Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    JimmyV said:
    New post from SEA really clears everything up. 
    LMAO
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    Just got a new confirm for Chicago 1 in my email. Same exact seats.
  • JimmyV said:
    New post from SEA really clears everything up. 
    Not sure if this iss this sarcasm or not, but if not - can you link to the post?
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 164
    At some point someone stepping forward and giving a little clarity or an explanation to what happened would really be good for everyone sake I think they meant things to go just as they said G A, or reserves would put you into first priority reserve but then something happened and also seniority was supposed to be there for a reserve tickets and then something also happened hopefully they take your time and get it get it right which is the most important thing though and official update would be nice
  • YieldwaukeeYieldwaukee Posts: 126
    My card has now been refunded as promised...

2014 - Milwaukee
    2016 - Fenway N1
    2018 - Wrigley N1
    2022 - Oakland N1
    2023 - St Paul N1
    2024 - Wrigley N2
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,534
    Kwieneke said:
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    Should we go back to talking about sub sandwiches?  I'm hungry...
    As far as chains go......my go to at Potbelly is the wreck
    I need to give them another try....I went there once and wasn't impressed. Kind of like Which Witch
    I haven't been there in over a year, the last time there was not great.  I really don't like the chains sub shops much.  I also prefer non toasted sub, like Jimmy Johns.  Of all the chains I've tried, I think Jersey Mikes is the best, but again my last visit was disappointing.  I think it depends on the actual location.  
    I've never tried Which Witch, I'll put it on my list to try.
    I got a gyro sandwich at Which Wich and didn't like it. Too much feta and not enough meat. The one in Fishers closed but it was in a high rent area. You've got to sell a ton of wich to pay the rent down there.
    Is the philly place in Fishers?
    No...Hoagies and Hops near Butler U is the place I've been told about
    Not a bad drive from where i am, I can make that 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • TicketsToday has a massive amount to do today (Wednesday):

-Cancel the duplicate ticket orders (Austin)

-Cancel the Reserved tickets of those who were assigned tickets/seats (5 shows…StP, Chicago, Indy)

-Successfully process credit card refunds ONLY on those cancelled tickets

-Redo the algorithm to fix the problems in StP, Chicago, Indy (chosen GA/Res not getting GA or Res; seniority in seat assignments; anything else they feel like changing due to complaints or problems we aren’t even aware of)

-Put the cancelled ticket orders BACK into the pool

-Reselect winners for those tickets (it appears you may be pulled lottery style before priority matters)

-Finish selecting ALL the winners for StP, Chicago, Indy (seems it halted when they realized it was screwed up)

-Successfully process credit card payments on those tickets

-Email the winners with their updated statuses and seat numbers

That’s a LOT to do in a short amount of time.

The TicketMaster Verified Fan email says we’ll get an email tomorrow (Thursday, April 27) confirming next steps. Are they gonna push this out a day or two to give TicketsToday enough time to fix their mess? And whatever messes happen today? Because there will be. There always is. Signed, a software tester who knows you test in DEV/TEST/QUAL environments FIRST.

• BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    The old priority system made sense way back, when people could only get one show and then were out of the running for others. It's a *terrible* system when you can get multiple shows, because of all the possible algorithms it's one of the most susceptible to situations where some people get six or eight shows and some people get none. I suspect that's why they tried to change it, but the new implementation has definitely encountered... issues. 
    They just used the ‘old’ system in 2020/2022 and it worked fine
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    Chains serve a purpose, but I am all about finding a local shop.  Here in St. Louis, Gioia's is really good.  If i'm going to pay $12 for a sub these days, I don't want to do it at Subway.  I'd rather buy local and it's way better.  
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    NDJeff7 said:
    Thank you!
    I'm seeing some cranky posters in this thread - that's how I get when i'm hangry - might want to take a break and grab a sandwich perhaps?  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,419
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    I need to give them another try....I went there once and wasn't impressed. Kind of like Which Witch
    I haven't been there in over a year, the last time there was not great.  I really don't like the chains sub shops much.  I also prefer non toasted sub, like Jimmy Johns.  Of all the chains I've tried, I think Jersey Mikes is the best, but again my last visit was disappointing.  I think it depends on the actual location.  
    I got a gyro sandwich at Which Wich and didn't like it. Too much feta and not enough meat. The one in Fishers closed but it was in a high rent area. You've got to sell a ton of wich to pay the rent down there.
    Also Caprioti's in Castleton....that one is rated higher than Hoagies & Hops
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    NDJeff7 said:
    Could you advise on estimated 10c number, curious if they go in order.
  • My card has now been refunded as promised...
    Interesting... mine still has not...
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,534
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    Also Caprioti's in Castleton....that one is rated higher than Hoagies & Hops
    even closer to home 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • My card has now been refunded as promised...
    Seems like the process has begun….
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
    static111 said:
    So do member numbers officially mean nothing now?  If so I will probably not renew.  Maintaining a low number was the only reason I continued paying once we stopped getting singles and the priorities started to be selling worthless plastic junk.  The high ticket prices and seniority being gone seems like there is no reason to be in the club anymore.
    They still mean something, but only after you were selected for the lottery.  Once selected, they are supposed to go by seniority and assign best seats, but that didn't happen due to a glitch which is why they sent out an email saying they were going to reassign everyone's tickets that were selected.  
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902

