Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Can anyone more familiar with the Xcel energy in St Paul help me out as far as what seats are better between section 111  row 21 and section 203 row 7? 

My thoughts are the 203 even though its higher is a better view? I'm a concert newbie, so if this is a stupid question forgive me.
    http://seatviewer.xcelenergycenter.com/#seats/map
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Posts: 682
    dmbolp said:
    jazzbo26 said:
    JM144705 said:
    Don’t forget to be kind and go to Ticketmaster to edit your verification choices for show(s) you won opening up more codes for people who didn’t win the ten club sale. 
    Does anyone know how to do this? All I got was an email saying I’m registered and will get more info on 4/27. Don’t see anything in my TM account either.
    e-mails will be sent tomorrow/THUR to those who get verified, not a guarantee
    Sorry what I meant was I want to take myself out of the running so I don’t take a VF spot from someone else. I got the tix I wanted through the 10C lottery.
  • Avocado78Avocado78 Posts: 47
    BREAKING
    Friend just received both shows for St. Paul. 

• Zod said:
    I'm wondering if something happened with the way the preferences ran yesterday, and the band/TM tried to resolve it by allocating more tickets to the fan club.  It would explain all the people scoring tickets after not winning.  It could also mean there won't be much left for the verified fan (public) onsale.
    This is my thought as well. And unfortunately, doing so pushed long time fans back. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• paylingpayling Posts: 338
    Got both Chicago shows today -went 6 for 6 in the lottery
    PA
  • djdubaydjdubay Posts: 6
    Got seats yesterday for both STP.  No email yet today.

• dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    edited April 2023
    Zod said:
    dmbolp said:
    Zod said:
    I'm wondering if something happened with the way the preferences ran yesterday, and the band/TM tried to resolve it by allocating more tickets to the fan club.  It would explain all the people scoring tickets after not winning.  It could also mean there won't be much left for the verified fan (public) onsale.
    I've read more posts of people getting new/worse seats than getting new/good seats
    That's not exactly what I meant.   I meant people lost the lotto yesterday, then won it today.   But I don't think people who won, ended up losing. So the only way to do that would of been to pull more tickets from the public pool of tickets to allocate to the 10c.  A bandaid because something went awry with the preferences yesterday.

I could mean the allocation to 10c members is really high now if that's the solution they worked out for the lotto not working as intended (in addition to redoing seat location).   Could also explain all the further back seats, as this might have caused there to be way more 10c members than normal, pushing people much further back than.

It probably means there won't be much for tickets in the public onsale.
    I don't think anyone "lost" yesterday, 10C just never completed some of the shows, amoungst many other errors.  Folks who didn't get confirmed yesterday may have assumed they lost.  And 10C had already said that seats will go into the Uppers.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    This thread has 322k views in less than a week

New Forum record?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • ZS55810 said:

100% agree. The entitlement associated with so many of these posts is really gross. It seems like most people got into the band when they were 15 or 16 and still act like teenagers when things don’t go their way. 

It’s a concert - either you got tickets or you didn’t, and when you enter a lottery you don’t get to pick your seat. It’s part of the game and always has been. Getting a ticket to a show has never been a guaranteed part of the club membership, but so many people on here are acting like it’s their birthright to see this band every time they play. Wish you all could just chill. 
    Most of the people are aren’t complaining about not winning the lottery. It’s the people like 93xxx who has 300 level seats instead of 100 level when some guy who joined in 2015 has great seats who have a legitimate gripe. Your point is taken, but seniority isn’t being taken into account in some cases 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,084

One thing that’s made me chuckle to myself today is the thought of somehow getting backstage, maybe 2-3 beers deep and trying to explain this whole disaster to a member of the band. You’d sound like a fucking lunatic. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    dmbolp said:
    Where is the best explanation of the Premium Seat process?  I’m guessing they are closer to stage in Indy but at what price?  Double?

Ed and the Earthings had $800+ Premium tickets
    Truth. I'd also add they were face value at the time of show. At least in my city. 
  • ZS55810 said:

100% agree. The entitlement associated with so many of these posts is really gross. It seems like most people got into the band when they were 15 or 16 and still act like teenagers when things don’t go their way. 

It’s a concert - either you got tickets or you didn’t, and when you enter a lottery you don’t get to pick your seat. It’s part of the game and always has been. Getting a ticket to a show has never been a guaranteed part of the club membership, but so many people on here are acting like it’s their birthright to see this band every time they play. Wish you all could just chill. 
    Preach. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
    dmbolp said:
    Where is the best explanation of the Premium Seat process?  I’m guessing they are closer to stage in Indy but at what price?  Double?

Ed and the Earthings had $800+ Premium tickets
    Got it. Thanks. There are many who have ‘season tickets’ in Indy. With the season tix, all of the 10c scoring some type of ticket and with premium, I’d guess there will be very few left over for the Verified fan
    There will be practically nothing for Verified fans. I'll bet 150-300 tixs TOTAL for each show. If you aren't 75-50 in line your chances will be nill. Just saying.  
    JimmyV said:
    So, with the dust settling...

