Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,419
    Kevinman said:
    Should we go back to talking about sub sandwiches?  I'm hungry...
    As far as chains go......my go to at Potbelly is the wreck
    I need to give them another try....I went there once and wasn't impressed. Kind of like Which Witch
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    Kevinman said:
    I'm a big fan of their Italian - add hot peppers
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    Yah, this seems like a huge task.  I would honestly rather wait a week to make sure they got it right.  it would also help anyone (like myself) who would have issues with multiple charges being applied to a credit card before they are refunded properly. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,534
    Maybe this was the initial delay for announcement and it still didn't go to plan
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    Imagine if we didn’t have the transparency of the forum and facebook. No one would know how or if it all went wrong…
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    static111 said:
    Postcards, Money orders, problem solved
    I loved this system, honestly.  Haha.  Never worried about getting tickets.  You just got them. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,255
    know1 said:
    know1 said:
    I bet they regret combing PIT with Seated this time around.  Doesn't seem like much to gain by doing that.  All it caused was confusion.  I did read what Ten Club posted, and I did follow their recommendation for best available to select all which meant selecting PIT/Reserved as well as Reserved as 2nd choice.  But I can see why many of you didn't click Reserved after already clicking PIT/Reserved as first choice since it should cover both based on what they said.  But they should have just left it alone as just PIT.  It was very simple to click PIT and also click Reserved without making it PIT/Reserved and Reserved.  It would have avoided alot of people's confusion or worry about cancelling out their selections by choosing Reserved as 2nd since they had already seen Reserved was included with PIT now.  
    Yep - I said a few posts ago that this was the first big red flag. They should have never combined pit with reserved. They should have remained separate choices with separate priorities. 
    There shouldn't be a priority on seating selection. In 2020 it was simple.  You could select 1 of 3 options. Your priority is the show rankings.

GA Only
    Reserved Only
    Best Available (GA or Reserved)

Changing the language and the ability to check all boxes made it very weird

I disagree. They should have kept it where you could select show PLUS seat option as one full priority. If you want to try for the same show with a different seat option, it should be a different PRIORITY. 

In that scenario, you choices could look like this:
    Priority 1 - City X GA
    Priority 2 - City X Reserved

It was that way in the past 
    I didn’t like that. It was basically GA or bust for some shows.
    How they did it on 2020 makes the most sense to me
    pjl44 said:
    The real villain is whomever pitched Jersey Mike's cheese steaks as Philly quality. That shit is rich man's D'Angelo at best.
    I like JM because it's better than Subway or Penn Station (my opinion). I can't say that I have ever had a true Philly so no way to compare.

There is a place in Indy that Philly people like so I'll hit that sometime.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    Seems a little strange Ten Club hasn't said more about this in an official capacity by putting out a statement on home page.  Seems like they are content to just let Ticketmaster/TicketsToday handle this.  
    euchrid said:
    LaFleur said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    But I think your name has to be pulled first so yes someone with a priority 2 could win over a 1 because 1’s name never got pulled.  Does this make sense? 
    It does not.  Name can't be pulled if isn't in the hat.  (where did that text above on show priority come from?)
    From 2020 tour info page but this process for how priority works has always been like this so should still hold true.

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205143590-Pre-sale-Drawing

This has been explicitly superseded. The text for this process from https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2023 is:

I know people don't read stuff, but at the end of the day, it was there and folks can't blame anyone else if they didn't read the announcement details. That said, it's obviously and intentionally vague, meaningless weasel words. People should have expected that it wouldn't work the same as it used to, but nobody had/has any idea how it is in fact meant to work now. 
    Do you work for ticketmaster or something? You are vehemently defending how this has played out.  Are you a scalper/bot who got what you wanted?  

