Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• I'm seeing some cranky posters in this thread - that's how I get when i'm hangry - might want to take a break and grab a sandwich perhaps?  
    This.

You really have almost an endless assortment of sandwiches to choose from, as well.  Anything from a grilled cheese sandwich to hell, even a cheeseburger could fit the description.  Meats, Veggies, Vegan, Pescatarian, gluten free, diet be damned.  There's a sandwich for you out there.  Go and find it.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    The old priority system made sense way back, when people could only get one show and then were out of the running for others. It's a *terrible* system when you can get multiple shows, because of all the possible algorithms it's one of the most susceptible to situations where some people get six or eight shows and some people get none. I suspect that's why they tried to change it, but the new implementation has definitely encountered... issues. 
    They just used the ‘old’ system in 2020/2022 and it worked fine
    It didn't break, but if anything there were more complaints than this time about "person X got 6 shows and I got zero". "Fine" is in the eye of the beholder. 
    Wrong again
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    Seems a little strange Ten Club hasn't said more about this in an official capacity by putting out a statement on home page.  Seems like they are content to just let Ticketmaster/TicketsToday handle this.  
    It could also be as easy as TM/TT saying oh thats how you did it? We won't do it that way. Make adjustments on your end. Its not like they would have a choice. 
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Ryan_WFC said:
    I just got notified of Chicago reserved tickets, in the area I would have expected with my seniority. 12:56p eastern

Had chosen just GA/reserved, and earlier today my order page said "unfulfilled."
    Awesome news!
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    Now I’m noticing comments being deleted in certain threads. So they’re either fixing it, or trying to cover it up 
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    Doug87 said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    Just got a new confirm for Chicago 1 in my email. Same exact seats.
    Could you advise on estimated 10c number, curious if they go in order.
    27xxx, member since '93
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Ryan_WFC said:
    I just got notified of Chicago reserved tickets, in the area I would have expected with my seniority. 12:56p eastern

Had chosen just GA/reserved, and earlier today my order page said "unfulfilled."
    So..........did you have tickets before or was this your first notice of tickets?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,943

TicketsToday has a massive amount to do today (Wednesday):

-Cancel the duplicate ticket orders (Austin)

-Cancel the Reserved tickets of those who were assigned tickets/seats (5 shows…StP, Chicago, Indy)

-Successfully process credit card refunds ONLY on those cancelled tickets

-Redo the algorithm to fix the problems in StP, Chicago, Indy (chosen GA/Res not getting GA or Res; seniority in seat assignments; anything else they feel like changing due to complaints or problems we aren’t even aware of)

-Put the cancelled ticket orders BACK into the pool

-Reselect winners for those tickets (it appears you may be pulled lottery style before priority matters)

-Finish selecting ALL the winners for StP, Chicago, Indy (seems it halted when they realized it was screwed up)

-Successfully process credit card payments on those tickets

-Email the winners with their updated statuses and seat numbers

That’s a LOT to do in a short amount of time.

The TicketMaster Verified Fan email says we’ll get an email tomorrow (Thursday, April 27) confirming next steps. Are they gonna push this out a day or two to give TicketsToday enough time to fix their mess? And whatever messes happen today? Because there will be. There always is. Signed, a software tester who knows you test in DEV/TEST/QUAL environments FIRST.

Live footage from the Tickets today office: 

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    DM55541 said:
    Expecting worseticketstoday.
    Expecting noticketstoday.

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,011
    My biggest positive of this thread:  adding the expression "weasel words" to my vocabulary. 
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    Doug87 said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    Just got a new confirm for Chicago 1 in my email. Same exact seats.
    Thank you!
    I know you have a good number. Do the seats reflect that? My seats were terrible in relation to my number.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119

-Cancel the Reserved tickets of those who were assigned tickets/seats (5 shows…StP, Chicago, Indy)

-Redo the algorithm to fix the problems in StP, Chicago, Indy (chosen GA/Res not getting GA or Res; seniority in seat assignments; anything else they feel like changing due to complaints or problems we aren’t even aware of)

-Reselect winners for those tickets (it appears you may be pulled lottery style before priority matters)

-Finish selecting ALL the winners for StP, Chicago, Indy (seems it halted when they realized it was screwed up)

The TicketMaster Verified Fan email says we’ll get an email tomorrow (Thursday, April 27) confirming next steps. Are they gonna push this out a day or two to give TicketsToday enough time to fix their mess? And whatever messes happen today? Because there will be. There always is. Signed, a software tester who knows you test in DEV/TEST/QUAL environments FIRST.

They can't really do the bolded. The email winners received last night reads, "We confirm you have reserved tickets to this show but to ensure all Ten Club members get the proper reserved seat location based on their seniority, seats are being reissued." Throwing people back in a draw after twice confirming they have tickets is a further mess. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 963
    my guess is the push the verified sale to next week.  
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    This back and forth melee is making me exhausted and hungry for subs. How come I'm not up in arms or angry? Maybe hangry. I think what we are all forgetting here is this is a lottery. Your membership gives you a chance to score tickets. Nothing was ever guaranteed. The system is flawed, yes. We have no power over that, why waste energy on it? But ultimately there are winners and there are losers. Whether you were screwed over by these flaws or lucked out on the other end due to these flaws, it's really still luck of the draw. Isn't it? No on personally selected your number and screwed you over on purpose. You are not entitled to anything. We are free to go out like the rest of the public and hope there's still some good seats remaining. But we have a better chance. If your seats end up not good enough, go out and get the verified tickets and sell the Ten Club tickets. Whatever. Or spend $1000 for them on Stub Hub. You could have much worse things in life. This is the first of all first world problems to be up in arms about. Relax.
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    Kevinman said:
    Ryan_WFC said:

So..........did you have tickets before or was this your first notice of tickets?
    This
  • its gonna take a lot more than a day to figure this out. i am guessing tomorrow at earliest for a response. 
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909

Live footage from the Tickets today office: 

Hilarious, but unfortunately true.

