Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    I can only hope the actual shows are this energetic, passionate, and chaotic (without the negative experiences of course). 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    BRWilly said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

100% agree. The entitlement associated with so many of these posts is really gross. It seems like most people got into the band when they were 15 or 16 and still act like teenagers when things don’t go their way. 

It’s a concert - either you got tickets or you didn’t, and when you enter a lottery you don’t get to pick your seat. It’s part of the game and always has been. Getting a ticket to a show has never been a guaranteed part of the club membership, but so many people on here are acting like it’s their birthright to see this band every time they play. Wish you all could just chill. 
    Most of the people are aren’t complaining about not winning the lottery. It’s the people like 93xxx who has 300 level seats instead of 100 level when some guy who joined in 2015 has great seats who have a legitimate gripe. Your point is taken, but seniority isn’t being taken into account in some cases 
    Not to play Devil's advocate, but I think people have a legitimate gripe. One of the tenants of the 10C was that seating assignment is based upon membership. The lottery is one thing, either you get a ticket or you don't, and membership seniority has nothing to do with that selection. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, once you got selected for the lottery, your seats were ostensibly based upon your seniority in the fan club. It's one of the reasons we all continue to pay the membership fee.  For some reason, this tour, that is obviously not the case, and understandably some people are frustrated by that fact.  I don't think 10C intended that seat assignments to be completely random, but there's obviously been some sort of change or error that has not been adequately explained to 10C members. I think the fault lies directly at the feet of TM, but that's just me. 
    Yes they literally lay this out as a benefit of being a member and paying your dues.  How some people think that expecting to get what you pay for is crying is beyond me.  I think they have a serious hero worship complex.
    Exactly this. I mean words should have meaning right? We pay our increasing annual membership dues in exchange for a dwindling amount of benefits, one of the few remaining is supposedly seniority-based seating. The tour post by the band detailed how this was supposed to work for this tour (with seniority factored in), we made our purchase decisions, and then they didn't follow through on what we were told would be the process. But I'm not allowed to care?
    The sole benefit is having the chance to get tix at face value. Thats it. Thats what you pay for. The singles and t shirts are gone. If you expect more, need to adjust. Its changed and with that your expectations need to change too. 
    Where does it state that the benefit of having a membership is a chance at tickets for face value?
    Ten Club Membership Benefits:
    • Priority Ticketing - Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club strives to continually improve upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show. 
    Clearly states seniority based seating rewards and improving the ticketing program.  I don't see over paying for 300 level tickets anywhere in the benefits.
    One of the crazier parts of all of this screw up is the fact that TC tickets in different areas are all the same price. That's kind of wild. Why does a TC fan whatever their number is who gets 300 pay the same as a GA fan. FWIW i think 160 incl fees for GA is fine for this band at this point, but if you're selected for 300 you should pay $60-75 max

Yes I agree. good luck selling those $162 300 levels on F2F.  Had I put in and got $162 300 level seats I would be pissed.  I wouldn't pay that for GA personally.  I am hoping to pay 60-75 day of show to just get in the building and I will gladly pay that for a 300.  But as a dues paying member for an embarrassing 26 years paying $162 for a 300 level seat would be a complete slap in the face.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    MS149515 said:
    I can't stand the majority of people in this thread.

I initially got the 100 level sections in Chicago and then got reassigned to a 200 and 300 section. 

Guess what? I. DON'T. CARE. I don't have privilege, and the band and 10C owe me N-O-T-H-I-N-G, NOTHING!!!!!!! I'm grateful for the enjoyment that I get from what they create and that's the end of it. 

If you don't like what I said, go make your own. Go start your own band, write some amazing music, get famous, perform fan-club only shows and be the god of your own creation. It's pretty simple, isn't it?!? AMIRITE?!?! WHO'S WITH ME?!?

Barf, stop with the entitlement, you whiney toddlers. It's not about you!!!!!
    What he said.... sell the tickets in F2F if you think they're "beneath you" and stop the whining.. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,017
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

100% agree. The entitlement associated with so many of these posts is really gross. It seems like most people got into the band when they were 15 or 16 and still act like teenagers when things don’t go their way. 