Them changing the entire lottery program without telling anyone is unfathomable bait and switch nonsense.  They were up front about changes to 10c.  Why wouldn't they be up front about lottery changes?  You have reasonable right to the belief that it would operate as it has unless expressly and explicitly stated in writing to advise you otherwise.
    Are you an idiot? How the actual *fuck* do you get "defending" from "intentionally vague weasel words" or my post a little while ago that was pretty much just "fuck Ticketmaster"? I still can't tell if you're actually one of the dumbest people I've ever met; just so angry that you can't read straight (fair enough); or just a straight up troll. 
    AND THEY DID TELL YOU THEY CHANGED IT, I FUCKING QUOTED IT AND INCLUDED A LINK. When they used to say "this is how it works" and now they say "we're not telling you how it works, but the thing that used to be central is now just "still considered", you'd have to be an absolute fucking moron to not realize it changed. I can understand people not having read that text, people don't read that stuff, but you can't for a second say it didn't exist. 
    my friend...you are just asking to get banned. You can't go off like this here. Edit ASAP or be damned.

• JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
    euchrid said:
    LaFleur said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

But I think your name has to be pulled first so yes someone with a priority 2 could win over a 1 because 1’s name never got pulled.  Does this make sense? 
    It does not.  Name can't be pulled if isn't in the hat.  (where did that text above on show priority come from?)
    From 2020 tour info page but this process for how priority works has always been like this so should still hold true.

This has been explicitly superseded. The text for this process from https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2023 is:

I know people don't read stuff, but at the end of the day, it was there and folks can't blame anyone else if they didn't read the announcement details. That said, it's obviously and intentionally vague, meaningless weasel words. People should have expected that it wouldn't work the same as it used to, but nobody had/has any idea how it is in fact meant to work now. 
    I am not sure this changes anything says priorities considered very clearly 

To level the playing field, ticket requests are fulfilled in a randomized selection process while still considering show priority.

Not sure how priority would be considered uneasy the followed the long standing documented process - TC says:

Ticket requests will be confirmed for each show taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed you will get your first priority.

this is same as always.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Vedd Hedd said:
    static111 said:
    Postcards, Money orders, problem solved
    I loved this system, honestly.  Haha.  Never worried about getting tickets.  You just got them. 
    And they were the biggest band in the world with much higher ticket demand!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Seems a little strange Ten Club hasn't said more about this in an official capacity by putting out a statement on home page.  Seems like they are content to just let Ticketmaster/TicketsToday handle this.  
    Neither will say anything because it will seem like they're taking the blame. God forbid someone own up to a mistake
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
  • Kwieneke said:
    They better get rolling on the rest of these requests
    I think everything is going to have to be pushed back until they figure this out but I can't say with any accuracy
    Well the verified sale is Friday, so they don't have a lot of time, unless they delay that too.
    I guess they could always go the Taylor Swift route and just cancel the general on sale and say there aren’t enough tix to go forward with it. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    New post from SEA really clears everything up. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Kevinman said:
    I need to give them another try....I went there once and wasn't impressed. Kind of like Which Witch
    I haven't been there in over a year, the last time there was not great.  I really don't like the chains sub shops much.  I also prefer non toasted sub, like Jimmy Johns.  Of all the chains I've tried, I think Jersey Mikes is the best, but again my last visit was disappointing.  I think it depends on the actual location.  
    I've never tried Which Witch, I'll put it on my list to try.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    I've been ignoring most of the technical debate because I honestly don't care much. It's out of all of our hands. But can someone explain to me what's so different about this year, as opposed to 2020/2022, aside from the no "GA only" requests? I keep seeing people say this is a new system. But it seems like the same exact system otherwise.
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    I haven't been there in over a year, the last time there was not great.  I really don't like the chains sub shops much.  I also prefer non toasted sub, like Jimmy Johns.  Of all the chains I've tried, I think Jersey Mikes is the best, but again my last visit was disappointing.  I think it depends on the actual location.  
    I got a gyro sandwich at Which Wich and didn't like it. Too much feta and not enough meat. The one in Fishers closed but it was in a high rent area. You've got to sell a ton of wich to pay the rent down there.

• Reads11Reads11 Posts: 101
    The easiest way to fix this is this: 

1. Keep the people who won tickets to the messed up shows from yesterday and then add everyone back in who had ga/res and run it again for what's left. Send those out without seat locations.
    2. Then run the lawn seats for Indy and send those out.
    3. Figure out the seat locations over the next month+ or however long it takes. It sucks to not know instantly but it's better for everyone to know they are in the door or not before Friday.