I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • JbabbingtonJbabbington Posts: 151
    In regards to if unfulfilled means your out. Expect more confirmations it seems
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,276
    Ryan_WFC said:
    I just got notified of Chicago N1 reserved tickets, in the area I would have expected with my seniority. 12:56p eastern

This is encouraging 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    Kevinman said:
    Ryan_WFC said:

First notice.

"They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    The old priority system made sense way back, when people could only get one show and then were out of the running for others. It's a *terrible* system when you can get multiple shows, because of all the possible algorithms it's one of the most susceptible to situations where some people get six or eight shows and some people get none. I suspect that's why they tried to change it, but the new implementation has definitely encountered... issues. 
    They just used the ‘old’ system in 2020/2022 and it worked fine
    It didn't break, but if anything there were more complaints than this time about "person X got 6 shows and I got zero". "Fine" is in the eye of the beholder. 
    You’re entitled to your opinion but the majority of this board is clearly of the opinion that the most fair way is actually to have priority rankings that every single person intentionally selected be strictly enforced. If someone gets shut out in this system, it is because they picked a really popular show first and lost a dice roll. People can live with that because they at least had a chance at the show that mattered the most to them. If someone else gets 3, 4, 5 shows because they wanted to go to less popular shows and/or got super lucky, again people can at least understand that. 

Most people seem to prefer a process that is clean and seems fair while still allowing for randomness than a system that overlooks individual priority selections in the interest of engineering a move even ticket distribution. If that is even what is happening, which we have no idea and frankly this fiasco makes me extremely skeptical of. 

Not sure why you are continuing to swim upstream on this one which is ultimately an opinion issue but you do you.
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    chiefnjk said:
    Message just received from TM:

"Thank you for reaching out and we understand you're asking about your ticket request. I apologize as the ticket requests are still being processed. This process is initially taking longer than expected. Please allow us another 48 hours to provide you with an update to your request."

No way this is all getting sorted by today. 
    If they’re saying 48 hours from now, that goes after  Verified Fan on sale time. Hopefully they can sort it out before that happens, or that’s really bad if people try for those and then end up getting confirmed for 10C tickets after that.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,011
    In regards to if unfulfilled means your out. Expect more confirmations it seems
    Great.  We sweat until midnight.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Ryan_WFC said:
    I just got notified of Chicago N1 reserved tickets, in the area I would have expected with my seniority. 12:56p eastern

Well that’s encouraging!
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    mattcoz said:
    euchrid said:
    LaFleur said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    But I think your name has to be pulled first so yes someone with a priority 2 could win over a 1 because 1’s name never got pulled.  Does this make sense? 
    It does not.  Name can't be pulled if isn't in the hat.  (where did that text above on show priority come from?)
    From 2020 tour info page but this process for how priority works has always been like this so should still hold true.

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205143590-Pre-sale-Drawing

This has been explicitly superseded. The text for this process from https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2023 is:

I know people don't read stuff, but at the end of the day, it was there and folks can't blame anyone else if they didn't read the announcement details. That said, it's obviously and intentionally vague, meaningless weasel words. People should have expected that it wouldn't work the same as it used to, but nobody had/has any idea how it is in fact meant to work now. 
    That text accurately describes how it has worked in the past though, so it's not saying there's a change.
    I read that bit at time and presumed same. When they made big changes in previous years they would make it more clear than what happened this time.
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    edited April 2023
    Ryan_WFC said:

Hey, congrats! One is an anecdote, but a few more of those and it definitely starts to lend credence to the theory that in some manner or another, "GA/Reserved" entries didn't cascade into Reserved as expected. 
    No, I do think that happened, and that they are making changes today. Or perhaps that the GA/reserved-only draw didn't happen until now.

"They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,460
    I'm seeing some cranky posters in this thread - that's how I get when i'm hangry - might want to take a break and grab a sandwich perhaps?  
    This.

You really have almost an endless assortment of sandwiches to choose from, as well.  Anything from a grilled cheese sandwich to hell, even a cheeseburger could fit the description.  Meats, Veggies, Vegan, Pescatarian, gluten free, diet be damned.  There's a sandwich for you out there.  Go and find it.
    Currently consuming a grilled cheese with salami and kraut. 
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Ryan_WFC said:
    Ryan_WFC said:

Hey, congrats! One is an anecdote, but a few more of those and it definitely starts to lend credence to the theory that in some manner or another, "GA/Reserved" entries didn't cascade into Reserved as expected. 
    No, I do think that happened, and that they are making changes today. Or perhaps that the GA/reserved-only draw didn't happen until now.

1st priority?

Have any other requests as in did you get both Chicagos?