It’s a concert - either you got tickets or you didn’t, and when you enter a lottery you don’t get to pick your seat. It’s part of the game and always has been. Getting a ticket to a show has never been a guaranteed part of the club membership, but so many people on here are acting like it’s their birthright to see this band every time they play. Wish you all could just chill. 
    Most of the people are aren’t complaining about not winning the lottery. It’s the people like 93xxx who has 300 level seats instead of 100 level when some guy who joined in 2015 has great seats who have a legitimate gripe. Your point is taken, but seniority isn’t being taken into account in some cases 
    Not to play Devil's advocate, but I think people have a legitimate gripe. One of the tenants of the 10C was that seating assignment is based upon membership. The lottery is one thing, either you get a ticket or you don't, and membership seniority has nothing to do with that selection. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, once you got selected for the lottery, your seats were ostensibly based upon your seniority in the fan club. It's one of the reasons we all continue to pay the membership fee.  For some reason, this tour, that is obviously not the case, and understandably some people are frustrated by that fact.  I don't think 10C intended that seat assignments to be completely random, but there's obviously been some sort of change or error that has not been adequately explained to 10C members. I think the fault lies directly at the feet of TM, but that's just me. 
    Yes they literally lay this out as a benefit of being a member and paying your dues.  How some people think that expecting to get what you pay for is crying is beyond me.  I think they have a serious hero worship complex.
    Exactly this. I mean words should have meaning right? We pay our increasing annual membership dues in exchange for a dwindling amount of benefits, one of the few remaining is supposedly seniority-based seating. The tour post by the band detailed how this was supposed to work for this tour (with seniority factored in), we made our purchase decisions, and then they didn't follow through on what we were told would be the process. But I'm not allowed to care?
    The sole benefit is having the chance to get tix at face value. Thats it. Thats what you pay for. The singles and t shirts are gone. If you expect more, need to adjust. Its changed and with that your expectations need to change too. 
    What part of "seniority-based seating" as literally spelled out in the Ten Club Membership Benefits do you not understand?
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    Doug87 said:
    BRWilly said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Where does it state that the benefit of having a membership is a chance at tickets for face value?
    • Priority Ticketing - Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club strives to continually improve upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show. 
    Clearly states seniority based seating rewards and improving the ticketing program.  I don't see over paying for 300 level tickets anywhere in the benefits.
    One of the crazier parts of all of this screw up is the fact that TC tickets in different areas are all the same price. That's kind of wild. Why does a TC fan whatever their number is who gets 300 pay the same as a GA fan. FWIW i think 160 incl fees for GA is fine for this band at this point, but if you're selected for 300 you should pay $60-75 max

Honestly it should be more than $160 for GA, Floor, and Lowers.

That's part of the problem.
    I fully support higher prices for better tickets and you can decide what price level you are in on.  But it should be known where the tickets are for the price level before you commit to it.  If i don't want to join the $400 GA lottery, fine, I can go for the $150 mid-tier ... or the $90 uppers.  Prob not a popular opinion but oh well.
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

On a base level. When you break it all down, that is the end all benefit. A chance for tix. 

Alternative: no tix and resale. 
    Wasn't an issue for Home/Away I don't believe.

Bigger issue is lack of dates, thus driving insane demand.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,120
    Vedd Hedd said:
    pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    Looks like I have to retract my kudos from earlier. This seems like a nightmare.
    As far as I can tell, nobody has received any actual denial emails yet, so we still need to wait for the dust to settle…but it seems like a truly phenomenal proportion of requests are going to end up being honored here for a US tour. Not to minimize peoples’ legitimate gripes - and I think they are legitimate - but it’s ironic that lottery that looks like it’s going to deliver tickets to almost everyone who asked for them is going to end up also being a huge clusterfuck that drains a bunch of goodwill. 
    If you have a 5 digit member number and wind up with seats in the 300 section of an arena you have a legitimate gripe
    If you won tickets yesterday, but got denied today because of their double charges, there is a legitimate gripe too. 

(Not just me, others had this problem)
    Holy crap...I missed that one. I'm sorry...that really sucks.
    static111 said:
    BRWilly said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Yes I agree. good luck selling those $162 300 levels on F2F.  Had I put in and got $162 300 level seats I would be pissed.  I wouldn't pay that for GA personally.  I am hoping to pay 60-75 day of show to just get in the building and I will gladly pay that for a 300.  But as a dues paying member for an embarrassing 26 years paying $162 for a 300 level seat would be a complete slap in the face.
    Those tickets will be snatched immiedately on F2F ... demand will far outpace supply even for $160 300-levels
    myoung321 said:
    MS149515 said:

I initially got the 100 level sections in Chicago and then got reassigned to a 200 and 300 section. 

Guess what? I. DON'T. CARE. I don't have privilege, and the band and 10C owe me N-O-T-H-I-N-G, NOTHING!!!!!!! I'm grateful for the enjoyment that I get from what they create and that's the end of it. 

If you don't like what I said, go make your own. Go start your own band, write some amazing music, get famous, perform fan-club only shows and be the god of your own creation. It's pretty simple, isn't it?!? AMIRITE?!?! WHO'S WITH ME?!?

What he said.... sell the tickets in F2F if you think they're "beneath you" and stop the whining.. 
    Good luck to anyone trying to sell $162 300 level seats.  It's insulting to even offer those tickets for that price with no warning to potential purchasers.
    Scio me nihil scire

Doug87 said:
    BRWilly said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

They would then need to create different tiers in the lottery, which I wouldn't mind, but would make this much more of a mess
    No different than Indy where Indy had lawn or Chicago with Side/Rear.