Fix the simple now and worry about the logistics of seats later there are 4 months to fix that.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,317
    pjl44 said:
    The real villain is whomever pitched Jersey Mike's cheese steaks as Philly quality. That shit is rich man's D'Angelo at best.
    I like JM because it's better than Subway or Penn Station (my opinion). I can't say that I have ever had a true Philly so no way to compare.

There is a place in Indy that Philly people like so I'll hit that sometime.
    Better than Penn Station?  Child please.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    I got a gyro sandwich at Which Wich and didn't like it. Too much feta and not enough meat. The one in Fishers closed but it was in a high rent area. You've got to sell a ton of wich to pay the rent down there.
    Is the philly place in Fishers?
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    I've been ignoring most of the technical debate because I honestly don't care much. It's out of all of our hands. But can someone explain to me what's so different about this year, as opposed to 2020/2022, aside from the no "GA only" requests? I keep seeing people say this is a new system. But it seems like the same exact system otherwise.
    Assigning seats as winners were drawn was new, and that did not work. Otherwise, I kind of agree. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    euchrid said:
    LaFleur said:

Do you work for ticketmaster or something? You are vehemently defending how this has played out.  Are you a scalper/bot who got what you wanted?  

Them changing the entire lottery program without telling anyone is unfathomable bait and switch nonsense.  They were up front about changes to 10c.  Why wouldn't they be up front about lottery changes?  You have reasonable right to the belief that it would operate as it has unless expressly and explicitly stated in writing to advise you otherwise.
    The truth is its always been a black box. I don't think it makes a difference. They have the right to change things. They've changed it many times already! "They didn't tell us" wouldn't have made a difference either. People are going to bitch no matter what. And even more when they don't get selected.  
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 510
    JF116983 said:
    BK221359 said:
    Interested to see how the seat changes affect all of 10C members selling tickets on Stubhub…I see a lot of tickets for sale out there (above face value).  Damn scalpers…
    They don't have the tickets.  These are speculative listings and this is a very common practice on ticket broker sites.  They list seats in a section for a very high dollar amount hoping someone buys them which amounts to a hopeful preorder on the sellers part.  They take the huge profit and shop for tickets that meet that demand - if they can't find them and profit from the transaction, then they simply cancel the order.  
    The brokers are likely selling PJ Premium options, which is less than 10% of seats and makes sense.

PJ Premium:

PJ Premium seats are located in a variety of preferred locations and account for approximately 10% of ticket inventory per show. They are priced at market rate to offset increased touring costs while also keeping prices low for the rest of the ticket inventory. PJ Premium tickets will be available through Verified Fan along with regularly priced tickets.  

Brokers won't touch PJ Premium tickets. Those are already priced to market and with the fees on secondary market sites, there is zero chance of making real money with them. 

Brokers want face value tickets to make 3-4X times their money. No doubt they have many fan club memberships because they don't care if they get tossed.
  • artforbw said:
    fixer123 said:
    I don’t know that it’ll do anything at all. But I’m going to email ten club and ask then why I got shut out on chicago shows as priorities 1 and 2 when people got them as priority 5-9.
    Worth a shot, but the reply I got from 10C was, "You need to contact Ticketstoday/TM."
    Passing the buck onto Ticketmaster is such a cop out and part of the reason I’m cancelling my membership if I don’t even land one ticket to my hometown shows in St. Paul. It’s your club, you charge us all year after year, yet you take no ownership when your club drawing goes south. 

They NOW have the opportunity to right the wrong with the re-drawing but I have zero hope they will do it right. 
    edited April 2023
    Kwieneke said:
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    Is the philly place in Fishers?
    No...Hoagies and Hops near Butler U is the place I've been told about

Actually Caprioti's in Castleton is also highly recommended
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    So do member numbers officially mean nothing now?  If so I will probably not renew.  Maintaining a low number was the only reason I continued paying once we stopped getting singles and the priorities started to be selling worthless plastic junk.  The high ticket prices and seniority being gone seems like there is no reason to be in the club anymore.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden