Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    logan5ive said:
    I emailed the 10c yesterday about the possibility of the TX shows being redone ala StP, Chi, and Indy, and also why seat assignments don’t seem to be matching seniority. 

Their response:
    “ Ticketmaster is handling right now, more information will come. Thank you for your patience, we are responding to a high number of emails.”
    wait what????... so you're saying you think the 4 Texas shows are screwed up as well?  First I've heard of this... no email notifications to this being an issue.  (So Far)... I have several friends that scored FW and the assignments look fine when compared to their seniority... and have not seen any posts on this thread even concerning TX shows... Thinking maybe you just got a canned response due to the high number of emails they're receiving on the screwed up shows.. 
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    ZS55810 said:

100% agree. The entitlement associated with so many of these posts is really gross. It seems like most people got into the band when they were 15 or 16 and still act like teenagers when things don’t go their way. 

It’s a concert - either you got tickets or you didn’t, and when you enter a lottery you don’t get to pick your seat. It’s part of the game and always has been. Getting a ticket to a show has never been a guaranteed part of the club membership, but so many people on here are acting like it’s their birthright to see this band every time they play. Wish you all could just chill. 
    Teenagers is being too kind. Straight up babies. Spoiled entitled babies. I
    Spoiled, entitled babies because we want what we paid for as it has always been advertised?  What a joke of a comment.
    Want what you paid for? $30 average per year for say 30 years = $900. THAT gives you access to the best seats ALL THE TIME??? FOH
    Regardless of the cost that is actually part of the Ten Club benefits.  It's a legit gripe.

Ten Club Membership Benefits:

• Priority Ticketing - Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club strives to continually improve upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show. 
    It seems they have neither rewarded seniority nor improved upon their ticketing plan.  I have no horse in this race because $162 a ticket screamed highway robbery to me for what you get in return.  But the people complaining have a legitimate complaint.

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Avocado78Avocado78 Posts: 47
    THERES MADNESS EVERYWHERE
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    DEGBTI said:
    logan5ive said:
    I emailed the 10c yesterday about the possibility of the TX shows being redone ala StP, Chi, and Indy, and also why seat assignments don’t seem to be matching seniority. 

Their response:
    “ Ticketmaster is handling right now, more information will come. Thank you for your patience, we are responding to a high number of emails.”
    why do you feel they would have to redo Texas? I want aware anyone was having issues?
    If they did all the other shows wrong...

And, all the senior members getting Uppers
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    dmbolp said:
    DEGBTI said:
    logan5ive said:

Their response:
    why do you feel they would have to redo Texas? I want aware anyone was having issues?

Is this thing headed for a 3rd round of redoing across the board?

For Christ's sake, get a spreadsheet and make it work.

Folllow steps by step instructions.

Shouldn't be this damn difficult.
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

100% agree. The entitlement associated with so many of these posts is really gross. It seems like most people got into the band when they were 15 or 16 and still act like teenagers when things don’t go their way. 

It’s a concert - either you got tickets or you didn’t, and when you enter a lottery you don’t get to pick your seat. It’s part of the game and always has been. Getting a ticket to a show has never been a guaranteed part of the club membership, but so many people on here are acting like it’s their birthright to see this band every time they play. Wish you all could just chill. 
    Most of the people are aren’t complaining about not winning the lottery. It’s the people like 93xxx who has 300 level seats instead of 100 level when some guy who joined in 2015 has great seats who have a legitimate gripe. Your point is taken, but seniority isn’t being taken into account in some cases 
    Not to play Devil's advocate, but I think people have a legitimate gripe. One of the tenants of the 10C was that seating assignment is based upon membership. The lottery is one thing, either you get a ticket or you don't, and membership seniority has nothing to do with that selection. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, once you got selected for the lottery, your seats were ostensibly based upon your seniority in the fan club. It's one of the reasons we all continue to pay the membership fee.  For some reason, this tour, that is obviously not the case, and understandably some people are frustrated by that fact.  I don't think 10C intended that seat assignments to be completely random, but there's obviously been some sort of change or error that has not been adequately explained to 10C members. I think the fault lies directly at the feet of TM, but that's just me. 
    Yes they literally lay this out as a benefit of being a member and paying your dues.  How some people think that expecting to get what you pay for is crying is beyond me.  I think they have a serious hero worship complex.
    Exactly this. I mean words should have meaning right? We pay our increasing annual membership dues in exchange for a dwindling amount of benefits, one of the few remaining is supposedly seniority-based seating. The tour post by the band detailed how this was supposed to work for this tour (with seniority factored in), we made our purchase decisions, and then they didn't follow through on what we were told would be the process. But I'm not allowed to care?
    The sole benefit is having the chance to get tix at face value. Thats it. Thats what you pay for. The singles and t shirts are gone. If you expect more, need to adjust. Its changed and with that your expectations need to change too. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 962
    dmbolp said:
    DEGBTI said:
    logan5ive said:

