcement and FAQ, but when I pointed it out the usual suspects here all told me I was an idiot and a newb and a moron because the plain text obviously didn't say what it actually said. I was definitely misinterpreting it! Now they say clearly and officially, AGAIN, that this is exactly what's happening. 
    I won't hold my breath for apologies form the six of you sad sacks that know who you are. 
    Nobody should of been arguing against that. They did the same last tour with plenty of seats going out in the uppers. It was the low 10C seniority that was being placed up there that was the issue. And that is being corrected like it should be.
    Still doesn't fix the priority 1s that didn't win when lower priorities won
    No offense, but they obviously changed how priority works. They changed the official language around it for a reason. Why keep beating a dead horse? Lobby 10C if you think it's not right. Posting here over and over that it was "broken" and needs to be "fixed" is just a waste of your energy, it couldn't possibly be any more clear that they intentionally changed it. 
    Priority worked like it was supposed to for GA. Why are you ignoring this. RES was broken. 
    Sigh. You're asserting that with no evidence. It's entirely possible that the same process is used for both but because of all the variables involved, GA ended up working out something closer to how things used to work. Thousands about thousands of people went through this process and we have self-reported data for a few dozen of them. We can't possibly make assertions like the one you're making. It's nonsense.
    You can't debunk it either, so why do you keep insisting on it?
    I'm not going to try to talk to you about proving a negative and the onus of evidence again. Sorry. You don't actually want to hear anything, you just want to posture and attack. Enjoy. 
    The "onus of evidence" is literally "PearlJamDude10" or "I'm Alive" or "MikeRocks" tossing complete speculation out there with literally zero iota as to the answer of:  why.  That's not posturing or attacking nor is it being crazy - they simply want to know why they've paid their membership fees for this very opportunity & the priority didn't work as intended.
    LOL you did it again! You're assuming "priority didn't work as intended" when, in fact, literally the *only* two things we know about priority are:

1. that they changed the official language around it, drastically.
    2. It did not seem to work the way it used to/people think it will. 

These two facts combined clearly point to the inference that the way it is "intended" to work has been changed.
    No where did they state that priority changed to the tune of:  You may not get Priority one but someone with Priority 7 or 8 - with the same seat selections - may get seats.
    Very simple question that could be answered.
    I'm done here - you're wanting to continue to toss old very odd suggestions;  folks are just simply trying to get an answer to something they put money into and obviously very clearly didn't work as intended.
    Lol, so because they didn't explain what it changed *to*, you refuse to accept their clear statement that it changed. I don't know how some people get through life. It must be a struggle. 
    Ahhh, yes - pre-pubescent insults.  I don't know how people get through life being as obviously miserable as you appear to be.
    It's a very simple question that anyone can answer - how did someone who has paid their membership fees not get Priority 1 when people got them at Priority 7/8;  why even have a priority based on numerical value at that point?
    Go ahead, pal - have the last word.  We all know you so desperately wish that to be the case.
    Once again, it's been explained over and over that there is more than one way for priority to work, with examples, including examples from other fan clubs. Enjoy your choice to live in ignorance. I find learning much more enjoyable.  B)
    Except that whole fact the "language" never changed. I choose to my live my life in actual facts & then facts aren't present... actually learning why something is so.  I know, novel, eh?
    LAST WORD GUY!  Go for it!
    The language is pretty vague IMO. Works for both a same priority draw and an NBA more chances draw among ALL. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    After being involved in the U2 presale today, I can say the Pearl Jam fiasco was gentle by comparison. Unlike Pearl Jam, U2 is allowing a really gross cash group. Crap seats are running $850 a pop or more right now. 

Nobody and I mean NOBODY should be surprised by the U2 Vegas cash grab. 
    That production is not cheap and if U2 is known for one thing beyond their music it's  the over the top concert production.
    Imagine how much less expensive their tickets would be if they stuck to a simple production  like PJ.
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 836
    This is gonna be bad.  Woo hoo 10C is fixing an error for 2%!  The premium is the real issue.  "They took our jobs, err seats" 
    Unless premium is gone or diminished to at least the level of 2022 I fear this club is dead.  I love the band and I try to be a happy to be there guy, but we all know that we are in this club because they have consistently given us GREAT seats.  Personally I've done great with a 420xxx.  Those days are done if premium continues.  Sad.
    It seems Ticketmaster finally killed Pearl Jam.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Glad to see them throw a statement out there and bring transparency around the situation. This has been one hell of a moving train and they've identified issues.

