Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    DKedzie said:
    I got this reply from Ticketstoday just now when I asked about my order status still showing as confirmed, and haven't been reassigned seats:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you're wondering about your ticket orders.

As per the updated e-mail you attached. "Unfortunately incorrect seat assignments were issued to Ten Club members for shows in St. Paul, Chicago and Indianapolis. We confirm you have reserved tickets to this show but to ensure all Ten Club members get the proper reserved seat location based on their seniority, seats are being reissued."

We cannot control this process as this is being handled directly by the event organizers and venues. Please refer to the user agreement policy for more information https://help.ticketmaster.com/hc/en-us/articles/10468830739345-Terms-of-Use
    Thank you,
    TicketsToday Customer Service Department

Sounds like TicketsToday, TM, & 10c are just passing the buck back and forth. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    dnadler74 said:
    Curious if anyone who put in for Chicago or Indy shows has gotten a side view or lawn ticket?
    BEST FIRST POST EVER!

J/k. It doesn't seem so so far
  • JbabbingtonJbabbington Posts: 151
    dnadler74 said:
    Curious if anyone who put in for Chicago or Indy shows has gotten a side view or lawn ticket?
    I'm still holding out for SEC 300. Haven't seen jack on those seats, barely 200 as well.
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    DKedzie said:
    I got this reply from Ticketstoday just now when I asked about my order status still showing as confirmed, and haven't been reassigned seats:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you're wondering about your ticket orders.

As per the updated e-mail you attached. "Unfortunately incorrect seat assignments were issued to Ten Club members for shows in St. Paul, Chicago and Indianapolis. We confirm you have reserved tickets to this show but to ensure all Ten Club members get the proper reserved seat location based on their seniority, seats are being reissued."

We cannot control this process as this is being handled directly by the event organizers and venues. Please refer to the user agreement policy for more information https://help.ticketmaster.com/hc/en-us/articles/10468830739345-Terms-of-Use
    Thank you,

Script
  • BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    Interested to see how the seat changes affect all of 10C members selling tickets on Stubhub…I see a lot of tickets for sale out there (above face value).  Damn scalpers…
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 133
    DKedzie said:

Thank you,

So they're trying to say, "it's not us, blame Ten Club". And guaranteed 10C will say "it's not us, blame Ticketmaster!" 
    DKedzie said:

Thank you,

So they're trying to say, "it's not us, blame Ten Club". And guaranteed 10C will say "it's not us, blame Ticketmaster!" 
    Exactly.
    I'm getting too old for this. :)
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    mace1229 said:
    Person 1 chooses Chicago N1 & N2 as their number 1 and 2 priority with only reserved seats & doesn't win
    Person 2 chooses Chicago N1 & N2 as their number 3 & 4 priority with only reserved seats & wins

^ this scenario is littered all over this thread - it makes zero sense
    Person 2 was selected as a lottery winner so they get tickets, and Person 1 was not selected in the lottery and gets no tickets.
    That's not how it was explained and not how it worked before. All priority 1 are entered into the lottery first. Only when all priority 1s have tickets, do they move to priority to.  That's how it worked before and that'd how the instructions read. 
    I completely agree with you, because if both of these people were selected as winners in the lottery then this situation should not happen.

So say there are 500 pairs of tickets for a show and 1000 people put that show as priority one (& requested 2 tix each) then there would be 500 lottery winners and 500 lottery losers is that what you are saying?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,416
    nrlione said:
    Did I screw myself If I ONLY selected Reserved seating for my selections?  I didn't want GA because I'm getting old and lazy, but I would have selected that option if it meant getting tickets vs not getting tickets.  I understand I would have had better odds because I would have been in two lotto's, but was this the right choice If I only wanted seats?  I'm just trying to learn for the next time I try to get 10c tickets.  Thanks!  
    No. I only had one show and did reserved only and got tickets.  Ft Worth 2 was my only show and reserved only.
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    BK221359 said:
    Interested to see how the seat changes affect all of 10C members selling tickets on Stubhub…I see a lot of tickets for sale out there (above face value).  Damn scalpers…
    Maybe a dumb question. But how on earth are they possibly selling these tickets yet?! When we don't even know what tickets we'll be receiving?
  • fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    I don’t know that it’ll do anything at all. But I’m going to email ten club and ask then why I got shut out on chicago shows as priorities 1 and 2 when people got them as priority 5-9.
    think I'll throw these pills away...
  • stonesstones Posts: 276
    Until someone convinces me otherwise, I am going to believe that they ran the prior algorithm as normal and that some people who lost GA were not automatically placed into the Reserved lottery as advertised.  There was then a snowball effect that affected all other entries.  GA entries went perfectly smooth, and Reserved seats were a disaster - this is the best explanation.

A few people may have gotten lucky and were placed into the Reserved lotto, but I am going with this until someone at 10C says otherwise.  
    It's a theory but from what I can see the majority of people who have "missed out" are in the draw for Chicago and/or Noblesville and as of now those shows are yet to be fully allocated.

I assume for Chicago as an example, but the same principle is true for Noblesville that your 1st priority could be assigned any one of 3 options (if you chose all 3); GA, Reserved or Reserved (rear and side).   GA winners get announced and charged first.  Reserved get announced second (this is where it all got paused yesterday for Chicago).  Reserved (rear and side) or Lawn in Noblesville announced third.  Including people who scored those same allocations with lesser priorities.