You participate in all drawings that you selected as acceptable.

GA, Reserved, and Lowest Tier,  in that order.
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    For $30 or whatever it is we pay, I'll take the opportunity to get first stab at tickets even if you whiff. Those who don't feel like $30 is worth the cost of a lottery ticket, I get it, but you don't have to pay it.

To me, it beats having to F5 the hell out of Ticketmaster when the public sale starts.

The F2F marketplace, once it opens, will allow those who don't like their seats to move up and those who didn't get in the building to get in the building.

As for seniority and seat locations, people have been bitching about that every tour for at least the past 25 years. There's probably more of that lately because there are far more fan club seats than there used to be. By sheer math, a lot more of them are going to be not as good as we're used to.
    Its a really good point. I'd be willing to bet there is more competition/members as well. More entries + more tickets = worse odds, seats, and definitely more complaints. Well not more. Thats always been consistent.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,121
    Was offline for awhile. Has Tim Bierman surfaced? Any response at all from 10c?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,017
    pjl44 said:
    You have to be pretty thick or willfully obtuse to not see what's going on and at least acknowledge "gee they didn't follow through on the benefit as it's offered"
    yup
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    static111 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Reassignments going out today? I don't have time to go through 1.6K new posts  =) What is the summary? Are people happy, pissed or both as per usual?
    Yesterday I had section 215 worse seats I’ve ever gotten through 10C after reassignment I got section 303 worse seats then yesterday 😳😳 and no I’m not happy to just be in the building I’ll see if my daughter wants to still go and if she wants to go with her best friend or if she wants me to then I’ll go! And that will surely be my last time I try for tickets for this band..
    When tickets go on sale to the general public see if tickets in your section are cheaper than the ten club rate.  I would never pay $160 for 300s in a general sale for any band.  I feel your pain and the high prices of late turned me off from even entering this time Jose.  Maybe you can request a refund.
    Believe me this is the last time I enter the lottery for tickets for this band I’m done won’t be renewing membership! Like Ed said “ This taste like a lollipop stuck in someone’s ass” 
    Remember 2006 in Grand Rapids? They basically started front row tix at 130xxx. Everyone lower was in the wings. I was 20 rows up on the side and higher numbers were front row center. I felt bad for my friend who thought we'd be in the first five rows. Next day I went to Cleveland with friends from work and two days later I was 4th row center at The Palace in Auburn Hills. The closest I'll ever get was 23 years ago and I'm good with that. I hope every person here gets to experience that feeling. Seriously,  keep your hands inside the ride until it comes to a complete stop.
    Things were different then
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Off topic a bit but I just saw that State Farm Arena in Atlanta is double booked on the 27th for the Hawks playoff game and a Janet Jackson concert 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Discopij said:
    Doug87 said:
    BRWilly said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

I fully support higher prices for better tickets and you can decide what price level you are in on.  But it should be known where the tickets are for the price level before you commit to it.  If i don't want to join the $400 GA lottery, fine, I can go for the $150 mid-tier ... or the $90 uppers.  Prob not a popular opinion but oh well.
    Would fully agree with that.

Definetely agree that should be known up front.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Well, you aren't overpaying, that's going to be the price for those tickets in the public sale too. But, I totally get that you keep paying your membership fees and go in on the lottery based on the benefit of seniority based seating and knowing you are supposed to get better seats than that. I would feel like I wasn't getting what I was promised too. For me though, getting GA just once is enough to justify years of membership. I've gotten GA four times now, so having not so great tickets sometimes is acceptable to me.

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    pjl44 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    Looks like I have to retract my kudos from earlier. This seems like a nightmare.
    As far as I can tell, nobody has received any actual denial emails yet, so we still need to wait for the dust to settle…but it seems like a truly phenomenal proportion of requests are going to end up being honored here for a US tour. Not to minimize peoples’ legitimate gripes - and I think they are legitimate - but it’s ironic that lottery that looks like it’s going to deliver tickets to almost everyone who asked for them is going to end up also being a huge clusterfuck that drains a bunch of goodwill. 
    If you have a 5 digit member number and wind up with seats in the 300 section of an arena you have a legitimate gripe
    If you won tickets yesterday, but got denied today because of their double charges, there is a legitimate gripe too. 