I'm guessing there's a greater chance I'll be moving back to allow some of the lower #s come back down from the 300 level, but at least we know a few things:
    - Demand was crazy
    - They truly got a ton of tickets to be seating people in the uppers
    - Whatever they do won't be good enough to appease some people, so likely a few less people in front of you in priority next go around

So because we are loyal 10C members, and Ticketmaster wants to elicit the highest profits they can, prime seats are not being released to 10C members and being reserved for Ticketmaster sales which they can they control both the initial sale and any re-sale on their marketplace.  I see how this works, pure corporate greed and ineptitude.  
    I'm gonna be that guy and say it's deeply hypocritical for the band to abide by this fucking over of the fans 
    You have to consider the options though. It all just becomes a formula. No premium pricing? The Band, the venue/TM their cut/amount doesn't budge. They just back out how to get there. 

No premium pricing? Then we have these options or a combo

1. Higher overall tickets for all seats
    2. Less fan club seats?
    3. Less profit? 
    4. No ticketmaster = no venues 
    Now that Ten Club has reached out to confirm they’re in the process of fixing this, looking forward to continue the discussion about subs
    We're on dogs now. Keep up.
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    YAKIMATSU said:
    This is gonna be bad.  Woo hoo 10C is fixing an error for 2%!  The premium is the real issue.  "They took our jobs, err seats" 
    Unless premium is gone or diminished to at least the level of 2022 I fear this club is dead.  I love the band and I try to be a happy to be there guy, but we all know that we are in this club because they have consistently given us GREAT seats.  Personally I've done great with a 420xxx.  Those days are done if premium continues.  Sad.
    Go ahead quit….you’re only slightly better than I but closer is closer.  This club will never die.  Never.  Some in the club since the very beginning and haven’t wavered.  

• So because we are loyal 10C members, and Ticketmaster wants to elicit the highest profits they can, prime seats are not being released to 10C members and being reserved for Ticketmaster sales which they can they control both the initial sale and any re-sale on their marketplace.  I see how this works, pure corporate greed and ineptitude.  
    If you think about it, they found a way to get die hard fans to commit to buying seats without knowing where they will be, and then giving the majority of them sub standard seats a casual fan would never pay for.  It's sort of unbelievable to think this would so easily work, but it does, because as many of us have said, "I am just happy to be in the building" ..... I mean who else would commit money to tickets without knowing where the tickets will be? 
    I'd be willing to pay more for better seats... if that's the game, just tell me the rules and I'll play by them.  Don't lead us along into believing that being in 10C will get you the best seats in the house.  I for one am not happy to just be in the building, in some of the worst seats in the house for that matter.  At this point in my life, I want to enjoy a show in the pit or lower pavilion.  Anything less and frankly I'd rather stay home.
  • jromejrome Posts: 69
    Sleight of Hand
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    lol what a mess
    YAKIMATSU said:
    The bands have to sign off on this. So, if your POV is correct, PJ killed PJ.

I'd be willing to pay more for better seats... if that's the game, just tell me the rules and I'll play by them.  Don't lead us along into believing that being in 10C will get you the best seats in the house.  I for one am not happy to just be in the building, in some of the worst seats in the house for that matter.  At this point in my life, I want to enjoy a show in the pit or lower pavilion.  Anything less and frankly I'd rather stay home.
    There would be a riot about prices. People complain a lot about prices as is!
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    PJNB said:

On top of that we now have to put GA/RES together not even allowing us to opt out of a chance at a ticket thats in the nosebleeds. 
    Kind of understated how much this change plus sooo many 300s kills the value of a membership for new joiners and anyone with a say 500+ number. Don’t get me wrong a better chance of getting in the building it is still not nothing. But it’s a huge loss of membership value. 
  • BH304897BH304897 Posts: 137
    I mean I get it, do the right thing and try to make everything right………..but I’ve been doing the mental gymnastics to convince myself that I am lucky to get my seats for Chicago night 2 and now I’m going to have to do it all over again……..
  • chester0711chester0711 Posts: 65
    edited April 2023
    tschav said:
    Glad to see them throw a statement out there and bring transparency around the situation. This has been one hell of a moving train and they've identified issues.