Where this gets murky is where someone chooses GA and Reserved only and not Side & Rear... could they miss out entirely and someone else get reserved with a lesser priority?  Not clear...
  • BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    lahren said:
    BK221359 said:
    Maybe a dumb question. But how on earth are they possibly selling these tickets yet?! When we don't even know what tickets we'll be receiving?
    Exactly…no clue how that works…
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    lahren said:
    BK221359 said:
    Every venue has season ticket holders too.  Their seats are locked in and they can do what they want with them.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 133
    fixer123 said:
    I don’t know that it’ll do anything at all. But I’m going to email ten club and ask then why I got shut out on chicago shows as priorities 1 and 2 when people got them as priority 5-9.
    Worth a shot, but the reply I got from 10C was, "You need to contact Ticketstoday/TM."
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    artforbw said:
    fixer123 said:
    Worth a shot, but the reply I got from 10C was, "You need to contact Ticketstoday/TM."
    Both parties just passing the buck at this point. Classic!
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I still think the first big red flag on this fiasco was when they lumped GA in with Reserved as a choice and then removed seat selection from the priorities. I knew that was likely going to be a problem.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    BK221359 said:
    They don't have the tickets.  These are speculative listings and this is a very common practice on ticket broker sites.  They list seats in a section for a very high dollar amount hoping someone buys them which amounts to a hopeful preorder on the sellers part.  They take the huge profit and shop for tickets that meet that demand - if they can't find them and profit from the transaction, then they simply cancel the order.  
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    know1 said:
    I still think the first big red flag on this fiasco was when they lumped GA in with Reserved as a choice and then removed seat selection from the priorities. I knew that was likely going to be a problem.
    It definitely muddied the waters a bit because it created an "if not, then" scenario in the algo for those folks who selected GA/Res. 
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    Discopij said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Discopij said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:
    Another fact that make no sense to me it's this case

Person 1: selects one show as 1st priority only a "GA & Reserved"
    Person 2: selects one show as 2nd priority a Reserved

Person 2 win tickets but not person 1.
    Easy. Once person 1 lost the ga lottery for show the res option wasn’t considered for seats.  Person 2 got the seats by not selecting ga option 
    And why do you create that option as "GA & Reserved"? If you do not score a GA you should be directed to the drawing with the ones who chose only Reserved, and this didn't happen.
    Correct this DID NOT happen.  For the Texas shows it worked.  Def not chi and Indy and maybe St. Paul, but I think slightly less demand there than chi and Indy 
    But if GA/Reserved covered all the tickets that Reserved covered, why would we be told explicitly that choosing both options gives you a better chance at tickets?
    The ga/res option did not get you into the res pool for high demand shows like they said it would.  Once the GA seats were gone so was your chance at seats 
    And for these people, their problem would have been solved if they simply chose both options like they were told to.
    We need more data - but for Tx at least, people clearly were in the res pool if missed GA with only GA/res option selected. 

Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,534
    artforbw said:
    fixer123 said:
    Holy shit…
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Kwieneke said:
    artforbw said:
    fixer123 said:
    Holy shit…
    Oof... 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,255
    lahren said:
    BK221359 said:
    Every venue has season ticket holders too.  Their seats are locked in and they can do what they want with them.

I didn't realize season tickets apply to concerts. Just thought it was hope games of whatever sport it was. Do the bands get any cut when a bunch of tickets go to season passes?
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I'm feeling pretty good that I didn't put in for $162 concert tickets.  It would be an extra slap in the face to spend that money with a low member number and years of seniority only to get crap seats.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    lahren said:
    BK221359 said:
    They told them what seats they got yesterday. They immediately scalped them. Now they're getting different seats. And now they're fucked. lol
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    edited April 2023
    lahren said:
    BK221359 said:

Oh. That makes sense and somehow makes me feel better. You don't want people in that building only there to hear "Jeremy" and disappointed with the "obscure" tracks AKA anything after 1994.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    lahren said:
    BK221359 said:
    They told them what seats they got yesterday. They immediately scalped them. Now they're getting different seats. And now they're fucked. lol
    It is kind of funny from that perspective. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    I bet they regret combing PIT with Seated this time around.  Doesn't seem like much to gain by doing that.  All it caused was confusion.  I did read what Ten Club posted, and I did follow their recommendation for best available to select all which meant selecting PIT/Reserved as well as Reserved as 2nd choice.  But I can see why many of you didn't click Reserved after already clicking PIT/Reserved as first choice since it should cover both based on what they said.  But they should have just left it alone as just PIT.  It was very simple to click PIT and also click Reserved without making it PIT/Reserved and Reserved.  It would have avoided alot of people's confusion or worry about cancelling out their selections by choosing Reserved as 2nd since they had already seen Reserved was included with PIT now.  
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    mace1229 said:
    lahren said:
    BK221359 said:

I didn't realize season tickets apply to concerts. Just thought it was hope games of whatever sport it was. Do the bands get any cut when a bunch of tickets go to season passes?
    For hockey/basketball arenas, yes the band would get a cut.  Its their ticket.  However, as a season ticket holder for say...the Bulls or Blackhawks, sometimes we would get the opportunity to buy presale tickets to a concert.  So would could opt to buy that show, or not.  Even though supplies were limited.  We didnt get "Our seat", just the opportunity to buy presale tickets, as some of those were held back for STH. 

For amphitheaters, like Deer Creek (Or whatever its called), they have their own season ticket holders, too, for all concerts.  I dont know how that works, but I would assume they pay up front for the tickets, then the amphitheater pays the artist. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • danofundanofun Posts: 978
    The real question, how did TM get Ft. Worth right?!
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    But I think your name has to be pulled first so yes someone with a priority 2 could win over a 1 because 1’s name never got pulled.  Does this make sense? 
    It does not.  Name can't be pulled if isn't in the hat.  (where did that text above on show priority come from?)
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22