TicketsToday has a massive amount to do today (Wednesday):

-Cancel the duplicate ticket orders (Austin)

-Cancel the Reserved tickets of those who were assigned tickets/seats (5 shows…StP, Chicago, Indy)

-Successfully process credit card refunds ONLY on those cancelled tickets

-Redo the algorithm to fix the problems in StP, Chicago, Indy (chosen GA/Res not getting GA or Res; seniority in seat assignments; anything else they feel like changing due to complaints or problems we aren’t even aware of)

-Put the cancelled ticket orders BACK into the pool

-Reselect winners for those tickets (it appears you may be pulled lottery style before priority matters)

-Finish selecting ALL the winners for StP, Chicago, Indy (seems it halted when they realized it was screwed up)

-Successfully process credit card payments on those tickets

-Email the winners with their updated statuses and seat numbers

That’s a LOT to do in a short amount of time.

The TicketMaster Verified Fan email says we’ll get an email tomorrow (Thursday, April 27) confirming next steps. Are they gonna push this out a day or two to give TicketsToday enough time to fix their mess? And whatever messes happen today? Because there will be. There always is. Signed, a software tester who knows you test in DEV/TEST/QUAL environments FIRST.

And the U2 Vegas draw starts today too for 12 shows with priority and all this shit (not seniority).

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    JimmyV said:
    I've been ignoring most of the technical debate because I honestly don't care much. It's out of all of our hands. But can someone explain to me what's so different about this year, as opposed to 2020/2022, aside from the no "GA only" requests? I keep seeing people say this is a new system. But it seems like the same exact system otherwise.
    Assigning seats as winners were drawn was new, and that did not work. Otherwise, I kind of agree. 
    Ah, yes. The obvious staring me in the face. lol
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,669
    Interesting... mine still has not...
    All my charges are still pending as well.

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    euchrid said:
    LaFleur said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    But I think your name has to be pulled first so yes someone with a priority 2 could win over a 1 because 1’s name never got pulled.  Does this make sense? 
    It does not.  Name can't be pulled if isn't in the hat.  (where did that text above on show priority come from?)
    From 2020 tour info page but this process for how priority works has always been like this so should still hold true.

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205143590-Pre-sale-Drawing

This has been explicitly superseded. The text for this process from https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2023 is:

I know people don't read stuff, but at the end of the day, it was there and folks can't blame anyone else if they didn't read the announcement details. That said, it's obviously and intentionally vague, meaningless weasel words. People should have expected that it wouldn't work the same as it used to, but nobody had/has any idea how it is in fact meant to work now. 
    That text accurately describes how it has worked in the past though, so it's not saying there's a change.
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    The old priority system made sense way back, when people could only get one show and then were out of the running for others. It's a *terrible* system when you can get multiple shows, because of all the possible algorithms it's one of the most susceptible to situations where some people get six or eight shows and some people get none. I suspect that's why they tried to change it, but the new implementation has definitely encountered... issues. 
    Well theres a lot of other factors. Old way you couldn't sell tickets. No refunds. Will call. Thats going to limit the number of shows most people go for.

Now you can just go for all of them and sell back via fan to fan. Thats going to lead to way more entries thus making it harder. In the end its a bit of luck, and the more entries means better chances. I've been shut out before. Everyone should based on common odds! I just don't cry when I lose. Well, at least not on a message board. 
  • DM55541DM55541 Posts: 23
    Expecting worseticketstoday. I had pretty good reserved tickets (Sec A Row W) for Indy as my only show choice. High ten club number due to a 12 year gap somewhere along the way. 

Sandwiches:  potbelly wreck on wheat add peppers. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    Seems like the process has begun….
    return of the jedi episode 6 GIF by Star Wars
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Kevinman said:
    They've got the Cubano back right now, it's pretty good. I mean, it's no real Cubano, but still good if you can't get a real one.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,276
    Chains serve a purpose, but I am all about finding a local shop.  Here in St. Louis, Gioia's is really good.  If i'm going to pay $12 for a sub these days, I don't want to do it at Subway.  I'd rather buy local and it's way better.  
    Gioia's is legit!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    edited April 2023
    I just got notified of Chicago N1 reserved tickets, in the area I would have expected with my seniority. 12:56p eastern

Had chosen just GA/reserved, and earlier today my order page said "unfulfilled."
    Post edited by Ryan_WFC on
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Message just received from TM:

"Thank you for reaching out and we understand you're asking about your ticket request. I apologize as the ticket requests are still being processed. This process is initially taking longer than expected. Please allow us another 48 hours to provide you with an update to your request."

No way this is all getting sorted by today.