Their response:

is that what happened in texas? first I heard that
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,120
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Most of the people are aren’t complaining about not winning the lottery. It’s the people like 93xxx who has 300 level seats instead of 100 level when some guy who joined in 2015 has great seats who have a legitimate gripe. Your point is taken, but seniority isn’t being taken into account in some cases 
    Not to play Devil's advocate, but I think people have a legitimate gripe. One of the tenants of the 10C was that seating assignment is based upon membership. The lottery is one thing, either you get a ticket or you don't, and membership seniority has nothing to do with that selection. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, once you got selected for the lottery, your seats were ostensibly based upon your seniority in the fan club. It's one of the reasons we all continue to pay the membership fee.  For some reason, this tour, that is obviously not the case, and understandably some people are frustrated by that fact.  I don't think 10C intended that seat assignments to be completely random, but there's obviously been some sort of change or error that has not been adequately explained to 10C members. I think the fault lies directly at the feet of TM, but that's just me. 
    Yes they literally lay this out as a benefit of being a member and paying your dues.  How some people think that expecting to get what you pay for is crying is beyond me.  I think they have a serious hero worship complex.
    Exactly this. I mean words should have meaning right? We pay our increasing annual membership dues in exchange for a dwindling amount of benefits, one of the few remaining is supposedly seniority-based seating. The tour post by the band detailed how this was supposed to work for this tour (with seniority factored in), we made our purchase decisions, and then they didn't follow through on what we were told would be the process. But I'm not allowed to care?
    The sole benefit is having the chance to get tix at face value. Thats it. Thats what you pay for. The singles and t shirts are gone. If you expect more, need to adjust. Its changed and with that your expectations need to change too. 
    That's not it as is spelled out in black and white. Whether they've implemented a system that delivers the benefit is what's being argued 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,084
    pjl44 said:
    Looks like I have to retract my kudos from earlier. This seems like a nightmare.
    As far as I can tell, nobody has received any actual denial emails yet, so we still need to wait for the dust to settle…but it seems like a truly phenomenal proportion of requests are going to end up being honored here for a US tour. Not to minimize peoples’ legitimate gripes - and I think they are legitimate - but it’s ironic that lottery that looks like it’s going to deliver tickets to almost everyone who asked for them is going to end up also being a huge clusterfuck that drains a bunch of goodwill. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • MS149515MS149515 Posts: 192
    I can't stand the majority of people in this thread.

I initially got the 100 level sections in Chicago and then got reassigned to a 200 and 300 section. 

Guess what? I. DON'T. CARE. I don't have privilege, and the band and 10C owe me N-O-T-H-I-N-G, NOTHING!!!!!!! I'm grateful for the enjoyment that I get from what they create and that's the end of it. 

If you don't like what I said, go make your own. Go start your own band, write some amazing music, get famous, perform fan-club only shows and be the god of your own creation. It's pretty simple, isn't it?!? AMIRITE?!?! WHO'S WITH ME?!?

Barf, stop with the entitlement, you whiney toddlers. It's not about you!!!!!
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Where does it state that the benefit of having a membership is a chance at tickets for face value?
    • Priority Ticketing - Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club strives to continually improve upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show. 
    Clearly states seniority based seating rewards and improving the ticketing program.  I don't see over paying for 300 level tickets anywhere in the benefits.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    For $30 or whatever it is we pay, I'll take the opportunity to get first stab at tickets even if you whiff. Those who don't feel like $30 is worth the cost of a lottery ticket, I get it, but you don't have to pay it.

To me, it beats having to F5 the hell out of Ticketmaster when the public sale starts.

The F2F marketplace, once it opens, will allow those who don't like their seats to move up and those who didn't get in the building to get in the building.