Did anyone in Chicago have seats get better?
    Did anyone score 100/200 level seats today? 
    Yes and yes. I went from having no tixs to having tixs in the 200 level. 
  • fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    Anyone getting Confirmed for Indiana or is that over and done at this point
    think I'll throw these pills away...
    ZS55810 said:

Teenagers is being too kind. Straight up babies. Spoiled entitled babies. I
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    After reading about how tickets are being handled (I’m on the East Coast and can’t travel), I’m wondering if I should finally let my Ten Club membership finally lapse next week when it’s time to renew. Looks like there are no benefits to seniority any longer. 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    ZS55810 said:

Most of the people are aren’t complaining about not winning the lottery. It’s the people like 93xxx who has 300 level seats instead of 100 level when some guy who joined in 2015 has great seats who have a legitimate gripe. Your point is taken, but seniority isn’t being taken into account in some cases 
    Not to play Devil's advocate, but I think people have a legitimate gripe. One of the tenants of the 10C was that seating assignment is based upon membership. The lottery is one thing, either you get a ticket or you don't, and membership seniority has nothing to do with that selection. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, once you got selected for the lottery, your seats were ostensibly based upon your seniority in the fan club. It's one of the reasons we all continue to pay the membership fee.  For some reason, this tour, that is obviously not the case, and understandably some people are frustrated by that fact.  I don't think 10C intended that seat assignments to be completely random, but there's obviously been some sort of change or error that has not been adequately explained to 10C members. I think the fault lies directly at the feet of TM, but that's just me. 
  • TheKricketTheKricket Posts: 115
    This thread has 322k views in less than a week

New Forum record?
    Each new tour brings a new record!
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Not to play Devil's advocate, but I think people have a legitimate gripe. One of the tenants of the 10C was that seating assignment is based upon membership. The lottery is one thing, either you get a ticket or you don't, and membership seniority has nothing to do with that selection. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, once you got selected for the lottery, your seats were ostensibly based upon your seniority in the fan club. It's one of the reasons we all continue to pay the membership fee.  For some reason, this tour, that is obviously not the case, and understandably some people are frustrated by that fact.  I don't think 10C intended that seat assignments to be completely random, but there's obviously been some sort of change or error that has not been adequately explained to 10C members. I think the fault lies directly at the feet of TM, but that's just me. 
    How are you playing devil’s advocate? You’re agreeing with my point
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    ZS55810 said:

Teenagers is being too kind. Straight up babies. Spoiled entitled babies. I
    Yeah, they would not like the results if no fan club, all premium pricing, and dealing with the bots.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,943
    edited April 2023
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Looks like reserved Deer Creek is working along seniority just fine. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

Yes they literally lay this out as a benefit of being a member and paying your dues.  How some people think that expecting to get what you pay for is crying is beyond me.  I think they have a serious hero worship complex.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

How are you playing devil’s advocate? You’re agreeing with my point
    That was in response to some of the earlier comments. Sorry about the confusion

• pulling69 said:
    Just got Indy as well, was not draw yesterday. Was my 1st and only selection, enter pit/reserved and lawn #195xxx
      SECH, Row F, Seats 1 - 2

My original Indy seats were SEC H, Row E, somewhere in the middle of the row, I was moved to SEC F, about 10 rows back. I'm a #308xxx
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    payling said:
    Got both Chicago shows today -went 6 for 6 in the lottery
    Nice! 
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • I've been following this (and barely working) since Monday. I've gone from bemused, to anxious, to frustrated, to angry, back to bemused.

Half of the folks are ready to burn everything down. The other half are calling people entitled for expecting something.

Honestly, I think this is just the reality now. This is not a small band anymore, nor a band with much sway. They're not The Cure and are only going to tour if they can make $$ off of it. Even Taylor Swift couldn't beat TM (just like PJ couldn't back in '95) so what hope does an aging rock band. (That's not meant derogatorily - this is my favorite band but their sway is just limited now.)

I love these guys. I've been a fan since I was 10 years old (1995) and discovered Ten. They were my first show back in 2000, fan club member in '03, let it lapse and rejoined in '08 and been a member ever since. I've seen them on most tours since then, though it's been spottier in the last few years due to having kids.

Here's my take: Am I happy that I'm in the 300s with a 421XXX number? Nope, especially considering in '09 I was in 112 in the same building. Am I grateful to be able to see them? Yup. Will I walk out of the show with a huge smile on my face, grateful that I was able to have another "religious" experience at a great show? Absolutely. Will I keep shelling out $$ every year to remain in the fan club? Of course. I love this band and support them.

They screwed up here. It was a crap deployment of a crap system. I'm in IT and I know how much it sucks to have something like this blow up in your face - nothing is worse than nothing working as planned and having no way to fix it. But there's little they can do here. They're too big to play clubs, but not big enough to influence the monopolies. And likely unable to get all of the tickets they'd like for their fans. So it is what it is. Sucks, but better than it was. Honestly, I miss the days of sending in my requests by mail, or at least not knowing my seats until the day of. Was always an exciting surprise to have great seats, and even if they were shitty, I was too stoked to be in the building to care much.

Anyone in 316, N1 in Chicago, feel free to stop by row 5 to say hey and drink to this wonderful band. Don't love the process, but glad to be able to drag by 38 year old body out for another show.

Cheers. 
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 254
    Reassigned for STP N2 from 103 row 13 to floor row 7 with #195XXX.  Probably about where I was on the floor at Xcel for PJ in 2003.  I'm short so I'd rather be on the side, but it will be great to be in the building on a Saturday night in an arena that sounds great (and where I was lucky to be in the GA in 2014).
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    edited April 2023
    I got a response from TM. They said they refunded the order, but obviously, it wont hit my account in time.  This just sucks so bad. 

Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission