Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • For those wondering if you should have the tickets in your account yet, I went back to the 2022 shows confirmation emails. Tickets were delivered 2 days after shows were confirmed. 
  • ReleaseMeReleaseMe Posts: 745
    DEGBTI said:
    i put GA/Res as my only pick. I only wanted GA, so when others talked about clicking both GA/Res and Res, I said no way! That could screw me some how. Ended up wit Res. 

Did the same with wife's account, only checking GA/Res, and got GA

Point is no way was I going to check both boxes, just didn't make sense and still doesn't 

100%
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • TP128347TP128347 Posts: 67
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,013
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJammin said:
    Until someone convinces me otherwise, I am going to believe that they ran the prior algorithm as normal and that some people who lost GA were not automatically placed into the Reserved lottery as advertised.  There was then a snowball effect that affected all other entries.  GA entries went perfectly smooth, and Reserved seats were a disaster - this is the best explanation.

A few people may have gotten lucky and were placed into the Reserved lotto, but I am going with this until someone at 10C says otherwise.  
    This appears to have a high probability of being accurate. Unfortunately the instructions given were to essentially choose all ticket options so many folks end up in that "affected all other entries" bucket. 
    Yeah.  I only chose GA/RES because, well, it just made sense as someone who has done plenty of these lotteries in the past.  Once again, poor communication from 10c (shocking to no one)
    I agree... wasn't our first rodeo... we selected GA/RES with the notion that if we were not selected in the GA pool... we would be placed in a pool along with the rest of priority one RES.  It makes no sense to even select the RES option as well... It's like putting a hat on top of a hat.

This was my error... I guess I didn't read the fine print enough, I didn't realize you could choose both. I thought it was one or the other. 

If the option was one or the other, GA or RES, I would have gone the latter route. Pulled a GA for St Paul N2, so I'm not complaining. 

I feel for the people who had tickets only to get the cancellation email later... I know that feeling and it blows. 
  • PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:
    Are people suggesting the GA/Reserved is in any way the same as Reserved?  I thought those were two totally different options where GA/Reserved = Floor (either seated or standing) and Reserved is seated bowl.  So if someone put GA/Reserved as their only option and didn't win, many people with lower priorities would win Reserved instead of them because they were not part of that lottery.
    That's not what it said. It said that if you weren't selected for GA you would be put in the pool for Reserved. But, apparently, that didn't happen?
    The Reserved choice was supposed to be for those that only wanted Reserved, did not want GA.
    Totally agree. That's why I only chose GA&Reserved. Because choosing also Reserved did not make sense to me since it was explained that choosing the first option was already included.
    But why take that risk? It said clear as day to select both options for best chances. They told you and you still thought, nah, they must be crazy. 

They are proving to be crazy, but ignoring that prompt is wild to me.
    What if clicking all boxes somehow glitched you out of the chance on getting GA since you chose RES only as an option. We would be having the exact same discussion on the opposite side. 

That’s a different issue. Ticketmaster told us how to improve odds and people ignored it. Not the same as they told us how to improve our odds, we all followed instructions, but something else messed up. 

How they ran stuff is a mess, it’s clear, but people willingly disregarding choosing both could not have helped. 
    But you are improving your odds since you are selecting GA and RES as apposed to just RES. The bump in the odds being increased  lies on the fact GA is making your chances on getting in the building better. 

Choosing to be in the RES lotto in two different boxes if you strike out on GA should not increase your RES odds in anyway shape or form. 
    I am not arguing that at all. 

Ticketmaster said on the selection screen: “ In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.” 

Yet people decided they knew better and didn’t follow the instruction. 

Again, it’s clear they fucked up, but ignoring that definitely didn’t help some people here. 
    It’s clear if you want lawn, reserved, behind stage etc. it’s not saying there is a discernible difference between selecting ga or reserved and reserved 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    bbiggs said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    And there it is in plain English again.  This continues to be overlooked by a few posters here who "know how a lottery works" when the rest of us are supposedly schmucks.  Priority #5 should not get seats to the same show Priority #1 struck out on.  Plain and f'n simple.

That's from 2020. The current text is this:

Ahhhh.....good find. Well "randomized selection process" is about as vague as you can get. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,804
    edited April 2023

For those saying “Ticketmaster said to click all options”

This was also said.  So I don’t think that’s a reasonable argument.

What else is "If not selected for GA, members will then be entered for Reserved" supposed to mean??
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • MG51241MG51241 Posts: 6

More TM issues for Chance the Rapper at UC in Chicago. Comedy of errors. 
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 933
    Chydro said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    I hope they don't fuck with my seats to the FTW shows. They aren't great but they're both on the aisle which I prefer. I'd hate to lose those.
    What seat number ends on the aisle?
    16 in my section. I assume that's likely the case for most of the 100 level sections. I got seats 15-16 for one night and 1-2 for the other.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJammin said:
    Until someone convinces me otherwise, I am going to believe that they ran the prior algorithm as normal and that some people who lost GA were not automatically placed into the Reserved lottery as advertised.  There was then a snowball effect that affected all other entries.  GA entries went perfectly smooth, and Reserved seats were a disaster - this is the best explanation.

A few people may have gotten lucky and were placed into the Reserved lotto, but I am going with this until someone at 10C says otherwise.  
    This appears to have a high probability of being accurate. Unfortunately the instructions given were to essentially choose all ticket options so many folks end up in that "affected all other entries" bucket. 
    Yeah.  I only chose GA/RES because, well, it just made sense as someone who has done plenty of these lotteries in the past.  Once again, poor communication from 10c (shocking to no one)
    I agree... wasn't our first rodeo... we selected GA/RES with the notion that if we were not selected in the GA pool... we would be placed in a pool along with the rest of priority one RES.  It makes no sense to even select the RES option as well... It's like putting a hat on top of a hat.
    Makes no sense, but they told you on that screen how to improve your chances. I’m sorry it played out this way. 

Okay… im done in here… the way it worked out and people ignoring prompts will never make sense. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    Did everyone have the dollar hold on your card after choosing? 
    Mine showed up last Thursday and showed as processing until yesterday afternoon, and then disappeared.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    MG51241 said:

More TM issues for Chance the Rapper at UC in Chicago. Comedy of errors. 
    Yeah, I was having trouble with Billy Strings tickets about 55min ago. Seems to be resolved now. And those who came back at just the right time got hooked up!  B)
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,534
    At this point, they should push it all back a week and start all over. Rework the system so at least Ticketmaster understands what they’re doing 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • Trying to keep up here, but has anyone heard about lawn? I put in Indy for all options first priority and I'm seeing that if I'm "unfulfilled" that I'm out? 

At this point I'm just ready to play the F2F game, but curious if anyone had heard, and sorry if I missed it. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 962
    edited April 2023

What else is "If not selected for GA, members will then be entered for Reserved" supposed to mean??
    my thought is it should not be up to them to "improve my chances to get in" Tha'ts up to me. If I want to improve my chances, I would check reserved. If I want to get GA, its on me if I miss out. Are they my parents now?

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,534
    Trying to keep up here, but has anyone heard about lawn? I put in Indy for all options first priority and I'm seeing that if I'm "unfulfilled" that I'm out? 

At this point I'm just ready to play the F2F game, but curious if anyone had heard, and sorry if I missed it. 
    Not drawn yet 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
    edited April 2023

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    Kwieneke said:
    At this point, they should push it all back a week and start all over. Rework the system so at least Ticketmaster understands what they’re doing 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,804
    DEGBTI said:

my thought is it should not be up to them to "improve my chances to get in" Tha'ts up to me. If I want to improve my chances, I would check reserved. If I want to get GA, it’s on me if I miss out. Are they my parents now?

I hear ya.  Going away from the prior model was a quick and dirty way to sell more nose bleeds that has quickly backfired and frustrated an entire fan base
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 122
    I got this reply from Ticketstoday just now when I asked about my order status still showing as confirmed, and haven't been reassigned seats:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you're wondering about your ticket orders.