As for seniority and seat locations, people have been bitching about that every tour for at least the past 25 years. There's probably more of that lately because there are far more fan club seats than there used to be. By sheer math, a lot more of them are going to be not as good as we're used to.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Now that I know I have tickets, decided to check out the opener, and damn they're actually really good. Definitely gonna be in my seats for them.
    You have to be pretty thick or willfully obtuse to not see what's going on and at least acknowledge "gee they didn't follow through on the benefit as it's offered"
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I think they do it in phases, have to wait for all cards to clear, time has to allow for re-inputs.  they see what they left with and those go to phase two.  explains such long wait for trailing and no final emails.  my indy pick 2 is still showing unfulfilled. 
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • EEEDEC04EEEDEC04 Posts: 112
    ***Please provide feedback for piece of mind: My only selected show was Indy. I was given reserved seats with 488xxx.
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    Looks like I have to retract my kudos from earlier. This seems like a nightmare.
    As far as I can tell, nobody has received any actual denial emails yet, so we still need to wait for the dust to settle…but it seems like a truly phenomenal proportion of requests are going to end up being honored here for a US tour. Not to minimize peoples’ legitimate gripes - and I think they are legitimate - but it’s ironic that lottery that looks like it’s going to deliver tickets to almost everyone who asked for them is going to end up also being a huge clusterfuck that drains a bunch of goodwill. 
    If you have a 5 digit member number and wind up with seats in the 300 section of an arena you have a legitimate gripe
  • BRWillyBRWilly Posts: 81
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Where does it state that the benefit of having a membership is a chance at tickets for face value?
    Clearly states seniority based seating rewards and improving the ticketing program.  I don't see over paying for 300 level tickets anywhere in the benefits.
    One of the crazier parts of all of this screw up is the fact that TC tickets in different areas are all the same price. That's kind of wild. Why does a TC fan whatever their number is who gets 300 pay the same as a GA fan. FWIW i think 160 incl fees for GA is fine for this band at this point, but if you're selected for 300 you should pay $60-75 max

Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23
    Philadelphia 9/7/24
    Baltimore 9/12/24

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    DEGBTI said:
    dmbolp said:
    DEGBTI said:
    logan5ive said:

Their response:

is that what happened in texas? first I heard that
    I haven't heard one thing about TX shows having issues... there are always a few people that complain when they didn't get what they expected.. I'm guessing its that or else there would be a ton of posts, like we see for Chicago.. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 962
    edited April 2023
    MS149515 said:

I initially got the 100 level sections in Chicago and then got reassigned to a 200 and 300 section. 

Guess what? I. DON'T. CARE. I don't have privilege, and the band and 10C owe me N-O-T-H-I-N-G, NOTHING!!!!!!! I'm grateful for the enjoyment that I get from what they create and that's the end of it. 

If you don't like what I said, go make your own. Go start your own band, write some amazing music, get famous, perform fan-club only shows and be the god of your own creation. It's pretty simple, isn't it?!? AMIRITE?!?! WHO'S WITH ME?!?

cool
    Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 836
    MS149515 said:

+1 Nicely said.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    BRWilly said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

One of the crazier parts of all of this screw up is the fact that TC tickets in different areas are all the same price. That's kind of wild. Why does a TC fan whatever their number is who gets 300 pay the same as a GA fan. FWIW i think 160 incl fees for GA is fine for this band at this point, but if you're selected for 300 you should pay $60-75 max

Honestly it should be more than $160 for GA, Floor, and Lowers.

That's part of the problem.
    pjl44 said:
    You have to be pretty thick or willfully obtuse to not see what's going on and at least acknowledge "gee they didn't follow through on the benefit as it's offered"
    No question - it’s very clear that the seating assignments were fucked up. It also seems to me like, after realizing there was a problem yesterday, for whatever reason they decided that the best or only way to go was to plow forward with assigning seats randomly (or at least not by seniority) and take the heat for it. 

I think the only real area of dispute is “how mad should you be about this”, which is a dumb thing to fight about IMO. People didn’t get nothing (most people anyway), but they didn’t get what they were told they’d get, and they can go ahead and be as pissed about that as they want. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • dmbolp said:
    Where is the best explanation of the Premium Seat process?  I’m guessing they are closer to stage in Indy but at what price?  Double?

Ed and the Earthings had $800+ Premium tickets
    Got it. Thanks. There are many who have ‘season tickets’ in Indy. With the season tix, all of the 10c scoring some type of ticket and with premium, I’d guess there will be very few left over for the Verified fan
    There will be practically nothing for Verified fans. I'll bet 150-300 tixs TOTAL for each show. If you aren't 75-50 in line your chances will be nill. Just saying.  
    and yet, the number of fans that are verified will be exponentially higher... oh guess what, there will be premium / platinum tix available as well!
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    If you have a 5 digit member number and wind up with seats in the 300 section of an arena you have a legitimate gripe
    If you won tickets yesterday, but got denied today because of their double charges, there is a legitimate gripe too. 

(Not just me, others had this problem)
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Avocado78Avocado78 Posts: 47
    Pure bedlam
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

On a base level. When you break it all down, that is the end all benefit. A chance for tix. 

Alternative: no tix and resale. 
    pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    I agree completely. 
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

I would not participate in a lottery where pulling $160 arena balcony seats was possible. If they ever decide to ditch seniority that's their prerogative. They just need to tell everyone before opening a ticket lottery.
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    Doug87 said:
    BRWilly said:
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Honestly it should be more than $160 for GA, Floor, and Lowers.

That's part of the problem.
    They would then need to create different tiers in the lottery, which I wouldn't mind, but would make this much more of a mess