(Not just me, others had this problem)
    Holy crap...I missed that one. I'm sorry...that really sucks.
    I'm really hoping 10C can do something for those people and myself, but the response from TM was "Sorry".
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Anyone still waiting on new nobelsville seats? So far no refund has come out but haven’t heard anything 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    static111 said:
    myoung321 said:
    MS149515 said:

Good luck to anyone trying to sell $162 300 level seats.  It's insulting to even offer those tickets for that price with no warning to potential purchasers.
    What about this warning (which applies to me as a 404xxx but shouldn't apply to a 160xxx type person because the seniority should apply).  I knew what i was getting into even if it sucks:

In order to accommodate as many Ten Club members as we can, be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread farther back into the uppermost levels, and include some of the best seat locations in the house. 
    MS149515 said:

Does anyone have a false bill of goods to sell this person.  Seems like you could really make a good profit since they don't have privilege.  Apparently even if you were to spell out the terms of your agreement they would feel as if they were owed nothing.
    Scio me nihil scire

Discopij said:
    static111 said:
    BRWilly said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Those tickets will be snatched immiedately on F2F ... demand will far outpace supply even for $160 300-levels
    For Chicago, yes, which is likely why they shouldn't even be playing these shows at the UC or should have said you can only win one night, knowing that demand would be insane.

Sort of like the Swift issue, doesn't take a genius to see where this could go wrong based on the structure in place if not clearly using priority 1 before all else.
  • pjl44 said:
    You have to be pretty thick or willfully obtuse to not see what's going on and at least acknowledge "gee they didn't follow through on the benefit as it's offered"
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^willfully^^^^^^^^ 
  • mturnermturner Posts: 2
    I had resigned myself to the fact that this morning, with no email,  I didn’t get tickets but the first confirmation email came in with Chicago N1 section 309. I was bummed thinking that I got nosebleed seats and didn’t get my second pick which was Chi N2. Then about an hour later I got the notification that I got tickets for N2 and lo and behold the “Rear View Side View seats” paid off. Section 114! That makes up for the nosebleeds on N1!! Can’t wait!!! 
    I got almost the same sections using that strategy (requested N2 with the "Rear View Side View").  Just found the email in my spam from a few hours ago.  Resigned myself of no tix since I didn't get any emails from the initial presale request last Thursday, no $1 charge, etc.  See you on N2 in section 114!!   Disappointed in the 300-level N1 tix given my 10c seniority but reframing my thinking and now just thrilled to be going!

Question to anyone: this ticket re-assignment activity folks have been talking about.  Are you notified of the change or is it in an account somewhere?  My credit card has been charged for all the tickets but there is nothing in my TM or PJ accounts.  The email said that information would be coming later which is fine but how are people finding about the re-assignments? 
    MT - Chicago
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    static111 said:
    myoung321 said:
    MS149515 said:

When the alternative will be $1000 premium or resale it will be pretty easy. 
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 443
    static111 said:
    myoung321 said:
    MS149515 said:

I agree
  • mattcoz said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Well, you aren't overpaying, that's going to be the price for those tickets in the public sale too. But, I totally get that you keep paying your membership fees and go in on the lottery based on the benefit of seniority based seating and knowing you are supposed to get better seats than that. I would feel like I wasn't getting what I was promised too. For me though, getting GA just once is enough to justify years of membership. I've gotten GA four times now, so having not so great tickets sometimes is acceptable to me.

This all day. I’ve been paying dues for almost 20 years straight off and on from 93-03) just for the chance to get seats. Fenway 2016 I got blessed with 2nd row, dead center. They can have my dues for 10 more years and give me nothing just as a thank you for that night and experience. I pay for THE CHANCE. That’s it. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
    static111 said:
    myoung321 said:
    MS149515 said:

Not if people are patient/logical about it, which isn't a guarantee.

There are plenty of folks who think $150 + is absurd for the 300 level, myself included (not saying I wouldn't accept it, because I would).

I don't think these $1,000 platinums are going to go as they might think, could be wrong, but I don't think so.
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

I would not participate in a lottery where pulling $160 arena balcony seats was possible. If they ever decide to ditch seniority that's their prerogative. They just need to tell everyone before opening a ticket lottery.
    100 percent agree.  Had some of these things been communicated in advance I think many people wouldn't be so upset right now.  Additionally if people knew they could be paying $160 for upper balcony seats many people wouldn't have entered at all.  I am happy I didn't buy into this lottery and have no reason to be pissed off about all this.  From an outsider perspective this seems like the worst ticket fiasco in history.  

I still think postcards and money orders for one or 2 shows max was the best way that the ten club has ever done tickets.
    Scio me nihil scire

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,535
    I had resigned myself to the fact that this morning, with no email,  I didn’t get tickets but the first confirmation email came in with Chicago N1 section 309. I was bummed thinking that I got nosebleed seats and didn’t get my second pick which was Chi N2. Then about an hour later I got the notification that I got tickets for N2 and lo and behold the “Rear View Side View seats” paid off. Section 114! That makes up for the nosebleeds on N1!! Can’t wait!!! 
    Same boat. N1 is rough and N2 is a win for me 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024