As per the updated e-mail you attached. "Unfortunately incorrect seat assignments were issued to Ten Club members for shows in St. Paul, Chicago and Indianapolis. We confirm you have reserved tickets to this show but to ensure all Ten Club members get the proper reserved seat location based on their seniority, seats are being reissued."

We cannot control this process as this is being handled directly by the event organizers and venues. Please refer to the user agreement policy for more information https://help.ticketmaster.com/hc/en-us/articles/10468830739345-Terms-of-Use
    Thank you,
    TicketsToday Customer Service Department

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    DEGBTI said:

my thought is it should not be up to them to "improve my chances to get in" Tha'ts up to me. If I want to improve my chances, I would check reserved. If I want to get GA, its on me if I miss out. Are they my parents now?

+1
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
    mookieb14 said:
    Thank you 10C for acknowledging and working to fix the seating issues for those 3 venues.  

It is appreciated!
    What is being fixed?  Just reassignment of seat allocations to the “winners”?   Or are they fixing the problem of members not even getting a chance at seats cause they picked only ga/Res?
    I picked the GA/RES and got in to my priority 1/2 in res, I am not sure all info in this forum is 100% accurate with priorities, selections, etc. 

for example did people put in for both GA and Res only thinking the got a double chance and not get anything because they lost the pit option and then their RES went to a lower priority? Are ppl really being truthful with their posts? Without screenshots to prove you really don’t know. 

Finally, did someone with a lower priority win because that show simply did not have enough demand?

Based on my results, I can’t see how things went bad for u unless u didn’t follow directions and tried to take systen by selecting GA/Res and Res option, which likely hurt you.
    edited April 2023

• DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    I was 2 for my last 13 10c lotteries before i got all 3 choices yesterday ... and while the reasons some people lost suck, after 24 hours I never cared about why I lost ... just that I lost.

I've moved on to now trying to guess whether my Chicago seat locations will get better or worse.  I had section 234 both nights with 404xxx (GA/Res as first option and Reserved as 2nd) ... and i actually think that seems like a logical place for my number but who knows how it will change.  
  • Curious if anyone who put in for Chicago or Indy shows has gotten a side view or lawn ticket?
    Atlanta, GA 9/22/2012
    Greenville, SC 4/16/2016
    Chicago, IL Night 1 8/18/2018
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,013

This is what i recall reading.

What a f'ing shit show. 
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    PJammin said:
    bbiggs said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    And there it is in plain English again.  This continues to be overlooked by a few posters here who "know how a lottery works" when the rest of us are supposedly schmucks.  Priority #5 should not get seats to the same show Priority #1 struck out on.  Plain and f'n simple.

That's from 2020. The current text is this:

Ahhhh.....good find. Well "randomized selection process" is about as vague as you can get. 
    and would you look at that, word for word text response from customer service.

Almost as if they are, in fact, reading from a script, and do not know how to answer things :)
  • Kwieneke said:
    Trying to keep up here, but has anyone heard about lawn? I put in Indy for all options first priority and I'm seeing that if I'm "unfulfilled" that I'm out? 

Not drawn yet 
    Thank you
  • artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 133
    DKedzie said:
    I got this reply from Ticketstoday just now when I asked about my order status still showing as confirmed, and haven't been reassigned seats:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you're wondering about your ticket orders.

As per the updated e-mail you attached. "Unfortunately incorrect seat assignments were issued to Ten Club members for shows in St. Paul, Chicago and Indianapolis. We confirm you have reserved tickets to this show but to ensure all Ten Club members get the proper reserved seat location based on their seniority, seats are being reissued."

We cannot control this process as this is being handled directly by the event organizers and venues. Please refer to the user agreement policy for more information https://help.ticketmaster.com/hc/en-us/articles/10468830739345-Terms-of-Use
    Thank you,

Same here. Their reply to my inquiry:
    Thank you,

(ie: We won't help you. So F**k off.)