I'm guessing there's a greater chance I'll be moving back to allow some of the lower #s come back down from the 300 level, but at least we know a few things:
    - Demand was crazy
    - Whatever they do won't be good enough to appease some people, so likely a few less people in front of you in priority next go around
    remember, its okay to be a fan of the bands music, and question what they are doing to the fans on the business end. Asking questions about the practice is a good thing.

If the band truly cared, they would book the whole joint from row 1 for fans, and then let the people not paying a Fan club premiums have the drippings. Also, requiring fan club to have a membership for at least 1 year woiuld be great too.  These seats arent free. if they give them away free or at a significantly discounted price.....by all means 300 level looks fine. But to take your money and then give you a seat miles away, just to "get you in the door"? thats just taking advantage of the fact that you are a fan.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    It's a business. They are a business. Platinum is part of the business. We are all entitled to criticize how the business is sometimes run. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited April 2023
    People have suggested fan club only shows for YEARS. Now they add more seats and they bitch about seat location. No win situation as usual.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287

Everyone in the DMB/Warehouse fan club for the last 25 years, also ran by TicketsToday.  So many similarities this year, but still a few differences.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,235
    People have suggested fan club only shows for YEARS. Now they add more seats and they bitch about seat location. No win situation as usual.
    We had every right to “bitch”. There was a mistake so seniority was not honored. Now thankfully 10c is making things right. Which I much appreciate 
  • JimmyV said:
    It's a business. They are a business. Platinum is part of the business. We are all entitled to criticize how the business is sometimes run. 
    Bingo. Pay us a yearly fee for the chance to enter a lottery once every few years to maybe get tickets to shows. Oh and by the way, if you don't pay us in non-touring years, your seats will be worse if you are lucky enough to get selected for the lottery. Oh and by the way, ticket prices are obscene and uniform across the entire venue. Please disregard what we said about TicketMaster in the 90s
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited April 2023

That process was so easy for me, and I was in the new Violet group.  Put in for tickets, got my first choice (4 x GA for 10/18), was notified last night and tickets were in my account before midnight.  $270 for U2 GA at that venue is downright reasonable.

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    tschav said:

- Demand was crazy
    remember, its okay to be a fan of the bands music, and question what they are doing to the fans on the business end. Asking questions about the practice is a good thing.

If the band truly cared, they would book the whole joint from row 1 for fans, and then let the people not paying a Fan club premiums have the drippings. Also, requiring fan club to have a membership for at least 1 year woiuld be great too.  These seats arent free. if they give them away free or at a significantly discounted price.....by all means 300 level looks fine. But to take your money and then give you a seat miles away, just to "get you in the door"? thats just taking advantage of the fact that you are a fan.
    This would be nice. They could also tier the pricing a bit. Still keep it reasonable for fan club members, but i'm not sure people in row 1 should be paying the same as people in nose bleeds. Although adding a pricing tier seems like an unreasonable request since they can't manage to get it right when all of the tix are the same price.
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,872
    I have missed 2600 notes since I was last here and I am not going to read them.  It may or may not have been stated, but we can now literally say:

Ticketsnextweek 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SlettelleirSlettelleir Posts: 108
    If they’re apparently going to move my seats a third damn time I better not get charged a third time.  This is truly insane.  
  • dmbolp said:

Everyone in the DMB/Warehouse fan club for the last 25 years, also ran by TicketsToday.  So many similarities this year, but still a few differences.
    Exactly, again, proving the "Fan Club" model works. Who else would put forth money blindly without knowing exactly what they are buying? Fan Club members. 
    Hey, I know you are a big fan, fork over $350 and I will get you and a friend tickets....oh, where are they? Not sure, but you'll get a ticket!

Who else would agree to this other those who have a blind love for the band??  
    JimmyV said:
    Bingo. Pay us a yearly fee for the chance to enter a lottery once every few years to maybe get tickets to shows. Oh and by the way, if you don't pay us in non-touring years, your seats will be worse if you are lucky enough to get selected for the lottery. Oh and by the way, ticket prices are obscene and uniform across the entire venue. Please disregard what we said about TicketMaster in the 90s
    If you think the ticket prices are obscene you are in for major sticker shock for other bands. 
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    If they’re apparently going to move my seats a third damn time I better not get charged a third time.  This is truly insane.  
    That's my biggest concern right now